PDA

View Full Version : Dark Water



Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

tech-no-logic
July 22nd, 2007, 07:43 PM
before posting in this thread please read this
http://www.mysticwicks.com/showthread.php?t=162476

and this:

http://www.mysticwicks.com/showthread.php?t=162489

if you have any questions, PM myself or anemone

tech-no-logic
July 22nd, 2007, 07:44 PM
One child to every generation is born… or so the prophecy tells; a child with a special ability. But why only one you may wonder? Well, eons ago the gods thought man should be powerful; so they were given “the gifts”. Some could breathe under water… some could move things with their minds; some could vanish in an instant. Then man got greedy. Wars started. The gods were all but ignored; which displeased them greatly. Yes, these gods were vain, the worst sort… and vengeful as well. so they decided that the number of men alive was too great. in a flash and an instant they reduced their numbers. When one man dies a child is born; in order for a child to be born a man must die; and so the cycle goes. The population is always a set number unknown to all but the gods themselves. Among these people; or so the prophecy tells; only one man, woman or child may possess a “gift”. Only one of many shall be able to breathe water; only one of many shall be able to vanish in an instant. the gifts may be gotten though. for it is told that whosoever kills one with a gift gains that gift. If one who has a gift should die by accident or his own hand that gift goes to the next child born.. and so the cycle goes….
The king is dead. There is no “long live the king”, since the monarchy has fallen. Parliament rules all, and they like it that way. Things were peaceful when the king was alive, all those many years ago, but there was no queen; no one person the people could decide on to rule them, which may have been their biggest mistake.
When the parliament took over, they seized all the lands; the properties of the rich and the not so rich. The only ones who profited were the members of the parliament and their cronies. The rich became poor, the poor became destitute, and the destitute became bandits. In a land ruled by the corrupt, who better to oppose them than the bandits? Thieves, rouges, pirates, they all have their place here; a land where they make their own rules; where they fight a common enemy, as well as each other…..
For years there have been tales of hidden treasures. Treasures secreted away during the lost times of long ago on distant islands. These tales still exist because the treasures are still waiting to be found.

tech-no-logic
July 22nd, 2007, 07:46 PM
Wind singers:
Everyone has seen the ships, this is after all a harbor city of Waterford; parliament’s largest port on this island. Their ships are far and few between however, since the government doesn’t have enough men to crew them here, most of them are on the mainland; tending to the problems there. The ships wait in the harbor, their sails down, and their crew in town drinking. Their captains are playing cards or planning their next outings, trying to look legit, at least while in port.
The dark skinned woman calls to another like herself in the language of another land. They seem happy enough on the surface, at least they are fed well. Most people ignore them though; it’s considered bad luck to speak to the wind singer. The wind singers are not from this land, though anyone would know that by looking at their clothing: bright colors that seem to clash and look like a festival, until you see the sadness in their almond eyes.
Wind singers are considered property, not slaves exactly, because they have only one purpose; to call the winds. Most were probably pretty once, but the wind and sun have darkened their skin until it looks almost like aged leather. They speak to no one but each other and their Captain, because to do otherwise would be taboo.
Trace wondered where the hell he was going to get a wind singer, would stealing one lay a curse on his head? The last thing he needed was more bad luck, but he doubted that he would find one for sale. He could do without one, if he wanted a slow ship. He had considered that option. It was a well known fact though, that parliament’s ships would all have wind singers, so if he wanted a fighting chance, he’d have to have one too. It’s a shame witches weren’t real; he thought to himself, or mermaids or sirens for that matter. Anything that could give him a bit of an edge, or a better wave. There had always been stories of the sea, monsters, serpents, giant squids. He had always laughed when he heard those stories; love affairs with ladies with fins; ships crewed by the damned, but the treasure, now that he believed in. he had seen pieces of gold before, even held some in his hand. Now that was a dream that was real.
Trace eyed the guard. He despised his former companions. How could they suck up to the Parliament? He swallowed the beer he had in his mouth and looked around the bar. He wondered where he could find a decent crew. Cutthroats, all of them; but is there such a thing as trustful cutthroats? He supposed there was if the pay was high enough. After all, who else could he turn to but pirates and bandits?
Trace fit right in with most of the crowd, his lean body slumped down in his chair. His long silver hair , which he kept neatly tied back at the nape of his neck was cleaner than most; but in this dim light no one would notice. His dark, almost black eyes peered into the shadows, eyeing the crowd… looking out for trouble and also possible crew. The guards didn’t pay him any mind; even though he knew a few of them by name. It was payday for them, and they were drowning their sorrows in a mug or two of the cheapest rotgut available.
Trace shifted a little in his seat to disguise his movements as he felt one of his many secret pockets to make sure his map was still safely tucked away. It was all that he had, though it was more than most had. If you asked, he wouldn’t tell you where he got it….clichéd as it may sound he’d have to kill you if you knew. Trace had no intention on being the main attraction at the gallows. Granted he should have been there long ago. An agile body, and a quick mind are the only things so far that have kept the noose from his neck, though many others were not so lucky.

PantherBaebe
July 22nd, 2007, 08:02 PM
Astrid looked in to her mug of beer, longing for an adventure. A few men from her crew sat with her in the bar, getting drunker and louder.
Not long till a fight starts now. She thought as she gulped down her beer in a most unlady-like fashion. Eyeing up the drinking guards she quietly chastised her crew. "Don't draw too much attention to ourselves now, boys, unless you want to end up behind bars or hanging from a noose." They acknowledged this comment by ordering more beer.

tech-no-logic
July 22nd, 2007, 08:22 PM
Astrid looked in to her mug of beer, longing for an adventure. A few men from her crew sat with her in the bar, getting drunker and louder.
Not long till a fight starts now. She thought as she gulped down her beer in a most unlady-like fashion. Eyeing up the drinking guards she quietly chastised her crew. "Don't draw too much attention to ourselves now, boys, unless you want to end up behind bars or hanging from a noose." They acknowledged this comment by ordering more beer.


the bartender rolls his eyes as he sets down a pitcher of beer. "that'll be two silver" he comments as he eyes Astrid..

PantherBaebe
July 22nd, 2007, 09:19 PM
Giving the bartender a generous smile, she hands him two silver and a couple copper. "Thanks, barkeep." She winks charmingly and her men roar with glee at their full beer mugs.


the bartender rolls his eyes as he sets down a pitcher of beer. "that'll be two silver" he comments as he eyes Astrid..

tech-no-logic
July 22nd, 2007, 09:32 PM
Giving the bartender a generous smile, she hands him two silver and a couple copper. "Thanks, barkeep." She winks charmingly and her men roar with glee at their full beer mugs.

the barkeep takes the coins, and gives Astrid a wink, as a fight breaks out in a corner of the bar. the guards look twoards the disturbance, and then look at the barkeep to see if he's going to intervene. in doing so, they get an eyeful of Astrid. one of them gets up, and moves as if he's going to head in her direction...

PantherBaebe
July 22nd, 2007, 09:35 PM
Astrid notices the guard getting up and rolls her eyes. She discreetly puts her left hand on the gun strapped under her skirt to her thigh. She motions with her head towards the guard, and the ones that notice look over at the guard.


the barkeep takes the coins, and gives Astrid a wink, as a fight breaks out in a corner of the bar. the guards look twoards the disturbance, and then look at the barkeep to see if he's going to intervene. in doing so, they get an eyeful of Astrid. one of them gets up, and moves as if he's going to head in her direction...

tech-no-logic
July 22nd, 2007, 10:57 PM
Astrid notices the guard getting up and rolls her eyes. She discreetly puts her left hand on the gun strapped under her skirt to her thigh. She motions with her head towards the guard, and the ones that notice look over at the guard.

the bartender grumbles as he waves off the guard, and heads over to take care of the fighting patrons.

Trace watches the spectacle with a somewhat aloof expression and from a safe vantage point at the bar, relieved that the guards attention is not on him. he turns his attention back to his mug, and heaves a sigh as he resumes his thoughts on obtaining a ship and crew.

PantherBaebe
July 22nd, 2007, 11:00 PM
Astrid twirls a lock of blonde hair around a finger as she thinks to herself My beauty is just dangerous. I don't know how anyone ever resists me...
She scans the bar with her green eyes and stops to watch a man with silver hair, which starts her fretting about if she's getting any. One of her crew falls out of his chair, and the other drunken men try to help him up...


the bartender grumbles as he waves off the guard, and heads over to take care of the fighting patrons.

Trace watches the spectacle with a somewhat aloof expression and from a safe vantage point at the bar, relieved that the guards attention is not on him. he turns his attention back to his mug, and heaves a sigh as he resumes his thoughts on obtaining a ship and crew.

tech-no-logic
July 22nd, 2007, 11:10 PM
Astrid twirls a lock of blonde hair around a finger as she thinks to herself My beauty is just dangerous. I don't know how anyone ever resists me...
She scans the bar with her green eyes and stops to watch a man with silver hair, which starts her fretting about if she's getting any. One of her crew falls out of his chair, and the other drunken men try to help him up...

a barmaid walks over. "are these men botherin you dearie?" she asks as she looks Astrid up and down "ya know..ya could always com'n work with me. ifn yer gonna sit with drunks, ya may as well get paid to do it"

PantherBaebe
July 22nd, 2007, 11:13 PM
Astrid rolls her eyes as another of her crewmen fall to the floor. "Oh they bother me everyday..."After gulping some beer down, Astrid smiles at the barmaid. "Flattered, really. But I'm the captain of my own ship, I don't need another job."


a barmaid walks over. "are these men botherin you dearie?" she asks as she looks Astrid up and down "ya know..ya could always com'n work with me. ifn yer gonna sit with drunks, ya may as well get paid to do it"

tech-no-logic
July 22nd, 2007, 11:19 PM
Astrid rolls her eyes as another of her crewmen fall to the floor. "Oh they bother me everyday..."After gulping some beer down, Astrid smiles at the barmaid. "Flattered, really. But I'm the captain of my own ship, I don't need another job."

the barmaid giggles "the capitan of your own ship...I'll have to try that one" she replies with a wink "they usually want me to be a sheep hearder" she finishes as she heads to another table "whick one of you fine young men wants to swab me deck?" she calls out

PantherBaebe
July 22nd, 2007, 11:25 PM
As she stands, Astrid puts her hat on with a dramatic flourish, the peacock feather bobbing around. "No need to believe me." She eyes her crew then says loudly. "Come men, let's finish getting drunk back on the ship!" Her already drunk men let out some cheers and huzzahs and attempt to get up and follow her towards the door. One of them staggers after the barmaid, slurring about swabbing her deck.


the barmaid giggles "the capitan of your own ship...I'll have to try that one" she replies with a wink "they usually want me to be a sheep hearder" she finishes as she heads to another table "whick one of you fine young men wants to swab me deck?" she calls out

tech-no-logic
July 22nd, 2007, 11:34 PM
As she stands, Astrid puts her hat on with a dramatic flourish, the peacock feather bobbing around. "No need to believe me." She eyes her crew then says loudly. "Come men, let's finish getting drunk back on the ship!" Her already drunk men let out some cheers and huzzahs and attempt to get up and follow her towards the door. One of them staggers after the barmaid, slurring about swabbing her deck.

Trace pops his head up when Astrid mentions her ship "ship?" he says, and starts to get up from his seat. he notices the guards watching her, and debates going over I really need a ship... he thinks to himself but I used to work with those guys..

PantherBaebe
July 22nd, 2007, 11:39 PM
Astrid stops to help another one of her impaired crewmen off the floor. She laughs as he sinks to the floor again and leaves the bar, only a couple of her men managing to follow her.


Trace pops his head up when Astrid mentions her ship "ship?" he says, and starts to get up from his seat. he notices the guards watching her, and debates going over I really need a ship... he thinks to himself but I used to work with those guys..

tech-no-logic
July 22nd, 2007, 11:41 PM
Astrid stops to help another one of her impaired crewmen off the floor. She laughs as he sinks to the floor again and leaves the bar, only a couple of her men managing to follow her.

the guards follow Astrid out of the bar "hold on there missy....why are you in such a rush?" one of them asks

PantherBaebe
July 22nd, 2007, 11:44 PM
Astrid stops and smiles innocently at the guards. "No rush, sir. Just enjoying the fresh night air. And besides, I look so much better in moonlight then candle light, don't you agree?" She flutters her eyelashes at them. Behind her, her men attempt to sober up and keep an eye on the guards.



the guards follow Astrid out of the bar "hold on there missy....why are you in such a rush?" one of them asks

tech-no-logic
July 22nd, 2007, 11:48 PM
Astrid stops and smiles innocently at the guards. "No rush, sir. Just enjoying the fresh night air. And besides, I look so much better in moonlight then candle light, don't you agree?" She flutters her eyelashes at them. Behind her, her men attempt to sober up and keep an eye on the guards.

"so what's a pretty lady like you doing hanging out with sea dogs like these?" the other guard asks. before she has a chance to answer, several more guards walk up to them outside. clearly out numbered, her men wouldn't stand a chance now....even if they were sober.

