PDA

View Full Version : Animal Totems

thundderwolf
April 19th, 2001, 04:37 PM
MM All:

I am curious in reguards to animal totems. I would like to know if any of you have knowledge on books to read on the subject. I would appreciate any information that the pagan populous can supply. I would also like book titles on spirit guides. Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Ari
April 20th, 2001, 08:43 PM
Um. Shamanism and animal totems are not my forte, I can't really help you there...anyone else? The only book I know of that's fairly widely recommended is "The Way of the Shaman" by Michael Harner. Spirit guides are dealt with (usually fairly briefly) in a lot of introductary Wiccan and Women's Spirituality books. Marion Weinstein's "Earth Magic" has a ritual for contacting spirit guides, as does Diane Stein's "Casting the Circle".

Lady Raven
April 21st, 2001, 01:58 AM
I got a books called Animal-Speak: The Spiritual & Magickal Powers of Creatures Great & Small. It's an okay book.~raven

BearDancing
May 12th, 2001, 11:13 PM
Thundderwolf,

Are there specific animals that you are interested in or ALL. I have two different animal totem tarot decks which I have used extensively and have learned alot from. I have studied native religions quite extensively, ask some questions and I shall do my best.

Love and Respect............FairieSpirit

woodencat
May 18th, 2001, 01:07 AM
Thanks for starting this thread Thunderwolf! :)

I have similar interests & was also wondering about any recommended books...so thanks all you so far that have made some great suggestions....I read a few good ones a while back, but had to leave them in Toronto :( I'll try to track them down - as they were also pretty good! :)

Thanks

woodencat
May 18th, 2001, 07:11 PM
Hey Thunderwolf,

I came across this website that has some book suggestions & stuff...I haven't looked at it fully...looks quite good though.
http://www.serioussilver.com/totem_of_the_week.html