PDA

View Full Version : Scandinavia path?

CloeOtter
May 18th, 2007, 09:09 PM
I am not sure how or where to ask this... my mother has shared with me that we have alot of Scandinavian blood in the family at least on her side. Over all I know I have alot of Northern Eropian blood in my family on both my mom and dad's sides. I am very drawn to Celtic Triple realm cosology, but I do not think Scandinavia is Celtic is it? IF not what path or mythos & spiritual culture would be connected to Scandinavian anciant people?

Oh and is Fraya one of their goddesses?

I have had some odd things coming up resently...I feel the Faeries are trying to guide me, but I am not getting the message very well for some reason. I know this sounds all over the place, but I am cencear just really confussed right now. Thanks

(sorry my energies are all over & its affecting my spelling worst than usual)

PeatBog
May 18th, 2007, 09:16 PM
You might check out Paths:Recon for threads on the Scandinavian or asatru path. I'm not sure why they don't have their own category. It's not Celtic.

CloeOtter
May 18th, 2007, 11:26 PM
thanks i'll look

Nitefalle
May 22nd, 2007, 12:15 PM
Yes, you can check out Asatru, Heathenism or Germanic Paganism for resources on the pre-Christian spiritual practices / beliefs of Scandinavian people. No, they are not Celtic - however, they did have a few things in common with them and there are places where the two peoples (Germanic and Celtic) mingled and merged. So, to blend the practices would not be that outrageous, if that is what speaks to you.

And yes, Freyja was a Germanic / Scandinavian goddess.

CloeOtter
May 22nd, 2007, 04:22 PM
Thank you for answering my questions, Nitefalle

Renny
May 22nd, 2007, 05:48 PM
I am not sure how or where to ask this... my mother has shared with me that we have alot of Scandinavian blood in the family at least on her side. Over all I know I have alot of Northern Eropian blood in my family on both my mom and dad's sides. I am very drawn to Celtic Triple realm cosology, but I do not think Scandinavia is Celtic is it? IF not what path or mythos & spiritual culture would be connected to Scandinavian anciant people?

Oh and is Fraya one of their goddesses?

I have had some odd things coming up resently...I feel the Faeries are trying to guide me, but I am not getting the message very well for some reason. I know this sounds all over the place, but I am cencear just really confussed right now. Thanks

(sorry my energies are all over & its affecting my spelling worst than usual)

Scandinavia refers to countries like norway, sweden, denmark, I'm not sure if iceland is included in that or not. Look into Norse mythology and you'll learn all about the gods and the lore of scandinavia. If you're the reconstructionist type, look into Asatru.

There's somewhat of a connection between northern europe and the celts, because the vikings settled in those lands and so it's possible you may have some celtic ancestry too.

The norse myths have sort of an equivalent to faries, they are called the land wights. It's a similar concept, the wights are nature spirits which inhabit things like rocks, trees, streams, etc. They are honored in blots (which is like a ritual feast/sacrifice to gods, wights, and ancestors) and they should be respected, because it's said that they can sometimes play tricks on you.

If you're confused, study the norse gods and lore, and try to reach out to them and ask them for guidance. You can also try to communicate with the land wights. But in my experience, doing this has been kind of difficult and they are very hard to understand. They probably wont want to help you unless you pay attention to them regularly with offerings.

And you're right about the goddess, her name is Freyja

Hope this helps!

Haerfest Leah
May 29th, 2007, 07:29 PM
If you want, PM me and I'll help you and answer any questions you have.

fay
June 3rd, 2007, 01:18 PM
Take a look at Norse mythology/beliefs.

I was going to write some more but realised that I would just be regurgitating what Renny wrote.

I am very interested in Norse paths, particularly the mythology. Feel free to PM me if you want to chat about it :).

Annest
June 3rd, 2007, 01:30 PM
Scandinavia refers to countries like norway, sweden, denmark, I'm not sure if iceland is included in that or not.
Norway, Sweden and Denmark is considered to be Scandinavia in a strict sense. If you mean linguisticly then includes Iceland and the Faroe Islands.

Anne

CloeOtter
September 9th, 2007, 01:04 AM
I just wanted to put out another thank you to all who took the time to reply, share info, and offered to help. I have been slowly looking into munch of what you all menchened here. My baby boy has been taking alot of my time. Plus we found out we are pregnant again and I am sleeping any chance I can do to the 1st trimester influences on me.

So one last big thank you!!!

Rick
September 9th, 2007, 11:32 PM
Let us know if we can help fill in any blanks, & keep us posted on the new arrival, 'K?

CloeOtter
September 11th, 2007, 12:16 AM
I will be happy to share news on my incubating one, my 1st born Raven just turned 10 months today...my time goes by with little ones. :smile:

I have to admit I am feeling conflicted a bit looking in to this area and deities. I have been working with Lady Bast who has been my guardian during my last pregnancy and has been around along time before that. When I started connecting with Faery energy this other that I have asked about here came up. Over all of this I have been very drawn to check out Goth cultures and darker practices connect to the Dark time of the year as well as shadow work. I know their all tide together some how, but it seem like a very twisty path. I feel allot better now that I am going along with the intuitions, pulls, and dream clues...basicly going with the flow...but I have no idea where this is all going. Nor how it is going to mesh together.

Rick
September 11th, 2007, 01:49 AM
I will be happy to share news on my incubating one, my 1st born Raven just turned 10 months today...my time goes by with little ones. :smile:
10 months, & you're expecting again?!?

Girl, you need to switch to bottled water... :rotfl:

CloeOtter
September 11th, 2007, 09:07 PM
yea....its earlier than we were planing, but sometimes the goddess moves when she moves and has other plans for us than we were leaning tword. I feel that my hubby's indecisiveness cot up with us...long story. Oh well, if all goes well this will be my last pregnancy. then hubby or I am getting fixed cause I am having two kids and thats all.