PDA

View Full Version : New books for Celtic Recons

IvyWitch
August 23rd, 2007, 12:25 PM
I don't know if any of you watch the CR groups on LJ, but there's some info on the new books that are out:

First, the book version of the CR FAQ is finally available for sale here. (http://www.lulu.com/content/1038004)

And, Erynn Rowan Laurie's new book (she also authored the awesome OOP "Circle of Stones) is also out. (http://www.amazon.com/Ogam-Weaving-Erynn-Rowan-Laurie/dp/1905713029)This one is an indepth, scholarly based and practical study of the Ogham.

Seren_
August 23rd, 2007, 03:03 PM
My copy of the ogam book arrived yesterday but I haven't had time to really get stuck into it just yet - I like what I've read so far though. The CR FAQ book will have to wait for a while yet...I'd heard it was coming out soon, but didn't realise it was so soon! Thanks for posting, IvyWitch :)

Stoirmeacha
February 23rd, 2008, 11:54 AM
Ah...crap. I can't buy stuff off the internet, and these books aren't being sold in mainstream bookstores. Does anyone know another way I could get to these books??? I have plenty on Celtic mythology andhistory, but I want these...

odubhain
February 23rd, 2008, 12:30 PM
Ah...crap. I can't buy stuff off the internet, and these books aren't being sold in mainstream bookstores. Does anyone know another way I could get to these books??? I have plenty on Celtic mythology andhistory, but I want these...Ask the bookstore to order it for you. Most of them will be happy to sell you a book.

Searles

YoungSoulRebel
October 26th, 2008, 11:45 PM
Ah...crap. I can't buy stuff off the internet, and these books aren't being sold in mainstream bookstores. Does anyone know another way I could get to these books??? I have plenty on Celtic mythology andhistory, but I want these...

Amazon and Borders are owned by the same people now, and as long as it's currently in-print, Borders can order almost all Amazon book, CD, and DVD stock.

Seren_
February 18th, 2009, 10:43 AM
I thought I'd just add another one to the list...

I've been reading Talking about the Elephant (edited by Lupa), which is an anthology of essays about cultural appropriation in neopaganism (so yeah, not exactly light reading ;) ).

There are lots of different perspectives in there, and Erynn Rowan Laurie and Phillip Bernhardt-House have contributed two articles each that relate to CR specifically. It's nice to see some more stuff about CR in print.

zombi
April 17th, 2009, 08:04 PM
Aed Rua, one of the authors of the CR Essay, recently published a book titled "Celtic Flame (http://www.amazon.com/Celtic-Flame-Insiders-Guide-Tradition/dp/0595529704/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1225342596&sr=8-11)." From the description, it doesn't appear to be a CR book, but for those who like his writing you might enjoy this book.

Actually, I just got this book in the mail today, and he definitely talks about CR at least a little from what I've skimmed so far. In the intro he specifically says he doesn't identify as CR any more, but doesn't give any reasons -- but there's definitely some CR stuff going on in here? Has anyone read this? I believe I saw a post in cr_r about it, I guess I'll go skim about in there for a minute.

Thoughts?

Noinden
September 23rd, 2009, 10:08 AM
Actually, I just got this book in the mail today, and he definitely talks about CR at least a little from what I've skimmed so far. In the intro he specifically says he doesn't identify as CR any more, but doesn't give any reasons -- but there's definitely some CR stuff going on in here? Has anyone read this? I believe I saw a post in cr_r about it, I guess I'll go skim about in there for a minute.

Thoughts?

Well first the book caused a flame war in IMBAS. I like the book, but it's not really CR, then again neither is my ADF stuff so .... It is a decent resource IMHO for the more ethnic Neopagans.