PDA

View Full Version : this forum's a bit dead

purple dragon
May 30th, 2007, 06:36 AM
anyone got any ideas on how to resseurect it???

Eternal Night
May 30th, 2007, 06:39 AM
Clone me and u?! :lol:

purple dragon
May 30th, 2007, 06:55 AM
could always do that.
we need to come up with somesort of story to carry on the VtM threads

Glowy
June 1st, 2007, 06:40 PM
I just found it. I have been here for a month and i have only looked at about 30 threads. Could be cool. I'd play

purple dragon
June 2nd, 2007, 06:59 AM
cool!! feel free t post a character bio or start an RPG of your own. If ya need any help just ask anyone!!

kotu
June 2nd, 2007, 10:39 AM
cool!! feel free t post a character bio or start an RPG of your own. If ya need any help just ask anyone!!
I'm sure there is a really good idea for a mind-bending forum RPG where players have to somehow completely redefine their characters roughly every 24 hours, to fit in with curious plot-twists. I am yet to think of it though.

purple dragon
June 2nd, 2007, 11:18 AM
in RPGs I'm constantly changin my character seeing as where i'm involved curious plot twists are great in number

SilverClaw
June 2nd, 2007, 02:11 PM
Ya I noticed it was dead in here to, and I have also noticed that alot of threads that should be in this forum are still in Just silly .....

Anyways not sure how to ressurect the forum if I come up with anything I will be back :wave:

purple dragon
June 2nd, 2007, 02:52 PM
ok! feel free to move those threads here, might instigate a bit of curiosity in here

SilverClaw
June 2nd, 2007, 04:34 PM
Ya the admins need to do that though, and ya that is what I thought to lol :D

Glowy
June 2nd, 2007, 05:04 PM
Well dearies, I am hanging in the pub for now. Come find me when you are ready. :wave:

purple dragon
June 2nd, 2007, 05:47 PM
we're always ready for new players!!

Eternal Night
June 2nd, 2007, 05:53 PM
Well dearies, I am hanging in the pub for now. Come find me when you are ready. :wave:

Well we're looking for new characters in the club..........Bar staff or even just locals, bring wotever background u like and wotever character u want (As long as it isn't a kill happy huntress who uses a ring blade to slice and dice! cos thats me!! :lol: )

purple dragon
June 2nd, 2007, 06:00 PM
the more the merrier...

tech-no-logic
June 30th, 2007, 10:34 PM
I stumbled across this forum....is it still alive?...I have a bit of GM experience, and have a new RPG in mind if anyone would be interested

SilverClaw
July 1st, 2007, 12:39 AM
Hi tech-no-logic what type do you have in mind ? :wave:

tech-no-logic
July 1st, 2007, 08:29 AM
hmm...how to completely explain it..it will be mostly a free form RPG with myself as the GM directing the flow of the story. the basic gist of the setting is: it is a world of loosely controlled chaos. the existing government of the world is trying (rather unsuccessfully) to bring order out of this chaos. the real powers in the world are (well for lack of a better term at the moment) the bandit clans. the world is inhabited by humans, with the very rare occurrences of other races visiting from other worlds. there is no magic in the world (explained in the actual setting backstory) but there are a few born with abilities greater than your average human. these people tend to be hunted because the only way to get these abilities is to be born with them or kill the current owner of these abilities. I think that covers the basics of the setting. the players would all be characters with said abilities, and the adventure would more than likely be a treasure hunt of some sort or another. if people are interested, I can get the backstory for the setting typed up, and post it.

purple dragon
July 8th, 2007, 12:32 PM
I'm interested....

SilverClaw
July 8th, 2007, 04:41 PM
tech-no-logic that sounds cool :) I will see about joining once I move ..... and get settled.

tech-no-logic
July 9th, 2007, 08:22 PM
ok...well, I guess I will get to work on getting things ready to go then. I should have things ready to go in a few days to a week or so...

purple dragon
July 10th, 2007, 02:56 AM
:woot:

SilverClaw
July 10th, 2007, 06:10 PM
ok well if you do have it ready before I move I will pop in when I can ok? :D

Anemone
July 12th, 2007, 07:13 AM
hmm...how to completely explain it..it will be mostly a free form RPG with myself as the GM directing the flow of the story. the basic gist of the setting is: it is a world of loosely controlled chaos. the existing government of the world is trying (rather unsuccessfully) to bring order out of this chaos. the real powers in the world are (well for lack of a better term at the moment) the bandit clans. the world is inhabited by humans, with the very rare occurrences of other races visiting from other worlds. there is no magic in the world (explained in the actual setting backstory) but there are a few born with abilities greater than your average human. these people tend to be hunted because the only way to get these abilities is to be born with them or kill the current owner of these abilities. I think that covers the basics of the setting. the players would all be characters with said abilities, and the adventure would more than likely be a treasure hunt of some sort or another. if people are interested, I can get the backstory for the setting typed up, and post it.
Sounds like fun. If you need help running it; let me know.

Anemone
July 12th, 2007, 09:48 AM
Just a thought. But would posting it over on Poetry and Lit get more interest in it?

Just looks to me like it gets lost whenever someone posts in a computer/technology thread.

tech-no-logic
July 15th, 2007, 08:47 PM
ok....here's the background. this is how it will be when it is posted in the thread. still working on characters, and some of the other finer details, but this should give everyone a better idea of the setting. moving it to poetry and liturature is an idea...

tech-no-logic
July 15th, 2007, 08:47 PM
One child to every generation is born… or so the prophecy tells; a child with a special ability. But why only one you may wonder? Well, eons ago the gods thought man should be powerful; so they were given “the gifts”. Some could breathe under water… some could move things with their minds; some could vanish in an instant. Then man got greedy. Wars started. The gods were all but ignored; which displeased them greatly. Yes, these gods were vain, the worst sort… and vengeful as well. so they decided that the number of men alive was too great. in a flash and an instant they reduced their numbers. When one man dies a child is born; in order for a child to be born a man must die; and so the cycle goes. The population is always a set number unknown to all but the gods themselves. Among these people; or so the prophecy tells; only one man, woman or child may possess a “gift”. Only one of many shall be able to breathe water; only one of many shall be able to vanish in an instant. the gifts may be gotten though. for it is told that whosoever kills one with a gift gains that gift. If one who has a gift should die by accident or his own hand that gift goes to the next child born.. and so the cycle goes….
The king is dead. There is no “long live the king”, since the monarchy has fallen. Parliament rules all, and they like it that way. Things were peaceful when the king was alive, all those many years ago, but there was no queen; no one person the people could decide on to rule them, which may have been their biggest mistake.
When the parliament took over, they seized all the lands; the properties of the rich and the not so rich. The only ones who profited were the members of the parliament and their cronies. The rich became poor, the poor became destitute, and the destitute became bandits. In a land ruled by the corrupt, who better to oppose them than the bandits? Thieves, rouges, pirates, they all have their place here; a land where they make their own rules; where they fight a common enemy, as well as each other…..
For years there have been tales of hidden treasures. Treasures secreted away during the lost times of long ago on distant islands. These tales still exist because the treasures are still waiting to be found.

PantherBaebe
July 16th, 2007, 12:00 PM
Well you know I'm in for sure! This sounds great! *goes off to ponder her character*

One child to every generation is born… or so the prophecy tells; a child with a special ability. But why only one you may wonder? Well, eons ago the gods thought man should be powerful; so they were given “the gifts”. Some could breathe under water… some could move things with their minds; some could vanish in an instant. Then man got greedy. Wars started. The gods were all but ignored; which displeased them greatly. Yes, these gods were vain, the worst sort… and vengeful as well. so they decided that the number of men alive was too great. in a flash and an instant they reduced their numbers. When one man dies a child is born; in order for a child to be born a man must die; and so the cycle goes. The population is always a set number unknown to all but the gods themselves. Among these people; or so the prophecy tells; only one man, woman or child may possess a “gift”. Only one of many shall be able to breathe water; only one of many shall be able to vanish in an instant. the gifts may be gotten though. for it is told that whosoever kills one with a gift gains that gift. If one who has a gift should die by accident or his own hand that gift goes to the next child born.. and so the cycle goes….
The king is dead. There is no “long live the king”, since the monarchy has fallen. Parliament rules all, and they like it that way. Things were peaceful when the king was alive, all those many years ago, but there was no queen; no one person the people could decide on to rule them, which may have been their biggest mistake.
When the parliament took over, they seized all the lands; the properties of the rich and the not so rich. The only ones who profited were the members of the parliament and their cronies. The rich became poor, the poor became destitute, and the destitute became bandits. In a land ruled by the corrupt, who better to oppose them than the bandits? Thieves, rouges, pirates, they all have their place here; a land where they make their own rules; where they fight a common enemy, as well as each other…..
For years there have been tales of hidden treasures. Treasures secreted away during the lost times of long ago on distant islands. These tales still exist because the treasures are still waiting to be found.

purple dragon
July 16th, 2007, 12:10 PM
sounds good to me!!!

If I were you i'd post the stuff in a separate thread now, so that you don't have to do it all over again, and follow the layout of the other RPGs by having a background info thread, character profile thread and game thread

tech-no-logic
July 16th, 2007, 08:11 PM
sounds good to me!!!

If I were you i'd post the stuff in a separate thread now, so that you don't have to do it all over again, and follow the layout of the other RPGs by having a background info thread, character profile thread and game thread

that was the plan...for the most part. I just wanted to see what interest there was in it....didn't want to put everything up if nobody was interested. things will start going up in a few days....when the details are finished.

I was also thinking of posting something in just talk to give it a little publicity, and maybe get some people who don't know about the RPG forum

tech-no-logic
July 16th, 2007, 08:12 PM
Sounds like fun. If you need help running it; let me know.

you have a PM

tech-no-logic
July 16th, 2007, 08:13 PM
Well you know I'm in for sure! This sounds great! *goes off to ponder her character*

glad to have your interest....things should get going in a few days....when the details are worked out

Anemone
July 17th, 2007, 01:50 PM
you have a PM
:hahugh:
thanks!

purple dragon
July 18th, 2007, 02:39 PM
if you need a hand with anything, let me know...