PDA

View Full Version : nintendo DS questions

halfwaynowhere
May 12th, 2007, 11:31 PM
i have been wanting a DS since before it was released, but have never had the extra money to spend on one. My brother traded in his Xbox and got a DS. He only bought it because he wanted to play pokemon, lol. Last night he was doing a voice chat with one of his friends. I didn't realize you could do that with it. My best friend is in italy in the navy right now, and it must be costing her a fortune when she calls me from her cell phone. We chat online, but don't do voice chat. She has a DS, and I've requested one for my birthday, I think this year I might actually get one. What games have the voice chat feature? I have wireless internet at home, and I'm pretty sure she has it on the ship, I know she has it on the base. My brother uses voice chat on pokemon, but he says there is hokey music in the background. I would think that there are other games with voice chat, maybe without hokey music? anyways, i was just curious, its an idea...

spiritbear99
May 13th, 2007, 12:27 AM
You will know what game has what by looking on the back of the game box. If it says anything like "chat capable" or "wireless chat" or something, you will be able to do it. I haven't done this myself, so I don't know if you use the built in microphone or if you need to by that new headset they came out with. Ask your friend what s/he uses.

This would be great if you really want a DS. If not, the cheaper option would be using an instant messaging program like AIM and just getting a USB microphone or webcam. AIM has chat capabilities, and MSN might.

Good luck :] Lemme know if you have anymore questions about the DS!

-- Gally