PDA

View Full Version : Which was better Zelda: The Wind Waker or Twilight Princess??

CheshireEyes
August 4th, 2007, 12:33 PM
Of the two, and I'm not counting any of the other games in the series, which did you like better?

I'm just about finished Twilight Princess, and, frankly, compared to the Wind Waker, it sucked.

Also, I'm talking about the gamecube versions, not the one for the Wii (as I don't have it)

What's everyone else think?

Fairy_Princess
August 4th, 2007, 01:30 PM
Twilight Princess all the way. Both were good games, but if I never have to do another bit of sailing again it will be too soon.

CheshireEyes
August 4th, 2007, 01:38 PM
Twilight Princess all the way. Both were good games, but if I never have to do another bit of sailing again it will be too soon.

yeah, but what about going down those rapids and getting those balloons?!

Did you get all the statues in Wind Waker? I'm just missing one, whenever I get around to it.

Laisrean
August 4th, 2007, 04:11 PM
I haven't played twilight princess yet, but I agree with Fairy Princess that the endless sailing you had to do in Wind Waker really sucked.

CoolJ
August 4th, 2007, 04:46 PM
I have and completed both Wind Waker and Twilight Princess (for the Wii) .. .after I beat twilight princess, I popped in Wind Waker.... lets just say, I got really bored.

Twilight Princess all the way!

Draygone
August 19th, 2007, 12:57 AM
I voted Twilight Princess, and I'll tell you why. Wind Waker had the... Is there a spoiler tag here? Well, let's just say that it had this really annoying MANDATORY fetch quest near the end that had you sailing all over the world, which required you spending a rather hefty sum of cash to complete. I guess Twilight Princess had the same thing with those statues, but I enjoyed running around the world with Epona or as a wolf too much to care. Actually, I often didn't use the warp ability given to me, I liked wandering the fields as such so much. Even did it just to pass the time.

I'm also under the impression that Wind Waker was rushed to completion, which is why it has that fetch quest near the end and an odd amount of dungeons. I think I once heard of Miyamoto promising that a Zelda game wouldn't be rushed like that again. Or maybe it was a promise not to cut a Zelda game short. I dunno.

But anyway, that's why I like Twilight Princess better. (Oh, and wandering around Hyrule Castle Town as a wolf was one of my favorite pasttimes. :))

StarFox
August 20th, 2007, 12:27 AM
Never played Zelda. I'm more of a Pokemanic. I hear they are good, I just never really got around to picking one up. This wolf thing sounds interesting though, :hmmmmm:

Laisrean
April 17th, 2008, 11:40 AM
Having now played both, I can honestly say the Twilight one is the better of the two. I'm playing it on the Wii, so I don't know how the GC version is, but the Wii version kicks serious ass. I'm 48 hours into it, and it seems I still have a lot of things to do yet. :crown:

Thank the Gods and Goddesses of Hyrule that there is no sailing! :elf:

Gwenyvier
May 8th, 2008, 12:42 AM
I voted Twilight Princess. No endless sailing, no annoying fetch quest at the end, no cell-shading(there are no words for how much I HATE cell-shading). I did like the dungeons, but I love dungeon crawling.

My only real complaint on Twilight Princess is that most of the bosses are too easy to defeat.

clevarian
May 8th, 2008, 11:03 AM
My vote's for Twilight Princess....I can't stand to even look at Wind Waker now.

_Mo_
June 1st, 2008, 08:25 PM
Psh, Twilight Princess PWNS, end of story. ;)

CheshireEyes
July 8th, 2008, 01:45 AM
wow, i can't believe all you folks liked TP so much, guess i'm gettin' old....lol