PDA

View Full Version : Princess Scarlet is here!

Morr
August 25th, 2007, 02:09 PM
She is here!

So I am in the hospital, we get a wireless internet service here and hubby brought me my laptop this afternoon.

I started going into labor around 1:30am on Friday early morning coming at 20-30 mins apart. By the time my mom came to our house, around 9am, the contractions were already 10 mins apart. Then only 2 hours later, they were 3 mins apart and we made our way to the hospital...

I got to the hospital already 5-6cm dilated, and after spending 3 hours in the jacuzzi (which was great, considering I took no drugs) I was a wooping 10cm dilated and fully effaced.

Then I started pushing, and after almost 2 hours of pushing, reclining back and holding my feet up, my husband and the RN supporting my feet, and my mom supporting my head, Scarlet came out.

The pushing wasn't as easy and more painful thanit should have been because her head was stuck a bit and the midwife had to kind rotate it a bit and adjust it so it passes through my pelvic bones correctly. The umbilical cord was actually wrapped around her neck when her head popped out, but the midwife said she showed no signs of trouble, and managed to slip it off her head easily and immediately.

Scarlet DID have a good amount of fluid in her lungs and they had to take her to the NICU for observation for a few hours. But she immediately got better with a little assistance, and is doing perfectly fine!

I am proud to say that I took no drugs, no IV and no epidural at all. I drank water throughout the process as well.

Though honestly, I don't know if I'll go all natural again. That was the hardest and most painful thing I ever had to go through. I'll be thinking twice about an epi with the next pregnancy (though I don't anticipate having to make that choice for another couple of years at least!).

She was born at 5pm, US Eastern time, 8lbs even and 20 inches long.

Attached are a couple of pics :)

I am doing okay, very uncomfortable down there -- She was a big baby to push for someone my size so I got a "good" case of hemorrhoids. I tore naturally, 2nd degree laceration. Stitches aren't feeling bad though, its all just uncomfy. Its a bit hard to pee, but slowly getting better. Doesn't sting though, which I was surprised about!

I can't believe she is MINE!

imapepper
August 25th, 2007, 02:18 PM
Beautiful! Congratulations Morr, I'm so happy for all of you! Wonderful!

:boing::clapping::ringaroun:abanana::cheers::dancy::fprtyman4:fprtyman3:thewave::fprtyman2:nonono:

WitchOfEndor
August 25th, 2007, 02:18 PM
Woo Hoo!! Congrats Morr & Semi! She's beautiful & look at all that hair!!!!! I'm so happy for you & Semi. You make a beautiful new mommy :)

Ravenna Angellin
August 25th, 2007, 02:21 PM
Oh MY GOD!!! She's gorgeous!! Look at all her hair!!

I am so happy for you!! Enjoy these early days, as they are sooo precious!! Get some rest!

Much love,
~ Ravenna

wolfjan1
August 25th, 2007, 02:21 PM
Oh, I am so glad to see you! And what a beautiful baby! She truly looks like a princess, just don't let it go to her head:hahugh:
You look beautiful, and happy, and that's what I wanted to see!
Congrats to Semi!
Ask for an ice bag to help bring down the swelling. Just use it every few hours or so, and it will help your stitches and your bladder will empty easier.
You can see that practically the whole community is happy now!
Blessings and a good life for you and your family. :cheers: :hehehehe: :hahugh:

Ceres
August 25th, 2007, 02:22 PM
What a beautiful baby. I am so happy for you that the birth went well!

Prinsazz
August 25th, 2007, 02:27 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! Yay I am so pleased, we were all pacing around waiting!!! She is so so so adorable and well done you for all the pushing with none of the drugs!! Congratulations to you both and your little princess.

Morr
August 25th, 2007, 02:28 PM
What a beautiful baby. I am so happy for you that the birth went well!

Ya know, the two midwives (from the same office I used to go) that saw me since last night told me that the midwife that delivered me (who actually was my prenatal midwife) said I had a perfect delivery for a 1st time mom, and that I did surprisingly well throughout the whole process. I had what they consider an EASY delivery -- And all I'm thinking is -- EASY?!?!?

LOL

That was the HARDEST thing I've EVER had to do, I cannot believe I did that at all without no medication what-so-ever!

moonbride
August 25th, 2007, 02:33 PM
Omg! That is one absolutely beautiful baby! And that hair! My babies were all little baldies hehe.

A big congrats to you and your family and enjoy the heck out of that tiny little cutie... they grow so fast.

:hugz:

Earthy
August 25th, 2007, 02:37 PM
OMG!!! Look at you both!

She is so beautiful..and look at all her hair, congratulations new mom and dad :)

Morr
August 25th, 2007, 02:40 PM
Thank you everyone for your kind comments :)

I love that she is so beautiful! She looks a lot like her dad, and definitely has my skin color.

It will be interesting to see her turning into a little lady these next few years :D

Willow Rosette
August 25th, 2007, 02:42 PM
Yea!!!! Welcome to the world little Scarlet!!! Congrats Morr and Semi on such a beautiful baby!! Im so gald she is finally here and everything went well.

wolfjan1
August 25th, 2007, 02:44 PM
Ya know, the two midwives (from the same office I used to go) that saw me since last night told me that the midwife that delivered me (who actually was my prenatal midwife) said I had a perfect delivery for a 1st time mom, and that I did surprisingly well throughout the whole process. I had what they consider an EASY delivery -- And all I'm thinking is -- EASY?!?!?

LOL

That was the HARDEST thing I've EVER had to do, I cannot believe I did that at all without no medication what-so-ever!
Yes it was hard, but from the sounds of it, you did beautifully and I bet you have an alert, hungry little girl who knows you and Semi.
Blessings on you and all the other mothers here. You are the guardians of the new generation.
Teach your children well.

Lyra76
August 25th, 2007, 02:46 PM
Congratulations Morr! She is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! All the best always for you, Semi and Scarlet!!:dancy: :thewave:

Lianne

DreamSpell333
August 25th, 2007, 02:52 PM
http://dl9.glitter-graphics.net/pub/0/659xsmvk808yx.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

She is absolutely beautiful,morr! Congrats to you both! I am SOO Happy for you. Im getting all teary eyed. You look so happy , you are just glowing!
:hugz: to you.

Morr
August 25th, 2007, 02:57 PM
Aww, thanks :)

I AM glowing. I can't believe she was inside me just a couple of days ago! And I can't believe she is MINE! Its going to be SO WEIRD to take her home tomorrow LOL

We are excited. Her dad is doing an amazing job too, he is going to be a most wonderful dad! This makes me so happy as well.

Ceres
August 25th, 2007, 03:23 PM

Motherhood is NOT for the faint of heart. Nobody can really prepare you for what that means. Welcome to the ranks :D

Seren_
August 25th, 2007, 03:33 PM
Congratulations to you and semi, Morr! She's beautiful, and you look beautiful too.

Shanti
August 25th, 2007, 03:34 PM
Congrats and she is so beautiful!!!
As for the labor and delivery, next time will be a lot easier because your body has done it once now. The first are usually the hardest.
Any woman that can succeed in natural with the first has my admiration!!!:fpraise:
I am so happy for you.
The first, the hardest, and you did it!!:fpraise:

And by the time you get to number 3 or maybe 5, natural will be easy as boiling water. :lol:
You'll be a pro!! LOL

Zoritsa_Nepenthe
August 25th, 2007, 03:34 PM
Congratulations Morr and Semi!!!! She is a beautiful baby :)

LostSheep
August 25th, 2007, 03:49 PM
yay!!

congrats!!

:fpartyman

:cheers:

(umm... not quite sure which are the most approproiate smilies... still, you get the general idea, I hope.)

Chesna
August 25th, 2007, 04:30 PM
OHHHH she is adorable!!!!! CONGRATS!!!
:woot: :woot:
How is Semi doing? You look wonderful!!!
I remember that first day when we brought Ellie home...I really looked at my hubby and said now what!!?? It was scary..but worth it. Get plenty of sleep and rest...you will need it!!

Chesna

Caitlin.ann
August 25th, 2007, 04:35 PM
Congratulations. :)

She's so adorable. :)

Lunacie
August 25th, 2007, 04:36 PM
Congratulations !!!

Welcome home, Miss Scarlet!

aluokaloo
August 25th, 2007, 04:46 PM
congrats to you all! Those are great pictures, and she's just gorgeous!

David19
August 25th, 2007, 06:22 PM
Congrats to both you and Semi, and she looks great, you can tell she knows she's a princess the way she looks at the camera!.

Congratulations again :cheers: :cheers: :abanana: :abanana: :thewave: :thewave: :abanana: :abanana:

Philosophia
August 25th, 2007, 08:00 PM
Congratulations! :hugz:

I am so happy for both of you!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h20/Snowmom_photos/MY%20GIFS/CONGRATULATIONS/thbabygirlcongrats.gif

TheWomanMonster
August 25th, 2007, 08:03 PM
She's beautiful!
I'm so glad it all went well,
and was complication free.

Bless.

KaidaMidnight
August 25th, 2007, 08:13 PM
Oh Morr... she is more beautiful then any of us could have imagined. Congrats hun, you went through so much, and just looking at how happy you are, I'd say it was worth it. A perfect lil girl for the perfect family! **preggy hormones kicking in.. LOL.. my son just asked if I was ok.. ** :hugz: Rest and take it easy, that lil one is going to for sure be spoiled by grandma. I'm so glad that your mom got to be there with you for it.

Thanks for sharing it all with us.. the good and the yucky (lol.. ol roid). Even though we really didn't talk much before your pregnancy thread, I feel I've gotten to know you, and you are such a great person to know!

Congrats again to you and Semi! :hugz: And can't wait to see how she grows!!!! :D

LadyKaty
August 25th, 2007, 08:33 PM
Once again, congratulations to you and Semi, Morr!

Miss Scarlet is beautiful, and she looks so alert and content!

Welcome to the ranks of Motherhood, Morr! This is not a task for the weak....but you can do it, you've already gotten through pregnancy, labor, and delivery!

RainInanna
August 25th, 2007, 09:38 PM
Wow, you did an amazing job!

Wonderful!

moonchild
August 25th, 2007, 09:39 PM
Welcome Scarlet!!!!!

GryphonGirl
August 25th, 2007, 09:57 PM
YAAAAYYYYY!!!!! I am so glad she's finally here. and very happy on Morr's behalf that it was a relatively easy labor and delivery! Kudos to Morr on her doing it without drug assistance too. So, a BIG welcome to the lovely Miss Scarlet and congratulations to Morr, Semi and the whole family. Now you folks enjoy the baby. :hugz:

MockingbirdOxygen
August 25th, 2007, 10:03 PM
She is so freakin' beautiful - I love that picture of her close-up! Actually, I love both of the pics - you look so gorgeous & radiant yourself! You don't even look like you just spit out a kid, lol.

CONGRATS!!! Please allow me to give the little doodlebug her first wedgie! _wedgie_

:hahugh:

Bronach Druid
August 25th, 2007, 10:28 PM
Congrats! She is just beautiful. :)

halfwaynowhere
August 25th, 2007, 10:53 PM
She's gorgeous! Congrats! You look radiant, Morr!

vulfsung
August 25th, 2007, 11:04 PM
Welcome Miss Scarlet!!!

Congratulations Morr and Semi!! Your daughter is very beautiful!!

:cheers:

Morag Elasaid Ni Dhomhnaill
August 25th, 2007, 11:12 PM
Congratulations to all of you. She's absolutely beautiful!

SpiralDancing
August 25th, 2007, 11:17 PM
WOW!!!! HUGE CONGRATULATIONS :boing: :boing: :boing:

Welcome Earthside Scarlet - beautiful name.

I was last here in June, and just idly thought to myself today, I wonder if Morr has had her baby yet? It was a wee bit spooky to see this thread! :)

sarabethv
August 26th, 2007, 12:34 AM
That is a big baby girl, and she is beautiful. Congrats.

Lilith Morgaine
August 26th, 2007, 01:01 AM
Hello GORGEOUS!!!!! Sorry Scarlet... mom thought I was talking to her.....
well I guess I'm talking to the both of you :D

I'm SO happy you're here... you're a VERY lucky little girl!!!!!
Morr... I'm SO very proud of you!

Shalom uv'racha neshomeleh Scarlet!!!!!

Meytav HaIchulim Morr & Semi !

Rowan Darkmoon
August 26th, 2007, 01:02 AM
Congratulations!!! :boing: :boing:

August 24th is a much good day to have a birthday if I do say so myself!! :lol: :blowcandl

Morr and semi you have a beautiful daughter, and Morr you looked radiant and did a wonderful job!

:dancy:

Teresa
August 26th, 2007, 01:32 AM
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-10/1219517/babygreet.gif
SHE IS BEAUTIFUL!!!

RubyRose
August 26th, 2007, 02:13 AM
Congrats again Morr. 8lbs even who would have thought. :) (I guessed a little bigger)

Shanti
August 26th, 2007, 02:17 AM
Congratulations!!! :boing: :boing:

August 24th is a much good day to have a birthday if I do say so myself!! :lol: :blowcandl

Morr and semi you have a beautiful daughter, and Morr you looked radiant and did a wonderful job!

:dancy:Ok I am really confused. Sweet Scarlet was born yesterday. Here its 1:21 Am, Aug 26.
So her BD is Aug 25?

Or am I confused again? :awilly:

Rick
August 26th, 2007, 02:24 AM
Thank you everyone for your kind comments :)

I love that she is so beautiful! She looks a lot like her dad, and definitely has my skin color.

It will be interesting to see her turning into a little lady these next few years :D

Oh, thank GAWD she doesn't look much like her dad!

:hehehehe:

I'm just kiddin'... maybe Semi ain't no Tom Selleck (who is?), but he's still a fine figure of a man

Scarlet is bee-yoo-tee-ful!

Ya done good

Lilith Morgaine
August 26th, 2007, 02:39 AM
Ok I am really confused. Sweet Scarlet was born yesterday. Here its 1:21 Am, Aug 26.
So her BD is Aug 25?

Or am I confused again? :awilly:

Aug 24th is her bday

Bettie
August 26th, 2007, 02:42 AM
Congratulations Morr and Semi - she is absolutely beautiful. :)

Morr
August 26th, 2007, 08:10 AM
Thanks guys.

We are being released from the hospital in a couple of hours.

All is well... She is already keeping me up at night!!

She is wonderful though :D

I'll tell ya one thing though... These rhoids are horrible! More so than the stitches! Meh!!!

Rudas Starblaze
August 26th, 2007, 08:33 AM
congrats Morr!:cheers:

HorseCrow
August 26th, 2007, 09:18 AM
She is beautiful, congratulations :yayhawaii:yayhawaii:yayhawaii

Kaylara
August 28th, 2007, 11:45 AM
Congrats Morr and Semi! Welcome Scarlett!

LightDancer
August 28th, 2007, 12:13 PM
little late here but.....

WELCOME PRINCESS SCARLET!!!:boing:

gratz Morr and Semi:) She's precious:)

Jamie

mistymoon
August 28th, 2007, 06:36 PM
Congrats! She is really precious!

WhoseLineBabygirl
August 28th, 2007, 07:37 PM
awww shes a cutie!! congrats!!!

Lorrie
August 28th, 2007, 08:36 PM
So, Morr, how many names did you call Semi or threaten his life???????:cheers:Congrats to you both! :wave: