PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about having another baby!!!

mistymoon
July 6th, 2007, 04:39 PM
:boing:Me and my boyfriend have started talking about having a baby together.. (I have a daughter from a past relationship) It won't be until after my 21st b-day which is at the end of Dec... Because that will give us time to get a place (together) and for me to have a job and Dara will be a little over 18 months old..

Does anyone have any advice on getting ready to have another baby? My pregnancies before were never planned.. So i don't really know much about planning to have a baby... 8O

Athena-Nadine
July 6th, 2007, 04:43 PM
My advice to you is to see your OB at least 3 months before you plan to begin trying for a preconception exam and consultation. They can run most of the tests most women get at the beginning ahead of time, and will go over diet and things like that. They will also start you on a prenatal vitamin ahead of time.

KaidaMidnight
July 6th, 2007, 05:23 PM
Exactly what Athena said. :D (although none of mine were ever planned out, but it's great to get your body and your live prepaired. )

RubyRose
July 6th, 2007, 10:37 PM
Yep, what Athena said. I'm in the same boat as Kaida, and both my pregnancies, particularly the first were unplanned. The second, we kinda knew had to be a reality, but tests kept coming back negative. And by that stage I was around 7 weeks in.

RainInanna
July 6th, 2007, 10:47 PM
Even if you can't see a Dr start taking a prenatal vitamin well in advance of trying; folic acid in particular is crucial even before you know you're pregnant.

Morr
July 7th, 2007, 03:59 AM
Yup. Folic Acid is your friend. It's over the counter at any drug store.

And if you're not eating the healthiest you could be eating, try to change your diet to a more healthy diet. Just to get your body ready, to give it good energy and have it dispose of junk food (or too much of it, I should say). That will also get you into the habit of eating healthier when you are pregnant.

Also, I would say, look around the house and make sure you have room for the new baby, look in your budget and see if you can afford another baby.

Hubby and I were talking today about how soon we want a 2nd child, and there is no way we can do it before we move to a different, bigger, place and before I can start working (I am going through immigration procedures so I have yet to receive my legal work permit).

Planning is good. Makes the anticipation difficult, but the wait is worth it. You'll be grateful you've done it all.

RubyRose
July 7th, 2007, 04:03 AM
Yes, having a big enough house, can work in your favour. *says she who only has a three bedroom 1 bathroom place* No real drama's of course, until we go for #3. Which apparently is now a reality. Gotta love hubby's when they change their minds. Of course not for a while after #2. And no sex in April. Don't really need 3 children all born in January. Although it will make an interesting tale for them growing up.

mistymoon
July 7th, 2007, 12:25 PM
Thanks for the advice everyone!! I really appreciate it!

We are hoping to get a #3 bedroom apartment while we get a house built.. He is getting a job as an EMT/Fire Fighter with the dept he used to work for so he can get the apartment before me and Dara move up with him. (we live in Va and are moving to Pa) He is going to look around for jobs for me so that i can have something lined up (maybe) when i get up there.. All this *should* happen before my birthday and then once I've been working for a month or 2 we decided i would go off my birth control and hope we get pregnant! :boing: