PDA

View Full Version : moon flowers

Hestia
April 22nd, 2001, 11:19 PM
Happy Earth Day to all! We attended an Earth Day festival at our local college and my son got to see his first drumming event. It was a lot of fun :)

Tomorrow starts the new moon so I'm going to try to plant some moon flowers in hopes of starting a little moon garden. Has anyone had luck growing these? Wish me luck :elf:

BB ;)
Hestia

Amora
April 23rd, 2001, 01:10 PM
Best of luck to you..although I can't give you any advice because I pretty much stink at planting!! Although I'm going to give it my best this year!!!!!!!! Moon Flowers...I've heard of them but never seen seeds before, out of curiosity where did you find them??

Hestia
April 23rd, 2001, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Amora
Best of luck to you..although I can't give you any advice because I pretty much stink at planting!! Although I'm going to give it my best this year!!!!!!!! Moon Flowers...I've heard of them but never seen seeds before, out of curiosity where did you find them??

Thanks for the good wishes. My son and I just came in from the yard and we planted our moonflowers in 2 pots, one for me and one for him :) Believe it or not I found the seeds at our local Rite Aid store! They're by Burpee and the official name according to the packet is Calonyction. They're supposed to grown to 15 feet (climbing vine) and bloom from evening till noon with very fragrant white flowers. I've never tried this before so I'll let you know if I get any sprouts in a week or two :eek:

Amora
April 23rd, 2001, 04:04 PM
:cool: I may have to try some myself, they sound beautiful!

Sending more good luck for green thumbs!!!!!!