PDA

View Full Version : Maat Magick

morganxpage
April 26th, 2007, 10:30 AM
Anyone else here have an interest in Maat Magick? I'm reading Nema's book at the moment, and I'm finding it fascinating. In my opinion, the double current is what Thelema's been missing.

I also see a lot of cross-over between Maat Magick and Feri Witchcraft. Maat Magick seems to me like the bridge between Thelema and Feri.

RainInanna
April 26th, 2007, 10:41 AM
I keep seeing that book and pondering picking it up but haven't yet. Could you describe it in more detail? How do you see it relating to Feri?

sidhe
April 26th, 2007, 05:40 PM
I haven't heard of the book, but I'm interested in the Feri Tradition (the rituals of Thelema are currently ringing hollow for me) so it does sound like an interesting read.

morganxpage
April 27th, 2007, 01:36 AM
I keep seeing that book and pondering picking it up but haven't yet. Could you describe it in more detail? How do you see it relating to Feri?

Hmm.. It's kind of hard to describe, but there is a definite resonance between the teaches I've receiving as a student of Feri and what's presented in Maat Magick. Melek Taus (under his more dubious name) figures prominently in Maat Magick. As well, the intelligence known as N'Aton in Maat Magick is conceptually similar to how some Feris view Dian-y-Glas (as a collective Godsoul of humanity/Earth).

Maat Magick is all about the Double Current of Horus (ie, Thelema as presented by Aleister Crowley) and Maat, which completes the YHVH formula of the Aeonic Currents. It's very concerned with the transformation/evolution of humanity at large from homo sapiens to homo veritas. It seems a lot like how Feri would look if you viewed it through Typhonian/Kenneth Grant-style sunglasses.

RedRaven
June 21st, 2007, 12:01 AM
Ave,
i have a copy of the book but im going to be selling it as soon as my books come out of storage. I honestly didnt care for it. I did a little bit of looking into thelema, and the Maat "offshot", but it did nothing for me.