PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Wii

Lunaine
August 5th, 2007, 08:36 PM
Do you have a Nintendo Wii? What are your favorite Wii games?

Laisrean
August 5th, 2007, 10:24 PM
I only got mine about a week ago. I was just really lucky and happened to see it in stock at Sears, which is a place you don't usually expect to see it. Otherwise I guess I'd still be Wii-less. :spaceman:

My favorite games? So far I only have Wii Sports, Wii Play, and Super Mario Bros. which I got from the virtual console. Of those I would say Wii Play is the best. I love the tank shooting game, and the shooting range. Billiards is good too.

Take that with a grain of salt though, because that is all I've owned/played so far. I'm sure there are much better games out there right now and will be soon.

Diashto
August 6th, 2007, 12:44 AM
I have Rayman, Zelda, Mario Party 8, Rampage, and ExciteTruck, along with WiiSports. I can honestly say the only game that i dont really enjoy is Rampage.

CoolJ
August 6th, 2007, 10:39 AM
I have a Wii, and also got quite lucky with it; every store in my county was sold out for a while, but I was just walking by one right the moment they got a delivery! :D

As far as games, well, lets just say I Take full advantage of the EBgames/Gamestop offer to get free games when you buy used games...

Rayman: Raving Rabbids
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Prince of Persia: Rival Swords
Red Steel
Wii Play
Pirates of the Caribbean: At world's end
Call of Duty 3
Sonic and the secret rings
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz
The Godfather: Blackhand edition

and of course, Wii Sports that comes with it...

I also bought Paper Mario and Ristar off of the virtual console marketplace. :D

I enjoy every game on that list... my favorite by far though is Wii Boxing... It's very simple, and very fun, the epitome of the Wii's intention in my opinion.

Though, I am marginally disappointed in Red Steel; the game is fun, but I expected more impressive visuals and the gun cursor is rather finnicky, I find it awkward that the first person shooter mini-games in Rayman are more stable and polished... especially since it's done by the same company at around the same time...

Laisrean
August 6th, 2007, 11:52 AM
Hmm, Rayman mini-games, eh? I'll have to look into that.

I find those mini-game games give you a lot of bang for your buck, which is a good thing considering the cost of video games versus other media like dvds or cds...

Btw, what is this deal about free games at Eb/gamestop? I haven't been in those stores in ages. I recall they were really a rip off on used games last time I went in, because they were only like 2 dollars less than the cost of a new one, and the used ones often lacked cases and/or inserts...

Aoibheal
August 6th, 2007, 11:56 AM
I had a Nintendo Wii when I was with my ex. It was a lot of fun to play, but left that and many other really cool stuff behind. I'm sure I'll end up with another in the future though.

CoolJ
August 6th, 2007, 11:57 AM
Hmm, Rayman mini-games, eh? I'll have to look into that.

I find those mini-game games give you a lot of bang for your buck, which is a good thing considering the cost of video games versus other media like dvds or cds...

Btw, what is this deal about free games at Eb/gamestop? I haven't been in those stores in ages. I recall they were really a rip off on used games last time I went in, because they were only like 2 dollars less than the cost of a new one, and the used ones often lacked cases and/or inserts...

True, at this point the Wii used games are only 5-15 USD off of a new one... BUT

If you buy 2 used games or movies, you get a third one for free... that is, if you signed up for their magazine. Obviously, this is only very worthwhile if you're like me and buy a ton of games :D

Somehow when I got my first 8 games, I actually had 3 of those for free.. *cough*.. that's a huge value for free...

Oh.. on a note though, they are supposed to only count the lowest value of the set of three for free...

And as far as rayman, it's one of those mini-game only games... many games even not of that genre have pretty extensive mini-game modes... the wii seems to fit the style well.

PaleBeauty6
August 18th, 2007, 02:45 AM
my boyfriend has one.
I like playing all of the games for the wii to see how they play.
I'm such a geek! lol!

StarFox
August 19th, 2007, 11:14 PM
I want that car the guys drive. Its funny, I like it. I also want a VW beatle that looks like a Pokemon. hehe.

...Wii someday.

Draygone
August 19th, 2007, 11:34 PM
Voted have one. Only Wii game I have for it right now is Zelda: Twilight Princess, which is now my favorite Zelda game. The only Wii game that's interested me enough since is Sonic and the Secret Rings, and I intend to get that sometime. And I'll be wanting Metroid Prime 3 this month.

VC, I got Paper Mario, Super Castlevania IV, and Dragon's Curse. I have my fun with them, though Dragon's Curse is probably the weakest choice.

CoolJ
August 19th, 2007, 11:41 PM
OK an update on that used games deal... apparently they're not offering that buy 2 used games - get 1 free deal right now _inabox_ you still get 10% off if you have their card though.

Amilee
November 26th, 2007, 02:22 AM
My husband has a Wii...I watch him play...but on December 1st Wii Fit will be coming out here in Japan and I WANT IT!! Yoga and stuff at home..Using a sort of balance pad or somthing...

Haerfest Leah
December 13th, 2007, 05:39 AM
Hey how did I miss this thread. We have had our Wii for 6 months or so.

We as a family have:

Wii Sports
Shrek
Spongebob Squarepants
Big Brain Academy
Harry Potter
Marvel
Resident Evil

We plan to get some new games over xmas, we all love it. The graphics go great on our plasma.

Myzterio
December 13th, 2007, 06:36 AM
My sister and I recently got given a Wii by our parents and it's great! We only have a few games, though:

Wii Sports (duh)
Big Brain Academy
Super Mario Galaxy
Pacman
Super Mario Bros 3

I'm psyched about having Super Mario Bros 3 again. The childhood memories! Whoo!! I used to play that with my dad all the time, when I was a small child. :D And geekness says I love it to bits!
Super Mario Galaxy is great as well, though I still need to catch back up to my sister, who is loving it as much as I am - it has all of the wonderful gameplay we know from the Mario games, and add some wonderful new features. It's as much fun as in the old days, and wonderful to play.
Big Brain Academy has especially my mum going, and all of us are trying to outdo the others and ourselves, and going for the platinum medals. Great fun, and really great to challenge others with! :D
Wii Sports is fun, but that's all it is. But, then, I've never been a fan of sports games. They're a great work-out, though ;)

Still looking to obtain Zelda: Twilight Princess and some group games like Mario Party or the like. :)

We plan to get some new games over xmas, we all love it. The graphics go great on our plasma.
*envy* Plasma tv, oooohh...

blithespirit
December 14th, 2007, 01:22 AM
I :heartthro my Wii.

Games:
Zelda: Twilight Princess
Wii Play (and Sports)
Mario Party 8
WarioWare: Smooth Moves
Super Mario Galaxy
Soul Calibur Legends
Cooking Mama Cook Off
Super Monkeyball Banana Blitz
SSX Blur
Sonic and the Secret Rings

And on the Virtual Console:
Super Mario 64
Mario Kart 64
Super Mario World
Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Kirby's Adventure

(We also have Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games under the tree, but don't tell anyone.)

FiresSong
December 14th, 2007, 01:27 AM
When I lived back home, my neighbors -who happened to be very close friends- had a Wii and I played several games on it. I looooove the Wii. I played through Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and we played Warioware aaaaall the time.

halfwaynowhere
December 14th, 2007, 01:35 AM
my sister has a wii, i play it when i'm over there sometimes... of course, it broke so they had to send it in for repairs..

my favorite games so far are High School Musical: Sing It!, MySims, and Big Brain Academy. I'm not really into games, but these games i can play for hours on end. MySims because I'm a SimsAddict, and the other two because they cater to my ego (I love to sing and am pretty good at that game, and i have to be smarter than everyone else, so I'll play big brain academy nonstop until my score is higher than my sister's).