PDA

View Full Version : A new Moderator.

mysticwicks
February 9th, 2001, 11:40 PM
-- Posted by mol on 7:00 pm on Dec. 31, 1969

We have a new moderator coming to Host this forum who is well studied in the Egyptian traditions and Ritualistic Magick. Rather than me spoil the introduction I will just wait until the arrival of the new Moderator.

mysticwicks
February 9th, 2001, 11:41 PM

I am serious. A new moderator is coming. :)

mysticwicks
- Posted by Lyra on 7:00 pm on Dec. 31, 1969

Hail and well met...I am Lyra...also Known as Maattruth...I am just starting out my moderatorship(?) by introducing you to me...I have been in the craft over 25 years and my first training was in Egyptian majick and ritual..I welcome any questions,ideas for rituals, and historical insights you could give...I will try to set the discussions on topics I feel can expand your knowledge about one of the earliest majical systems in the world...Their Gods are the old Gods and their lives and society was almost totally based on their religious beliefs...My journey into understanding of this pantheorn and culture started in other lifetimes but also as a child in this lifetime.....Please feel free to question, discuss, and yes, even disagree according to forum rules of course...opposing points of view are welcome...I am not easily intimidated!!
My last part here I want you to also introduce you to my patron diety of the pantheon..Sekhmet...the lioness..goddess of war, armies, women and children...Protectoress of the men who fight the battles as well as of the women and children they leave behind,....One of the only dieties to spring forth from the head of Ra already formed....She is also the avenging Goddess who protects women and children from abusive masters....
So that is it for now..i will be answering questions as they come along...BB

mysticwicks

A great introduction and Welcome, Lyra, to the community!

mysticwicks
- Posted by Rosabelle on 7:00 pm on Dec. 31, 1969

Welcome Lyra,
i love your name!!! i really want to learn more about the Egyptian culture because i know about the history, but at school we aren;t really told much about the religion.
Rosabelle

mysticwicks
February 9th, 2001, 11:42 PM
-- Posted by Lyra on 7:00 pm on Dec. 31, 1969

Ahh Rosabell thanks for you idea for our first topic..Culture...Did you know that no other culture on earth has been so influenced by the religion it created...It is said that the religion came first, then the culture to mirror it...There are few reading resources on the culture of Egypt...But the early greeks and romans wrote about a society filled with religion and wonder..And they only saw the late period of its culture...just imagine at its zenith what it would have been like...it's armys the most powerful.its temples the largest man made structures in the known world...a good life was part of the story for all citizens...And everyone had the festival and holy days off...Sure they toiled as all men do...But they knew it was all worth it for the love of their gods..and his promise of eternal life after death.
This may sound a little off base but here goes...there is a computer game called Pharaoh..if you ever have a chance to get it please do...It shows you so much about the history and culture of the kingdom...Bit its opening sequence gives me goose bumps...And Pharaoh says to his son...The Pharoh and the gods are the heart of Egypt, the land is its body, and the people its blood...