PDA

View Full Version : Existence of God

SSanf
June 7th, 2007, 08:28 AM
Arguments for and against the existence of God have been proposed by philosophers, theologians, and others. In philosophical terminology, existence of God arguments concern schools of thought on the epistemology of the ontology of God. The debate concerning the existence of God raises many philosophical issues. A basic problem is that there is no universally accepted definition of God. Some definitions of God's existence are so non-specific that it is certain that something exists that meets the definition; in stark contrast, there are suggestions that other definitions are self-contradictory. Arguments for the existence of God typically include metaphysical, empirical, inductive, and subjective types. Arguments against the existence of God typically include empirical, deductive, and inductive types. Viewpoints represented include atheism, either no belief in God or the view that God does not exist; theism, the view that God exists; and agnosticism, the view that whether or not God exists is unknown or unknowable. Although once regarded as a non-issue in much of western academia, the question of the existence of God is now subject to lively debate both in philosophy and in popular culture...................more

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Existence_of_God.

Shanti
June 9th, 2007, 06:15 PM
Heck I don't argue for or against anything relating to god ideals. For me, it doesn't matter as I am quite content with my truths.

flesh canvas
June 15th, 2007, 01:31 AM
God does not exist.
Pass it on.
:cheers:

Rudas Starblaze
June 15th, 2007, 01:35 AM
Heck I don't argue for or against anything relating to god ideals. For me, it doesn't matter as I am quite content with my truths.

very well said Shanti! :cheers:

ill stand up for the christian God just as much as i will stand up for all other deities. rather i follow them or not is a different story.

they all stay outta my way, i stay outta theirs. end of story!

Shanti
June 15th, 2007, 01:49 AM
very well said Shanti! :cheers:

ill stand up for the christian God just as much as i will stand up for all other deities. rather i follow them or not is a different story.

they all stay outta my way, i stay outta theirs. end of story!
Excellent!!!
I so agree with this sentiment. :fpraise:

SSanf
June 15th, 2007, 04:39 AM
I kind of find it interesting to speculate about. But, it depends on who I am talking with.

You can have pie in the sky philosophical discussions with some people and you just can't with others.

I say if everyone is enjoying the discussion go for it. But, if someone is uncomfortable, there are plenty of other things to talk about.