PDA

View Full Version : Ask a mentor

Kalika
April 14th, 2007, 06:58 PM
I am happy to announce the addition of a new feature to the mentoring program:

An email address has been created for questions, comments, requests for further clarification or information, and just general questions that you may not feel comfortable posting here.

The goal of your guides is to incorporate these questions and their answers into the FAQ, in order to make this website a more comprehensive resource for all of you.

The email: askamentor@hotmail.com

Ask away! :)

Aveline
October 28th, 2007, 04:02 PM
Little Orphan Newbie here looking to be adopted! Is there a forum for discussing personal beliefs, etc in order to find good matches with people willing to mentor? Or how should I get started?

Tanya
October 28th, 2007, 11:42 PM
i'll take ya if you want taking!

shoot on the personal beliefs, there are lots of paths about, and a mentor program, though it has yet to really take off well, but... i am at your sevice.

Asuka
October 29th, 2007, 04:55 AM
I know I just like totally joined like a few hours ago, but I really want to jump in head first. I'm a total newbie who wouldn't mind having my hand held a bit. XD

Seeing as there are only mentor-specific posts about at the moment (and it seems like the program's fairly active, maybe?) where would I -- as a newbie -- go about finding someone?

I know we're all coming up on the holidays and people are getting busy, but I thought I'd ask. This is probably totally the wrong place for this, but it can't hurt, right? o_o;;;;

BTW, if anyone checks in .. I'm not looking for anyone path-specific (since I don't know where I want to go myself) and I'm looking for someone who will give me A LOT of work to do. ^_^

Sorry, sorry again for posting in a bad spot!

SabakuNoGaara
October 30th, 2007, 11:29 AM
Newbie here! I'm a little confused and I'm a beginner to Wicca. A mentor would be really nice. I feel a little out of place and untaught around here.

Nitefalle
October 31st, 2007, 09:02 AM
Yes, what happened to all the threads for Newbies to introduce themselves, what they're looking for in a mentor, etc? That was probably pretty helpful to them.

RainInanna
October 31st, 2007, 10:08 AM
Yep, Aveline, and all, the newbie threads are here.

Scroll down to the bottom of the forum and look for the dropdown box that says "Last Month". By default the forum only shows threads that people have posted to this month. Click and choose "Beginning". Then click the button that says "Show Threads".

It's just that no one has posted to them recently.

Nitefalle
October 31st, 2007, 11:36 AM
Wow, I am 2/2 today with this thing.....and here I thought I knew how to work a computer _whistle_

RainInanna
November 4th, 2007, 07:24 PM
No worries. GEBS kindly fixed it for us so it will default to "since the beginning" from now on. Now you see all the threads from the old newbie program too, but at least you can see everything for the current one. I've put a word in ALL CAPITALS - USUALLY MENTOR OR NEWBIE OR IMPORTANT - in the new thread titles.