PantherBaebe
July 22nd, 2007, 11:50 PM
Astrid keeps her warm smile, despite the growing numbers of guards. "Well these are my crew. I'm the captain of a ship and now I have to go check up on that ship. So if all's well and good, I'll just be on my way." She turns away from the guards and starts to walk away, whistling a merry tune.


"so what's a pretty lady like you doing hanging out with sea dogs like these?" the other guard asks. before she has a chance to answer, several more guards walk up to them outside. clearly out numbered, her men wouldn't stand a chance now....even if they were sober.

tech-no-logic
July 22nd, 2007, 11:55 PM
Astrid keeps her warm smile, despite the growing numbers of guards. "Well these are my crew. I'm the captain of a ship and now I have to go check up on that ship. So if all's well and good, I'll just be on my way." She turns away from the guards and starts to walk away, whistling a merry tune.

"not so fast" one of the guards says as she turns away. he grips her by the arm "I think that ship's due for an inspection...you do have all of your paperwork in order don't you?" he asks with a smirk "and you wouldn't have any contraband either now would you?"

meanwhile, back in the bar. Trace's mind goes back to his immediate problem....finding a ship, a crew, and a windsinger. as he ponders these things, he notices the growing number of guards since he first came in and sat down this can only be trouble he thinks to himself as he leans over to a bar maid, and asks "is there a back door to this place?"

PantherBaebe
July 22nd, 2007, 11:58 PM
"What? You really believe I have a ship?" Astrid laughs as she gently slips her arm from the guards hand with a wink. "Not even the barmaid fell for that one. Say, could I buy you a drink?" She eyes the other guards up. "Gee I don't know if I can buy you all a drink though."


"not so fast" one of the guards says as she turns away. he grips her by the arm "I think that ship's due for an inspection...you do have all of your paperwork in order don't you?" he asks with a smirk "and you wouldn't have any contraband either now would you?"

meanwhile, back in the bar. Trace's mind goes back to his immediate problem....finding a ship, a crew, and a windsinger. as he ponders these things, he notices the growing number of guards since he first came in and sat down this can only be trouble he thinks to himself as he leans over to a bar maid, and asks "is there a back door to this place?"

tech-no-logic
July 23rd, 2007, 12:05 AM
"What? You really believe I have a ship?" Astrid laughs as she gently slips her arm from the guards hand with a wink. "Not even the barmaid fell for that one. Say, could I buy you a drink?" She eyes the other guards up. "Gee I don't know if I can buy you all a drink though."

"so you don't have a ship eh?" the guard replies "lying to a capitan of the guard...you know that can carry a stiff penalty don't you?"

meanwhile, the barmaid looks at Trace "you wouldn't be skipping out on a tab now wouldya?" she asks with a hand on her hip.
Trace dose a double take "excuse me? I could have sworn you paid for drinks as you ordered them in this place....if that's not true, then where has all the money I've been paying up been going?" he replies, some annoyance creeping into his voice

PantherBaebe
July 23rd, 2007, 12:08 AM
"Not lying, sir. Just joking." Astrid giggles, coming across as innocent as possible. One of her crewmen mumble something about Astrid being quite the joker. Astrid quietly prayed to every god she had ever heard of that something else would distract these annoying guards as she tried to think of some way out this.


"so you don't have a ship eh?" the guard replies "lying to a capitan of the guard...you know that can carry a stiff penalty don't you?"

meanwhile, the barmaid looks at Trace "you wouldn't be skipping out on a tab now wouldya?" she asks with a hand on her hip.
Trace dose a double take "excuse me? I could have sworn you paid for drinks as you ordered them in this place....if that's not true, then where has all the money I've been paying up been going?" he replies, some annoyance creeping into his voice

tech-no-logic
July 23rd, 2007, 12:18 AM
"Not lying, sir. Just joking." Astrid giggles, coming across as innocent as possible. One of her crewmen mumble something about Astrid being quite the joker. Astrid quietly prayed to every god she had ever heard of that something else would distract these annoying guards as she tried to think of some way out this.

"she did mention a drink" one of the other guards comments "couldn't that be concidered a bribe?" the captain of the guard raises an eyebrow "maybe we do need to go check out that ship. and what is the name of that ship little missy?" he asks

meanwhile, "normally, unless Elise waited on ya" the barmaid replies "she's not the brightest " she adds. Trace glances around at the guards again "only if the bartender's name is Elise, and he doesn't quite look like an Elise to me....maybe a Donna...if he were a woman." he replies "so....about that back door?" he asks with some impatience

PantherBaebe
July 23rd, 2007, 12:21 AM
Dammit, dammit, dammit. Astrid thinks to herself as she sighs. Maybe I could just run for it... And go where? Right to my ship? Dammit. "There really is no ship. Who's ever heard of a female captain? I mean, really..." She looks behind the guards and feigns a face of terror and points in to the distance behind them. "Oh my god look out behind you!"


"she did mention a drink" one of the other guards comments "couldn't that be concidered a bribe?" the captain of the guard raises an eyebrow "maybe we do need to go check out that ship. and what is the name of that ship little missy?" he asks

meanwhile, "normally, unless Elise waited on ya" the barmaid replies "she's not the brightest " she adds. Trace glances around at the guards again "only if the bartender's name is Elise, and he doesn't quite look like an Elise to me....maybe a Donna...if he were a woman." he replies "so....about that back door?" he asks with some impatience

Anemone
July 23rd, 2007, 08:10 AM
Kate sighs as she drags the small forge into the stables. She knows the stable master quite well and he agreed (for the time being) to allow her to leave the forge there. She pauses thinking back on her week. The guards, the magistrate, could it possible get any worse? She wipes her brow and heads for the tavern; stopping dead in her tracks when she hears Astrid's comment to the guards. Kate glares at Astrid; wondering why she is getting involved in someone else's drama. Then pauses for an instant to think of a way to get herself out of it as well as helping a fellow "rebel" in need. She really dislikes people; but it seems at this moment she doesn't have much of a choice. She lets out a loud sigh; "Oh, cousin, there you are! I have been looking for you everywhere; She's with me, gentlemen. I really hope she hasn't been a bother. You know how some people can get when they've had too much to drink!"

tech-no-logic
July 23rd, 2007, 09:21 AM
Dammit, dammit, dammit. Astrid thinks to herself as she sighs. Maybe I could just run for it... And go where? Right to my ship? Dammit. "There really is no ship. Who's ever heard of a female captain? I mean, really..." She looks behind the guards and feigns a face of terror and points in to the distance behind them. "Oh my god look out behind you!"

the captain of the guard motions for one of the other guards to look bbehind them while the others continue to stare at Astrid, looking less than amused

tech-no-logic
July 23rd, 2007, 09:24 AM
Kate sighs as she drags the small forge into the stables. She knows the stable master quite well and he agreed (for the time being) to allow her to leave the forge there. She pauses thinking back on her week. The guards, the magistrate, could it possible get any worse? She wipes her brow and heads for the tavern; stopping dead in her tracks when she hears Astrid's comment to the guards. Kate glares at Astrid; wondering why she is getting involved in someone else's drama. Then pauses for an instant to think of a way to get herself out of it as well as helping a fellow "rebel" in need. She really dislikes people; but it seems at this moment she doesn't have much of a choice. She lets out a loud sigh; "Oh, cousin, there you are! I have been looking for you everywhere; She's with me, gentlemen. I really hope she hasn't been a bother. You know how some people can get when they've had too much to drink!"

the guards look at Kate skeptically "she is huh?" one of the guards asks "you know she's been digging herself quite a hole out here tonight....claiming to be a ships captain, and then trying to weasle out of an inspection..."

Anemone
July 23rd, 2007, 09:44 AM
the guards look at Kate skeptically "she is huh?" one of the guards asks "you know she's been digging herself quite a hole out here tonight....claiming to be a ships captain, and then trying to weasle out of an inspection..."
"That doesn't surprise me at all" Kate replies with a sigh. She leans over to whisper loudly to the Captain of the Guard "She's one of those relatives you don't speak of in polite company; you know, touched in the head a bit more than most" She glances over at Astrid and shakes her head "Poor dear, we've done everything we can think of; but some how she manages to get loose. It was my brother's turn to watch her this evening and well, she used a 'ladies complaint' to get a moment alone." Kate sighs loudly once more "But that's what you get when you consider her parents, it's what happens when cousins marry." She pauses "I certainly hope none of you touched her, no tellin what she may be infected with this time"

tech-no-logic
July 23rd, 2007, 10:06 AM
"That doesn't surprise me at all" Kate replies with a sigh. She leans over to whisper loudly to the Captain of the Guard "She's one of those relatives you don't speak of in polite company; you know, touched in the head a bit more than most" She glances over at Astrid and shakes her head "Poor dear, we've done everything we can think of; but some how she manages to get loose. It was my brother's turn to watch her this evening and well, she used a 'ladies complaint' to get a moment alone." Kate sighs loudly once more "But that's what you get when you consider her parents, it's what happens when cousins marry." She pauses "I certainly hope none of you touched her, no tellin what she may be infected with this time"

"infected?" one of the guards asks, looking down at his hand. he looks for someplace to wipe it, and settles for the back of one of his comrades. the capitan of the guard glares at the two women for a moment "I could take care of her escaping for you, but we have bigger fish to fry....don't let this happen again, or I'll throw you both in a cell" he says. and motions for the guards to follow him as he starts to walk off

meanwhile, "sorry...gona have to make sure Elise didn't serve ya befor I can tell ya where it is" the bar maid replies to Trace "in the mean time, ya want another drink?" she asks. Trace notices the guards starting to walk away, and sighs, half out of relief, and half out of frustrations "sure...why not" he replies, and set's a couple coppers onto the table

Anemone
July 23rd, 2007, 10:53 AM
"infected?" one of the guards asks, looking down at his hand. he looks for someplace to wipe it, and settles for the back of one of his comrades. the capitan of the guard glares at the two women for a moment "I could take care of her escaping for you, but we have bigger fish to fry....don't let this happen again, or I'll throw you both in a cell" he says. and motions for the guards to follow him as he starts to walk off

meanwhile, "sorry...gona have to make sure Elise didn't serve ya befor I can tell ya where it is" the bar maid replies to Trace "in the mean time, ya want another drink?" she asks. Trace notices the guards starting to walk away, and sighs, half out of relief, and half out of frustrations "sure...why not" he replies, and set's a couple coppers onto the table
Kate nods a thanks to the Captain of the Guard and waits for the guards to leave. She looks over at Astrid and her drunken companions. "Well, you're welcome, and try and stay out of trouble. The guards have been particularly insane as of late" she pauses for a brief moment " Now, I'm going to go get a drink" she comments as she turns and heads into the tavern.

Once inside the tavern Kate makes a beeline for the bar. She sits down a couple of chairs away from Trace and waits for the bartender or a barmaid to come over. She glances around the room and wipes her brow. Why can't anything be easy? she thinks to herself as she pulls the clip from her long brown hair and then fixes it back out of the way once more. She hated going out in public and never was one to fret about her looks. After all, when you sweat over a hot forge all day you just aren't too concerned if you have a hair out of place. But still, when she was out in public and expecting service from someone else, it was best not to look too deranged or unkempt. She gave Trace a glance, and wondered who he was hiding from. None of my concern she thought to herself as she waited patiently. Then she noticed his sword Not a bad piece of work, I wonder who made it; she thought to herself.

PantherBaebe
July 23rd, 2007, 11:33 AM
Astrid glowers after the guards and sticks her tongue out at their backs. Telling her men to go back to the ship, Astrid follows Kate into the tavern. "Say, let me buy you a drink. I may not have liked the way you talked about me, but at least I'm not in some stinky cell!" She sits next to Kate and motions to the bartender.


Kate nods a thanks to the Captain of the Guard and waits for the guards to leave. She looks over at Astrid and her drunken companions. "Well, you're welcome, and try and stay out of trouble. The guards have been particularly insane as of late" she pauses for a brief moment " Now, I'm going to go get a drink" she comments as she turns and heads into the tavern.

Once inside the tavern Kate makes a beeline for the bar. She sits down a couple of chairs away from Trace and waits for the bartender or a barmaid to come over. She glances around the room and wipes her brow. Why can't anything be easy? she thinks to herself as she pulls the clip from her long brown hair and then fixes it back out of the way once more. She hated going out in public and never was one to fret about her looks. After all, when you sweat over a hot forge all day you just aren't too concerned if you have a hair out of place. But still, when she was out in public and expecting service from someone else, it was best not to look too deranged or unkempt. She gave Trace a glance, and wondered who he was hiding from. None of my concern she thought to herself as she waited patiently. Then she noticed his sword Not a bad piece of work, I wonder who made it; she thought to herself.

Anemone
July 23rd, 2007, 11:43 AM
Astrid glowers after the guards and sticks her tongue out at their backs. Telling her men to go back to the ship, Astrid follows Kate into the tavern. "Say, let me buy you a drink. I may not have liked the way you talked about me, but at least I'm not in some stinky cell!" She sits next to Kate and motions to the bartender.Kate glances over at Astrid. Keeping her voice low, she leans over and comments; "Well, around here the best way to stay out of their way is to be diseased or mental. Both is better though, at least that will keep their hands off ya." She pauses, "And, it wasn't my intention to flatter you, more like keeping your neck from the noose. Which I did that, now don't go messing it up. My neck isn't long from that noose as it is; and I have no intention of sticking around here waiting for it to happen".

