PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Dianic & Goddess Witchcraft

Flaire-FireStar
June 17th, 2007, 02:50 PM
:hahugh: Enjoy!

I'm slowly moving the threads RainInanna posted links to. If you see any more, just let me know. :)

Philosophia
June 17th, 2007, 07:41 PM
:boing: Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! :hugz:

David19
June 17th, 2007, 07:49 PM
Congrats on the new forum to all the Dianics here :cheers:.

EvieLee
June 17th, 2007, 10:10 PM
I need the "Woot!" smilie!

:woot:

There we go. :hahugh:

RainInanna
June 17th, 2007, 10:21 PM
Brilliant :)

Snapdragon
June 18th, 2007, 09:18 AM
It has been posted in this forum that 'Dianic' for some means a place that is woman-only. Would it be possible to have one thread for that purpose--ideally, a "locked" thread only accessible to women, so they can feel secure that their conversation is private? I realize there are PMs and the like available, but still, there's something to be said for this.

What does anyone think about this?

Philosophia
June 18th, 2007, 09:23 AM
It has been posted in this forum that 'Dianic' for some means a place that is woman-only. Would it be possible to have one thread for that purpose--ideally, a "locked" thread only accessible to women, so they can feel secure that their conversation is private? I realize there are PMs and the like available, but still, there's something to be said for this.

What does anyone think about this?

I disagree with it. I don't think the function of this forum or any thread within it, should be limited to women only. Its for education, sharing ideas, and hopefully dispelling some of the stereotypes that exist against the Dianic and Goddess worshiping traditions. There are many places on the internet that do have "women only" Dianic groups. If a person would like to go to one, go to yahoogroups.com and there are many there.

EvieLee
June 18th, 2007, 09:33 AM
I disagree with it. I don't think the function of this forum or any thread within it, should be limited to women only. Its for education, sharing ideas, and hopefully dispelling some of the stereotypes that exist against the Dianic and Goddess worshiping traditions. There are many places on the internet that do have "women only" Dianic groups. If a person would like to go to one, go to yahoogroups.com and there are many there.

Right on. Although both women-only spaces (in RL or the net) are wonderful imo, mixed gender spaces are very useful too.

RainInanna
June 18th, 2007, 10:21 AM
I'm not sure whether such a thing would be possible on MW, and not sure whether an admin would be willing to administrate it (likely they would need to individually set a permission for a user, and each user would have to request it).

However, I've just joined an online woman-only Dianic group the other day and have been a member of another run by Shekinah Mountainwater for some time, over at Yahoo

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ADianicCoven/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Moonspells/

Moonspells is a lovely, supportive, and active group. A Dianic Coven is the one I've just joined so I have no comments yet, though it seems it will be similar.

Flaire-FireStar
June 18th, 2007, 08:01 PM
RainInanna said it. IMO, it would be more hassle to set the permissions. (Doing more than a couple of guides in one day is often confusing. :lol: )

EvieLee
June 18th, 2007, 10:48 PM
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ADianicCoven/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Moonspells/

Moonspells is a lovely, supportive, and active group. A Dianic Coven is the one I've just joined so I have no comments yet, though it seems it will be similar.

Am off to check out Moonspells now. Thanks RainInanna.

Snapdragon
June 21st, 2007, 08:42 PM
It occurs to me that, rather than just charging ahead, it might have been better if I'd asked others what they think about the idea of a place here to express devotion to the sacred feminine...with prayers, invocations, poetry, images--whatever.

Instead, I went ahead without saying anything, not intending to create a thread for discussion...but, as I said, just as a place to express devotion. My bad!

We could remove the thread, change it, or it could just be a place to discuss, as with other threads...what does anyone else think? I'm sorry to have been so jumbled and impulsive about this.

Philosophia
June 21st, 2007, 08:49 PM
It occurs to me that, rather than just charging ahead, it might have been better if I'd asked others what they think about the idea of a place here to express devotion to the sacred feminine...with prayers, invocations, poetry, images--whatever.

Instead, I went ahead without saying anything, not intending to create a thread for discussion...but, as I said, just as a place to express devotion. My bad!

We could remove the thread, change it, or it could just be a place to discuss, as with other threads...what does anyone else think? I'm sorry to have been so jumbled and impulsive about this.

No need to apologize! :hugz: Its a wonderful idea and I thank you for creating it. Its a beautiful thread and a wonderful addition to this forum. _pounce_

alwaysfallingup
July 5th, 2007, 05:12 PM
I just stumbled onto this thread...usually, I don't do much reading in the Paths section, but I'm so glad to see this new area! Yay! *does a happy dance*

:hehehehe:

akewa
July 9th, 2007, 09:07 PM
It's good to see a section dedicated to Goddess only orientation. I started out as Dianic and still am to some extent as I do not work with male dieties. I play more on the witchcraft side than the religon side of things these days. BUT I still ask Her for help when I need it and I still get answers. :)

lil'BuddhistWitch
July 14th, 2007, 08:37 PM
i have a question, as i myself am not really a newbie, but i'm coming back to my feminine roots.

i work a lot with tarot cards and i already own two sets... the Animals Divine and the Tarot of the Secret Forest which works with Faeries. I was wondering if anyone could offer some advice as to a Goddess Tarot? I know there are many out there and some are better suited than others.

thanks....

oh, would anyone also happen to know of some online articles or texts for a beginner such as myself. I'm unable to get to a library or a bookstore.... i honestly don't think there are any small shops in my area that might carry such books of interest.

thanks,
JoAni

Strawberry Bounce
July 18th, 2007, 01:59 PM
I like the "Universal Goddess" tarot because every card pictures a Goddess.