PDA

View Full Version : Freed from the cycle of reincarnation?

latin_baller
August 16th, 2007, 12:47 AM
I was watching Modern Marvels: cemeteries and they said Hindus cremate people to get them out of the cycle of reincarnation? Is this true?

Personally, I wouldnt want my soul to die. I want my Ka to live eternally.

BenSt
August 16th, 2007, 12:55 AM
I was watching Modern Marvels: cemeteries and they said Hindus cremate people to get them out of the cycle of reincarnation? Is this true?

Personally, I wouldnt want my soul to die. I want my Ka to live eternally.

Yep they do.

But they understand the 'soul' differently... so it isn't necessarily a 'ka'. The soul is more seen as a smaller part of God. When soemone escapes the cycle of reincarnation, they dont die... they join with God.

The understanding is that cremation can a. cause the negetive baggage from this life to be cast off..

b. Its a way to destroy the ego's remnants. The body is the ultimate delusionary tool to trick ppl into thinking they are individuals.

latin_baller
August 16th, 2007, 03:05 PM
Yep they do.

But they understand the 'soul' differently... so it isn't necessarily a 'ka'. The soul is more seen as a smaller part of God. When soemone escapes the cycle of reincarnation, they dont die... they join with God.

But then wouldnt they lose the ability to be conscious of themselves? I know this is what Pharaohs aimed for but I dont understand why this is so great.

The understanding is that cremation can a. cause the negetive baggage from this life to be cast off..

b. Its a way to destroy the ego's remnants. The body is the ultimate delusionary tool to trick ppl into thinking they are individuals..

So then why dont all Hindus and Buddhists do this instead of dying and reincarnating?

Amythyst
August 16th, 2007, 03:33 PM
I wouldn't want to be freed from the cycle of reincarnation-- I'd be afraid I'd miss something if I didn't come back. And even with all the ups and downs, good and bad, sad and happy-- life is wonderful.

I want to keep doing it again, and again, and again....

And besides-- I've been informed that my soul needs so much work the earth might not last long enough for all the reincarnation it would take to get me straightened out.

latin_baller
August 16th, 2007, 04:56 PM
I wouldn't want to be freed from the cycle of reincarnation-- I'd be afraid I'd miss something if I didn't come back. And even with all the ups and downs, good and bad, sad and happy-- life is wonderful.

I dont exactly believe in reincarnation but I dont think youd be missing anything because youd forget everything. But you know if that were the case it would be as if this never happened. Because like for example, you forget most of your dreams, when you dont dream anything, you actually did dream something but forgot- so its as if nothing ever happened. Like if you were to be kidnapped by the government for a week then had your memory erased you wouldnt even have known you had been kidnapped( even as it was going around). So thats why I dont believe in reincarnation but thats just my speculation

Amythyst
August 17th, 2007, 12:13 PM
I dont exactly believe in reincarnation but I dont think youd be missing anything because youd forget everything. But you know if that were the case it would be as if this never happened. Because like for example, you forget most of your dreams, when you dont dream anything, you actually did dream something but forgot- so its as if nothing ever happened. Like if you were to be kidnapped by the government for a week then had your memory erased you wouldnt even have known you had been kidnapped( even as it was going around). So thats why I dont believe in reincarnation but thats just my speculatio

I don't think we necessarily forget everything from our previous lives. That's why some people feel such a close connection to different eras and different cultures and ancient times. It's all buried there, somewhere in our psyche, and we carry it with us through eternity.

But in my post, as to "missing something", I meant that I was afraid I might miss some fantastic new experience or person in the future. I believe I have learned something and I carry the energy from every single person that I've ever had any kind of relationship with.

Life is a roller coaster ride, no doubt. I've hit some terrible lows, but then again I've ridden the swell of some incredible highs.

And I want to do it again.