PantherBaebe
July 23rd, 2007, 11:47 AM
Astrid shrugs and grins. "Well thanks for the help and all that. And why might you be so close to the noose then? Unsavoury past then?" She extends her hand to Kate. "The names Captain Astrid, by the way."


Kate glances over at Astrid. Keeping her voice low, she leans over and comments; "Well, around here the best way to stay out of their way is to be diseased or mental. Both is better though, at least that will keep their hands off ya." She pauses, "And, it wasn't my intention to flatter you, more like keeping your neck from the noose. Which I did that, now don't go messing it up. My neck isn't long from that noose as it is; and I have no intention of sticking around here waiting for it to happen".

Anemone
July 23rd, 2007, 11:53 AM
Astrid shrugs and grins. "Well thanks for the help and all that. And why might you be so close to the noose then? Unsavoury past then?" She extends her hand to Kate. "The names Captain Astrid, by the way."
"Not that they know of yet" Kate replies. "Let's just say that's a story best saved for another day." she pauses "If we live that long". She shakes Astrid's hand and notices how soft it is compared to her own. "Sorry, blacksmith's hands" she comments as she pulls her hand back. She shifts her sword on her back and the one at her side to make herself a little more comfortable. "So you're a Captain, huh? Got a ship?" she asks.

PantherBaebe
July 23rd, 2007, 11:59 AM
Astrid nods and her face beams with pride. "Yes I do. The Nightingale. Got 'er from my dad." She sighs happily as she thinks about her ship. "So you say your a blacksmith?"


"Not that they know of yet" Kate replies. "Let's just say that's a story best saved for another day." she pauses "If we live that long". She shakes Astrid's hand and notices how soft it is compared to her own. "Sorry, blacksmith's hands" she comments as she pulls her hand back. She shifts her sword on her back and the one at her side to make herself a little more comfortable. "So you're a Captain, huh? Got a ship?" she asks.

Anemone
July 23rd, 2007, 12:03 PM
Astrid nods and her face beams with pride. "Yes I do. The Nightingale. Got 'er from my dad." She sighs happily as she thinks about her ship. "So you say your a blacksmith?"
"Blacksmith, weaponsmith, if it can be made from metal, I can make it" Kate comments as she watches the bartender waiting on a table. "So, this Nightingale of yours; any plans on taking her out of port anytime soon?" she asks Astrid.

PantherBaebe
July 23rd, 2007, 12:06 PM
"Yes, I take her out occasionally to... run errands." Astrid replies with a smile. "And a sunset from out in the middle of the ocean is the most beautiful sight you'll ever see, next to myself of course." She laughs and flips her hair behind her shoulder.


"Blacksmith, weaponsmith, if it can be made from metal, I can make it" Kate comments as she watches the bartender waiting on a table. "So, this Nightingale of yours; any plans on taking her out of port anytime soon?" she asks Astrid.

Anemone
July 23rd, 2007, 12:09 PM
"Yes, I take her out occasionally to... run errands." Astrid replies with a smile. "And a sunset from out in the middle of the ocean is the most beautiful sight you'll ever see, next to myself of course." She laughs and flips her hair behind her shoulder."Occasionally?" Kate asks. "Uhm, there wouldn't happen to be an occasion coming up soon, would there?" she asks, wondering if the rest of Astrid's crew was like the drunks she found her with earlier.

PantherBaebe
July 23rd, 2007, 12:17 PM
Astrid smiles and eyes Kate up. "Looking to join my crew?" She laughs. "I don't plan too far ahead. I go when I go. The right price could always encourage me to go a little sooner. Have somewhere you need to go?"


"Occasionally?" Kate asks. "Uhm, there wouldn't happen to be an occasion coming up soon, would there?" she asks, wondering if the rest of Astrid's crew was like the drunks she found her with earlier.

Anemone
July 23rd, 2007, 12:19 PM
Astrid smiles and eyes Kate up. "Looking to join my crew?" She laughs. "I don't plan too far ahead. I go when I go. The right price could always encourage me to go a little sooner. Have somewhere you need to go?"
"Away from here" Kate replies. She pauses as she thinks about her measly 5 gold. "I'm afraid I don't have anything to pay though; at least not to hire your ship".

PantherBaebe
July 23rd, 2007, 12:21 PM
Astrid shrugs and looks around for the bartender or a barmaid. She waves a barmaid over and orders a drink for herself and one for Kate. "Well... If you put in your fair share of work, then I don't see why you couldn't come along."


"Away from here" Kate replies. She pauses as she thinks about her measly 5 gold. "I'm afraid I don't have anything to pay though; at least not to hire your ship".

PantherBaebe
July 23rd, 2007, 12:29 PM
((OOC: Gotta go to work! I'll be back on tonight!))

Anemone
July 23rd, 2007, 12:39 PM
Astrid shrugs and looks around for the bartender or a barmaid. She waves a barmaid over and orders a drink for herself and one for Kate. "Well... If you put in your fair share of work, then I don't see why you couldn't come along.""Hard work doesn't bother me" Kate replies as she looks at the foul smelling liquid the barmaid set down in front of her. "Could I just get some water?" she asks

tech-no-logic
July 23rd, 2007, 01:10 PM
"Hard work doesn't bother me" Kate replies as she looks at the foul smelling liquid the barmaid set down in front of her. "Could I just get some water?" she asks

the barmaid heads off to get water, shooting Kate a quick look of disgust as she goes.

Trace, having overheard most of their conversation, walks up between them. "I couldn't help overhearing that you have a ship" he says to Astrid "and I just so happen to be in dire need of a ship and crew, and a windsinger"

Anemone
July 23rd, 2007, 01:15 PM
the barmaid heads off to get water, shooting Kate a quick look of disgust as she goes.

Trace, having overheard most of their conversation, walks up between them. "I couldn't help overhearing that you have a ship" he says to Astrid "and I just so happen to be in dire need of a ship and crew, and a windsinger"

"a wind singer huh?" Kate asks "well good luck with that, the new government has taken most of them, and I doubt that our friend here has one"

Anemone
July 23rd, 2007, 01:15 PM
OOC: heading out to do some errands. will be back in a few hours.

tech-no-logic
July 23rd, 2007, 01:20 PM
"a wind singer huh?" Kate asks "well good luck with that, the new government has taken most of them, and I doubt that our friend here has one"

Trace sighs "I know they have, but we won't make the journey if we don't have one, so here lies the dilemma, I have to, and will get one...one way or another" he replies with a sudden intensity in his dark eyes. he turns to Astrid "please tell me you have at least a ship and crew"

purple dragon
July 23rd, 2007, 02:12 PM
Ravenna enters the tavern and, ordering a glass of water takes a seat in a corner, eyeing up her next likely victim, and also counting the number of guards

tech-no-logic
July 23rd, 2007, 03:45 PM
Ravenna enters the tavern and, ordering a glass of water takes a seat in a corner, eyeing up her next likely victim, and also counting the number of guards

there are four guards sitting at a corner table, one of whom is very drunk, and attempting to tell very bad jokes to the rest of his buddies.

the barmaid sets down a mug of brown tinted liquid that she claims is water. "that'll be a copper, unless yer orderin food ta go with it" she comments with an outstretched hand

purple dragon
July 23rd, 2007, 03:50 PM
"I'll pass thank you" she says, tossing her a copper...grateful she had exchanged her one of her gold coins into smaller money

tech-no-logic
July 23rd, 2007, 04:41 PM
"I'll pass thank you" she says, tossing her a copper...grateful she had exchanged her one of her gold coins into smaller money

"ok" the barmaid replies with a shrug as she takes the copper, and heads to another table

purple dragon
July 23rd, 2007, 05:45 PM
she smells the water, the dubiously sips it, wrinkling her nose she puts it back on the table

PantherBaebe
July 23rd, 2007, 10:03 PM
"Kate would be right. I have no windsinger." Astrid shrugs and gulps some beer. "But I do have a ship and a crew. Well most of a crew anyway." She grins sheepishly and gulps some more beer.


Trace sighs "I know they have, but we won't make the journey if we don't have one, so here lies the dilemma, I have to, and will get one...one way or another" he replies with a sudden intensity in his dark eyes. he turns to Astrid "please tell me you have at least a ship and crew"

purple dragon
July 24th, 2007, 06:08 AM
she smells the water, the dubiously sips it, wrinkling her nose she puts it back on the table

she wishes she still had some of that herb to purify water - necessay in the amount of travelling she does - intentionally and unintentionally. After a time she gets up and goes to stand outside, bored of the rowdiness of he tavern and the pungent odour within

tech-no-logic
July 24th, 2007, 10:45 AM
"Kate would be right. I have no windsinger." Astrid shrugs and gulps some beer. "But I do have a ship and a crew. Well most of a crew anyway." She grins sheepishly and gulps some more beer.

Trace laughs mirthlessly "well after looking around this place, I think that is as good as I'm going to get. what kind of ship, and how many men?" he asks as he warily looks around the tavern

tech-no-logic
July 24th, 2007, 10:48 AM
she wishes she still had some of that herb to purify water - necessay in the amount of travelling she does - intentionally and unintentionally. After a time she gets up and goes to stand outside, bored of the rowdiness of he tavern and the pungent odour within

as she steps outside a drunk falls face first at her feet, and empties his stomach before getting up, and putting an arm around her "mommy....I dun feel so gud"

PantherBaebe
July 24th, 2007, 11:34 AM
"She's a three mast clipper ship. I have a crew of 30." Astrid slurs slightly, somewhat drunk. "Where you needin' to go so badly? And what's yer name?"


Trace laughs mirthlessly "well after looking around this place, I think that is as good as I'm going to get. what kind of ship, and how many men?" he asks as he warily looks around the tavern

tech-no-logic
July 24th, 2007, 11:47 AM
"She's a three mast clipper ship. I have a crew of 30." Astrid slurs slightly, somewhat drunk. "Where you needin' to go so badly? And what's yer name?"

"that's going to be difficult" he mumbles "skeleton crew...multiple jobs" he jerks himself from his thoughts "go?!....oh" he laughs quietly as he looks around the tavern again "that is a subject best left undisscussed in this particular environment. my name is Trace" he says with a slight bow

PantherBaebe
July 24th, 2007, 11:51 AM
Astrid finishes off her beer and sets the mug down. "Aye, multiple jobs is right. It can be done though." Astrid nods and looks around. "Well nice to meet ya, Trace. We can always go talk on my ship. The only riff-raff there is my crew." She laughs and picks up her mug, frowning when she realizes that it's empty.


"that's going to be difficult" he mumbles "skeleton crew...multiple jobs" he jerks himself from his thoughts "go?!....oh" he laughs quietly as he looks around the tavern again "that is a subject best left undisscussed in this particular environment. my name is Trace" he says with a slight bow

tech-no-logic
July 24th, 2007, 11:57 AM
Astrid finishes off her beer and sets the mug down. "Aye, multiple jobs is right. It can be done though." Astrid nods and looks around. "Well nice to meet ya, Trace. We can always go talk on my ship. The only riff-raff there is my crew." She laughs and picks up her mug, frowning when she realizes that it's empty.

"that may be a good idea" Trace replies as he watches the four guards in the corner for a moment

PantherBaebe
July 24th, 2007, 12:01 PM
"You might as well come along too." Astrid says to Kate as she stands. "Just wait 'till you see her, she's almost as beautiful as me."


"that may be a good idea" Trace replies as he watches the four guards in the corner for a moment

Anemone
July 24th, 2007, 12:16 PM
"You might as well come along too." Astrid says to Kate as she stands. "Just wait 'till you see her, she's almost as beautiful as me."
"Well, I'll be joining you regardless of how many crew you have; that is if the offer still holds" Kate replies to Astrid. She pauses; "I do have to stop over at the stables though to pick up my forge".

PantherBaebe
July 24th, 2007, 12:26 PM
"To the blacksmith then!" Astrid exclaims and starts for the door, her steps a bit wobbly. She stops to glance back to see if Trace and Kate are following.

((OOC: Going to work. Back tonight.))


"Well, I'll be joining you regardless of how many crew you have; that is if the offer still holds" Kate replies to Astrid. She pauses; "I do have to stop over at the blacksmith though to pick up my forge".

tech-no-logic
July 24th, 2007, 12:32 PM
"To the blacksmith then!" Astrid exclaims and starts for the door, her steps a bit wobbly. She stops to glance back to see if Trace and Kate are following.

((OOC: Going to work. Back tonight.))

"woo hoo" Trace says with little enthusiasm, and begins to follow Astrid out of the tavern, still keeping a wary eye on the guards

(OOC: see you then...hopefully my internet won't die on me again tonight)

Anemone
July 24th, 2007, 12:36 PM
"woo hoo" Trace says with little enthusiasm, and begins to follow Astrid out of the tavern, still keeping a wary eye on the guards

Kate sighs and shakes her head I really hope he falls overboard she thinks to herself as she follows Astrid and Trace out of the tavern. She gets outside and turns to head towards the stables.

tech-no-logic
July 24th, 2007, 12:42 PM
as the group heads out of the tavern, Trace notices a red haired woman standing in a puddle of vomit with a drunk hanging on her "the women in this town must really be hard up for dates" he comments as he passes by

Anemone
July 24th, 2007, 12:46 PM
as the group heads out of the tavern, Trace notices a red haired woman standing in a puddle of vomit with a drunk hanging on her "the women in this town must really be hard up for dates" he comments as he passes by
"Certainly looks that way" Kate comments, wondering what poor woman would ever get herself stuck with the likes of Trace. "I do suppose though that she could do worse", she adds as they walk away.

purple dragon
July 24th, 2007, 01:38 PM
"oh ha ha very funny...come outside for a breath of air and now I have to go clean my shoes..." she mutters under her breath, kicking the man away and walking off

tech-no-logic
July 24th, 2007, 02:25 PM
"oh ha ha very funny...come outside for a breath of air and now I have to go clean my shoes..." she mutters under her breath, kicking the man away and walking off
"mom?" the drunk calls after the woman.

a guard walks over to the woman. "where would you be going this late at night without an escort?" he asks abruptly

purple dragon
July 24th, 2007, 02:55 PM
"mom?" the drunk calls after the woman.

a guard walks over to the woman. "where would you be going this late at night without an escort?" he asks abruptly

"home, sir."

tech-no-logic
July 24th, 2007, 03:29 PM
"home, sir."
"I believe I will escort you there" the guard replies as he takes ahold of the woman's arm. "we can't have any of these ruffians accosting a lady now can we?" he comments. "Now where would home be?" the guard asks.

purple dragon
July 24th, 2007, 03:43 PM
"I believe I will escort you there" the guard replies as he takes ahold of the woman's arm. "we can't have any of these ruffians accosting a lady now can we?" he comments. "Now where would home be?" the guard asks.

"indeed not sir" she says leading him to where she is currently living, a rather crooked house

tech-no-logic
July 24th, 2007, 05:01 PM
"indeed not sir" she says leading him to where she is currently living, a rather crooked house

"is your father home?" the guard asks as they near the woman's current place of residence

purple dragon
July 24th, 2007, 05:06 PM
"is your father home?" the guard asks as they near the woman's current place of residence

"It would seem not sir" she says, not considering it to be a lie..he is dead after all

tech-no-logic
July 24th, 2007, 05:33 PM
"It would seem not sir" she says, not considering it to be a lie..he is dead after all

"are you married then?" the guard asks the woman

purple dragon
July 24th, 2007, 05:39 PM
"no, but my sister might be in" she lies

tech-no-logic
July 24th, 2007, 05:57 PM
"no, but my sister might be in" she lies

the guard looks at the woman "your sister? tell me all about her. what's her name, how old is she? older than you, younger than you? I like to get to know the people who are on my patrol" he adds

purple dragon
July 24th, 2007, 06:00 PM
"well shes more like my twin, except she has green eyes and black hair. Her name is Alanna"

tech-no-logic
July 24th, 2007, 06:25 PM
"well shes more like my twin, except she has green eyes and black hair. Her name is Alanna"

the guard looks at the woman skeptically "more like your twin?....yer either twins or you're not....there really is no two ways about it"

OOC: you have a PM

purple dragon
July 24th, 2007, 06:32 PM
"fine, she is my twin."

tech-no-logic
July 24th, 2007, 07:35 PM
"fine, she is my twin."

"I think I need to meet her" the guard replies to the woman "by the way, who takes care of you girls?" he asks

tech-no-logic
July 24th, 2007, 09:10 PM
"Certainly looks that way" Kate comments, wondering what poor woman would ever get herself stuck with the likes of Trace. "I do suppose though that she could do worse", she adds as they walk away.

Trace shrugs "perhaps....maybe we should have helped her out. she didn't seem to be enjoying the company too much" he comments to Kate as they head toward the stables "which stables did you leave this forge at anyway?" he asks as they walk

Anemone
July 24th, 2007, 09:14 PM
Trace shrugs "perhaps....maybe we should have helped her out. she didn't seem to be enjoying the company too much" he comments to Kate as they head toward the stables "which stables did you leave this forge at anyway?" he asks as they walk

Kate rolls her eyes, "What are you, the good samaritan all of a sudden? By the looks of that woman, she's used to that sort of company." she comments. "Ever heard of Thomason's stable? Well that's where my forge is." she replies to Trace

tech-no-logic
July 24th, 2007, 09:18 PM
Kate rolls her eyes, "What are you, the good samaritan all of a sudden? By the looks of that woman, she's used to that sort of company." she comments. "Ever heard of Thomason's stable? Well that's where my forge is." she replies to Trace

"good samaritan? BAH!" Trace replies to Kate "just thought she may have appreciated some help...getting rid of the drunk that is" he adds "thomasons huh? so just why is your forge in a stable?" he asks

Anemone
July 24th, 2007, 09:23 PM
"good samaritan? BAH!" Trace replies to Kate "just thought she may have appreciated some help...getting rid of the drunk that is" he adds "thomasons huh? so just why is your forge in a stable?" he asks

Kate rolls her eyes again. "Sir knight in shining armor! Oh I bet you would have loved to have her fawning at your feet in gratitude" She shakes her head, and looks at Trace "ever heard of horses? Ya know, big four footed animals with hooves that wear metal shoes? Granted my specialty is swords, however, I have shoed a horse or two. So don't worry why my forge is at a stable"

tech-no-logic
July 24th, 2007, 09:29 PM
Kate rolls her eyes again. "Sir knight in shining armor! Oh I bet you would have loved to have her fawning at your feet in gratitude" She shakes her head, and looks at Trace "ever heard of horses? Ya know, big four footed animals with hooves that wear metal shoes? Granted my specialty is swords, however, I have shoed a horse or two. So don't worry why my forge is at a stable"

Trace rubs his chin as if visualizing the scene "well I am a bit partial to red heads" he replies to Kate with a wry grin "but that's neither here nor there. horses, I've seen one or two, never really cared for them though, nor really had a use for them, and the only forge I've seen wouldn't have been a safe thing to have in a stables with all that hay waiting to catch fire" he comments

Anemone
July 24th, 2007, 09:34 PM
Trace rubs his chin as if visualizing the scene "well I am a bit partial to red heads" he replies to Kate with a wry grin "but that's neither here nor there. horses, I've seen one or two, never really cared for them though, nor really had a use for them, and the only forge I've seen wouldn't have been a safe thing to have in a stables with all that hay waiting to catch fire" he comments

"Well thank goodness you prefer red heads, that means Astrid, and I are safe." Kate replies to Trace with a grin. "And since you don't care for horses, they're safe as well, though we still have to worry about the poor sheep" she adds. Kate pauses for a moment "you really aren't very bright are you? The forge isn't kept in with the hay, it's in a seperate building; idiot. And besides my forge isn't even fired up at the moment, if it were, I wouldn't be moving it right now."

tech-no-logic
July 24th, 2007, 09:48 PM
"Well thank goodness you prefer red heads, that means Astrid, and I are safe." Kate replies to Trace with a grin. "And since you don't care for horses, they're safe as well, though we still have to worry about the poor sheep" she adds. Kate pauses for a moment "you really aren't very bright are you? The forge isn't kept in with the hay, it's in a seperate building; idiot. And besides my forge isn't even fired up at the moment, if it were, I wouldn't be moving it right now."

"I said I was partial to redheads." Trace replies to Kate "doesn't mean you and Astrid are safe" he says with a grin "and as far as sheep and horses go, you don't find them on too many ships, goats on the other hand, now that's another matter" he looks at Kate for a moment, and shrugs "sorry if I don't know much about forges. the only one I ever saw was the one my sword was made at, granted it was a very long way from here, and you may build them different here, but, isn't a forge a bit big to be moving around?"

PantherBaebe
July 24th, 2007, 11:28 PM
Astrid wanders along with Trace and Kate, watching them with an amused look on her face. "You two bicker like an old married couple."

purple dragon
July 25th, 2007, 03:11 AM
"I think I need to meet her" the guard replies to the woman "by the way, who takes care of you girls?" he asks

crud she thinks "my aunt and uncle"

tech-no-logic
July 25th, 2007, 06:09 AM
Astrid wanders along with Trace and Kate, watching them with an amused look on her face. "You two bicker like an old married couple."

Trace looks at Astrid "bicker? merely a friendly debate" he replies

Anemone
July 25th, 2007, 06:13 AM
Astrid wanders along with Trace and Kate, watching them with an amused look on her face. "You two bicker like an old married couple."

"Married?" Kate replies; completely ignoring Trace's previous comment for the moment. "He's your type, not mine" she replies to Astrid. "unless of course you have a goat on that ship, then I'm afraid even you and your charms won't stand a chance" she adds with a smirk

tech-no-logic
July 25th, 2007, 06:14 AM
crud she thinks "my aunt and uncle"

"so you live there with your aunt and uncle, AND your sister?" the guard asks the woman

tech-no-logic
July 25th, 2007, 06:16 AM
"Married?" Kate replies; completely ignoring Trace's previous comment for the moment. "He's your type, not mine" she replies to Astrid. "unless of course you have a goat on that ship, then I'm afraid even you and your charms won't stand a chance" she adds with a smirk

Trace looks at Kate "now what do goats have to do with this?" he asks

purple dragon
July 25th, 2007, 06:36 AM
"so you live there with your aunt and uncle, AND your sister?" the guard asks the woman

"Yes, we're the only ones left of our family and we like to stick together"

tech-no-logic
July 25th, 2007, 06:41 AM
"Yes, we're the only ones left of our family and we like to stick together""well, I want to meet them" the guard replies to the woman. "like I said, it's good to know the people on my rounds" he looks at the woman as he reaches for the doorknob "as late as it is they should all be home, if not there must be a problem."

purple dragon
July 25th, 2007, 06:45 AM
"well, I want to meet them" the guard replies to the woman. "like I said, it's good to know the people on my rounds" he looks at the woman as he reaches for the doorknob "as late as it is they should all be home, if not there must be a problem."

stuff it. she looks down the street "they should be here..." she says, but although making as if she is looking for her 'family' she is actually looking for guards

tech-no-logic
July 25th, 2007, 06:52 AM
stuff it. she looks down the street "they should be here..." she says, but although making as if she is looking for her 'family' she is actually looking for guardsthe guard smiles "good, I would hate to arrest them for curfew violations" he replies to the woman. "after you?" he asks as he opens the door.

the street looks to be deserted, no one around except for the guard she is talking to.

purple dragon
July 25th, 2007, 06:56 AM
the guard smiles "good, I would hate to arrest them for curfew violations" he replies to the woman. "after you?" he asks as he opens the door.

the street looks to be deserted, no one around except for the guard she is talking to.

"I'll be alright from here" go away, go away, go away

tech-no-logic
July 25th, 2007, 07:05 AM
"I'll be alright from here" go away, go away, go away
the guard stops and cocks his head to the side "now how strange is that? you don't even want to set foot in your own home?" he raises an eyebrow "now why might that be?" he asks the woman suspiciously

purple dragon
July 25th, 2007, 07:10 AM
the guard stops and cocks his head to the side "now how strange is that? you don't even want to set foot in your own home?" he raises an eyebrow "now why might that be?" he asks the woman suspiciously

"I just thought I'd sit outside and wait for the others to get home, seeing as they don't seem to be home yet." looks like I'm going to have to do this the hard way... she thinks, slowly and discreetly loosening the strap holding her wrist knife

tech-no-logic
July 25th, 2007, 01:24 PM
"I just thought I'd sit outside and wait for the others to get home, seeing as they don't seem to be home yet." looks like I'm going to have to do this the hard way... she thinks, slowly and discreetly loosening the strap holding her wrist knife
"how do you know they aren't here when you won't even set a foot inside?" the guard asks the woman. "for all you know, they could be in bed asleep." he pauses, "now come on let's see for ourselves" he adds as he takes a step inside the building.

PantherBaebe
July 25th, 2007, 09:35 PM
Astrid laughs. "Well if he likes goats, I'm not interested."


"Married?" Kate replies; completely ignoring Trace's previous comment for the moment. "He's your type, not mine" she replies to Astrid. "unless of course you have a goat on that ship, then I'm afraid even you and your charms won't stand a chance" she adds with a smirk

Anemone
July 25th, 2007, 09:39 PM
Trace looks at Kate "now what do goats have to do with this?" he asks
"Apparently quite a bit" Kate replies to Trace.

Anemone
July 25th, 2007, 09:40 PM
Astrid laughs. "Well if he likes goats, I'm not interested."
"Well, I'm sure someone on board your ship will have a goat or two to keep him company;" Kate replies with a wink to Astrid.

tech-no-logic
July 25th, 2007, 09:42 PM
Astrid laughs. "Well if he likes goats, I'm not interested."
Trace shakes his head, "I only said the goats were on the ships. I never said they keep me company"

PantherBaebe
July 25th, 2007, 10:12 PM
"Oh, I'm sure we could find him a goat somewhere." Astrid grins.


"Well, I'm sure someone on board your ship will have a goat or two to keep him company;" Kate replies with a wink to Astrid.

tech-no-logic
July 25th, 2007, 10:16 PM
"Oh, I'm sure we could find him a goat somewhere." Astrid grins.

"why do I need a goat when I have you two lovely ladies?" Trace asks Astrid

PantherBaebe
July 25th, 2007, 10:18 PM
Astrid glows happily at the compliment. "Well I would have to agree. Not many men can resist my beautiful self." She flashes a charming smile at Trace.


"why do I need a goat when I have you two lovely ladies?" Trace asks Astrid

tech-no-logic
July 25th, 2007, 10:32 PM
Astrid glows happily at the compliment. "Well I would have to agree. Not many men can resist my beautiful self." She flashes a charming smile at Trace.

Trace chuckles "I'm sure " he replies "and probably even more so when you are sober." he watches Astrid, looking for signs that he needs to duck.

PantherBaebe
July 25th, 2007, 11:21 PM
Astrid completely ignores Trace, acting as if he hasn't even spoken. "Heck, even some women can't resist me." She glances over at Kate. "But don't get any ideas."


Trace chuckles "I'm sure " he replies "and probably even more so when you are sober." he watches Astrid, looking for signs that he needs to duck.

tech-no-logic
July 25th, 2007, 11:28 PM
Astrid completely ignores Trace, acting as if he hasn't even spoken. "Heck, even some women can't resist me." She glances over at Kate. "But don't get any ideas."

Trace shrugs, and continues walking, conceling a small smile at the images Astrid's comment conjured in his mind

OOC: headed to bed....night

PantherBaebe
July 25th, 2007, 11:33 PM
"This once, a few years back, I was seeing this guy..." Astrid says, "and his sister fell in love with me." She puts a finger on her chin wistfully, "They ended up fighting over me for a day or two straight, so I got bored and left. Never spoke to 'im again."

((OOC: Good night.))


Trace shrugs, and continues walking, conceling a small smile at the images Astrid's comment conjured in his mind

OOC: headed to bed....night

Anemone
July 26th, 2007, 09:11 AM
"why do I need a goat when I have you two lovely ladies?" Trace asks Astrid
Kate feels like she should vomit. Trace really is so full of himself; like he thinks THAT line is gonna get him somewhere with us; she thinks to herself. Well, maybe Astrid is that shallow; but I'm not!

Anemone
July 26th, 2007, 09:14 AM
Astrid completely ignores Trace, acting as if he hasn't even spoken. "Heck, even some women can't resist me." She glances over at Kate. "But don't get any ideas."
"Oh, you don't have to worry about that" Kate replies to Astrid. "I'm sure you're a wonderful companion; but I'm not interested in women." She pauses "Actually I spend more time making swords than to be bothered with dating anyone. And most men I have met have left quite a bit to be desired."

Anemone
July 26th, 2007, 09:18 AM
"This once, a few years back, I was seeing this guy..." Astrid says, "and his sister fell in love with me." She puts a finger on her chin wistfully, "They ended up fighting over me for a day or two straight, so I got bored and left. Never spoke to 'im again."



Kate laughs, "I'm guessing that didn't happen at sea. It would be a bit hard to get away from someone when you have no where to go." She thinks for a moment; wondering to herself if going out to sea with a ship load of people is such a good idea, then considers the local government. Looks like I don't have much choice; she thinks to herself.

PantherBaebe
July 26th, 2007, 12:36 PM
Astrid nods at Kate. "I really am a wonderful companion. No, not at sea. It happened here." She looks around, as if suddenly paranoid of running in to the aformentioned ex.


Kate laughs, "I'm guessing that didn't happen at sea. It would be a bit hard to get away from someone when you have no where to go." She thinks for a moment; wondering to herself if going out to sea with a ship load of people is such a good idea, then considers the local government. Looks like I don't have much choice; she thinks to herself.

Anemone
July 26th, 2007, 01:08 PM
Astrid nods at Kate. "I really am a wonderful companion. No, not at sea. It happened here." She looks around, as if suddenly paranoid of running in to the aformentioned ex.
Kate nods down the street, "The stables is right over there. I should have asked you; but is there room on your ship for a travel forge?" she asks Astrid.

PantherBaebe
July 26th, 2007, 01:19 PM
"Seeing as I'm missing almost half a crew, there's plenty of room on my ship." Astrid laughs. "I'm sure we can find somewhere to put it."


Kate nods down the street, "The stables is right over there. I should have asked you; but is there room on your ship for a travel forge?" she asks Astrid.

Anemone
July 26th, 2007, 01:29 PM
"Seeing as I'm missing almost half a crew, there's plenty of room on my ship." Astrid laughs. "I'm sure we can find somewhere to put it.""Thanks" Kate replies to Astrid. "It isn't as big as my old one; but considering the circumstances; it'll have to do."

They enter the stables and see something sitting on a cart that looks like a stone and iron beehive on legs. Next to it on the cart are the other tools which are needed to use it, an anvil, hammers, tongs, bellows and bucket. Kate sighs as she walks over to the stableowner and inquires about buying supplies. He replies and sets her up with what she needs and loads it into the cart where there is room.

Kate walks back over to Astrid. "Well, other than being a bit short on kindling; I think I have enough to get me started. Hopefully I can manage to sell a sword or two and make some of my gold back." She backs into the traces and lifts them up preparing to drag the cart behind her. "I can't keep the cart though; he'll want it back", she comments while waiting for the others to lead her to the ship.

PantherBaebe
July 26th, 2007, 01:32 PM
Astrid eyes up her traveling forge. "Someone can bring it back in the morn." Without bothering to offer some help, Astrid turns around and starts leading the way to her ship.


"Thanks" Kate replies to Astrid. "It isn't as big as my old one; but considering the circumstances; it'll have to do."

They enter the stables and see something sitting on a cart that looks like a stone and iron beehive on legs. Next to it on the cart are the other tools which are needed to use it, an anvil, hammers, tongs, bellows and bucket. Kate sighs as she walks over to the stableowner and inquires about buying supplies. He replies and sets her up with what she needs and loads it into the cart where there is room.

Kate walks back over to Astrid. "Well, other than being a bit short on kindling; I think I have enough to get me started. Hopefully I can manage to sell a sword or two and make some of my gold back." She backs into the traces and lifts them up preparing to drag the cart behind her. "I can't keep the cart though; he'll want it back", she comments while waiting for the others to lead her to the ship.

Anemone
July 26th, 2007, 01:55 PM
Astrid eyes up her traveling forge. "Someone can bring it back in the morn." Without bothering to offer some help, Astrid turns around and starts leading the way to her ship.
Kate digs in her heels to get the cart moving; knowing that getting it started is the hardest part. She follows behind Trace and Astrid; then thinks to ask "So where is the rest of the crew coming from? Planning to hire from the taverns?"

PantherBaebe
July 26th, 2007, 01:58 PM
Astrid shrugs. "Hadn't thought about it. Things always seem to work out in the end, so I don't fret about it." She thinks for a moment. "I suppose we could do that. But then we would just have a bunch of drunks...." She laughs loudly. "But then I guess they'd fit right in with the rest of my crew."


Kate digs in her heels to get the cart moving; knowing that getting it started is the hardest part. She follows behind Trace and Astrid; then thinks to ask "So where is the rest of the crew coming from? Planning to hire from the taverns?"

Anemone
July 26th, 2007, 02:13 PM
Astrid shrugs. "Hadn't thought about it. Things always seem to work out in the end, so I don't fret about it." She thinks for a moment. "I suppose we could do that. But then we would just have a bunch of drunks...." She laughs loudly. "But then I guess they'd fit right in with the rest of my crew."
"Well, the drunks I found you with, are they part of your crew?" Kate asks Astrid. "If so, you may have to stock more rum"; she adds.

PantherBaebe
July 26th, 2007, 02:20 PM
Astrid nods thoughtfully. "We are running low on rum. Can't have a ship of pirates with no rum! That just won't do... cause for mutiny right there..." She shakes her head. "Gotta make a stop to get more rum!"


"Well, the drunks I found you with, are they part of your crew?" Kate asks Astrid. "If so, you may have to stock more rum"; she adds.

Anemone
July 26th, 2007, 02:28 PM
Astrid nods thoughtfully. "We are running low on rum. Can't have a ship of pirates with no rum! That just won't do... cause for mutiny right there..." She shakes her head. "Gotta make a stop to get more rum!"
"Pirates?" Kate asks Astrid. "Well, I suppose that explains a few things" she pauses. "Don't worry about rum for me; I'll settle for water to drink."

PantherBaebe
July 26th, 2007, 02:41 PM
"What? No rum?" Astrid looks at Kate with shock. She shakes her head and murmurs under her breath "Who in their right mind says no to rum? Must not be in her right mind..." She looks at the wagon Kate is pulling. "Could ya fit a barrel or two of rum in there?"


"Pirates?" Kate asks Astrid. "Well, I suppose that explains a few things" she pauses. "Don't worry about rum for me; I'll settle for water to drink."

Anemone
July 26th, 2007, 02:57 PM
"What? No rum?" Astrid looks at Kate with shock. She shakes her head and murmurs under her breath "Who in their right mind says no to rum? Must not be in her right mind..." She looks at the wagon Kate is pulling. "Could ya fit a barrel or two of rum in there?"
"I like to keep my wits about me; not to mention forges and drinking don't mix well" Kate replies as she continues to drag the cart along behind her. She glances over her shoulder at the cart; "How big of a barrel are you talking about? A small keg or two will; but not one of those big ones."

PantherBaebe
July 26th, 2007, 04:07 PM
"I'm thinking a cask." Astrid replies as she looks around for a tavern. When she sees one she says "S'cuse me. I'll be back soon." She heads inside the tavern and returns a little while later with the bartender and a cask of rum. Once the rum is in the wagon, Astrid smiles and the bartender heads back inside. "Now, to the ship!"


"I like to keep my wits about me; not to mention forges and drinking don't mix well" Kate replies as she continues to drag the cart along behind her. She glances over her shoulder at the cart; "How big of a barrel are you talking about? A small keg or two will; but not one of those big ones."

Anemone
July 26th, 2007, 04:27 PM
"I'm thinking a cask." Astrid replies as she looks around for a tavern. When she sees one she says "S'cuse me. I'll be back soon." She heads inside the tavern and returns a little while later with the bartender and a cask of rum. Once the rum is in the wagon, Astrid smiles and the bartender heads back inside. "Now, to the ship!"
"After you" Kate replies to Astrid as she digs her heels in to get the (now much heavier) cart moving. "I hope you remember this when I need a favor" she comments wondering just how many "favors" she is going to need to give Astrid before their journey is over. Let's see, saving her from the guards and now being her pack mule; oh yeah, she had better remember this! She thinks to herself

PantherBaebe
July 26th, 2007, 04:31 PM
Astrid leads the way to her ship, whistling merrily the whole way.


"After you" Kate replies to Astrid as she digs her heels in to get the (now much heavier) cart moving. "I hope you remember this when I need a favor" she comments wondering just how many "favors" she is going to need to give Astrid before their journey is over. Let's see, saving her from the guards and now being her pack mule; oh yeah, she had better remember this! She thinks to herself

tech-no-logic
July 26th, 2007, 09:14 PM
"What? No rum?" Astrid looks at Kate with shock. She shakes her head and murmurs under her breath "Who in their right mind says no to rum? Must not be in her right mind..." She looks at the wagon Kate is pulling. "Could ya fit a barrel or two of rum in there?"

"I never would have guessed she could have done that" the bartender comments to himself as he goes back inside "but, a bet is a bet, and darned if I didn't lose that one"

tech-no-logic
July 26th, 2007, 09:23 PM
"After you" Kate replies to Astrid as she digs her heels in to get the (now much heavier) cart moving. "I hope you remember this when I need a favor" she comments wondering just how many "favors" she is going to need to give Astrid before their journey is over. Let's see, saving her from the guards and now being her pack mule; oh yeah, she had better remember this! She thinks to herself

well I have a ship.. Trace thinks to himself ..most of a crew, and a pair of lovely ladies for companions. not too bad, considering the situation I was in when I started the night. now all that is left to figure out is where to get the rest of the crew, and most important, a wind singer...Trace ponders as he walks. he suddenly snaps out of his little world, and notices Kate dragging a cart "woah....where'd that come from?" he asks Kate as if he were seeing the forge for the first time, which in a way he was. "um...you want a hand pulling it?" he asks

tech-no-logic
July 26th, 2007, 09:26 PM
as the trio nears the harbor, Astrid can see her ship in the distance. from what she can see, it looks as though her crew has been having a party, no telling if any supplies are left, or if anyone has fallen overboard. so far no guards have responded to the scene, but no telling when they might.

PantherBaebe
July 27th, 2007, 12:44 AM
Astrid half grins and shakes her head. "Can't leave 'em alone for even a minute. Blasted drunks. Watch the rum! Don't let 'em get their grubby hands on it."


as the trio nears the harbor, Astrid can see her ship in the distance. from what she can see, it looks as though her crew has been having a party, no telling if any supplies are left, or if anyone has fallen overboard. so far no guards have responded to the scene, but no telling when they might.

tech-no-logic
July 27th, 2007, 05:59 AM
Astrid half grins and shakes her head. "Can't leave 'em alone for even a minute. Blasted drunks. Watch the rum! Don't let 'em get their grubby hands on it."

as they get closer to the ship, Astrid can see that the party is still going strong. men wandering the deck drunkenly, and yelling, others playing drunken games, it's a wonder the guards haven't come to put a stop to it yet.

when Astrid says not to let the men get the rum, Trace's hand automaticly goes to the hilt of his sword, and his walk changes a little, almost into a walking fighting stance.

Anemone
July 27th, 2007, 08:51 AM
well I have a ship.. Trace thinks to himself ..most of a crew, and a pair of lovely ladies for companions. not too bad, considering the situation I was in when I started the night. now all that is left to figure out is where to get the rest of the crew, and most important, a wind singer...Trace ponders as he walks. he suddenly snaps out of his little world, and notices Kate dragging a cart "woah....where'd that come from?" he asks Kate as if he were seeing the forge for the first time, which in a way he was. "um...you want a hand pulling it?" he asks"EXCUSE ME?" Kate replies to Trace. "Where did it come from? Are you a complete idiot or just blind?" She glances towards the ship "A little late to offer to help now since we're almost there." She turns her attention towards Astrid "Do you think anyone will be sober enough to hoist it onboard? I really don't want to have to go swimming for it".

Anemone
July 27th, 2007, 08:52 AM
Astrid half grins and shakes her head. "Can't leave 'em alone for even a minute. Blasted drunks. Watch the rum! Don't let 'em get their grubby hands on it."
What am I? A watch dog now as well? Kate wonders to herself after Astrid's comment.

tech-no-logic
July 27th, 2007, 09:37 AM
"EXCUSE ME?" Kate replies to Trace. "Where did it come from? Are you a complete idiot or just blind?" She glances towards the ship "A little late to offer to help now since we're almost there." She turns her attention towards Astrid "Do you think anyone will be sober enough to hoist it onboard? I really don't want to have to go swimming for it".Trace keeps his hand on the hilt of his sword and his attention on the scene before them. "not an idiot or blind, just lost in thought" he replies to Kate

purple dragon
July 27th, 2007, 10:27 AM
"how do you know they aren't here when you won't even set a foot inside?" the guard asks the woman. "for all you know, they could be in bed asleep." he pauses, "now come on let's see for ourselves" he adds as he takes a step inside the building.

and finds himself on the receiving end of a blow to the base of his head. Turning invisible, she sprints back to the dock, dodging everything until she reaches the stables where she grabs her horse Twist, becoming visible once more.
Leaping up, she casually trots to the harbour, none of her earlier panic showing. Noticing the people who had previously mocked her, she rides up to them and shouts "any room for a paying passenger?"

tech-no-logic
July 27th, 2007, 06:55 PM
and finds himself on the receiving end of a blow to the base of his head. Turning invisible, she sprints back to the dock, dodging everything until she reaches the stables where she grabs her horse Twist, becoming visible once more.
Leaping up, she casually trots to the harbour, none of her earlier panic showing. Noticing the people who had previously mocked her, she rides up to them and shouts "any room for a paying passenger?"

the guard faulters a step, then whips around to find nothig. he hears feet running outside, but when he looks he finds nothing. he grumbles to himself, then blows on a whistle, alerting nearby guards.

Trace whips his head in the direction of a voice, and sees a readheaded woman on a horse. his hand tightens instinctually on his sword, and then relaxes as he realises what the woman shouted to them "you'd have to ask the captain that question" he replies

purple dragon
July 27th, 2007, 06:57 PM
the guard faulters a step, then whips around to find nothig. he hears feet running outside, but when he looks he finds nothing. he grumbles to himself, then blows on a whistle, alerting nearby guards.

Trace whips his head in the direction of a voice, and sees a readheaded woman on a horse. his hand tightens instinctually on his sword, and then relaxes as he realises what the woman shouted to them "you'd have to ask the captain that question" he replies

"where is she then? I'm in a bit of a hurry"

tech-no-logic
July 27th, 2007, 07:42 PM
"where is she then? I'm in a bit of a hurry"

Trace points at Astrid "right there" he replies, then looks at Kate, and shrugs

purple dragon
July 28th, 2007, 07:10 AM
Trace points at Astrid "right there" he replies, then looks at Kate, and shrugs

she repeats her question to the Captain

Anemone
July 28th, 2007, 10:39 AM
Trace keeps his hand on the hilt of his sword and his attention on the scene before them. "not an idiot or blind, just lost in thought" he replies to Kate
"Uh huh", Kate replies to Trace. She eyes his sword again. "Nice sword" she comments offhandedly.

Anemone
July 28th, 2007, 10:44 AM
"where is she then? I'm in a bit of a hurry"
"I would say so," Kate replies; noticing the woman's horse has no bridle or saddle. So, who is she running from? Kate wonders to herself.

Anemone
July 28th, 2007, 10:45 AM
(OOC: I'll be on & off today; so not sure how much I will be able to get done)

tech-no-logic
July 28th, 2007, 11:58 AM
"Uh huh", Kate replies to Trace. She eyes his sword again. "Nice sword" she comments offhandedly.
"like it?" Trace asks while continuing to watch the woman with his hand still on the hilt of his sword. "I noticed you have something quite similar" he comments to Kate. "perhaps we can find time to discuss them once we're onboard"

tech-no-logic
July 28th, 2007, 01:32 PM
she repeats her question to the Captain
before Astrid has a chance to reply the sound of an alarm being raised in the distance can be heard. "Ask her later" Trace comments to the woman as he heads towards the ship. "come on Kate move that cart we have company coming!" he calls over his shoulder

purple dragon
July 28th, 2007, 01:34 PM
she canters on board. "great, now I'm going to have to get a new set of tack..."

Anemone
July 28th, 2007, 01:37 PM
before Astrid has a chance to reply the sound of an alarm being raised in the distance can be heard. "Ask her later" Trace comments to the woman as he heads towards the ship. "come on Kate move that cart we have company coming!" he calls over his shoulder
"I'm not leaving my forge!" Kate yells at Trace as she eyes the narrow gangplank that's barely wide enough for a person to walk, that leads to the ship. She shoves her cart backwards into some freight that is sittiing on the dock and quickly covers it to make it look as if it belongs there; then hurries past the drunken men.

purple dragon
July 28th, 2007, 01:56 PM
"can you get my saddle???" she shouts "third stable on the right", getting off Twist and tethreing him so he can be hoisted aboard

Anemone
July 28th, 2007, 02:30 PM
"can you get my saddle???" she shouts "third stable on the right", getting off Twist and tethreing him so he can be hoisted aboard
Kate looks at the woman "I know you don't mean me!" she replies

purple dragon
July 28th, 2007, 02:42 PM
Kate looks at the woman "I know you don't mean me!" she replies

"well it is in the same stable where you were working...I saw your forge as I was leaving." she says
"Please? It's comfatable enough riding bareback, but I still have lots of travelling ahead of me, and to carry all this stuff on my back will hinder my progress"

Anemone
July 28th, 2007, 04:42 PM
"well it is in the same stable where you were working...I saw your forge as I was leaving." she says
"Please? It's comfatable enough riding bareback, but I still have lots of travelling ahead of me, and to carry all this stuff on my back will hinder my progress"
"Really? You saw my forge? No kidding since I was dragging it behind me when you arrived. I doubt you saw it at a stable though if that's where you just came from." Kate replies to the woman. "And I never worked at a stables; so why should I go steal a saddle for some stranger? You should have taken the time to saddle that horse before you stole it" she adds as she boards the ship. Kate turns and looks at the woman, "Hindering or helping you and your progress is the least of my concerns."

purple dragon
July 28th, 2007, 04:51 PM
"great" she sprints off to get the tack, shouting over her shoulder "I did not steal it, I paid god money for it thank you very much" before turning invisible

tech-no-logic
July 28th, 2007, 05:54 PM
"well it is in the same stable where you were working...I saw your forge as I was leaving." she says
"Please? It's comfatable enough riding bareback, but I still have lots of travelling ahead of me, and to carry all this stuff on my back will hinder my progress"
Trace turns to the woman "if you want to go back and put your neck in a noose be my guest. but around here you're apt to find that when an alarm is sounded you won't find any who will volunteer for that job especially for something as trivial as tack"

purple dragon
July 28th, 2007, 06:02 PM
Trace turns to the woman "if you want to go back and put your neck in a noose be my guest. but around here you're apt to find that when an alarm is sounded you won't find any who will volunteer for that job especially for something as trivial as tack"

especially as it's for me "I suppose I can buy some new tack..." she says, turning back to her horse "Just as well I can hunt really...seeing as the new tacks probably going to cost me every penny I've got..."

tech-no-logic
July 28th, 2007, 06:21 PM
"great" she sprints off to get the tack, shouting over her shoulder "I did not steal it, I paid god money for it thank you very much" before turning invisible
Trace raises an eyebrow when he sees the woman disappear

tech-no-logic
July 28th, 2007, 06:25 PM
especially as it's for me "I suppose I can buy some new tack..." she says, turning back to her horse "Just as well I can hunt really...seeing as the new tacks probably going to cost me every penny I've got..."
Trace looks at the woman quizically wondering about the whole disappearing act then says "just between me and you, I would be selling that horse come morning. you look as if you could use the coin and it would only take up room on a ship. not to mention I doubt our good captain here has stalls or grain"

purple dragon
July 28th, 2007, 06:46 PM
"there is not a hope in hell of me giving up Twist."

tech-no-logic
July 28th, 2007, 06:50 PM
"there is not a hope in hell of me giving up Twist."
Trace rubs his chin for a moment. "then stable the horse, you'll end up owing the stablemaster whatever they charge but you already said you had it in a stable so it shouldn't be a problem for you to pay them to keep it while you're away"

purple dragon
July 28th, 2007, 06:53 PM
Trace rubs his chin for a moment. "then stable the horse, you'll end up owing the stablemaster whatever they charge but you already said you had it in a stable so it shouldn't be a problem for you to pay them to keep it while you're away"

"I'm not planning on coming back here anytime soon, and I need him for my journey" she says "and he means far too much to me to leave here anyway."

tech-no-logic
July 28th, 2007, 07:06 PM
"I'm not planning on coming back here anytime soon, and I need him for my journey" she says "and he means far too much to me to leave here anyway."
"well, do you have grain for it?" Trace asks "I mean I guess they eat grain don't they?" he asks the woman "though I suppose if the crew gets hungry enough they could always eat it"

purple dragon
July 28th, 2007, 07:17 PM
"well, do you have grain for it?" Trace asks "I mean I guess they eat grain don't they?" he asks the woman "though I suppose if the crew gets hungry enough they could always eat it"

She throws him a glare "The grain is in that barrel over there."

PantherBaebe
July 28th, 2007, 07:34 PM
Astrid hurries on her ship, casting the woman a quick glance. "Come aboard and we'll discuss the terms later. If we can't come to an agreement, I'll just throw ya overboard!" She eyes the horse up. "I don't know where yer plannin' to keep that..."

purple dragon
July 28th, 2007, 07:45 PM
Astrid hurries on her ship, casting the woman a quick glance. "Come aboard and we'll discuss the terms later. If we can't come to an agreement, I'll just throw ya overboard!" She eyes the horse up. "I don't know where yer plannin' to keep that..."

"just give me a sheltered corner to keep it and I'll take care of everything else" she promises

tech-no-logic
July 28th, 2007, 08:33 PM
She throws him a glare "The grain is in that barrel over there."
Trace walks over and looks inside the barrel "what? this? he dips his hand in and pulls it out dripping wet "nothing but fresh water in there" he comments to the woman

tech-no-logic
July 28th, 2007, 08:43 PM
Astrid hurries on her ship, casting the woman a quick glance. "Come aboard and we'll discuss the terms later. If we can't come to an agreement, I'll just throw ya overboard!" She eyes the horse up. "I don't know where yer plannin' to keep that..."
Trace looks over at Astrid "any idea how to get your men under control? without keel hauling them that is"

purple dragon
July 29th, 2007, 04:33 AM
Trace walks over and looks inside the barrel "what? this? he dips his hand in and pulls it out dripping wet "nothing but fresh water in there" he comments to the woman

Ravenna walks over to the barrel herself. "Great. If it were'nt for the fact I'm rather in a hurry I would go kick that merchant back to the hole he crawled out of" she says to Trace

Anemone
July 29th, 2007, 08:00 AM
Ravenna walks over to the barrel herself. "Great. If it were'nt for the fact I'm rather in a hurry I would go kick that merchant back to the hole he crawled out of" she says to Trace
Kate eyes the woman, "So you knew you were going on a voyage; bought a barrel that was supposed to have grain in it; come here telling us you are in a hurry yet haven't even booked passage on a ship and yet came here without your saddle and bridle? I don't think so. More likely you stole that horse; are running from the guards and want us to believe you own a barrel of grain!"

purple dragon
July 29th, 2007, 08:06 AM
Kate eyes the woman, "So you knew you were going on a voyage; bought a barrel that was supposed to have grain in it; come here telling us you are in a hurry yet haven't even booked passage on a ship and yet came here without your saddle and bridle? I don't think so. More likely you stole that horse; are running from the guards and want us to believe you own a barrel of grain!"

She turns to the woman "For your information, I paid for this horse out of my own pocket and have been his owner for 3 years now, and I also like to be prepared and so therefor aways make arrangements for grain to be provided at a moments notice, however, this time, my contact did not carry out his end of the bargain."

Anemone
July 29th, 2007, 11:39 AM
She turns to the woman "For your information, I paid for this horse out of my own pocket and have been his owner for 3 years now, and I also like to be prepared and so therefor aways make arrangements for grain to be provided at a moments notice, however, this time, my contact did not carry out his end of the bargain."

Kate smirks at the woman "Yeah right. You like to be prepared, that's why you came here without a saddle and bridle on your horse? Likely story, I still say you're a thief." She turns around, and walks away.

purple dragon
July 29th, 2007, 11:46 AM
Kate smirks at the woman "Yeah right. You like to be prepared, that's why you came here without a saddle and bridle on your horse? Likely story, I still say you're a thief." She turns around, and walks away.

"be that as it may, I did pay for my horse, and I am going to pay to get out of here."

PantherBaebe
July 29th, 2007, 12:27 PM
"Listen up men!" Astrid yells. "There's some rum on a cart down there! Get yer butts in gear and get it up here before the guards come! Then get this ship out of port! Hurry up, you drunken lards!" She looks at Kate then yells another command. "Oh and bring up that travelling forge too!" Her crew sober up a bit at the mention of rum and guards, and start scrambling to follow her orders.


Trace looks over at Astrid "any idea how to get your men under control? without keel hauling them that is"

tech-no-logic
July 29th, 2007, 12:46 PM
"Listen up men!" Astrid yells. "There's some rum on a cart down there! Get yer butts in gear and get it up here before the guards come! Then get this ship out of port! Hurry up, you drunken lards!" She looks at Kate then yells another command. "Oh and bring up that travelling forge too!" Her crew sober up a bit at the mention of rum and guards, and start scrambling to follow her orders.

Trace walks over to Astrid, and whispers in her ear "there are still some matters to be discussed before we go too far"

PantherBaebe
July 29th, 2007, 12:51 PM
Astrid waves a hand dismissingly. "Fine fine." She looks at Ravenna. "A ship is no place for a horse. It ain't going below deck and there's no cover above. But if you can think of something to do with it by tonight then it can stay. If you can't, well..." She shrugs and looks out at the harbor to see if the guards are coming.


Trace walks over to Astrid, and whispers in her ear "there are still some matters to be discussed before we go too far"

tech-no-logic
July 29th, 2007, 12:53 PM
Astrid waves a hand dismissingly. "Fine fine." She looks at Ravenna. "A ship is no place for a horse. It ain't going below deck and there's no cover above. But if you can think of something to do with it by tonight then it can stay. If you can't, well..." She shrugs and looks out at the harbor to see if the guards are coming.

the alarm sounds closer, but no guards have arrived yet

purple dragon
July 29th, 2007, 12:54 PM
she looks somehwhat pleadingly back at the Captain "don't you have a livestock pen or anything"

PantherBaebe
July 29th, 2007, 01:00 PM
"Does my ship look like a stockyards to you, girl?" Astrid laughs. "Ah just tie her up over there," Astrid points to a rail at the side of the ship, "for now and you can think of something else to do once we're out of here. I'm not accepting passengers, but you can join my crew. That means you do what yer told or else I send ya overboard. Ya go that?"


she looks somehwhat pleadingly back at the Captain "don't you have a livestock pen or anything"

purple dragon
July 29th, 2007, 01:04 PM
"thank you so much!!" she says, rushing off to move her horse, and giving it a hug, so hapy she would not have to loose her friend

PantherBaebe
July 29th, 2007, 01:08 PM
Astrid looks down at the horse and at her narrow gangplank. "On second thought, girl, yer horse isn't going to get up this gangplank. She's goin to have to be hoisted. But if ya want my men to do that kind of work, it'll be costing you..." She continues to keep an eye out for guards, rather paranoid.


"thank you so much!!" she says, rushing off to move her horse, and giving it a hug, so hapy she would not have to loose her friend

tech-no-logic
July 29th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Trace shakes his head, and walks up the narrow gang plank, and onto the ship. he finds Kate helping the sailors to get her forge below deck. "so...you never did say why you want to get out of town so bad....it's going to be a long voyage if the captain accepts my offer...and I think she will."

tech-no-logic
July 29th, 2007, 01:15 PM
Astrid looks down at the horse and at her narrow gangplank. "On second thought, girl, yer horse isn't going to get up this gangplank. She's goin to have to be hoisted. But if ya want my men to do that kind of work, it'll be costing you..." She continues to keep an eye out for guards, rather paranoid.

Astrid, and the rest of the group can now hear the distant shouting of the guards, as well as the alarm.

PantherBaebe
July 29th, 2007, 01:16 PM
Astrid keeps an eye on her crewman carrying the rum. "Don't you open that! You put that away!" She looks at Ravenna then at Trace. "I'm interested in hearing both..." She glances out to where the sounds of the guards is getting louder. "I suggest we all head below deck and keep it quiet until the guards pass by."


Trace shakes his head, and walks up the narrow gang plank, and onto the ship. he finds Kate helping the sailors to get her forge below deck. "so...you never did say why you want to get out of town so bad....it's going to be a long voyage if the captain accepts my offer...and I think she will."

tech-no-logic
July 29th, 2007, 01:23 PM
Astrid keeps an eye on her crewman carrying the rum. "Don't you open that! You put that away!" She looks at Ravenna then at Trace. "I'm interested in hearing both..." She glances out to where the sounds of the guards is getting louder. "I suggest we all head below deck and keep it quiet until the guards pass by."

"a superb idea" Trace replies to Astrid without looking as the forge is settled below deck

a grizzled looking sailor walks over to Astrid "the usual story cap?" he asks, nodding toward the guards who are now coming into view. "me an' tha boys'll handle it as always"

Anemone
July 29th, 2007, 01:26 PM
Trace shakes his head, and walks up the narrow gang plank, and onto the ship. he finds Kate helping the sailors to get her forge below deck. "so...you never did say why you want to get out of town so bad....it's going to be a long voyage if the captain accepts my offer...and I think she will."

Kate only half listens to Trace; more concerned about her forge "Later" she replies "When we don't have guards breathing down our necks."

tech-no-logic
July 29th, 2007, 01:29 PM
Kate only half listens to Trace; more concerned about her forge "Later" she replies "When we don't have guards breathing down our necks."

"ok" Trace replies "well...I don't know about you, but I think I'm heading below now" he says as he heads below decks

purple dragon
July 29th, 2007, 01:30 PM
Astrid looks down at the horse and at her narrow gangplank. "On second thought, girl, yer horse isn't going to get up this gangplank. She's goin to have to be hoisted. But if ya want my men to do that kind of work, it'll be costing you..." She continues to keep an eye out for guards, rather paranoid.

"I know nothing about how to hoist a horse on to a ship, so how much is it gonna cost me?" she asks the captain, keeping out of view of the guards

PantherBaebe
July 29th, 2007, 01:30 PM
Astrid nods to the sailor. "Aye." She looks at Ravenna. "Ya best tie yer horse up somewhere out of sight for now. We're headin' below deck till this blows over." Astrid leads them down and into her quarters. "We can talk in here."


"a superb idea" Trace replies to Astrid without looking as the forge is settled below deck

a grizzled looking sailor walks over to Astrid "the usual story cap?" he asks, nodding toward the guards who are now coming into view. "me an' tha boys'll handle it as always"

Anemone
July 29th, 2007, 01:32 PM
"ok" Trace replies "well...I don't know about you, but I think I'm heading below now" he says as he heads below decks

Kate continues to ignore Trace as she turns to one of the sailors, asking what she can do to help them get under way.

tech-no-logic
July 29th, 2007, 01:36 PM
Kate continues to ignore Trace as she turns to one of the sailors, asking what she can do to help them get under way.

Trace grabs Kate by the arm"later. capitan's quarters now!" he says, and gives her a tug

purple dragon
July 29th, 2007, 01:39 PM
Astrid nods to the sailor. "Aye." She looks at Ravenna. "Ya best tie yer horse up somewhere out of sight for now. We're headin' below deck till this blows over." Astrid leads them down and into her quarters. "We can talk in here."

She quickly enters the quarters, and tres not to let her physical relaxation show too much

PantherBaebe
July 29th, 2007, 01:49 PM
Astrid looks at the three of them as she sits in a big wooden chair. "Well I suppose we best get everything out in the open. Trace, what's your offer?"

tech-no-logic
July 29th, 2007, 01:51 PM
Astrid looks at the three of them as she sits in a big wooden chair. "Well I suppose we best get everything out in the open. Trace, what's your offer?"

Trace looks around at everyone "no offence, but I'd prefer to know about the other two before I put that on the table" he replies to Astrid"why don't we start with the newest arrival" he says as he points at the red haired woman

PantherBaebe
July 29th, 2007, 01:52 PM
"Fair enough." Astrid replies and looks at the woman. "So, what's your story?"


Trace looks around at everyone "no offence, but I'd prefer to know about the other two before I put that on the table" he replies to Astrid"why don't we start with the newest arrival" he says as he points at the red haired woman

purple dragon
July 29th, 2007, 01:53 PM
Trace looks around at everyone "no offence, but I'd prefer to know about the other two before I put that on the table" he replies to Astrid"why don't we start with the newest arrival" he says as he points at the red haired woman

"Thanks." she says drily "So, what d'you want to know?"

PantherBaebe
July 29th, 2007, 01:58 PM
"Everything." Astrid shrugs. "What's your name? Where you going? Why you in such a rush to leave?" She glances at Kate, then back to the woman. "And did you or did you not steal that horse?"


"Thanks." she says drily "So, what d'you want to know?"

purple dragon
July 29th, 2007, 02:07 PM
"Everything." Astrid shrugs. "What's your name? Where you going? Why you in such a rush to leave?" She glances at Kate, then back to the woman. "And did you or did you not steal that horse?"

"My name is Ravenna" she begins "and the reason why I'm in a hurry is because of all those guards out there, courtesy of the fact that one of them was trying to escort me to a non existant home."
"As to the horse, I bought him several years back after my parents died and I was left to fend for myself. I admit that...some of the things I did where not honorable, but I earnt most of my money as a travelling entertainer" she pulls out her flute

PantherBaebe
July 29th, 2007, 02:21 PM
"Well I'm Astrid. A pleasure, I'm sure." Astrid smiles coyly. "Where you wanting to go?"


"My name is Ravenna" she begins "and the reason why I'm in a hurry is because of all those guards out there, courtesy of the fact that one of them was trying to escort me to a non existant home."
"As to the horse, I bought him several years back after my parents died and I was left to fend for myself. I admit that...some of the things I did where not honorable, but I earnt most of my money as a travelling entertainer" she pulls out her flute

purple dragon
July 29th, 2007, 02:25 PM
"Well I'm Astrid. A pleasure, I'm sure." Astrid smiles coyly. "Where you wanting to go?"

"anywhere but here. If we stop somewhere and I like the look of it, then I'll depart there"

tech-no-logic
July 29th, 2007, 02:29 PM
OOC: gotta go cut some grass....back in a bit

PantherBaebe
July 29th, 2007, 03:04 PM
Astrid nods. "Fair enough." She looks at Kate. "And you?"


"anywhere but here. If we stop somewhere and I like the look of it, then I'll depart there"

Anemone
July 29th, 2007, 03:25 PM
"anywhere but here. If we stop somewhere and I like the look of it, then I'll depart there"
Kate laughs at the woman "so much for planning your journeys as you claimed. And I'll still wager you didn't buy a barrel of grain"

Anemone
July 29th, 2007, 03:28 PM
Astrid nods. "Fair enough." She looks at Kate. "And you?"
Kate glares at the woman then looks at Astrid "I'll keep my story to the bare minimum if you don't mind. Let's just say I'm looking for a new place to set up shop. I don't much care for the local government and how they run things."

purple dragon
July 29th, 2007, 03:28 PM
Kate laughs at the woman "so much for planning your journeys as you claimed. And I'll still wager you didn't buy a barrel of grain"

she grins sheepishly "ok, I admit I was wrong about that. but I am normally prepared to leave in a hurry, just, not this time"

tech-no-logic
July 29th, 2007, 03:32 PM
she grins sheepishly "ok, I admit I was wrong about that. but I am normally prepared to leave in a hurry, just, not this time"
Trace looks at the woman "wrong about being prepared or about buying a barrel of grain?" he asks

tech-no-logic
July 29th, 2007, 03:33 PM
Kate glares at the woman then looks at Astrid "I'll keep my story to the bare minimum if you don't mind. Let's just say I'm looking for a new place to set up shop. I don't much care for the local government and how they run things."Trace raises an eyebrow and leans over to whisper into Kate's ear "I expect the full story later on" he winks "in private"

Anemone
July 29th, 2007, 03:39 PM
Trace raises an eyebrow and leans over to whisper into Kate's ear "I expect the full story later on" he winks "in private"
"You wish" Kate replies as she steps on Trace's foot.

purple dragon
July 29th, 2007, 03:41 PM
Trace looks at the woman "wrong about being prepared or about buying a barrel of grain?" he asks

"the grain." she admits "a woman who does what I do, have to be prepared to leave at a moments notice. Unfortunately, this time I was caught unawares"

PantherBaebe
July 29th, 2007, 03:43 PM
"Good. I wouldn't much want you on my boat if you did care for the local government." Astrid laughs. "So Trace. Tell me this proposition. I am quite eager to hear it."


Kate glares at the woman then looks at Astrid "I'll keep my story to the bare minimum if you don't mind. Let's just say I'm looking for a new place to set up shop. I don't much care for the local government and how they run things."

Anemone
July 29th, 2007, 03:43 PM
"the grain." she admits "a woman who does what I do, have to be prepared to leave at a moments notice. Unfortunately, this time I was caught unawares"

Kate rolls her eyes at the woman "Uh-huh"

purple dragon
July 29th, 2007, 03:45 PM
Kate rolls her eyes at the woman "Uh-huh"

She raises an eyebrow, but says no more

tech-no-logic
July 29th, 2007, 04:00 PM
"Good. I wouldn't much want you on my boat if you did care for the local government." Astrid laughs. "So Trace. Tell me this proposition. I am quite eager to hear it."

Trace eyes everyone for a oment, trying to decide just how much to divulge in this room, with it's current population. he produces a small gold figurine, it is exquisitely made and looks to be some sort of exotic cat, the likes of which nobody in the room has ever seen before "I'm sure you all have heard the old stories of ancient buried treasure on Islands far from here" he begins "I'm not sure how much of them you all believe, but I for one do believe, because this is proof" he says as he sets the figurine on the table, keeping his hand close enough to snag it should anybody get any ideas. "an I just happen to know where to find the treasure hoard that this little beauty came from." he says with a wide grin "interested in hearing more?" he asks Astrid

PantherBaebe
July 29th, 2007, 04:01 PM
"Very." Astrid reaches out her hand to pick up the figurine, glancing at Trace for permission.


Trace eyes everyone for a oment, trying to decide just how much to divulge in this room, with it's current population. he produces a small gold figurine, it is exquisitely made and looks to be some sort of exotic cat, the likes of which nobody in the room has ever seen before "I'm sure you all have heard the old stories of ancient buried treasure on Islands far from here" he begins "I'm not sure how much of them you all believe, but I for one do believe, because this is proof" he says as he sets the figurine on the table, keeping his hand close enough to snag it should anybody get any ideas. "an I just happen to know where to find the treasure hoard that this little beauty came from." he says with a wide grin "interested in hearing more?" he asks Astrid

Anemone
July 29th, 2007, 04:06 PM
Trace eyes everyone for a oment, trying to decide just how much to divulge in this room, with it's current population. he produces a small gold figurine, it is exquisitely made and looks to be some sort of exotic cat, the likes of which nobody in the room has ever seen before "I'm sure you all have heard the old stories of ancient buried treasure on Islands far from here" he begins "I'm not sure how much of them you all believe, but I for one do believe, because this is proof" he says as he sets the figurine on the table, keeping his hand close enough to snag it should anybody get any ideas. "an I just happen to know where to find the treasure hoard that this little beauty came from." he says with a wide grin "interested in hearing more?" he asks Astrid

"I still think you're an idiot" Kate replies to Trace "but frankly, I don't care if you're traveling to the ends of the earth; just so long as I can get away from here." She pauses "Cute cat, or whatever it is, but I think I'd be more interested in the live ones. Gold just has a way of getting a person killed, speaking from recent experience."

tech-no-logic
July 29th, 2007, 04:12 PM
"I still think you're an idiot" Kate replies to Trace "but frankly, I don't care if you're traveling to the ends of the earth; just so long as I can get away from here." She pauses "Cute cat, or whatever it is, but I think I'd be more interested in the live ones. Gold just has a way of getting a person killed, speaking from recent experience."

Trace shrugs "I may be, but idiots tend not to live long, and I stand breathing before you, so I must be doing something right" he laughs "traveling to the ends of the earth? you have no idea just how close you are." he looks at the figurine "what you do with your gold is your choice, and it's not the gold that gets people killed, it's letting others know you have it"

purple dragon
July 29th, 2007, 04:13 PM
"I'll help you" she says to Trace "That is, if you want my help of course"

tech-no-logic
July 29th, 2007, 04:16 PM
"Very." Astrid reaches out her hand to pick up the figurine, glancing at Trace for permission.

Trace slides the figurine to Astrid to examine "trust me, it's real" he comments "now...my proposal" he pauses for a moment "you give me use of your ship, and crew....you can still order them around, but I dictate where we go. you help me obtain a wind singer, promise not to put that cutlass in my back, or anyplace else..uh..delicate, and get me to the treasure, and you'll get your share" he finishes with a slightly predatory grin "cross me, and this goes for any of you, and you won't live to regret it"

tech-no-logic
July 29th, 2007, 04:20 PM
"I'll help you" she says to Trace "That is, if you want my help of course"
Trace looks at Raveena for a moment "if I remember correctly....you just signed on as crew, so you don't have much choice, if the good captain decides to take me up on my offer" he says with a laugh

purple dragon
July 29th, 2007, 04:23 PM
Trace looks at Raveena for a moment "if I remember correctly....you just signed on as crew, so you don't have much choice, if the good captain decides to take me up on my offer" he says with a laugh

she laughs as well "true...true, but then again, it's always nice to know you have illing help"

PantherBaebe
July 29th, 2007, 04:24 PM
Astrid nods thoughtfully as she turns the figurine in her hands. She places it back on the table and looks Trace in the eye. "I want 50% of the loot."


Trace slides the figurine to Astrid to examine "trust me, it's real" he comments "now...my proposal" he pauses for a moment "you give me use of your ship, and crew....you can still order them around, but I dictate where we go. you help me obtain a wind singer, promise not to put that cutlass in my back, or anyplace else..uh..delicate, and get me to the treasure, and you'll get your share" he finishes with a slightly predatory grin "cross me, and this goes for any of you, and you won't live to regret it"

tech-no-logic
July 29th, 2007, 04:29 PM
Astrid nods thoughtfully as she turns the figurine in her hands. She places it back on the table and looks Trace in the eye. "I want 50% of the loot."

"HA!" Trace barks "fifty percent? I don't like you that much, and I'm not THAT desperate. there are other ships in the harbor, and plenty of harbors in the ocean....you know..fifteen gold is the going rate to hire a ship, and her captain...I'll give you ten percent, which is a LOT more than the fifteen gold going rate" he replies to Astrid

tech-no-logic
July 29th, 2007, 04:31 PM
she laughs as well "true...true, but then again, it's always nice to know you have illing help"

Trace laughs "for the amount of gold I'm talking about.....there aren't many who wouldn't be willing"

PantherBaebe
July 29th, 2007, 04:31 PM
Astrid grins at Trace. "I'm worth a hell of a lot more then the going rate. You get what you pay for. 40% and no less."


"HA!" Trace barks "fifty percent? I don't like you that much, and I'm not THAT desperate. there are other ships in the harbor, and plenty of harbors in the ocean....you know..fifteen gold is the going rate to hire a ship, and her captain...I'll give you ten percent, which is a LOT more than the fifteen gold going rate" he replies to Astrid

purple dragon
July 29th, 2007, 04:33 PM
Trace laughs "for the amount of gold I'm talking about.....there aren't many who wouldn't be willing"

"I would have volunteered anyway, I like a bit of adventure" she smiles

Anemone
July 29th, 2007, 04:34 PM
Trace laughs "for the amount of gold I'm talking about.....there aren't many who wouldn't be willing"

Kate shakes her head "I'm only here to keep my neck out of a noose. I don't care about your gold, besides the captain is giving me passage for weapons making, so I shouldn't even be here for this conversation. I think I should be leaving" she comments to Trace as she finally lifts her foot off of his.

tech-no-logic
July 29th, 2007, 04:37 PM
Astrid grins at Trace. "I'm worth hell of a lot more then the going rate. You get what you pay for. 40% and no less."

"twentyand no more" Trace replies as he leans across the table, and plucks the figurine from Astrid's hand

tech-no-logic
July 29th, 2007, 04:39 PM
"I would have volunteered anyway, I like a bit of adventure" she smiles

"this is more than just a BIT of adventure" Trace comments to Raveena

PantherBaebe
July 29th, 2007, 04:39 PM
Astrid casually removes her hat and fingers the feather. "35."


"twentyand no more" Trace replies as he leans across the table, and plucks the figurine from Astrid's hand

tech-no-logic
July 29th, 2007, 04:42 PM
Kate shakes her head "I'm only here to keep my neck out of a noose. I don't care about your gold, besides the captain is giving me passage for weapons making, so I shouldn't even be here for this conversation. I think I should be leaving" she comments to Trace as she finally lifts her foot off of his.

Trace shrugs "more for me then" he replies "not that I was offering to share it with you anyway" he says with a smile

purple dragon
July 29th, 2007, 04:42 PM
"this is more than just a BIT of adventure" Trace comments to Raveena

"Perfect" she smiles "all I need now is a new set of tack, and I'm ready for anything"

tech-no-logic
July 29th, 2007, 04:44 PM
Astrid casually removes her hat and fingers the feather. "35."

"twenty five" Trace replies, and casually leans against the wall of the cabin

Anemone
July 29th, 2007, 04:45 PM
"Perfect" she smiles "all I need now is a new set of tack, and I'm ready for anything"
"Funny" Kate replies to the woman as she turns to go "I don't remember him offering to share the treasure with you either."

Anemone
July 29th, 2007, 04:48 PM
Trace shrugs "more for me then" he replies "not that I was offering to share it with you anyway" he says with a smileKate brushes past Trace "That's fine by me; just don't come whining to me when you need anything" she pauses and turns to Astrid "I'll go give the rest of the crew a hand; we can talk later about what I owe you for passage". She turns and heads out the door ignoring anything else Trace or the woman have to say.

purple dragon
July 29th, 2007, 04:49 PM
"Funny" Kate replies to the woman as she turns to go "I don't remember him offering to share the treasure with you either."

"I'm not expecting a share, I'm just in it for the fun." she shouts after her

PantherBaebe
July 29th, 2007, 04:49 PM
Astrid nods to Kate as she leaves. She puts her feet up on the table. "30."


"twenty five" Trace replies, and casually leans against the wall of the cabin

tech-no-logic
July 29th, 2007, 04:51 PM
Astrid nods to Kate as she leaves. She puts her feet up on the table. "30."

Trace rubs his chin a moment, then folds his arms across his chest "thirty it is then" he replies as he offers a hand to Astrid

PantherBaebe
July 29th, 2007, 04:52 PM
Astrid shakes Trace's hand. "Ah good good. Care for a rum?"



Trace rubs his chin a moment, then folds his arms across his chest "thirty it is then" he replies as he offers a hand to Astrid

purple dragon
July 29th, 2007, 04:54 PM
Ravenna rises. "I'm going to see if everything's ok up there...I want to see how Twist is coping"

tech-no-logic
July 29th, 2007, 04:55 PM
Astrid shakes Trace's hand. "Ah good good. Care for a rum?"

"do you have to ask?" Trace replies as they can feel the ship's movement under their feet

Anemone
July 29th, 2007, 04:56 PM
"I hate the sea!" they hear Kate yell through the closed door as she stumbles on deck.

tech-no-logic
July 29th, 2007, 05:00 PM
Ravenna rises. "I'm going to see if everything's ok up there...I want to see how Twist is coping"

"coping with the guards?" Trace asks

purple dragon
July 29th, 2007, 05:02 PM
"coping with the guards?" Trace asks

"with the guards??!" she asks, worriedly "oh no, please no" she rushes out

PantherBaebe
July 29th, 2007, 05:02 PM
Astrid gets up to pour them rum when she feels the ships movement. "I think we're at sea! Did that girl get her horse on board?" She pours two rums and hands one to Trace. "Let's say we take these up and see what has transpired."


"do you have to ask?" Trace replies as they can feel the ship's movement under their feet

tech-no-logic
July 29th, 2007, 05:04 PM
Astrid gets up to pour them rum when she feels the ships movement. "I think we're at sea! Did that girl get her horse on board?" She pours two rums and hands one to Trace. "Let's say we take these up and see what has transpired."

"dunno what we would have done with it if she had" Trace replies with a laugh "no grain, no hay, no straw, and nowhere to put it on the ship" he takes the rum "let's"

PantherBaebe
July 29th, 2007, 05:07 PM
Astrid laughs. "Aye." She leaves her quarters and heads up to see what is going on.


"dunno what we would have done with it if she had" Trace replies with a laugh "no grain, no hay, no straw, and nowhere to put it on the ship" he takes the rum "let's"

tech-no-logic
July 29th, 2007, 05:08 PM
Astrid laughs. "Aye." She leaves her quarters and heads up to see what is going on.

Trace folows her, drinkng his rum as he goes