PDA

View Full Version : A witch-hunting video game?!

Laisrean
June 25th, 2007, 11:42 PM
I seen this and I thought more than a few of you might be interested in it: Doki Doki Majo Shinpan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doki_Doki_Majo_Shinpan)

As you may infer from the title, the game is Japanese and that is unsurprising, because a lot of bizarre types of games seem to originate there, lol.

The player assumes the role of high school student Akuji. He has been asked by an angel, Lulu, to locate a witch or sorceress (depending on which news outlet is doing the translation) that has snuck into his school. In order to find the witch Akuji must search the suspects' bodies for a "witch mark". The preferred method is by using touch (using the stylus to guide his hands).

Yeah, it does seem a bit odd.. but it is apparently more highly anticipated by Japanese gamers than the next Zelda game for crying out loud.

Anyway, it is probably not my cup of tea but I thought I'd let you all know about this. :)

BenSt
June 26th, 2007, 01:57 AM
Thats sounds pretty cool...I wouldnt play it myself....but to each their own.

I think oen should make a point first though that Witches in japan are not seen the same as in North America and they truly are seen as sometiems malevolant. Its a translatiuon thing as the closest thing to what the Japanese perceives as a witch is the english word 'witch' in its modern meaning.

If you've ever seen the anime "WitchHunter Robin" its like that... I mean sure there are good witches however but they're never translated as "witches" they're always translated as something else to give that distinction.

Has anyone ever seen though the anime film by Miyazaki, Kiki's delivery Service? Now THATS classic anime for ya :D.

Amilee
June 26th, 2007, 03:26 AM
The hubby says that one`s kinda Hentai (for the perves) since you`re a guy who gets to touch up girls. Japan`s full of those.

It`s pretty ickky if you ask me. But really, the Japanese think that Witches are these super hot chicks! I mean look at my avatar! LOOK!

Most anime Witches are all hot and smexy. It`s a weird culture over here. I should know I work in Akihabara (central of the worldwide geekdom).

Fairy_Princess
June 26th, 2007, 04:02 AM
Give me some Bible Black any day!

Bettie
June 26th, 2007, 04:06 AM
Hmm, the old "I need to touch you all over to find your witch mark" line, huh? I've heard that before.... :D

Stormbeard
June 26th, 2007, 01:55 PM
Witch hunters are always incredibly awesome characters.

Drako3
June 26th, 2007, 03:40 PM
Give me some Bible Black any day!

And what pray tell is a bible black?? LOL

Sounds nice!!:fpraise:

Phoenix Blue
June 26th, 2007, 05:14 PM
Hmm, the old "I need to touch you all over to find your witch mark" line, huh? I've heard that before.... :D
Did it work? :p

Fairy_Princess
June 26th, 2007, 07:03 PM
And what pray tell is a bible black?? LOL

Sounds nice!!:fpraise:

just google it.... I can't post anything about it on these boards....

Phoenix Blue
June 26th, 2007, 07:30 PM
o_O;

Fairy_Princess
June 26th, 2007, 11:33 PM
It's hentai... it features Demonic and Witch "dick girls".... It shouldn't go on.

MoonDust
June 27th, 2007, 04:08 AM
o.
k.

yeah. strange.

Bettie
June 27th, 2007, 04:17 AM
Did it work? :p

How dare you! What kind of girl do you think I am??!! :eek:

Yeah, it worked..... :hahugh: