View Full Version : NEWBIES - Please Check In Here

September 13th, 2007, 04:57 PM
Hello Newbies,

Welcome once again to MW and the New Pagans subforum! We are currently developing a new program for mentors and newbies to connect for mutual benefit - to help you find those who can guide and counsel you in your Pagan studies.

With that in mind, if you are interested in being a "newbie", you are welcome to share your introduction here. You can then check out some of the other threads here - MENTORS are those that mentors are posting in to sign in and share their beliefs and how they can help you. Once you see a MENTOR who seems like a good fit for you, you are welcome to private message them directly to see if they are available to help you. Finish reading this post and look at the very last line if you need help sending a private message.

You are also welcome to post in the NEWBIE threads to answer questions about your practices and what you're looking for - when MENTORS see this, they can also think about how they could help mentor you.

If you are not comfortable with messaging someone directly or have any questions or concerns, please private message me directly.

To send a private message - click someone's name on their post - in my case, click the blue word RainInanna. A box drops down with a few options. Click "Send a private message to". Type "Newbie looking for mentor" in the box below Title: Type some message in the box below Message: Just type what you need help with or about how you'd like a mentor. Then click the Submit Message button.

September 13th, 2007, 07:27 PM
Hi! I am LiLi, 47, F, Family Tradition Witch and learning......

Well, I'm new to MW...but not so new to a pagan path; I grew up in a "Witchy Family" and have been adopted by two other Witch Families. What I am new to, and what I'd really like to learn more about are: HooDoo, Pow-Wow, Voudon and New Orleans style VooDoo.

Heart of All
September 13th, 2007, 08:02 PM
I'm 20, female. I guess my path is Asatru-leaning eclectic? I don't know that for sure yet, though. It's not Wicca, I know that much. I'm interested in divination, history, methods of worship (like rituals and things). And I really need help taking all the research I've done and making it into life.

Isabella SilverRain
September 13th, 2007, 08:20 PM
Hello! I'm Isabella and I'm currently sixteen years of age and am a female.

I don't have a primary path yet. I've been looking around at all the different paths and trying to learn as much about them as I can before I pick a path to study more in-depth. Green Witchcraft has popped up in my head and things around me though, so I would like to learn more about that path.

I am interested in learning about: Meditation (I have problems doing this), Totem and/or Power Animals, the History of Witchcraft, Herbs (though I can't grow any), stones/gems/rocks, the different Paths of the Craft, and the different Deities. I know that once I start learning more, that I will want to go into further learning about different subjects.

I am also interested in the Pagan holidays, for I don't know much about them, or really how to celebrate them.

September 13th, 2007, 09:30 PM
Hello all! I'm October, I'm 19, female, and my interest is in Celtic recon. I have a basis in Wicca but do not consider myself Wiccan. It was not until I discovered Mystic Wicks that I discovered that the path I wanted to follow really existed--Celtic recon. So, obviously, not knowing it existed hindered my research of it, so I would like mentorship in it now that I'm aware of it. Barring that, I'd also like to learn hedge withery, kitchen witchery or British Trad. More emphasis on the practical magicks, versus spirituality.

September 14th, 2007, 08:34 AM
Hello. I'm 23, male. I don't have a path. I've been interested for a few years, but I haven't found anything that really calls to me yet. I'm interested in learning about meditation, spirit guides, divination and healing. Some advice on finding direction would be great as well.

September 14th, 2007, 08:43 PM
I'm Novimarra, 22/f, with interest in Wicca. It would be nice to have a city-witch as a mentor, so I could learn lots about the path without having to plant herbs. :D

September 15th, 2007, 10:51 AM
I am ShaylaK and I am 51 and female.I am very interested in the Celtic Recon. I have done extensive reading and research on Wicca and green witch/hedge witch but just was not finding what I was looking for until I stumbled onto Celtic Recon.I have a strong feeling for a spirituality that is practical and simple.So many of the suggested books are almost impossible to buy or borrow that it has been difficult for me to do the research I need to understand how this works.I would like to connect to someone who can guide me though the process.

September 17th, 2007, 09:19 PM
Hi, I'm Elizabeth (or Liz, or Lizea, or Renea... whichever you prefer to call me, I don't really care... yea, I'm cool...)

I'm 15 and don't really have a specific path yet. I have been reading up on Trad Witchcraft, but don't know if it is for me yet, if you get what I am saying...

I don't know though, I'm looking for a path that emphasizes that everything has a spirit, there isn't a seperate god, more so just "god" is in everything and everyone... Meditaion, yes... casting spells, not so much... I don't know... I am a very confused girl (if you hadn't noticed...)

September 18th, 2007, 01:24 PM
BlackLili - "Lili"
Primary Path: American Witchcraft, a.k.a. "Melting Cauldron"
How Long have You Been Practicing: 15 years
~I am interested in learning more about Santeria, Kabballah, and scrying.

September 18th, 2007, 02:08 PM
Hi! I'm Az, 26, and I suppose I consider myself on an eclectic spiritual path. I don't classify or label myself as any one thing. I draw from everything that feels right to me.

I'm interested in a lot of things, but one of the main things I'd like a mentor for is: Tarot (which I already practice but I'd like to improve)

Other things include eastern philosophies/religion, runes, meditation, visualization, spirit guides/companions, animal totems/guides, animism, chakras, spells (currently looking into candle and sigil magick, and trying to find info on string magick/binding), rituals and ceremonies, herbs, gems/stones, labyrinths, shapes, and a number of other things that I've probably forgotten. I love learning about new concepts and methods, so please do introduce me to anything!

I'm currently compiling a large file/book collecting the methods I've chosen, things I've tried and done, my spell poems and sigils, etc.

September 20th, 2007, 01:27 AM
Hey RainInanna!!,

Just wanted to check in :). While Kalika was still around, she had requested I speak to a member which I was :)... so I guess Im a mentor. If you ever need anyone please send ppl my way, I don't mind. I hope this is the place to post something?? what do you need? :)

September 20th, 2007, 09:34 AM
Hello, I'm new to MW and relatively new to structured Paganism. Pretty much my whole life I've only done solitary studies and somewhat limited studies at that. I'm not really sure of where I stand "path" wise, I feel very eclectic, but I have a strong connection to nature and animals.

During my teenage years and my early 20's I felt very connected to the Goddess aspect of my spirituality but over the last few years I've pushed that aside, due to relationships etc. I even tried going Catholic but that failed miserably for me.

So right now I am not sure where I am. I know I am an empath and since I've done some reading lately I suspect that I am also an animist. I like doing spell work but not so much the stuff that if you don't face the right way and say the right words your doomed type stuff. Just more of a "put good thoughts" into it type of thing, like baking bread. =)

Hope that helps explain myself a bit better. _pounce_

September 25th, 2007, 03:14 PM
I'm felmale, 35 and haven't chosen a specific Pagan Path. I've been reading a lot about Celtic Paganism, Wiccan, Green Witches, Solitary Witches and a lot of other stuff in between. It seems that there is a lot of information to process and that is what I have been trying to do.

I'm interested in a lot of things, particularly herbs and their properties, spells and rituals, tarot, psychic abilities, holidays, sabbats etc.

September 25th, 2007, 05:26 PM
well my name is Sparrow, im pretty young,18, female...

my pagan interests are like healing, divination, taro cards, and a little more

path wise, its shifts from Celtic Mythology to really digging up on Jesus, he's like wicked cool... i respect him as a teacher and mentor...

like I'm more into the Goddess side of things, I would like to learn more about Shamanism, Herbs, Green Witchcraft, and observing the seasons, not so much big on like rituals and elaborate things like that, but i'm open to new things.... so...

September 27th, 2007, 12:39 AM
hello there, I'm Meagan, and just about 21 (scorpio). I've only very recently gotten into paganism, especially at the curiosity level I'm at now. I havent chosen any kind of path because I dont know much about them, and I'm just not sure what's right for me yet. I seem to be bubbling with questions quite frequently and I hate posting new threads about every little thing, so I figure this would be good. I have a deep interest in properties of stones and essential oils at the moment. I've always been into herbs and healing, and I've already began spell casting with pretty good results so far.

ta da.... need anything else from me, let me know!

November 1st, 2007, 05:36 PM
All righty, I'll revive the "newbie check-in" thread as recommended in the discussion about mentors.

I am Aveline. I am a 32 year old married woman. My husband and I have very similar spiritual beliefs and where we differ, we are still compatible. However, he considers himself "Christian" and I call myself Pagan. He hates the word pagan.

My path has been consistently identified to me (through many different online quizzes or surveys as well as reading different descriptions) as "earth based neo-pagan". The basic tenets of my beliefs: there is most definately a Higher Power and this is a force/power/energy separate from myself. However, I do not feel as if this is a conscious entity looking down upon the Earth and making decisions for and about us. I believe in the divinity as opposed to a deity. I feel most worshipful when surrounded by the awesome-ness that is nature. I see "god" in sunrises and thunderstorms, spiderwebs and new born babes (of all species).

I do not believe in an incarnation of the divine, but I do believe in the power of prayer / meditation / energy work. (And to me, they are all the same.) I am the most skeptical believer in the paranormal that you will likely ever meet. Fore example: when somebody says "I'm clairvoyant", my first thought is "yeah right"... but on the other hand, I fully believe there are clairvoyants out there, and I myself have had clairvoyant episodes.

A Wiccan friend of mine once told me "And do ye harm to none." This is all the bible I have needed for many years. And above all, I believe in tolerance. I beleive there are MANY roads which lead to the same place... and thus, perhaps, we are ALL "right"... whether we be pagan, Christian, Muslim, or Scientologist... what matters is how you act and what you DO with your life.

Okay... wow... that got to be much more long winded than I intended... sorry!
With that said, I'd like to thank Tanya for her offer to mentor me... you're awesome! But I strongly agree that it takes a village to raise a child... and so I would love to chat with anybody who is interested in talking!

November 1st, 2007, 09:55 PM
I'm a newbie to MW but not to the paths of Paganism. If anyone wants a mentor I'd be happy to help out answering questions and giving guidance :). I am experienced in Celtic mythos, herbalism, Kabbalah, Cerimonial Magic, Empathics, Natural, Tarot and many other things.

Happy to have PM's from newbies needing a helping hand. Looking forward to meeting you.

November 2nd, 2007, 08:37 PM
I guess I'll out myself as a newbie. I'm Kris. I'm 27, married, and have I suppose 2 daughters. Tana will turn 7 in January and Kitiara will be born in January. Yes they're both to the same father...seems to be the first thing everyone asks. I haven't really chosen a path...so eclectic right now I guess. I was brought up in a psychotically strict Christian home. So I've gone from militantly religious in my early teens, tortured and struglling in my late teens and early 20's, to I guess agnostic in my mid 20's to searching the pagan paths as I enter my late 20's. I've been reading these forums alot. I'm also a part of a local pagan yahoo group. I've read Drawing Down the Moon, 21st Century Wicca, The Witch in Every Woman, Ancient Ways, and am about halfway through each Wicca: A guide for the solitairy practitioner and The Wheel of the Year. Well I put aside Wicca when I got to his book of Shadows Part cause I just didn't feel like delving into that part yet. I also picked up a book called Easy Tarot that came with the Gilded Tarot deck. I have a number of books that were leant to me that I haven't gotten to including The Ultimate book of shadows (by silver somebody...sorry too lazy and fat to go look right now) A witch alone, Everyday Magic, True Magick, and one of Ann Moura's books though I can't recall which off the top of my head. I've also ordered the big blue book and To Ride a Silver Broomstick, which someone reccomended. So that's kinda where I'm at right now.

I guess my main interests are herbalism (everything from medicinal uses to magical, to how to grow em) healing and magical uses of crystals, re awakening my intuition (hence my attempting to learn Tarot), and overall just a freedom from the control and guilt I found in Christianity.

Uh does that cover everything?

November 3rd, 2007, 12:24 PM
As a Mentor, I would also like to encourage the newbies to look through the Mentor threads and if you see anyone that seems like a good match or just strikes your fancy, please contact them! My mentee approached me first and we are getting along just fine.

November 4th, 2007, 01:00 AM
As a Mentor, I would also like to encourage the newbies to look through the Mentor threads and if you see anyone that seems like a good match or just strikes your fancy, please contact them! My mentee approached me first and we are getting along just fine.

Thanks Nitefalle.. I'll do this!

Haerfest Leah
November 4th, 2007, 08:29 AM

I agree with this idea I think better than the pairing since the newbie knows better who they think they want to learn from. I have just been contacted, (chosen) by a newbie upon your encouraging statement.

November 4th, 2007, 11:42 AM
I hope it works well for everyone.

But if you are a newbie who wants help finding a mentor, or vice versa, PLEASE feel free to contact me and I'll try to help. If this set-up is not working for anyone I am happy to help.

November 4th, 2007, 12:38 PM
Well, I've taken Nitefalle's advice and contacted some people from the Mentor Check In thread... so I'm okay there. BUT if there's someone that my posts remind you of... someone you think I should chat with, I'm open to suggestions!

Thanks again.

November 6th, 2007, 04:42 AM
I've contacted a couple of people already, but it's in my opinion that you can't have too much direction. I value those who are more experienced, and enjoy hearing multiple ways of thinking and going about things, so if you feel I'm good for anyone in particular, I wouldn't mind meeting them as well! ^_^

My name is Asuka and I'm 19 years old. I'm currently engaged! There's no date set just yet, it was more of a symbolic, commitment thing -- to truly explore our connection and as a pledge that we are more than just two people "seeing" each other, but two people willing to devote our lives to one another. We share similar beliefs in many subjects, and in many ways we are the same person. While I consider myself "Pagan" (a placeholder of sorts, until I decide precisely what kind of Pagan I am) he is simply agnostic. He's not sure what to believe. He accepts all paths and faiths. He was raised Baptist, and while I'm very nervous about meeting his side of the family, I hope I can forge bonds that go beyond religion with them. I'm a nice person, really! ^_^

As I said, I walk no set path. I've looked into Wicca, as that's where the majority of the books found around here deal with. They were helpful into introducing me to the basics of earth-based religions.

I am Otherkin, specifically Dragon. I don't know my the exact name of my kind, or where I originate from, but I believe that there is a purpose in my soul/spirit being here, in this place, in this time. I believe there is something I was meant to do or learn. I am at times frustrated by the mysteries of my own self, but I suppose that is the fun and experience of walking a path -- to fully learn oneself. That is why I sought out a Pagan path in the first place. I've no deities to look to, no specific gods or goddesses, and so for the time being Nature is my higher power. I've never felt so awestruck or breathless or utterly crushed by the vastness of the universe as I am in the midst of Nature.

My goal is to grow closer to Nature, the Earth and the rest of the Universe. That is my singular goal, no matter what I dabble in. I am also very interested in tarot, astrology, numerology, etc. I've also studied Kemeticism, the Lilithian sect of Satanism (I look up to the figure of Lilith not as a demon, but as a powerful and inspiring woman), and as I mentioned earlier, Wicca. I would like to broaden my horizons, however, and learn of other paths. Because the path that suits me could be out there, undiscovered by myself, and then I'd be left to wander.

If I'm at all *not* boring you, please feel free to contact me! I love talking to anyone and everyone!

November 6th, 2007, 07:01 PM
I am Otherkin, specifically Dragon. I don't know my the exact name of my kind, or where I originate from...

Asuka, I have to say I've never heard of this. What do you mean? Could you explain more? Feel free to PM if you think that more appropriate than an open thread.

November 7th, 2007, 02:39 PM
Asuka, I have to say I've never heard of this. What do you mean? Could you explain more? Feel free to PM if you think that more appropriate than an open thread.

Certainly! Depending on who you talk to, Otherkin can mean specific things. In any definition, however, it refers to those who feel their spirits are not human. In my case, I feel that this particular aspect of myself affects .. well, everything!

There are Otherkin of all kinds -- elves, gryphons, unicorns, etc. There are also "regular" animals, such as wolves or leopards, but they prefer to be called "therians" rather than be classified as Otherkin. Otherkin, according to therians, refers to "mythical" creatures. However, it is a common belief among 'Kin that "mythical" simply describes that these creatures exist on a different plane or come from other worlds which is why they are rarely seen by human eyes.

Also, especially among the other dragons I've talked to, there is a strong feeling that we each originated from another time, place, or world. There is a feeling of memories that lay undiscovered. In my case, I don't know what my kind refers to themselves as, or exactly where I come from. The only thing I do seem to know is my "true" name, which takes the place of my magickal name.

As to how I know of what I am, I often dream of other worlds, and have even had a brief glimpse of another form I've taken. I also have strong sensations of phantom limbs, such as a set of wings and a tail. You could think about it as having another life. Many 'Kin believe they have "missions" or reasons for living a life in human form.

I mentioned this because I feel it strongly affects myself as a Pagan. I believe that this is the reason why I even sought out a Pagan path in the first place.

I hope this clears things up for you, and anyone else who is curious. ^_^ If you would like to know more, you're welcome to PM me. I just felt it was worth mentioning on an open thread because there's no reason not to share!

November 13th, 2007, 03:06 AM
Hi, I'm Becky -- 31, female -- and I don't have a specific path yet. In fact, knowing me, I'll probably end up creating my own path! But I believe in the sanctity of nature and the interconnectedness of all things -- that you basically get what you give -- so whatever path I choose will reflect those things. I believe some kind of divinity created the universe, although I can't tell you whether it's male, female, one divinity, more than one, etc., or even if there's a way to know. Because I was raised Roman Catholic, I grew up with the image of the omnipotent male God in the sky with the long white beard. But I'd really like to see the divine as female, too, so I've been exploring Goddess worship. I need to free myself from the notion of there being just one male God and that people can only access him through another male (Jesus). I'm hoping that by getting past these things, I can learn to see my gender as beautiful and holy.

I've begun to explore the Celtic pantheon and Anglo-Saxon Paganism, and would like to learn about Stregoneria, since these were the religions of my ancestors. But I've found myself attracted to certain goddesses in other pantheons as well -- such as Athena and Oshun.

I'll be honest -- I'm skeptical of using tarot cards and other forms of divination to predict the future. I'm the kind of person who needs "proof" that things work. I'm not saying these forms of divination don't work -- just that I haven't seen "proof" of them working yet. But I am open to learning more about them. I believe connecting with others can only bring me closer to the divine.

November 17th, 2007, 09:10 PM
Primary Path: Wiccan-influenced Pagan
Interests: basically everything. I'm interested in divination, spells, gods/goddesses, and basically anything I can learn! :)

Lady Arwen
November 29th, 2007, 08:52 AM
Merry Meet all:

I am Lady Arwen I am 28yrs old, Female, Not sure as to my path yet. I am very much interested in Celtic.
I am divorced and remarried 2yrs already, I have 2 daughters 12 and 3 . Celtic Blessings Arwen :)

November 29th, 2007, 09:44 PM
Hi all...

my name is Tori, I'm 18.... um.. female-identified queer dyke of color... i hang around a lot in the LGBTQ comunity...

my pagan interests... well im not really sure... i've been on this path since I was 15... but i am interested in Green/Hedge Witchcraft... herbs, divination (tarot cards, runes, etc..), familar/spirit guides, meditation, etc

I have a love of Celtic things... its strange... really.. cause for a while I thought Brigid and Lugh were calling me... along with The Morrigan for a darker aspect... but then that went away... and Hekate seems to pop into my life...but the Diana/Artemis is slightly there as well.... I was going to go Dianic for awhile... but that didn't seem right either... i guess im just a drifter....

and The Morrigan came back... but im not sure if its her.... and I'm not trying to ignore her... but my spirituality seems to dwindle and drift sometimes... and i need a wake-up call...

its all so CONFUSING...

one thing i'm sure of is that Im not interested in Wicca...

im willing to learn anything and everything...

Green Mantle
November 29th, 2007, 10:52 PM

I am a 43 year old gay male. I am currently reading about Wicca, shamanism and druidism. I enjoy anything Celtic and am interested in learning more about Cernunnos/The Green Man.

While I like what I have read about Wicca, I have found that I am not really interested in learning about the Lady or the feminine aspects of Wicca. I was married for 20 years to a woman who was very domineering and overbearing, which left me feeling totally worthless and immasculated, and has totally soured me toward the feminine side.

Before deciding to look into Wicca, my beliefs were Christian, but I can no longer justify embracing a religion which will not embrace me.

I enjoy working with tarot and ogham, and would really like to make my own set of Ogham sticks using the correct woods. I am also interested in learning more about and working with totem animals and astral projection.

I would welcome a mentor to help me along the way

November 30th, 2007, 12:08 PM
I am a 23 year-old female. I haven't chosen a specific path yet because I haven't researched the different types thoroughly enough yet.
I would like to learn more about totem animals, the different deities, meditation (it's difficult for me), and spells. I want to fill my brain with knowledge and enlightenment!

November 30th, 2007, 08:34 PM
Hello my name is Harry but my magical name is Behrooz. I’m fairly new to the craft, it’s been about 5 yrs give or take…. I’m 35 was born in Was state but now live in Southern IL.
I consider my self-a Kitchen Witch mostly because I love to cook or bake or make candy or any thing else in the kitchen. I also want to learn more about Tarot and Spells, right now I am reading a lot but that’s mostly because I have fear of casting spells.
Am part of a teaching coven but with my work schedule its hard me to hook up with the coven. So I just read when I can or teach my self to read and learn about tarot.
Well that’s enough.

I also would laove to have a mentor..... thank you

December 22nd, 2007, 10:37 PM
I'm Camreon (that's my Craft name) i've been solitary for about a year now.. my family is really conservative (Christian) so i can't really tell them much or reach out outside internet...

I want a mentor to help me learn how to focus my energy and pull up shields/walls instead of closing down entirely when i Feel something "bad." Also just someone i can talk to when i don't have anyone else..

hope this doesn't sound too needy ;)

Blessed Be

December 24th, 2007, 03:15 PM
I'm 36, female, married and mother of one little 7month old son, in BC Canada. Have studied paganism/witchcraft for 11yrs now. I've been solitary for the whole 11yrs and I'm starting to feel lost and confused. I'm trying to find where I fit in but all I can find on the net is Wicca. I know that is not the path for me. Currently I'm looking into kitchen/hearth witchery and would like to learn and know more about Trad Witchcraft. There is nothing and no one in my area and like I said, I'm not finding much of anything on the internet. I need help and guidance. I know there are many paths within Trad Witchcraft but I cant seem to find much info on any of them. There seems to be very little listed (as expected I suppose) but lots on Trad Wicca (which again, I'm not interested in).

So, here I am. Looking, wanting and needing a mentor, a guide, a teacher, someone to talk with.

Thank you so much

December 30th, 2007, 07:05 PM
I am so new...so rural that it is extremely difficult to find information, peeps of like mind. I need guidance, there is so much out there on the web. I am very much interested in herbal healing, reiki, crystals, medition, spirit guides, familiars, practical magik, and living in balance with nature. I am not Christian nor do I think I ever have been, but came from a family who was so of course struggle with some of the faux paux associated with it. I want to find my own energy, my own way, and my own self, my own confidence and pride ...if that makes any sense and would love a guide to help me reach and explore my aspirations....Dont know how the whole pairing up thing works but it is only fair to warn any prospective mentors that I do come with some baggage, ei depression that doesnt seem to ever go away. Hopefully in finally taking the time to focus on me, choosing a path, standing up for beliefs, self discovery etc...will put it to rest..or at least at bay for awhile.

December 31st, 2007, 07:10 PM
I wasn't going to do this originally because I didn't want to bother anyone but...I'm going to after all. Lol.

I'm 22, female, and a writing major at a university. I'm just calling myself Pagan for now, but I'd really like to find the path that is right for me in the end. I'm having a lot of trouble doing that...the overwhelmed issue that everyone runs into at some time has got me cornered, lol. I'm also interested in tarot, herbs/plants/trees, and astral projection along with all the usual magic related things. I feel a strong connection to plants, but it's not as strong as I read others have. It's more...I like to look at them and they make me really calm and sometimes...I don't know. I like to think I get feelings from them, but I think I'm just projecting myself onto them. I'd still like to explore this, however. I don't have all that much time (who does?) because of college and work, but I feel like I need a guide. Someone to say, "why don't you try this out and get back to me?" or just to talk to me. I have a bad habit of wanting to learn everything all at once, and as a result learning nothing. And now that I've scared you all away...lol...I'll end this.

More about me...
http://mysticwicks.com/showpost.php?p=3389007&postcount=11 Learning Style

http://mysticwicks.com/showpost.php?p=3389011&postcount=16 how I choose paganism

January 20th, 2008, 01:14 AM
I would like to be adopted please. In all honesty, i have no idea what I'm doing.

la tortuga
January 20th, 2008, 01:40 AM
This is Caitlin/Sapph
I'm from Texas
I am female
I'm eighteen
I come from a Wiccan/Kitchen Witch family
etc, etc, etc,
I'm a geolgoy major, so I'm kind of hoping to incorporate that a bit more into my practice. Makes sense enough.

Anyway, I'm not a newbie by any means but lately I feel I've fallen off the path and I'm looking to get back on track...

So I think I need a new mentor. Plain and simple. I've been fed Dianic information my whole life, it's time to get a different spin on things from someone more personal. :D

January 21st, 2008, 02:10 AM
Hey caitlin....I decided to join you. I thought about it and having a mentor could be a HUGE asset to learning and following the Path.....I kinda fell off it myself for a while, and have recently rededicated myself to learning.

My name's Denikka (Den-ee-ka)
I'm 18 years old, 19 on Spetember 21st
I live in BC, Canada
I've been calling myself a witch since I was about 12. I found the path at that age and have followed my own version of it and researching ever since. I've never been one for spells or rituals, but I'd like to learn.
I'm pure eclectic. I don't follow any traditional path. I take a lot of things from all over and incorperate them into my own Path
I'd like to learn about everything. I take stuff from just about everywhere. If it feels right to me, then I incorperate it.
I personally prefer a more structured learning system. Something where I have to get certain things done in a certain amount of time. I work SO much better when I have a deadline.
So yea.I think that's about it
Blessed Be

January 24th, 2008, 05:37 PM
Hello! I'm a 15-year-old female eclectic Wiccan who is solitary, but would love a mentor to talk to about, well, anything. I'm still learning and would like tips, especially from another solitary if possible. I've been Pagan/a witch for over a year and a half, but realized that I was Wiccan that whole time in around Spring 2007. I haven't advanced too far because I'm not really sure where to go from where I am. Thank you for reading! :)

January 24th, 2008, 08:49 PM
Hi my name is Teenah. I'm 18 soon to be 19 in April.

I am interested in Green Witchcraft or Wicca.

um... I've read most of Ann Moura's Books as well as Poppy Palin and I lurk over on the Kitchen/Hegde witch Paths forum....

I'm a college student, but I could use a mentor and any advice anyone would like to give me.

February 1st, 2008, 10:58 AM
Hey newbies - feel free to PM any mentor who seems like a good fit if you like, they are very friendly and happy to get messages :) But if you would like me to help feel free to PM me and I'll see what I can do to get you hooked up ;)

February 5th, 2008, 05:04 AM
Epoch, male, 25

i have no idea as to what my path is. never knew that many paths existed. mainly i came here just to learn and hopefully find a path.

Miss Dana
February 6th, 2008, 04:41 PM
My name is Dana. I'm 18, female, and trying to find my place in paganism. I'm not sure what my path is yet, but I have a strong interest in Celtic Paganism.

February 10th, 2008, 10:26 PM
Hi my name is Jamie, I'm 20 (almost 21 yay!) Female. I have been studying Gnosticism for the past 6 years. Most of my studies are intellectually based as there are no gnostic churches in my area and very hard to find other gnostics. I am however interested in paganism as well. I have lots of interests actually they are as follows: Stones and crystals, astrology, tarot, shamanism, Greek mythology, pretty much all mythologies and folklores, and Herbs (magick or herbology), astral projection and dreams. lol pretty much everything.

February 16th, 2008, 10:25 AM
hi my name is jared lieske. i am 16 years old and i live in clyde, ohio.

i really have no idea what path i follow, on account of i havent had a lot of time to devot to the practice. However, i now have all the time in the world, and i could really use a mentor to help teach me and direct me down the right path for me. i really hope that you pick me as an apprentice. I would be ever grateful.

Much love to all,
jared lieske

February 17th, 2008, 07:48 PM
Hi I am maryanne a newbie of course, 52 female . My listed username was an error during registration as I wanted maryanne and do not know how to correct this. I am not sure of my path but am very interested in the Faery Seership, hedgewitch ,Celtic . I have been reading Orion Foxwood and it feels good and clicks with me. I also believe in totem aimal and spirit guides and would love to know how to discover mine. I am addicted to the scent of the rich moist earth after a warm summer rain also lavender oiland incense. I really do not think I would be comfortable with large ceremonial rituals as I am a somewhat private person but then again I never experienced anything like that. I believe in the ancestors and spirits of he past and want to be one with the earth and nature. I want to learn all I can and find my true path. Thank you for this opportunity.

February 20th, 2008, 03:06 AM
I am Rachelle... 28yr old Female... I am married and have one son who will soon be 1... I am quite new to the pagan paths, and I haven't labeled myself yet... probably never will, my husband however practiced for a good 5 years and has fallen off the path and doesn't seem to want to get back on just yet... I work, and take care of my family and that doesn't leave me with much time... I would really like to learn the basics of ritual and spells... something that doesn't involve a lot of time and structure... I would also love to learn more about the full moons, such as what type of energy each moon represents etc. ... I've read a few books and have a big book list to conquer, but I learn more by doing... just not sure where to start...

February 20th, 2008, 09:45 AM
hi i am tracy

my nan has a natural ability to feel vibes and comunicate with close relitives but never went on to develop this. that got me interested and i went to the church a few times. i felt this wasnt for me and many of the phycis didnt really convince me.
i stared on here a while ago and have tryed tarot but i dont feel it !!!! however i seem to have an uncanny ability to dream and know warning and diagnose animal illness by instint mmmmmmmmm....... now saying this makes me feel very odd. but i would like to develop this and start to understand if this is a gift and how to develop this.
i learn by pictures although i read a lot

so if anyone understands what i have just said or feels like they might be able to help then pls drop me a line

thanx xxxxx

February 25th, 2008, 03:13 AM
I'm Colleen, 31 yo woman; I am a panentheist, solitary, nature worshipping... I don't really have a path yet, I'm still sorting out a lot of things. I was a church-going monotheist until a few months ago so I don't know how to "be" anything else.

I would love to learn more about a Goddess path. I'm also interested in kitchen witchery and whatever path I take, that will be part of it. Or all of it. I'm not sure! Lots to learn on all counts.

March 2nd, 2008, 08:12 PM
Hi, my name is Brandon, and I just so happen to be male...uh, I am an Irish Reconstructionist. Um....pagan interests? I like studying mythology and anthropology. And, yeah, I really like the idea of these mentors.

March 3rd, 2008, 10:33 AM
My name is Brian. I'm 21 years old and I'm wanting to follow an Earth-based path with Celtic influences, some Shamanism, Wicca-influence, Green/Kitchen Witch path, and magickal herbalism.

I've been a Witch for 8 years and still a newbie at the Craft. I still need to start my Grimoire (which I prefer using rather than Book of Shadows) and focus on my path with more clarity.

Toki Wartooth
March 3rd, 2008, 02:38 PM
I've read a lot of the other threads in this forum...so I hope I'm not doing anything wrong, gah. I wasn't 100% sure where to post.

Hi. I've been around before, but I was gone for...at least a year, I believe. I also have a tendency to lurk. Anyway, my name's Mercedes, just like my username says. Here's the other info requested in the OP:

Primary path: Influenced by ancient Rome, but not Roman Recon.

Other [pagan] interests: Tarot (getting a new pack Thursday, woo!), meditation/prayer, dream interpretations...

I could've sworn I had more interests to add to that last list, but I'm not sure what else to add. The only other important thing I can think to mention is that my two patron gods are Apollo and Mercury, if that means something to someone.

I'm also not entirely positive what it is I want to learn by gaining a mentor...but I feel like I need some kind of instructor or guide. I tend to be very self-disciplined, but sometimes "life" gets in the way and I need nudging. I haven't been pagan for about a year, so I'm just trying to get back into the spiritual swing of things.

March 4th, 2008, 03:58 PM
Ello my name is Jesse, I'm 30 yrs old, and used to practice Druidism. Has been several years sence I last messed with it and am looking to get back into it but not quite sure where to start.

March 5th, 2008, 08:44 PM
Ello my name is Jesse, I'm 30 yrs old, and used to practice Druidism. Has been several years sence I last messed with it and am looking to get back into it but not quite sure where to start.
I'm newish to Paganism.That is iv'e been picking bits up here and there but not done anything about it until now,and decided 2008 was going to be the year i did something about it.I was brought up a christian,and have tried diffrent beliefs,but didn't feel comfortable.I'm leaning towards wicca as iv'e always felt at one with nature,but don't know which path to take asfar as covens go,orvwhether to go solo.I'm a bit phychic also,mainly reading from objects.Could do with some help in finding my way please.

Divine Incarnate 16
March 6th, 2008, 10:36 AM
Hello, My name is Alexandra and I'm 16. I'mfrom Chandler, Arizona and I'm not exactly new to paganism, just new to this community. If anyone can be a spiritual mentor for me, I would like that. I'm looking for one at the moment.

Divine Incarnate 16
March 6th, 2008, 10:37 AM
you're looking for a mentor too Gray Wlf?

Divine Incarnate 16
March 6th, 2008, 10:38 AM
what is your lifepath? mine is seven.

March 6th, 2008, 10:46 AM
you're looking for a mentor too Gray Wlf?

Aye, I am looking for a mentor aswell, tis been several years sence i have practiced anything and don't remeber much of anything. I have recently been pulled back to Druidism for which reasons i'm not quite sure but i'm not going to question why, just go with it. :)

March 21st, 2008, 02:20 AM
I'm leaning towards wicca as iv'e always felt at one with nature,but don't know which path to take asfar as covens go,orvwhether to go solo.

This is the same boat that I am in! Though I am very new, just starting out, in fact.
I am also interesting in learning more about crystals and stones, as I have acquired some as well as a written list of what they are "good for" but not sure as to what I should do with them. I have been reading around the boards on and off, I lurk a lot, but I figured now is a good a time as any to come in and say hello. :)

Amanda Mitchell
March 25th, 2008, 09:39 PM
My name is Amanda. I am 22 years old and a Southern Belle through and through - been in Ga my whole life.
I don't really know that I have one set path (yet)... I guess some might call me "eclectic"
My interests are... oh goddess... anything and everything really. I just wanna learn! :)

March 29th, 2008, 03:34 PM
I'm Maryann, 34, in most ways i am relatively new to Paganism. much my of my life I've done solitary studies on and off. I'm not really sure of where my path stands. I have a strong connection to Cats.
Like to learn more about History, spells and rituals, psychic abilities, holidays, sabbats, thats just to name a few .

March 30th, 2008, 10:01 PM
I guess I should probably through my name out there too as I really want to learn more about spell casting and performing rituals in particular. I've beens studying Wicca on and off for a few years and understand the ethics and philosophy behind it, but haven't felt ready to fully devote myself to it until now.

April 5th, 2008, 03:39 PM

I am Ricky and I am 20 years old. I say I am an informed newbie because I know a bit about Paganism, well for that matter a lot of things hehe I am a nerd. I don't have a set path or tradition. I use the Bruce Lee philosophy when it comes to a belief system, I use what works for me. I am looking for a mentor or mentors to share knowledge with. If anyone is interested drop me a message.

May You Live In Happiness,

April 11th, 2008, 07:15 AM
Think i have to join this thread.

I come from a family in wich occult and magick is in touch with us. Not really informed of what Peopleism is, I consider myself a non-alligned self-taught. But when we are talking of this types of knowledges, comes a time when you have to search for new ways to obtain what you look for.

And so I am here to look for all the knowledge that anyone can offer to me. Really interested in things like energy/chakra, spells, rituals, gardening, stones and really in all magical and mystical side of our lives.

May the blessing of the Goddess be with all of you.

April 19th, 2008, 10:35 AM
Well, like an awful lot of people here I'm not sure what to say.

I'm Luxuria, 17, I don't want a *religion* but I do want to learn about witchcraft, and spiritual guidance.

I haven't read through an awful lot of the forum yet and I am unsure on a path to follow, but a helping hand would be greatly appreciated.

I am incredibly new to the whole concept of Wicca/Paganism because I was brought up in a straight laced family and my mother is incredibly ignorant of anything other then what she knows.
I am keen to know and learn more, but I don't generally takes things how they are given to me.
I hope I don't sound like a problem student, lol. I'm not, honestly, I just don't like to believe everything I get told the first time.

Dragon Moon
April 27th, 2008, 11:02 PM

I'm a 23 CA girl, born and raised. I have so many things I'm interested in, too many to list. Short version: aromatherapy, herbs, oils, stones and crystals. I'm also in the broom closet.

(partly taken from my covenspace, DragonMuse) Iíve been on and off this path for many years. I couldnít stick to it because of circumstances. The circumstances havenít changed but here I am once again. I see myself at more of the crone stage of my life because of how my life has been. Iíve wanted more of the feminine since May 16, 2007. I had to have a major operation done that day. Over the years Iíve made many mistakes and I believe burnt bridges with certain deities (Greek) and a pantheon (again Greek), I donít believe that it can be fixed. I wanted to start from the beginning, clean slate. Even though I want more of the feminine Iím still very much so drawn to the god. I know why I am and I still want that. I consider myself a baby, I havenít learned to crawl or walk yet.

I was raised a Christian. Coming from that to this is difficult, one of the reasons I have had trouble sticking with this. There are other reasons but they all come back to Christianity. However, Christianity isn't the reason why I'm so drawn to the god. It's because I never had a male in my life that really cared about me or protected me.

I always said I needed a mentor and I'm glad this is here. I think I was meant to come here when I did :)

Amanda Mitchell
April 27th, 2008, 11:04 PM
Welcome to MW Dragon Moon!!! (((hugs)))

April 29th, 2008, 11:45 PM
I'd like to have a mentor to help teach me solitary Eclectic Wicca. :)

April 30th, 2008, 12:27 AM
Hi! I am a twenty-eight year old female who has been searching for a religion/belief system that I am comfortable with. I have read a little about Wicca over the years and it is something that I am comfortable with and just makes sense to me. I am hoping to learn much more and am thrilled to see so many like minded people. :thumbsup:

April 30th, 2008, 01:05 AM
Hey all. Just stopping by and offering my services.

You'll find my detail in the mentors thread. It may even be the last entry.

Amanda Mitchell
April 30th, 2008, 01:15 AM
:wave: hi Ruby

April 30th, 2008, 02:02 AM
:wave: hi back.

May 5th, 2008, 01:53 PM
Name: ForsakenxVoices/Brittany
Primary Path: I'm mostly eclectic, I'm not sure how I would classify myself yet.
I am interested in learning more about:
~Egyptian paganism
~Celtic paganism
~spell and ritual crafting
~I'm also interested in Voodoo if anyone knows anything about it.
~Learning more about the Sabbats and Esabats

I also hope to find a mentor who can help me sort through all the rubbish that one can find on the internet!

Broken Winds
May 5th, 2008, 06:44 PM
Hey, I'm Broken Winds (aka BW or Anna). I'm sixteen years old, almost seventeen, and I I'm a junior in high school. Some of my interests include: Astrology, Tarot, Meditation, Egyptian and Greek pantheons, Fae, the Elements, Sabbats, and Esbats. Possibly Kitchen magic too. It would be wonderful to have a mentor who could guide me on my way to higher knowledge!

P.S.: I emailed a message to the email address given, and my email was reported as a failure, so has the email address changed . . . or something??

Kyra Kismet
May 9th, 2008, 06:21 AM
So I have been a member of this forum for sometime.
Grew up in a 'pagan' family who celebrate summer and winter solstice.
I am about to live by myself, for the first time.
I really want to find the right path for me, I'm not even sure what path to take, I truly need a mentor that will be open minded, not force any path onto me, but help me research and make sure I'm not reading rubbish, because there is alot of rubbish out there.

May 9th, 2008, 06:51 AM
So I have been a member of this forum for sometime.
Grew up in a 'pagan' family who celebrate summer and winter solstice.
I am about to live by myself, for the first time.
I really want to find the right path for me, I'm not even sure what path to take, I truly need a mentor that will be open minded, not force any path onto me, but help me research and make sure I'm not reading rubbish, because there is alot of rubbish out there.

I can't speak for any particular path, such as Druidic, Wiccan, etc. as I don't exactly follow one. I'm not the best person to tell you what's rubbish and what's not either.

What I can tell you is the path I follow, my beliefs, etc.

It's up to you to make up your own mind.

May 14th, 2008, 07:42 PM
Hello =D

Here is the basic info:

Name: Valentine
Primary Path: I am not entirely sure how I would classify myself right now. So, I am pretty much at the beginning of my path and discoveries.

*Eclectic Wicca
*Herbs, Stones, ect.
*The Goddess

I take an interest in a lot of things to be honest. I love to learn and be knowledgeable about things. I haven't chosen a certain path yet cause I am still trying to discover what is all out there. I know that my Irish/Celtic, Native America, and African roots are very infused in me and I am always drawn to things dealing with their type of beliefs; I know a lot about the Irish/Celtic and very interested in their Goddess. (Aine, Anu, and Morrigan are the ones I tend to lean toward).

Right now, I just want to learn as much as I can and have someone who could help me out on this path. I find that it helps to know you have someone there to answer your questions or point you in the right direction or just introduce you to some other things you haven't thought or heard much about.

I know i will find the right path I want to go on, but it's nice to have a mentor while I am on the journey. So, if anyone would be interested, please don't hesitate to contact me. Thank you so much.

May 15th, 2008, 04:43 AM
Hey, I would like to apply for a mentor :)

My name is Ellie, I'm 23 (edit: I'm actually 24 lol...brain freeze) and I'm from England. I don't know my path as of yet but I am very interested in things like:

- divination
- sabbats
- herbalism
- moon phases and rituals
- kitchen witchery

There are more but that's all I can think of at the moment.

May 15th, 2008, 04:47 AM
Hey, I would like to apply for a mentor :)

My name is Ellie, I'm 23 (edit: I'm actually 24 lol...brain freeze) and I'm from England. I don't know my path as of yet but I am very interested in things like:

- divination
- sabbats
- herbalism
- moon phases and rituals
- kitchen witchery

There are more but that's all I can think of at the moment.

pm'd you.

May 22nd, 2008, 10:03 PM

I have worn many coats in my walk down this road, I have walked down paths with Baltic, Celtic, Greek & Roman Gods, sometimes shedding the coat all together out of fear and stupidity. I know that I am in the right place… It wasn’t until I read the description of Eclectic Pagan did I realize that yes, I am okay, I am in the right spot.

For a while I practiced Wicca when I was 20… but always felt very strange doing the spells in a coven and on my own. So here I am, almost 28 and on the path once again.

I LOVE my tarot cards and the learning the meaning behind everything (stones, dream meaning, divination, crystals, trees, herbs, food… etc) I don’t know what I am called, what I practice… I just am.

I want to learn more about animal familiars, healing, meditation, Empath Protection (I actually think learning how to protect yourself is something everyone should learn…) and about Divination. Possible Hedge/Green since I feel a strong connection with the Earth right now. Very deep and powerful and it feels like its yelling at me...

I also have been interested in Buddhism due to the recent uprising in China with Tibet….

Victor Violet
May 23rd, 2008, 05:28 PM
Well this is going to be a bit long so bare with me here.

I am 19 (nearly twenty) and have been studying Wicca and eclectic paths on and off for 4 years. However recently I have found myself drawn to recon paths. Particularly Kemetic/Egyptian but I'm also interested in other paths as well such as Asatru, Hellenismos, Druidic/Celtic Recon and any religions really. I'm trying to find my feet where it comes to religion and have really only figured out that my beliefs are polytheistic. I am willing to learn about any religion (except Christianity as I spent years in it) especially since I'd like to one day own a alternative religion store.

I am also interested in divination (any but especially Tarot and runes). And maybe stones as well? Or the Fae?

I'm really open to learning about just about anything and am very open-minded when it comes to learning new things. I'm willing to be introduced to just about anything.

I know that there are a lot of subjects here but I've decided that the best way to find out which path(s) are for me is to learn them in depth and practise them to find out how they "feel". I'm afraid that I've only studied a little bit on many of these subjects in the past due to time constraints, school, and various other things which I've managed to start to free myself of (mostly).

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Victor Violet

May 31st, 2008, 09:29 PM
My name is Megan, I'm 18 years old, living in Olympia, WA with my boyfriend of one and a half years. I'm adventurous, curious, and very quick to learn things (along with very quick to want to TRY things). I'm looking for a mentor to help me get a grip on what being Pagan truly means to me. I'm not sure what I believe, and thus what sect I fall into. My dream mentor would live nearby so perhaps he or she would either know of resources I could access in my area, or maybe we could get together and he or she could take me on as a part time apprentice. Of course, this is only an ideal, as it seems the map representing members on this site doesn't have anyone but me in my area.

My goal in truth is to learn, and to discover. I am particularly fond of earth magic, and am interested in just about everything under the sun and moon.

Thank you.

June 2nd, 2008, 12:32 AM
I'm Mike, i'm 20.. and well, a little confused in paths right now.
Primary Path: I don't know.. i'm very new to magic, only attempted to enchant two things, because they "spoke" to me, though one didn't work out so well (I didnt do it, i let my girlfriend at the time do it..) I had a friend who was a necromancer, and i learned some... interesting.. stuff from them.. I did something really dumb with what i learned, and i swore off those teachings(for personal reason)
Virtually anything, but from what i've been told I need to seek out a bard.. I randomly feel object, I can almost sense the "note" of a certain item, if that makes sense?
My main interests are in protection, earth, and enchanting.. I also have a very close relationship with the earth if that helps any? But yeah, i hope i have enough information to be matched up with someone?

Karri Morgan
June 2nd, 2008, 06:14 PM

I am Karri Morgan, and interested in the newbie program! It is still running, right? In that case, Id like to apply!

I am an Ecclectic (hope thats the right spelling), inclined towards Dianic Wicca/Tamerian/egyptology. At least that is how it has developed. I am fairly okay with techniques and facts.

My problem areas are;

- The relationship with the Goddess and God (mostly Him, not so much Her).
- The subconcious work.
- Visualization
- Faith in my own ability to conjure energy and make magic.
- The creation and intergration of my path, so that it will be more defined and unique for me.

Wow. This was sort of a lot. I should warn, I think I am a bit of a challenge, but I would really appreciate some guidance from someone that have felt some of these issues first hand, and got through it, and found their peace with their faith, with the Universe.

Oh, and just for fun, because it annoys me, it would be great if you could also teach me pendeling. Because it bugs me that I cant do it... :P

Thanks for reading!

July 1st, 2008, 06:10 AM
First of all I think this mentoring program is a great idea! As a solitary practitioner, I can read all the books, essays and articles, but sometimes it’s great to have someone to help guide you J

My name is Shasta, 30 years old…

I started out at 12 years old as an atheist – mostly because I thought you either believed in god or you didn’t. After high school I found the pagan / wiccan path and have been ‘worshipping nature’ ever since. I guess you could say I’m a solitary eclectic wiccan?

In the last couple of years I have become very serious about expanding my knowledge and shaping my path.

I’m looking for a mentor to help with / discuss some of these things:

-tarot (have had my own deck for years, but would love to become versed)
-HERBS (and herbal magick)
-constructing ritual tools / outdoor altars (I’m in the process of making my outdoor altar)
-sabbats / esbats
-energies (specifically moon related)
-astrology (I know this is a lot to learn, but I’ve always wanted to be able to read my own chart)

If any of these things fall in the way of your path, feel free to pm me!

July 5th, 2008, 11:35 PM
HI there, I would like to apply for a Mentor.

My name is Adam, I’m 24. My path is not yet fully clear to me but I have a strong feeling towards Celtic, Cernunnos to be specific.

I'm looking for help in the following areas

- General Celtic path knowledge, rights, and rituals.
- Runes
- Construction of ritual tools
- Construction of an indoor alter
- Meditation
- Earth and rain weather based energies. (I’ve always felt a strong pull to rain and or thunderstorms.

Thank you for any help.

July 8th, 2008, 12:17 PM
Hey everyone.
I am Sarah. I am not new to Mystic wicks. I signed up a few years back and lost internet and moved alot causing me to lose touch with alot of things. I don't have a specific path . I am really looking to learn and to find my "fit" I guess you could say.
Kalika had been my orignal mentor and she was wonderful til we kinda lost touch.
Hopefully I can find someone to help me out in all the areas I need to learn. I am looking forward to finally finding somewhere I feel like I am welcome and finally something I believe in and can work towards, a path.
Hopefully this doesn't sound retarded since I don't really know much about how or why it happens but there are definately things I think I have been able to do for a long time also that I would like to learn about. Such as:
I have had several dreams that have I guess you could say fortold something to come. Ie: the night before one of my best friends from high school died I had a dream I was at a funeral and could not see the face in the casket. I found out the next day he had died and went to the funeral with 4 friends, the same friends I was sitting next to in the dream.
Seeing and feeling things happens alot when I am open to it. I got scared for a while and kinda shut myself out. Hopefully learning more about these things will abolish that.
I was born into a very christian family, went to a baptist church growing up and I suppose in a generalized manner there are some things that I can connect with but overall I have always think I have known I don't fit in there completely . As far as religion goes have felt kinda lost about the whole thing.
There are so many things I would love to learn and hopefully someone out there can help me in some way

July 13th, 2008, 09:37 AM
Good morning to all! My name is Nicole and I am just beginning to solidify all that I believe and know to be true. I am looking for mentor(s) to help guide me and teach me more about:

- Earth-based/Universal-energy based paths: I'm unsure which/what I am looking for but I feel strongly that all things have life energy and that there is a universal connectedness and am looking to find a path that I can identify with
- Animal totems and spirit guides
- Herbalism (and natural medicine)
- Using energy for healing
- Honing my empathy and strengthening my clairsentience (in order to help myself and others as well as understand the spirit energies that 'flicker' in and around me)
- Improving focus and finding insight through meditation
- Angels and Faeries: This may be random but when I meditate, I feel that I have wings and actually meditate on 'sensing' through them. When I was 5 years old I don't know if it was the empathy or the wings talking but I have always felt drawn to angels and faeries (even told my Kindergarten class that I wanted to be an angel when I 'grew up') and would like to learn more about them in order to find out why these beings are so important to me on an unexplainable level (Someone actually took a picture of me when I was deep in thought once - we were in a group setting and I was unaware of it going on and they actually came up to me and told me that they thought it was cool that they captured pink and blue streaks behind my back that looked like wings!? The picture was crystal clear in its depiction!)

- Also if you happen to know a language other than English, I absolutely LOVE linguistics and am interested in learning other languages so that would be a random non-pagan-related bonus (just thought I'd put that out there)

Shawn Cameron
July 16th, 2008, 05:54 PM
Hi, I go by Shawn and I am a 21 year old Female looking for someone to learn with as well as from. I am a hard Polytheist dedicated to Loki and his wife Sigyn and my interests are many but focus primarily on Ritual in daily life, Relationships with the Gods, Energy work, Meditation and Magick.

August 7th, 2008, 10:47 PM
I'm CemetaryRaven, I'm new to the Craft, and I basically would like to learn more about herbs (how to grow them, ect.), the God/ddess, gems/crystals, right now I can't think of what else, but there is more.

August 8th, 2008, 07:40 AM
Hi everyone :bigredgri

I am a 28 year old female looking to find someone who could help me move in a forward direction. I don't have a specifically defined path, but I feel a connection to Shamanism and some aspects of Wicca. I adore animals and the Earth, and would love some advice/guidance on how to put my beliefs/thoughts into actions....meditation, divination etc.

Blessed Be

Solitude Wind

August 9th, 2008, 06:02 PM
My name is Amethyste Rayne. I am not really new to Paganism or MW, but I am looking for a mentor in several areas.

I am 28 yrs old. I am a handfasted housewife. I have been studying paganism for about ten years now. I am especially interested in chakras, Tarot, Herbalism, Palmistry, Aroma therapy, contruction of spells and rituals, construction of a BOS (please, goddess, someone help me with this! i am so overwhelmed by just the idea!) kitchen witchery, crystal and gem magick. that's just a few. I am ecclectic to the max. I draw a little from everywhere, including my christian upbringing.

What I am looking for in a mentor is someone to run things by who has had a life firmly rooted in paganism. Someone who will be able to keep in contact with me on - at the very least - a semi regular basis. In short, I have read every scrap of information i could get my hands on and now I want someone who has put things into action to help me move past just knowing and gathering the information.

August 25th, 2008, 10:36 PM
Hi everyone, I'm Emily. I don't have a specific path but I'm interested in any kind of Paganism. I'm looking for something who loves the Earth and nature like I do and who is firmly rooted in what they believe and can share that with me.

August 28th, 2008, 03:24 PM
Hi, I'm a 22 year old male, and my interests have been thus far hard to pinpoint...

I enjoy reading Tarot and Auras; and recently I've been looking into Druidry or being a Bard, but I only half know what I believe, because all the information I have is as yet unfocused, so its all very confusing...

August 28th, 2008, 03:45 PM
I am Janice, 52 female, and a returning member under a new name. I have travelled several paths, and learned that I have a LOT to learn. I am from TEXAS! Yea! And am independent in my thinking. If I don't follow a single path here, why should I be a democrat or a republican or any of the evils of politics. That doesn't mean that I don't have opinions on the subject.
I take no prisoners. But I am also a kind soul.

August 30th, 2008, 12:17 AM
Hello I am Amy, an 18-year-old female, and I live in Washington

So far I am an eclectic wicca but am open to learning about different paths, I would like to learn how to create oils and other tools, I would like to discover who I am (ex. my element, herb, animal, etc.) through magick, I'd like to learn about the holidays, and potions knowledge.

August 30th, 2008, 02:59 PM
I'm Arianrhod, I'm a twentysomething young female Otherkin Hybrid. I'm interested in learning more about Metaphysics, Chakras, Meditation, Astral Realms, Astral Projections, Dreams, Astrology, Numerology, Tantra, Goddess Consorts, 13 High Moons, Celtic Pantheon, Druidry, The Secret (Law of Attraction), Theosophy, Tarot, Kabbalah, Sufism, Phases of the Moon, Awakening Psychic Abilities, Healing Power of Music, Yoga, Dance, Crystals, Reiki, Hermetic Tradition, Emerald Tablet, Inner Goddess, Totems and Spirit Guides, Power of Words Alternate Realities and the ElectoMagnetic Spectrum, Consciousness in all its many forms, Shiva and Shakti Myth, Cupid and Psyche Myth, Yantra Ceremonies, Hieros Gamos, Cosmic Duality, the god tarot deck that I forget what its called, Avatars like Krishna, Symbolism, Flowers, Reincarnation, Energy Fields, Valkyries, Otherkin Culture ...

I don't know what this path means for me exactly, like I don't know the name of it, but, this is me, and I'm ready to learn, should my Mentor appear and desire to teach me ....

~*Trinity Aura*~
September 6th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Hi! I'm 19 and from Pennsylvania. From the time I was little I was a christian but I have lost my faith due to a few reasons. But I've been looking into other religions and I think Wicca would be a great path. But one thing I dont quite understand is what the difference between wiccan and pagan is.

September 6th, 2008, 05:06 PM
i've been here for about a week or two but i decided to post in here to see if i could make some friends/people who could help me out or whatever ^_^

i'm 17, female from illinois
Just recently decided to do what i want and study paganism as i've been drawn to it for the longest time but various reasons lead me to disregard it for the longest time. I'm leaning towards wicca atm, but i don't know. i want to/plan to read a lot about a lot of different paths, just to see waht's out there. I'm interested in numerology, crystals and gems, astrology and pendulum magic(k) right now mostly. I love to learn (i'm a pretty big nerd i have to say :hahugh:) and i'm a photographer and an artist.
but i'm fun i promise ^_^ (ObnoxiousCelticGuard is my boyfriend but is ignoring me around here :lol: but he's fun too)

i dunno what else i was supposed to put if there was anything specific or not ^_^

September 7th, 2008, 09:19 AM
hey all,

I've been around for a month or so, lurking and posting occasionally... I figured I'd post in here :) I'm 19, I live in the New England area, I'm going to Exeter, RI next week to start training at Job Corps.. but I'll be online every now and then.. mostly I'm looking for friends :)

I'm interested in learning / knowing more about:
~ earth-based/ nature connected spirituality... I have this belief that there is a spirit in everything, I'm not sure what that's called, but I connect greatly with nature, animals, plants, rocks, and the elements.

~I dont really connect to diety yet, I generally use Lord and Lady and personify them with and in nature. I can't seem to connect with any set pantheon and dont like the idea of mixing and matching gods and goddesses... its somehow seems disrespectful to culture. i dunno. I havent really sorted out everything yet.

~Psychism and Psychometry- I have some empathic ability, I'm really good with aura reading, tarot cards, and a slight telepathy (it comes and goes). I own two tarot decks, the Animals Divine and the World Spirit; both work really well for me.

~ totem animals and spirit guides... I practice a regular meditation, and I have yet to come across this subject. I tend to shy away from the popular animal guides like ravens, crows, owls, hawks, bears, wolves, foxes, and the like... there are a ton of other animal energies out there that are useful as well. I used to have contact with a spirit guide but I waslike 15 and the thought of that scared me, I'm more open and accepting now of my abilities

~ I know alot about herbal lore and what different herbs are used for.

~ I'm more of a simple light a candle and say and intent type of girl, folk magick if you will

September 15th, 2008, 05:54 PM

My name is Arcanelle, or Breanna, or Ann. (My penname is Ann Robinson.) Whicever name you prefer. I'm 17, and I live in Knoxville, Tennessee.

I would like to study Wicca, though I'm interested in learning a little about other Pagan paths. I've been raised Christian by my mom, and as a Jehovah's Witness once I moved in with my grandmother. I really like a lot of the stories in the Bible and I think it's a good read, but it's not the religion for me.

Paganism first interested me when I read The Mists of Avalon. Recently one of my friends became interested in Wicca, so I started studying it with him, and it really stood out to me. I have a few friends that are studying Wicca, the one I mentioned and one other. The whole concept of the religion really appealed to me.

I'm interested in divination as well, and would like to learn to use runes or tarot cards. I also wouldn't mind learning rituals and magic, as well as herbal lore.

September 15th, 2008, 10:49 PM
My name is Alorelith Rose, i'm 18, I live in Minnesota and I'm looking for a mentor. I'm a procrastinator and am in desperate need of someone who guide me back on to my path when I stray. I know this is the religion for me and I've been researching it lightly for quite a few years. It's time I take the plunge, I need someone who I can look up to, get along with, and spend lengths of time talking to about personal as well as spiritual life. Male or female, young or old, rich or poor.. as long as you're willing to walk with me. <3

September 15th, 2008, 11:29 PM
Hello, I'm Avlyn and I'm still seeking my path. I'm 25 and have two cool Ragdolls and one stubborn rabbit boy, I love animals and my interests are history and reading. Maybe someone might like to mentor me :) hoever I have no idea which direction I'm looking at. :hrmm:

~*Trinity Aura*~
September 17th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Hi! I am pretty new to this. I want to learn more about Wicca, but the thing is, anymore anyone I ask, either ignores me or points me in the wrong direction. Does someone know what I'm doing wrong?

September 17th, 2008, 10:27 PM
Hi Im Bethanie,
Im 14,
grade 9.
i dont have a primary path, im still kinda searching,
looking for mentor please?:bow:

September 19th, 2008, 01:20 AM
Hey. My name is Nicholas. I am 18 years old. I live in Chehalis, Washington. I am new to the faith. I have been agnostic for the past few years. I have been studying Paganism, Wicca, and Druidism. I have most interest in Either Paganism or Druidism. I am unsure of all of the facts about each. But I am sure that this is the path for me. I have taken keen interest in it for some time. I am looking for someone local, or someone close enough to meet. I would like to be taught, mentored, shown the way. If you are experienced, or have been in this faith long enough to teach, please contact me @ nicholas_auzston@yahoo.com or on my myspace @ the friend id listed in my profile url. Thank you.

October 3rd, 2008, 10:58 PM
As my info states, I am twenty-one, though soon to be twenty-two. I was raised in a Baptist community and still live there, but I dropped the church when I was about ten or elven. I've been to a few since then, but never for more than a few weeks. The specifics and rules of the Christian religion(s) never really suited me. In the end I've been doing my own thing, I have a deep affection for nature and gardening, I've done a bit of crude study on healing herbs, and I love to cook. Those things have lead me to have an interest in Green and Kitchen craft, but I have been known to travel or see pieces of the future in my dreams, and people in my family have been known to communicate with those who have have passed from time to time.

My mother used to joke that it was 'witchy stuff passed down from our Native ancestors', and I believe that might be true. We have had several medicine women in the line, and it was pretty common for the tribes to be somewhat shamanistic. This brings on an interest in Hedge craft and Wild craft.

I'm not really interested in learning to cast spells for luck, money, ect, ect. I just want to know more about those four paths so I can get the most out of life. I want to be more in tune with nature, be able to cook up a pot of happiness and wellbeing for those I love, understand my dreams and visions a little better, and learn the history and workings of wild magics.

I understand that this is a tall order and that it will be difficult for any one person to mentor me in all four paths. I also know that since I am moving to a large city soon to start college that it will make being one with nature and keeping tabs on what is being taught on the site more complicated. I would be more than happy to exchange numbers with anyone who is willing to help me learn my chosen paths so that we might be better able to communicate.

Thank you for taking the time to read my introduction.

October 15th, 2008, 12:41 AM
hi, i'm fang, i'm 18, and new to the pagan religion, i am a looking for mentorship on offensive and defensive magik and also on other aspects of my religion.

October 22nd, 2008, 01:27 PM
Hey, I've actually been a memeber of MW for a long time now, but I stopped coming here for a long time. When I came I was very new to th practice and actually, still am. Honestly, my main focus is learning Herbalism and learning how to use crystals, scrying, candle magick, and just basics, really. I'm not interested in casting spells per se, but I'm interested in how casting spells connects you to the earth and such. I do on the other hand want to know how to better my life and my future daughter's life (I'm 18 and currently 5 months pregnant) and I feel that returning to the site in hopes of finding a mentor will help me in that quest. I'm in college and my computer is broken down so I have limited access to the internet. So I actually prefer to have a mentor close to me, but since that seems very unlikely, someone who wouldn't mind trading numbers with me to have easier access to one another is also something I'm looking for. As I've already stated, my main goal is to learn Herbalism. There are a few other tiny disciplines that I'ma lso interested in, but not as much of a focus on.

Melian The Maia
October 26th, 2008, 07:27 PM
Well I posted on the other thread as to the whys and hows of my choosing paganism. Now I might as well state what I would like to learn from a mentor. And I think it would be common courtesy to introduce myself.

My name is Zeynep (Turkish version of the Arabic "Zainab" - people tend to call me Zey for short), I'm 23 years old and I'm from Turkey. I've considered myself a pagan through my teenage years. I think I'll pretty much die as a pagan as well.

My path or rather the one I feel that I am connected to is Celtic paganism or Celtic recon as I have heard it been called. So I would like to learn more about it in all its aspects. Another area I would love mentoring is meditation. I'm beginning to fear that I'm a meditation-retarded person. Every time I try, my mind insists on wandering off despite my efforts on trying to focus. I would like to learn more Wicca in general, kitchen witchcraft and hedge witchcraft. And if possible, I would like to taught how spirit guardians (or angel guardians and the like) work.

Lastly, since I have obvious issues like the lack of self-love, respect & confidence, I ask that my mentor to-be to show me patience.

Thank you in advance.

October 30th, 2008, 11:48 PM
Hi, my name is Evan, I'm male, 16 years old.

Path: Eclectic Pegan

I'm just looking to improve what little skills I have, and perhaps control my gift a bit better ^_^

November 11th, 2008, 01:12 AM
Hello, I'm Skye. I'm 20, a female-to-male transgender (prefer to be addressed as male). I suppose I'm technically more of an eclectic pagan, as I haven't completely settled on one particular path.

With that in mind, I'm very interested in the Kemetic paths, as well as Shinto. Here's the explanation: About August of last year, I was basically taken in by Anpu (Anubis), and was practicing some from of worship. It was more like honoring Him than outright kissing His robes. Just little things like small offerings regularly, and prayer as communication. It was great for almost half of year, but then I suppose life made my heart blind to the signs. Now I get flashes here and there, so I'm pretty sure the gods of Kemet still watch over me. I wish to become reacquainted with Them.

I also had researched Shintoism over the past couple of years (originally inspired by the video game Okami). I was able to comprehend what I'd like to think is a bit of insight into how they viewed the world, and it has stuck. That being that they believed all the gods exist, whether they knew of them or not. That has allowed me to feel more open about broadening my horizons spiritually.

The main stuff I want to learn is about the gods of Kemet, ideally Anpu first since I've known Him the longest. I'd also like to learn some of the ways the Shinto practiced their path. On an unrelated note, I am also interested in animal totems, as I seem to have one or two watching over me. If this is too broad, please let me know and I'll to be clearer. Thanks in advance to anyone who responds, and those who at least read this. :)

November 18th, 2008, 01:20 AM
Hello, I am Alysa. I am currently 15 years of age and are a new follower of the Goddess Freya and the Valkyries, so I guess that would make me Asatru. I would like guidance of everything, from altars to holidays, and how to properly thank her. also my parents don't know my beliefs and would surely think that I am crazy, I would like a mentor to help me through this and to guide me on my path.

November 18th, 2008, 01:23 AM
Name: ForsakenxVoices/Brittany
Primary Path: I'm not sure how I would classify myself yet.
~Egyptian paganism
~Celtic paganism
~spell and ritual crafting
~Learn more about the Fae
~Learning more about the Sabbats and Esabats

I also hope to find a mentor who can help me sort through all the rubbish that one can find on the internet!

November 18th, 2008, 05:34 AM
Hello, my name is Laura and I'm 21 years old. In my early teenage years I came across some Paganism and Wicca books and was pretty interested in it. However, in the last few years I didn't engage in it a lot, but it seems like it doesn't let me go...
Anyway, I'm back in the topic and now starting to seriously get into it.
I'm still looking for the right path to follow, and although I'm quite drawn to Wicca, I would not yet swear an oath on it....meaning that I'm still not 100% sure.
Topics I'm interested in are at the moment for sure how to find the right goddess and god for me, since I'm still searching....
So I'd like to learn some more about Wicca, to see if it really fits me, as well as any basics like meditation, herbalism, energy work, basic rituals, crystals etc
I'd be especially thankful for any help that could bring me closer to goddess and god, because I feel that as long as I'm in doubt about that, I can't do anything effectively.
Thanks for your help :nicetie:

December 8th, 2008, 06:37 PM
Well... I thought that it would be a good idea to drop a line here, seeing as though I am so ignorant when it comes to so many religions (pagan or no), and any excuse to learn more about something is a good one.

My name is Ghastly, I am eighteen, and have no chosen path. I've spent a majority of my life a skeptic and Atheist with only the occasional dabble in witchcraft (with only a slim amount of knowledge to accomodate it). I am interested in the different branches Wicca, but I am not a follower of any of them, both because I know too little and because my skeptical nature is making it a little hard for me to commit to the idea of deities.

I guess I could say that I am interested in any of the following:

Wicca and its history (I know very little at the moment, but I am doing my own research on the side)
Communicating with and selecting deities
Witchcraft (and how, exactly, it's supposed to work. What few people I've asked can't seem to give me a straight answer)
Hellenic Polytheistic Reconstructionism
Pagan spiritual philosophies, specifically related to the topic of deities (and whether or not one actually believes they exist, or are just 'concepts')

And... that's it. An appreciative thanks in advance to anyone willing to help me in the future with these topics.

December 16th, 2008, 11:52 PM
Hi, I'm Josh. I'm a very open minded guy, who used to be a judeo-christian. I believe in what I have experienced, so here is a summary of what I know so far:

I am empathic, and therefor I believe we are all connected emotionally in a way science has yet to explain. Those willing to use this sixth sense can sense other's emotions, some thoughts, and sensory inputs. One may also sense the presence of entities with empathy. These abilities are not limited by distance, only your own mind.

I believe the energy within us does not dissipate once we die. I have experienced communication from ghosts, one of which was a dear departed friend.

I love nature, and feel at peace in the forest. No other place calms me as does the woods. I feel centered, balance, and at home there. When I am there, I can feel the power of life in everything, I can sense the life around me. I am very good with animals, and can often get close to wild creatures.

If anyone knows what path would best suit me, please chime in! I am still trying to find my place....find something I can believe in without having to "just have faith" in a book.

December 17th, 2008, 12:51 AM
Hi there :) I'm Stephanie. I've been coming to MW for a few years now, mostly trying to further my studies. I'm 21, and have been on an eclectic path for eight years now, though my knowledge is still very limited.

I'm most interested in the Egyptian and Celtic pantheons, various magicks, like kitchen, candle/incense, cord, as well as divination (tarot and pendulum (dowsing or scrying? I can never remember which xD), mostly), though I think I could benefit from practically anything ^_^

December 20th, 2008, 12:20 PM
Hello, well my name is James Higgins.
I Study Religion on a whole, but i prefer to read about the different forms of paganism . As far as practicing, i just a general eclectic type, who has no real path. The lack of a path i think makes my life a little harder.

anyways my interest are, the Egyptian pantheon as well as druidism. i know a lovely pairing. Also, ceremonial magic, and meditation (wich i suck at dam active mind). then hedge witchery. Spirit animals and guides, to inculde dragons.

i think thats it,

December 28th, 2008, 03:44 PM
hi am Aamanee am 32 married live with two cats
and am new to wicca

January 11th, 2009, 01:41 PM
I'm a little complicated...

My dad is currently teaching me the correlation tradition, but more focused on the views of paganism and what the correlation tradition does differently than others.

So if I could have someone to help me with just general magick, like constructing rituals, meditation, divination, and the different dieties is what I'm intrested in.

I'm sixteen, I was adopted into a pagan/wiccan family at 14. I have a biological sister and brother. My biological sister lives a state away. My biological brother lives my dad's older brother's family a couple blocks away, this family is also wiccan. My aunt Julie and cousin Danielle are Wiccan as well, so I know I have some background expirence along with my dad's teachings.

My dad practices Correlation, my mom is a kitchen witch, My biological brother's family is Dianism, and my aunt and cousin are of some Egyptian path.

I also have three younger sisters and a younger brother, who are in the process of studying as much as their age allows (they range from 11 to 2)

My favorite incense to burn is Sandalwood, but I like to scent of lavender as well.

January 18th, 2009, 03:40 AM
Hi, my name is Michael, I've been practicing my own kind of pagansim for a while now, almost a year, but it would be great to have someone to teach me more about celtic and/or germanic paganism, and druidism, I also have no idea what wicca means so if someone told me, that'd be great ;) I'm really looking to find out more gods, and and see the one who I am more ocmfortable with, and even a mix with christianity. As you can see I'm not a dedicated pagan, but I'm becoming one, and I'd be happy to have a mentor!

January 23rd, 2009, 11:52 PM
I am new to paganism, I have not yet begun practicing any rituals of a particular tradition because I have not yet decided on one certain path. I am looking for an mentor/teacher who knows a little bit about a number of traditions, so I can be introduced to a wide variety of information. I've been pretty obsessed with the study of paganism for the last 6 months (the more I read the more I realize I've always had these views of the world and universe) and now I'm ready to take on a more active role. So if there is a teacher out there who doesn't mind answering questions (I tend to ask a lot :uhhuhuh:) then please contact me. Thanks.

January 29th, 2009, 03:43 PM
Hi, I'm new to the forum, not totally new to paganism, but have issues with it. I started studying paganism when I was 12 that would be 5 years ago. Yes I'm still minor but I know which path I want to follow. I need help with starting out, I still haven't done the dedication ritual which is better because at the last moment I found out I was not ready for it, what matters the things I need to do. I'm raised in a christian family, but have opened my eyes wide (no I'm not a spy as some would say in other forums) and want to be a pagan. If someone would want to help I would be very happy.

January 29th, 2009, 05:33 PM
I've studied Paganism since I was 13 & still don't have a path but Green Witchcraft is one path that I like a lot. So I'd like to learn more about different paths, as well as meditation & visualization techniques, astral projection, how to keep a BOS & just how to start practicing after I've studied all this time. Also I will probably have to practice solitary because I don't know anyone else who practices.

February 12th, 2009, 02:00 AM
Hello all. I'm cephalic_grimiore, otherwise, Rob.
I hail from mid-eastern kansas, hopefully moving to Kansas City in a few (hopefully) short months.
I have read a bit on all sorts of religions, and know enough to have a decent conversation, but beyond that I have a TON to learn and not a whole lot of money to burn.
Although I'd prefer to focus mainly on Asatru, I'm open for many other beliefs and a higher understanding of spirituality and basically bettering myself and my quality of life.

February 20th, 2009, 10:10 PM
Hi. I've already posted a couple of times. I'm kind of exploring the site. I am definitely a newbie. I know a little bit, but not enough to classify myself as an expert on paganism. I don't know what specific path I want to take yet, I don't even know how many types there are. I just want to learn.

~*Trinity Aura*~
February 28th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Hi! I've been a member here of MW since September, but I really feel like I'm stuck in a rut and need someone to help explain things to me. I know basic things, but beyond that, I need help. I feel like a fake because I'm stuck. If someone could help me, it'd be greatly appreciated!

March 14th, 2009, 10:53 AM
Hey, I'm Keta, female, sixteen at the end of this month. (:

I've been vaguely interested in paganism for a while and have always been fairly spiritual but all in all, pretty much agnostic. Now I am fully interested in becoming a neopagan within the next few years. I'm most interested in Wicca, and have been doing a bit of researching.

Most of all though I'm just interested in learning a lot about Wicca and paganism in general from an experienced person.

Clay Willowclaw
April 26th, 2009, 10:19 PM
name: Clay
Aged: 20
Path: Eclectic paganism by way of warrior, and hawaiian spirituality

currently looking for some help with meditation

i would also like to have some help with herbal knowledge, incense making, and knowledge on crystals

May 8th, 2009, 11:36 PM
Hey..Its Catastrophe, Cinder, or just plain ol....Rachel YES I hate my name.
I'm 14...and...um...
I guess I'm more interested in like, auras and empathy and stuff.
I have a wonderful friend named Lithium and she can see auras where I can't and we share emotions. Its all very strange but beautiful in a sense.
I'm interested in alchemy, tarot, astrology, astral projection, various forms of divination, and "releasing my inner ninja".
The mix of those might seem lengthy...but Im intensely interested in chemical reactions and I've always wanted to try alchemy. I had a friend teach me how to do Love Tarot with a deck of playing cards once, but thats it.
Umm....I have a catlike personality, and I know a modern vampire, a werewolf, and a fasanumbra...?
I need to learn how to sort of hone my empath skills so that I can tune out peoples emotions because I suffocate at parties, and also how to focus more on who they belong to rather than just feel glances of emotions.

May 9th, 2009, 12:35 AM
Wicthdragon Witch interested in dragon magic and learning more about fairy magic and satanism and any thing dark.

Also dragon and phoenix kin and vampire.

May 11th, 2009, 09:25 PM
Hi, I'm Krista. 33, female. I am interested in becoming a Green/cottage/kitchen witch. I've had practical experience growing up with a lot of the kitchen and healing parts (though my mother is a christian), but I could definately use a mentor to help me and, occasionally, kick my butt :toofless:

I'm not into new age stuff and a lot of wicca doesn't appeal to me, though I'm willing to use a bit of either if it helps.

Even just someone to chat with while on this path would be nice :)

KC Destroyer of Worlds
May 15th, 2009, 10:47 PM
My name is KC, I am 25 years old in Boston. I know this isn't very helpful, but I'm not sure what I want my path to be. I've been collecting books on Kabala and ritual magic for years how, and have yet to dedicate to a course of study. I've always been drawn to the science and symbolism of both, but neither has been a good fit. I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me out with that. I can dedicate about 10 - 15 hours a week to study, and am willing to be flexible with my schedule.

My primary tools are pens:

I generally use Adeline ink I have made my own and would like to explore making ceremonial ink for Pagan practitioners.

I draw on pretty much any kind of surface that is smooth enough not to rough up the nibs, and will take the ink, that includes plaster (fun project!).

I also feel drawn to working with stones, and earth energy, as I can sense energy in both, and am able to manipulate it in a limited fashion.

I have lucid dreams and sometimes they come true a few months after having them, I have some empathic sense although it's limited as I tend to squash it. I can also smell emotions.

May 17th, 2009, 01:00 AM
is this program still running? I would love to have a mentor. I'm interested in energy work, meditation, christian paganism, and work with incense and candles. Also my mom and I are interested in Native American spiritualism she is 1/2 Mohawk and that obviously makes me 1/4. If anyone wants to be my mentor I would greatly appreciate it as I am very new to this and would like to learn hands on. Thank you! Hugs.

May 26th, 2009, 06:01 PM
Hello :) I have decided that I am ready for a teacher, I'm hoping there is one who might suit me!

I'm a mother of two younglings and am a stay at home mom for now, though I am looking at attending a school of 'healing arts' soon. I'm hoping to learn massage, aroma therapy, reiki and western herbology there, and more if time/money allows. I have always had a 'healing touch' and been the type that people brought problems to. I was once pretty close to the spirit realm. I became very out of touch with everything I am during the time I was a part of a very fundie church, (over 10 years). So I'm pretty much a newbie.

Brigid chose me for her own this last winter and has been lovingly lighting fire to my life since. She is Lady of all I hold dear and I feel we are well very well suited. I have a very large range of interests, I love learning, crafting things, music, dancing. I miss spending time out in the woods and mountains; the desert is not my preferred climate but here I am. I think a cunning woman type path is where I'm headed. I love gardening and cooking so green/kitchen magic are of interest and I'm starting to get back in touch with the spirit realm again, but that's slow going it seems. I'm interested in runes and about the Norse gods. And Celtic gods, of course. :uhhuhuh: I also have this tendency to collect certain rocks and crystals, which I recently started learning more about.

I am also interested in Chinese and Indian healing arts and philosophies. I'm not sure how that ties in yet, but there is a draw. Native American spirituality also has a draw, but I have no idea if I have any blood ties to it. I do feel a strong connection to the energies of everything around me (plants animals and the land, rooms in houses), which I can see and feel. And I can speak with most animals. I can be very empathic (I still shut down a lot because of past trauma, which I'm getting help for).

For my learning style, I love reading and doing, and it helps if I can see how something is done, but I can usually figure it out even if I can't, especially if I can see a picture. I'm a great mimic, which helped a lot when I was learning belly dance and most of the crafts I know.

I hope that made sense to someone :weirdsmil

May 31st, 2009, 08:24 AM
I'm seventeen, female and live in the UK. I've been a member of this site for a few years and often spend time readng threads and such on here, though I often feel that I know too little to reply. I have no idea what path im on and would really appreciate help and teaching to both find a clearer path and learn more about it.

Since a young age, usually when things have gone wrong I've sortof 'prayed' and felt soothed afterwards. I meditate fairly often, which keeps me calm and also helps me to solve problems. Also, more recently i've begun to notice that I often "know" little things (like that my friend was at the end of my road and to open the door, despite having not seen or spoken to them beforehand). The thing which has really driven me to come here and try to learn more is that while celebrating Beltane with one of my friends this year I had a sort of a weird moment where I kindof detached from everything and knew a lot of things, none of which I could remember minutes later. (There was no alcohol involved either :P)

I'm not sure if this helps at all, but im rather interested in all things ancient British (like iron age, celtic, ect.).

So yeah, if anyone has the time id be very grateful for a little help. :)

May 31st, 2009, 01:50 PM
Name: MidnightKisses (I'll tell you my real name if you mentor me)

Age: 23, married and hubby is leaving for boot camp tomorrow.

Path: Not exactly sure, but I think it will be Celtic, the goddess that I most resonate with right now is Ceridwen. Though I'm sure I'm going to find others.

June 2nd, 2009, 11:16 PM
Is the mentor program still active? I am definitely a newbie, and I think a mentor would greatly help me stay focused and on the right track. My knowledge only goes so far as what I have read in books - I have been reading on wicca for years - though I am not sure of a path. I guess I need help getting started and I love to learn from others. I am interested in "green" witchcraft, reiki, anything related to nature and energy, and I have felt a calling to Chloris and Epona. Any guidance will be greatly appreciated. :)

June 3rd, 2009, 01:19 PM
Hey! I'm Mariah and I'm 14. I'm really new to all of this so if someone wants to teach me every thing I would be thankful.

June 8th, 2009, 10:04 PM
I've only been researching and practicing Wicca for 6 months. It seems like I'm a lot newer than the other newbies. I've read about other religions and am happy to find a home. It feels like I was a pagan as a kid, playing outside by our creek, and am picking it back up (only in a more serious way).

I'm interested in learning about the Faerie tradition, even though I'll probably remain an eclectic. I'm also interested in tarot and herbs.

Most of my questions are about Wicca, but I have a few technical ones about this site. Such as, how do I get a custom avatar?

June 11th, 2009, 08:13 PM
Name: Anne, Annabelle, Annie (i have lots of nicknames)
Path: I'm interested in learning about many paths. Hellenic and Celtic are more my top two that I was told would fit how I believe.

A little about me...I grew up on a farm and I love being around animals. I love nature...from reading on here I'm pretty sure my element would be water. I love water. I was raised in a Catholic family but I saw many things I didn't agree with in that faith. For examples, having to go to church to worship, Jesus, money offerings. So for awhile I was agnostic. My bf has Celtic beliefs so I think thats why that kinda interests me.
Hopefully this program is still up and running.

June 15th, 2009, 03:45 PM
My name is Donnie, I'm 40, a married male with two teenage daughters. I've no idea how to label my path as of yet, all I know is its begun. That is if strong interests and feeling yourself drawn is a beginning and I believe it to be so. I live in SW Washington, born and raised. My general interests are history, basic arts and music. This seemed like a good place as any to introduce myself. I've been looking around and soaking in alot of information since I joined this site a week or so ago and it almost seems as though I don't know or practice enough to even be posting this but, figure ya gotta start somewhere, right?! If anyone is feels led to "mentor" me, it would be appreciated.