PDA

View Full Version : Month Long sickness, keeps recurring every week!

MistOfTheSea86
May 11th, 2002, 07:02 AM
I dont know what it is and it is really starting to bother me, I haven't been at school for a whole week for a month. I have been missing a day to two days of school a week, and all from this reoccuring sickness. At firsts my parents thought it was mono, but then I seemed to get miracolously better, then the next week. Here it comes again! And it seems to be ten times worse when I am stressed*Go figure*

My symptoms are, coughing, nausea, itchy hair, twitching, drippy nose, sneezing, and thankfully no vomiting.

Ugh hopefully, it is just allergies.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Mnemosyne
May 11th, 2002, 12:02 PM
For some reason, I don't think that it is allergies. Currently, I have allergies, and I have a sneeze. Achoo! Also, I don't think that people get itchy hair when they have allergies. You said that it gets worse when you are stressed. Perhaps your illness is stress related. Are you under a lot of stress at the moment. I know that the school year is approaching the end, so maybe you are stressed with all the last minute work. Hopefully, you'll recover soon.

Flaire-FireStar
May 11th, 2002, 12:26 PM
I used to get something kinda like what you're getting, Mist... Turns out I was really stressed out about school, and the school setting (am an agrophobic (sp??))
I'm not sure what you could do about it though. :dis:

Mithrea
May 11th, 2002, 03:29 PM
I would like to third the stress idea. When you say "itchy hair" do you mean scalp or other places where you have hair? When I get stressed I get what seems like a cold with itchy flaky scalp and sometimes my hair falls out, nausea and sometimes vomiting. I shake too. I get it almost ever year in the spring especially around finals. It keeps coming and going and coming and going. The only thing that helps is to get on the other side of it. I do alot of meditation, baths, foot massages, drink wine, play soft music, play in the garden, and sometimes play with paint or clay. Everything I can do that relaxes me. I try to stay away from the television and newspapers and other people.

But really the only thing that works is to get my grade report. ;)

Do you have a sore throat or headaches?

MistOfTheSea86
May 11th, 2002, 06:59 PM
Both actually. Headaches and Sore throat. Strangely, I feel much better today hehe:)

Mithrea
May 12th, 2002, 08:52 PM
Could be a combo of allergies and stress. I am much more likely to suffer for allergies when I am stressed out.

Illuminatus
May 15th, 2002, 12:11 PM
I itch like a nutcase when I have food allergies. Like, 15 mins ago, I ate a macadamia nut in a cookie by accident, and my throat got all swolen and itchy and so did my ears and head and arms and I NEED TO SCRATCH THEM NOWWWWWWWWWW~!!!!!

So check your diet, maybe this school is feeding you some stuff you are not accustomed to. That would explain the nausea.

- Ill

Oridian
June 8th, 2002, 08:12 PM
sounds very much like allergies to me. which may very well be made worse by levels of stress in your life.

did this problem exist before going to school? If not is there something new that you are exposed to that my be causing this reaction. This could be anything from foods, detergents, pets, perfumes, etc.... We can have allergies to just about anything.

The symptoms you are describing sound allergic in nature. Is the runny nose mucus clear? and is the cough productive and if so is it clear or not. this would be one place to start to rule out bacterial infections.

hope you are feeling better by now.