PDA

View Full Version : Greetings all

Svanni
April 15th, 2001, 05:30 PM
Greetings to everyone,

My name is Svanni and I am a gythja (similar to a priestess) of the Northern Way, also know as Asatru or Heathenism. I am one of the members of the Har Rede and web mistress for an organization I helped found called the Midhnott Sol Regintroth. (www.midhnottsol.org) I kind of found this board by chance and was invited to stop by and say hello (thanks RnR!)

We plan to apply for official "church tax exempt status" with the government this year. Besides the duties I have at MSR my interests lay in computer art (3d especially), oil painting, writing, web design, Viking and Celtic style art, and the study of Norse lore and writing about it. I am presently studying Old Norse so that my studies and articles can be more informed and accurate. I am also presently working on a book that will be for those who are interested in finding out more about the Northern Way, bascially a "Northern Way 101" book. I am also the Editor of a quarterly journal called "Leidstjarna" which is as you might have guessed, ;-) is a journal dealing with the Northern Way. Along with my husband, I am working on getting a publication business going. Our first book we hope to have ready to go any time now. My other more leisurely oriented interests are RPG's, movies, music, and computer games.

I'll be happy to discuss aspects of the Northern Way with anyone that is interested as well as Pagan matters in general.

Good health and good faring!

SahuaDjet
April 15th, 2001, 06:48 PM
Em Hotep (in peace),
Nice to meet you! Hope you like lemonade,eheheh, because the people here are really family-like. :)

Fun in the sun,
Sahu Djet

Earth Walker
April 15th, 2001, 10:51 PM
:D Merry Meet & Blessed Be! :sunny:

adrian
April 16th, 2001, 12:26 AM
WOW! I really must go back to school...Welcome, may we walk in light and gain wisdom.

reanna
April 16th, 2001, 01:14 AM
:)

Fawn
April 16th, 2001, 02:10 AM
Brightest Blessings to you and would you care for a shoe shine?

moonmagick4
April 16th, 2001, 07:41 AM
Merry Meet Svanni!!!!Pull up a chair and meet the family!!!!

Kaylara
April 16th, 2001, 12:44 PM
Merry Meet...
Please have a seat in one of our comfy couch chair thingies, enjoy the lemonade and banana bread, and our interesting conversations! I hope you like it here, and look forward to hearing your outlook on things. I am not very familiar with the Astaru tradition, and think that it would be great if you can explain it a bit. I have heard a few things about it, but not from anyone who actually is Astaru.

Blessed Be!
Kaylara

Svanni
April 16th, 2001, 01:05 PM
Thanks everyone for the welcomes. RnR was definitely correct in saying that I would be made to feel welcomed! Lemonade is always good and I LOVE Bananna bread! Sorry I don't have any shoes that would really benefit much from a shoe shine, LOL.

All right I have one question, how do you get those message icons in the body of your messages?? =o)

Mairwen
April 16th, 2001, 01:53 PM
Go to profile and look for "Avatar". A lot of us made our own.

It's great to have you here. Perhaps the Site God can make us a Norse Forum. MOL!

:D

Mariposa De La Luna
April 17th, 2001, 03:17 PM
Merry meet and welcome! :sunny: