PDA

View Full Version : TTC- Altar ideas

TheWhiteRaven
August 7th, 2007, 03:05 PM
My hubby and I are TTC our first baby. We have been actively trying for a few months now. I want to decorate the altar with baby-ish things to help get our baby-making energies going. Lol.

Anyone have any ideas of stuff I can put on the altar?

Saphyre
August 7th, 2007, 03:10 PM
Cute idea :) How about a pacifier or a little pair of pink and/or blue booties? Maybe you could drape the altar with a receiving blanket. I'm sure you will get lots of ideas popping in on this thread soon!

Chesna
August 7th, 2007, 04:16 PM
Ohh look up fertility goddess and get one for your alter..maybe a unopened pregnancy test ( I have one if you need it hehe), images of pregnancy and pregnant women...pictures of sperm..Ionce knew where you could gt candles in the shape of a sperm....ohh thats all I can think of for now.

Good Luck!!

Chesna

KaidaMidnight
August 7th, 2007, 04:48 PM
What about a cute little baby rattle? Or even an infant diaper? (It's never too soon to stock up when there are sales! LOL) I was going to say a fertility goddess figure as well. Maybe burning a pink / blue candle? Or burning some baby powder incense. (I know the dollar store over here sells ones that smell like baby powder) Giving offerings of milk and teething biscuits? Just some little things :) Good LUCK!!!!!!!!

Brightshores
August 7th, 2007, 08:38 PM
:hugz: Best of luck to you as you TTC!!

I like the idea of a fertility-goddess figure - or, you could use things symbolic of fertility, such as fruits, stalks of wheat and other grain, or flowers. You could also use pictures of babies, or some of those little figurines of mothers holding babies.

imapepper
August 13th, 2007, 02:56 PM
The fertility goddess figure is something I would give a shot! My hubby and I had been trying for two months, then we finally decided to make a pilgrimage together and went to pray to the Virgen of Guadalupe together on bended knee. I was pregnant the next month! In fact I have another visit to make, this time with an offering (of thanks) for my wee one and that everything is progressing normally.

So please, do try to call upon the goddess wholeheartedly! Best wishes!

:hugz: