PDA

View Full Version : New CR website

Seren_
July 27th, 2007, 07:01 AM
http://www.gaolnaofa.org/

I saw this on the cr-r livejournal, but it seems like it's worth looking at so thought I'd post it here too :)

Morag Elasaid Ni Dhomhnaill
July 27th, 2007, 08:00 AM
Looks like it might be interesting. We'll have to see how it develops.

Seren_
July 27th, 2007, 08:32 AM
Yeah, it looks like it might be aiming at the sort of things imbas tried to do before it got bogged down in all the legal stuff.

Morr
July 27th, 2007, 09:23 AM
Very cool, thanks!

Morag Elasaid Ni Dhomhnaill
July 27th, 2007, 12:30 PM
Let's hope that's exactly what it does. I'll definitely be watching it.

Morr
July 27th, 2007, 12:35 PM
I am very interested.

Though the part about pristhood they were talking about somewhere in there was wierd to me. I thought there was no official clergy for CR. So I am a bit confused, but looking forward to seeing what it turns out to be like. I might join the forums.

Seren_
July 27th, 2007, 03:24 PM
Yeah, as far as I know there isn't, officially, but I've seen individual groups who refer to their clergy, or people involved in group ritual that refer to themselves as such. It's not something that's relevant to me, as a solitary, and I think the CR FAQ says as much as well. Solitary's or small family groups tend not to need the concept of clergy, fulfilling the role for themselves.

Nitefalle
August 7th, 2007, 09:55 AM
It is interesting that they use the term "Gaelic" peoples, rather than "Celtic". Gaelic refers to a much smaller group than Celtic does, so are they only concerned with Irish and Scottish spirituality? Are they basing it on language?

Also, for membership, they said you must be a practicing polytheist.....what are they going to do, come over and inspect my altar?? :hehehehe: I just thought that was funny, it makes me think of Wylde Dryad's little picture in her signature...."I'm in your hostel, breaking your geasa". Pagan Mafia - breaking the legs of your goddess statues if they don't get what they want! :lol:

Seren_
August 8th, 2007, 03:36 PM
It is interesting that they use the term "Gaelic" peoples, rather than "Celtic". Gaelic refers to a much smaller group than Celtic does, so are they only concerned with Irish and Scottish spirituality? Are they basing it on language?

I think it's sensible to focus on a specific culture (or subgroup of Celtic cultures...) in some respects, but they perhaps need to clarify their position on it.

Also, for membership, they said you must be a practicing polytheist.....what are they going to do, come over and inspect my altar?? :hehehehe: I just thought that was funny, it makes me think of Wylde Dryad's little picture in her signature...."I'm in your hostel, breaking your geasa". Pagan Mafia - breaking the legs of your goddess statues if they don't get what they want! :lol:

:T

Seren_
August 10th, 2007, 08:34 AM
Hi Tomas, welcome to the forums. And no apologies needed! Things change, it's the nature of the beast :) I see it's been discussed already anyway.

Nitefalle
August 10th, 2007, 09:59 AM
Welcome, Tomas!!! Hope you enjoy this forum as much as I've enjoyed yours! :cheers:

blithespirit
August 11th, 2007, 11:36 PM
Wow, looks like a wonderful site! And welcome, cousin Tomas!

(My grandmother's maiden name is Flanary. ;) )

Nitefalle
November 16th, 2007, 12:56 PM
Whoo hoo, I just joined! :fpartyfav I'm excited to see this organization take off! Thanks Tomas for making the membership free & accessible to everyone.

odubhain
November 26th, 2007, 09:10 PM
I just wanted to add that we are now accepting members, more information about membership can be found on our website here (http://www.gaolnaofa.org/membership.html).
The "n" and "f' in the Ogham (in gaolnaofa) for the link are reversed.

Searles

Seren_
November 28th, 2007, 05:15 PM
Tomas, it occurred to me that perhaps a link here to the yahoo group you've set up would be helpful (because I went looking for it to join and it took a while for me to look in the obvious place 'c0s I'm dumb*):

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/anchuallachtghaolnaofaCGN/

As well as directly to the forums on your website:

http://z11.invisionfree.com/Ghaol_Naofa/index.php?

*I prefer 'sleep deprived combined with baby brain' though, but it doesn't roll off the tongue.

Stoirmeacha
February 23rd, 2008, 12:07 PM
As I've stated on the GN forums, we are now Gaelic in focus. I apologize for the confusion caused by the sudden change.
Where are the GN forums. Newbie, here, so I am really lost.

Nevermind, I get it now...

Ainwyn
July 8th, 2008, 12:08 PM
Wow! You're site is amazing Tomas :) I sent in an application for membership, but I'm not sure if it went through or not... I'm gonna go back and read more on the site now!