PDA

View Full Version : YT Atheists are kicking some serrious butt

SSanf
August 1st, 2007, 06:05 PM
A lot of atheists have been banned or had their videos taken down. So, they are doing a little demonstration of strength. They picked one video to show their numbers and are pushing it to the top of the lists just to show they are there and can make some noise.

It is a funny little video. They are getting it all the top honors, today.

So far, after being up only 4 hours, here is how things stand.

#22 - Top Rated (Today)
#8 - Top Rated (Today) - People & Blogs
#3 - Most Discussed (Today)
#1 - Most Discussed (Today) - People & Blogs
#21 - Top Favorites (Today)
#5 - Top Favorites (Today) - People & Blogs
#2 - Most Responded (Today)
#5 - Most Responded (This Week)
#18 - Most Responded (This Month)

By the end of the day it should have every honor out there or close to it. That should PROVE atheists are out there and can make an impact. It should also show that they can too get organized!

Here is the video. It's called "Hi there! I'm God! (relaunch)".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zjctg9CjkGg

Xentor
August 2nd, 2007, 06:24 AM
Hmmm...

We already know there are atheists out there. Old news.

More important: which of their videos get taken down? And why? And how do we know?

SSanf
August 2nd, 2007, 06:52 AM
Hmmm...

We already know there are atheists out there. Old news.

More important: which of their videos get taken down? And why? And how do we know?YT goes by a flagging system. If a video is flagged a lot, they often don't even look at it. They just pull the video.

There is a gang of Muslims that do a mass flagging of any video they take offense to and the video gets pulled. If they don't like a member, they will gang up and start flagging all their videos regardless of content. If you have too many videos pulled, you can lose your account because YT thinks you are a pain in the butt. So, it becomes a free speech issue.

YT doesn't admit this. They say it is terms of service. But, many people don't even get told why their video was pulled or why they were banned. We have all seen videos that were flagged and pulled for no good reason what-so-ever.

Understand that these are often insulting videos. However, if the same insults are directed at Christians, for instance, the videos are not flagged and pulled. Or, if Christians insult Atheists, nothing happens.

The problem is allowing gang control of what is on YT. These gangs actually have places that they get together and decide who to attack and who to try to get banned. There have been screen shots of their conversations.

That is why this display of atheist presence to get YT's attention. YT knows atheists are mad. But, they may not understand how many of them there are that are mad and how mad they are. They may not think atheists can get organized like the Muslims. This time they are organized.

It was a pretty darned powerful showing because this user was almost unknown and had very few subscribers to start. That means he had no pre-built power base to get these results. It had to come from an organized effort to manipulate the system. It is a good demonstration of how the system is broken.

Results are still coming in. Looks like they will go higher yet. I will revise this when the list finishes up dating.

#70 - Most Viewed (Today)
#20 - Most Viewed (Today) - People & Blogs
#5 - Top Rated (Today)
#1 - Top Rated (Today) - People & Blogs
#33 - Top Rated (This Week)
#8 - Top Rated (This Week) - People & Blogs
#60 - Top Rated (This Month) - People & Blogs
#1 - Most Discussed (Today)
#1 - Most Discussed (Today) - People & Blogs
#5 - Most Discussed (This Week)
#2 - Most Discussed (This Week) - People & Blogs
#59 - Most Discussed (This Month)
#16 - Most Discussed (This Month) - People & Blogs
#7 - Top Favorites (Today)
#2 - Top Favorites (Today) - People & Blogs
#66 - Top Favorites (This Week)
#13 - Top Favorites (This Week) - People & Blogs
#2 - Most Responded (Today)
#4 - Most Responded (This Week)
#11 - Most Responded (This Month)
#36 - Most Responded (All Time)

Xentor
August 2nd, 2007, 08:38 AM
Ah, the virtues of popular vote. Yay democracy. It's one of the reasons for mol to choose admins by merit instead of popular vote.

In politics, democratic gouvernments like in the USA have enormous difficulty getting people to vote. Why is it that people do vote for YouTube movies, but not for gouvernment representation? Apathy? Complacency? And is it true that people who vote for YouTube movies, also vote in politics? Is it a non-apathic mindset?

David19
August 2nd, 2007, 09:41 AM
Why don't the atheists just start flagging and ganging up on the Muslim gang then?.

Turn about is fair play (I don't mean flagging all Muslim videos just the members of the gang).

SSanf
August 2nd, 2007, 12:33 PM
Why don't the atheists just start flagging and ganging up on the Muslim gang then?.

Turn about is fair play (I don't mean flagging all Muslim videos just the members of the gang).Well, I think the feeling is that the system should not be abused for the purpose of censorship and abrogation of free speech. If they do it, they are just as bad.

They want the system fixed so it cannot be abused that way.

David19
August 3rd, 2007, 06:23 PM
Well, I think the feeling is that the system should not be abused for the purpose of censorship and abrogation of free speech. If they do it, they are just as bad.

That sucks, 'cause everyone has the right to express themselves, even if you don't agree with them.

Youtube has way more offensive videos than what most of the YT atheists say, for example, I'm not sure if you've seen any, but here in the UK, at least, some teens will put videos of them bullying and attacking others, (online bullying is a growing problem here, as now bullies can still get you in your home, through the internet, texting, etc).

Personally, I think it's these Islamic gangs that need to be banned, rather than the atheists (the only exception is that Brett Keane guy, who seemed, from what I've heard, just a racist bigot).

Fairy_Princess
August 3rd, 2007, 08:50 PM
Well, I think the feeling is that the system should not be abused for the purpose of censorship and abrogation of free speech. If they do it, they are just as bad.

So they have the "Moral High Ground"/'Victim cards in play...

What tards.