PDA

View Full Version : MMORPG Help!

SilentDreams
May 2nd, 2007, 07:32 PM
Well right now my computer isn't the greatest and I'm teh brokes lol. So I need to find a decent MMORPG(preferably something with graphics, not just text based) that will run smoothly on my comp yet won't cost me anything either lol. I've used games like RuneScape and while it's nice, the graphics are a bit lacking even for me. And I've also used another game Kal Online(which ran okay, a bit slow but okay). So if anyone can find games like this that'd be fantastic! Thanks!

(OH and I don't care if it's fantasy, sci-fi etc... whatever!)

Greybird
May 3rd, 2007, 12:29 PM
How out of date is your computer? World of Warcraft is actually very old-PC friendly. If even that is too much, consider the original Everquest.

Stormbeard
May 3rd, 2007, 04:11 PM
Lotro!

Diashto
May 4th, 2007, 08:02 AM
How out of date is your computer? World of Warcraft is actually very old-PC friendly. If even that is too much, consider the original Everquest.

The origional everquest has undergone some great big graphics engine upgrades lately, so if you run it with all the pretties on its still pretty taxing on lower-end hardware.

Mu Online (http://www.globalmuonline.com/), or Silk Road (http://www.silkroadonline.com) might fit the bill for ya.

Renny
May 4th, 2007, 08:37 AM
World of warcraft is pretty easy on the computer.

Guild wars has no monthly payment, you just need to buy the game. I haven't played it alot though or tried the expansions.

Lord of the rings online... I'm playing that now and its pretty cool. Nice graphics, but you'd probably need to turn them down a bit

Humming Bird
May 7th, 2007, 01:29 AM

Last I checked, WoW was expensive.

SL, try Trickster, it's cute, I think you might like it, and I play it, but I'm not on much, but if you do, I could be your body guard :)

it's got great graphics, oh course it's not browser based either :)

your computer should have no prob if it's not to old, my old etower with a 700mhz CPU, (my brothers now,finally upgraded :) ) had trouble playing it because of a lack of onboard graphics (or barely any, I forget), but most modern PC's can handle it without a prob.

Findarto
May 7th, 2007, 03:25 AM
MapleStory; Free, Graphics, Free.

SilentDreams
May 7th, 2007, 04:57 PM
Sorry! Forgot to check back on this.

Here are the stats I get when I go to 'Properties' on 'My Computer'

Intel Celeron CPU
1200 MHz

1.20 GHz, 0.99 GB of RAM

I have no idea what it all means lol! But I think it will tell you smart types something or other lol. Lemme know how bad it is!

Findarto
May 7th, 2007, 07:18 PM
Not so bad, except for the processor.

Shadowulfe
May 7th, 2007, 10:50 PM
World of warcraft is pretty easy on the computer.

Guild wars has no monthly payment, you just need to buy the game. I haven't played it alot though or tried the expansions.

Lord of the rings online... I'm playing that now and its pretty cool. Nice graphics, but you'd probably need to turn them down a bit
World of Warcraft needs at least 1 Gig of RAM to run completely smooth.

Humming Bird
May 7th, 2007, 11:06 PM
Sorry! Forgot to check back on this.

Here are the stats I get when I go to 'Properties' on 'My Computer'

Intel Celeron CPU
1200 MHz

1.20 GHz, 0.99 GB of RAM

I have no idea what it all means lol! But I think it will tell you smart types something or other lol. Lemme know how bad it is!

alright but what graphics does it have? and .99GB of Ram, thats an odd number, is that total or available?

Edit: I think thats whats avaible because min says 469MB and I have 512(1/2 gig) thats what runs my sytem down, I have it tweeked to compete with most 1 Gigers though.

the CPU is a celeron meh, mines a Sempron, (like AMD)

anyway, couldn't hurt to try and see if some of the games will run.

and, to whoever said WoW needs 1gig of RAm to run, are you sure because most things say that and I can get away with half as much :)

Findarto
May 7th, 2007, 11:19 PM
He/She meant, World of Warcraft needs 1gig at least to run well. You can't get good FPS on WOW with only 512, how much VDRAM do you have?

SilentDreams
May 7th, 2007, 11:59 PM
Oh my video card is a NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200

Shadowulfe
May 8th, 2007, 12:38 AM
and, to whoever said WoW needs 1gig of RAm to run, are you sure because most things say that and I can get away with half as much :)
lets just say i played WoW for 18 months. the majority of the time i was running 512MB RAM. though it is tolerable with 512MB, you will die quite a bit due to lag & get disconnected frequently in the main cities or areas with lots of PvP action. Battlegrounds is next to impossible with only 512MB RAM. to fully enjoy the game, go with 1 Gigabyte RAM or more.

WolfyJames
May 10th, 2007, 09:49 PM
I'd say Guild Wars, great graphic, great game, no montly fee and the game plays well on any computer.

Katya
June 24th, 2007, 09:50 AM
Lotro!

LOTRO is the best damn game in the world. only 15 bucks a month, you can have 5 chars on every server if you wish, all for 15 bucks.

- Celebrieth, 50 Hunter on Vilya server ;)