PDA

View Full Version : Come share your Non-theistic perspecives!!

Shanti
May 26th, 2007, 10:56 PM
I know there is a lot to learn about all different non-theistic paths and views.
Please come share your perspectives on your personal path.

If it wasn't so late, I would share mine, but between the excitement and need to finish up some house work before bed, I am just brain burping here.
But tomorrow I want to share and share and read and read, so I'll add my perspectives in tomorrow, when my brain is working again!!:boing::boing::boing:

Rudas Starblaze
May 27th, 2007, 10:49 AM
my views, well, im not an athiest. i do believe there are plenty of gods and godesses out there. i believe there is an all powerful deity that created everything. but i simply dont follow any particular religion/path. i dont even consider myself a satanist but most of my personal beliefs coinside with the satanic view so its really the closest thing.... other than Rudasism.:)

oh, and my seduction line to sway people to Rudasism is.....

"would you like to be Rudified?":smoke:

~NightFire~
May 27th, 2007, 11:23 AM
I'm an Atheist-I don't believe in any gods/goddesses, & I don't have a religion. I would say that I make my own path to follow. :)

But, I am a very spiritual person (& a Witch), & I do believe in things like;

Possible life on other planets, multiple universes & dimensions, that human beings have (often latent) 'abilities', Magic, the paranormal, & the supernatural...

So...I'm not a 'typical' Atheist! :lol:

halfwaynowhere
May 27th, 2007, 06:14 PM
I'm a humanist and a naturalist. And a witch. I don't believe in deity, other than as symbols. I believe that we create deity to explain and to represent factors of life, and i acknowledge them as such. These are the best terms I have found to define my beliefs and feelings.

Infinite Grey
May 28th, 2007, 12:19 AM
I'm an agnostic atheist... I'm an agnostic because I can not say with any real authority that there is no higher power, and I'm an atheist because I suspect that there isn't one. I do not buy into the whole "paths" thing, the world is influenced by far too many "random" eventualities for the possibility of a set path to be plausible. Paths, Religion and such are the equivalent to Dumbo's Feather... a psychological placebo to cure the seemingly unsurmountable.

Just my opinion.

Philosophia
May 28th, 2007, 12:27 AM
I don't know yet. I don't think I'm an atheist but I'm definitely a humanist.

DoktorSick
June 3rd, 2007, 03:25 AM
I'm atheist,Skeptic,humanist , and subgenius with some buddhism mixed in and well as the teachings of Bruce Lee.And throw in big dose of humor to make it all make sense of it all.
I Refuse to allow my imagine be limited by someone else idea of the so called "unknown".

Jolixte
June 3rd, 2007, 10:37 AM
I'm pretty much an atheist in the sense that I don't believe in any god(s) upstairs drinking beer and pulling strings. I'm open to the idea of universal driving force, but I wouldn't see that as a god regardless of its existance or not. I've never seen magic work, nor have I ever run into ghosts or spirits, though I'd be more open to believing in them than I would be of a god. I study religions, but I've never been religious.

Sage Rainsong
June 17th, 2007, 01:34 PM
Hmm I'm not sure that i should post here or not because I don't really follow a non-theistic path IMO but I will post anyway. I am actually fairly polytheistic but I tend to see the Gods as large spirits rather than Gods in the traditional sense of the word. I have been mistaken for an Atheist because I do not believe in an omnipotent, omnitient, omnipresent creator deity. Also my belief in deities comes from my own experiences rather than from any sort of doctrine. I experienced them, many times, so they exist to me. I don't expect anyone else to believe it, or to believe me, why should they? I just want my right to believe in it. Also I have been called a theistic Agnostic because I acknowledge the fact that I could be wrong. I don't think that I am but I could be wrong. There you have it, hope it wasn't too out of place.

Sage Rainsong
June 17th, 2007, 02:44 PM
If it wasn't so late, I would share mine, but between the excitement and need to finish up some house work before bed, I am just brain burping here.

I look forward to reading about your perspective.

Shanti
June 23rd, 2007, 05:18 PM
I almost forgot I didn't share my perspective.
Well I am little this and that! :)
I am very spiritual. I am first most an Animist and Animatist.
I believe in spirit as a conscious energy existence that can manifest in the physical or play in the non-physical. It can reside anywhere or everywhere.
I also believe in non conscious energy everywhere that exist same as spirit, but without the awareness.

Toss in Taoism and that's me.

What I don't believe in is any higher power, any ruling or creative anything, or divine anything. I don't believe in any mother or farther figure ruling anything or helping anything or ignoring anything. :)
There is no one in all or any thing guiding an all purposeful outcome.
Everything just is on its own.
All thats is and has been and will be that is infinity is change, in all realms, all times and in no time.

Everything is, its that simple. :)