PDA

View Full Version : Gaelic translators?

MadameBlack
October 22nd, 2007, 12:08 AM
Hoping there is someone out there who has studied Gaelic (Irish or Scottish) and can possibly help me translate something? I havent written it yet, lol, but I'm wanting to write a song or two perhaps for use in ceremonies and pretty much whenever I'd like.

will probably have to work with this person if there is someone who is willing to help, cause I'm not sure how far their knowledge is into the language. Its for my own purposes, so if it isnt 100% correct I doubt it will matter much. I have a very basic BASIC understanding of pronunciation.

can anyone help me? or does anyone know of any already written songs and could just help me with pronunciation? I guess if worse comes to worse I can make up my own tunes, which I was planning on doing anyway

any help would be much appreciated!!

banondraig
October 22nd, 2007, 02:40 PM
what exactly would the songs be for?

MadameBlack
October 22nd, 2007, 03:46 PM
well I was originally thinking of writing something like hymns, or about the seasons, but then I thought it would probably be more practical to write something for ritual purposes as well. Just a little song to bless the area, welcome spirits, bless myself or whoever is with me.... that kind of thing.