PDA

View Full Version : Mabon rituals with children

SilverClaw
September 20th, 2007, 07:33 PM
How many of you are doing your Mabon ritual with children? This is one of the two sabbats that I make sure we do as a family. We collect leaves and pine cones for the alter and then save some of the pine cones for our Yule alter and tree. As well as we do crafts some which this year is for our new BOS.

For us this is time to re-energize our goals and set new ones spiritually and otherwise... and this year I am more excited then usual cause all 3 of my children will be able to participate.

As for the ritual itself I let the kids help with the elemental invocations and various other aspects of the ritual so ya I am excited :D Also looking forward to what has become known as our Mabon walk to :D

Khatt
September 21st, 2007, 05:15 AM
My son is a wee bit too young to take part in our ritual tonight and will be tucked up in bed, but when he is older we are keen to get him involved. We'll take him on walks to collect things, we'll get him helping to cook/bake seasonal foods etc. I'm looking forward to having him take part!

SilverClaw
September 21st, 2007, 05:33 AM
:D how old is your son if you do not mind my asking? My son is 4 and turning 5 on Sahmain and I have two daughters 6 and 10.

last night before bed we went and got some branches and leaves that were on the ground and so starts the crafting stuff tomorrow ... :)