PDA

View Full Version : Daily Meditation

chris5389
October 9th, 2007, 10:51 AM
I just wanted to know how many of you guys practice daily meditation to increase sensitivity and awareness. I have been trying to start a daily routine in order to develop my intuition. If you guys do practice meditation daily, I also wanted to know some cool effective techniques. Thanks!! :spinnysmi

LadyCelt
October 9th, 2007, 10:53 AM
I try to do shielding or grounding and shielding. This is also more energy work and a way to protect myself, but you still concentrate like meditation. Centering can be different for everyone, but I find centering to be good. I try to "center" and focus my thoughts and energy and find peace and comfort.

skilly-nilly
October 9th, 2007, 03:42 PM
I meditate in the shower; my son has decided that 'falling water meditation' sounds better than 'while I was showering'.

It works for me--it's soothing, there's the white-noise of the water, you don't really have to think about what to do next, and I use products with good smells as well.

darkchild
October 9th, 2007, 08:02 PM
Every day. That seems to be the key for me. I have made such progress since I started meditating every single day.

LadyWillow
October 10th, 2007, 01:41 PM
I meditate in the shower; my son has decided that 'falling water meditation' sounds better than 'while I was showering'.

It works for me--it's soothing, there's the white-noise of the water, you don't really have to think about what to do next, and I use products with good smells as well.

I meditate in the shower as well. I don't get interrupted, from living in an apartment with four other girls. My roommate doesn't walk in at weird times. I see it as rather cleansing. Removing the bad things of the day, taking in healing, positive energy. It helps me visualize and feel a bit refreshed at the end of the day. And yet, I'm calm enough to fall asleep when it's time. It works rather well for me.

Cool Music Guy
October 10th, 2007, 01:51 PM
I like the phrase falling water meditation...:spinnysmi

It has such a pleasant ring to it...:spinnysmi

Tabbykitty
October 10th, 2007, 02:11 PM
If you are a beginner in meditation, perhaps the best way to start would be to list down your goals. Ask yourself what you hope to achieve from meditation.

Meditation can be a method of training the mind. If you are intending to pursue some kind of magical path, it is a good method of training concentration, focus and visualisation - which is really a core practice in many differnt energy and magical techniques.

When you have listed down what you hope to achieve, then either:

1. look for an already established meditative technique that fulfills those goals

This is really an easier path. Just find a teacher or school that teaches this and learn from the person or school. At least you will have some tried and true guidelines to follow. However, doing this, one might become stuck in whatever paradigm that the school or teacher holds to be true. Unless one is able to continuously question everything that one learns.

OR

2. learn to ground, connect, shield yourself and then start your journey of feeling your way around the world of the subconscious through clearly stated intents.

Its possible to learn to meditate on your own. Its also possible through self learning to come to insights that, if properly understood, may lead you really far down your own path of personal evolution.

However, this particular method may require YEARS of practice before you will actually gain enough insight, information, and wisdom from your subconsious mind and the universe around you to really gain some effective results. Again, you must constantly question all that you experience.

Its great that you are trying to develop your intuition, and meditation will help to a certain extent in the areas of concentration and focus. But really if you want your personal intuition to grow, the best method of growing it is to USE IT and not be afraid of mistakes.

Against The Tide
February 19th, 2008, 05:21 PM
I meditate daily, I use an object to focus on (usualy a flame) and stare at it for a few minutes, I lower my eyelids and visualise the object - recreate in in my mind's eye. Then all the thoughts that come creeping in around the object I let float by me.

aluokaloo
February 19th, 2008, 05:28 PM
I don't meditate everyday, just sometimes and lot of times, that meditation is mostly just to still my busy mind for a few minutes. or to connect with some otherworldly entity or other. Mostly just deep breathing, and some kind of music to block out the noise, and I use my ninja headband as a blindfold when it's too bright, do whatever workds for you.

novimarra
February 22nd, 2008, 12:45 PM
I find that once I'm centered, I can let anything float right by me - people talking, footsteps from outside, cars, even my own pesky thoughts about work, etc.

The key to centering, of course, is practice. But I find this a *very* peaceful state to be in, so it's great for daily practice.