PDA

View Full Version : Update from Scarlet's royal realm!

Morr
October 22nd, 2007, 11:55 AM
Lady Scarlet is doing so very very well! We have been blessed with a happy and healthy little girl!

She got some new toys in the past week --

1) A new bouncer with toys hanging on it for her to look at and play in while she's sitting in it.
2) A new play gym (as pictured) in the shape of a surfboard with water and fishies in it (water is real, fishies not LOL), and a few other toys and rattles connected to it.
3) Her very own crib TV! LOL That's what we call it anyways.. It's a toy that you hook up to the crib, turn it on and there's a Jungle scene with a monkey, frog and fish, a waterfall and trees -- It lights up, plays soothing lullaby music and makes jungle and waterfall sounds. She loves this thing. She can be the most fussy in the world, you turn that thing on and she is hooked!

She is so aware and alert! She is noticing her toys, looking at them and some of the little mirrors connected to them. She loves looking at our faces and hers. She likes strangers, she sleeps well at night. She is not fussy unless she is either hungry, needs a changing or is tired.

She is a great baby, so good and easy.

Her 2 month check up is on Friday where the Princess will have to endure a few shots (mommy will probably cry with her too because mommy hates it when Scarlet is upset and crying hysterically).

She already has quite the personality, she is a charmer like her dad and a sweetheart like her mom LOL Definitly has a mind of her own and is very curious.

Attached are a few pics from the last couple of days.

Enjoy!

Sun Sprite
October 22nd, 2007, 12:12 PM
Morr - beautiful pictures!

Do you still have the active, jealous kitten? How is he doing? When you mentioned the water toy, I thought of him, possibly running across it, and unintentionally puncturing it with his claws. Just a note of caution. Would not want you to lay Scarlett on it, and have her weight cause a jet of water to fly into her face from a puncture wound to the plastic! Just check it from time to time an it should be fine.

The tys sound great, and glad she is enjoying them!

Morr
October 22nd, 2007, 12:19 PM
Our jealous cat has calmed down.

He sniffs her from time to time, but so do the rest of the cats. They have all gotten used to her being around. They got used to her scent.

When they want to go upstairs, or try to get through the babygate, they each usually have their own reasons -- The little ones (one of them being the jealous cat) try to go after our snake (the snake is in our bedroom), or just look to go upstairs out of curiosity.

Our third likes to go up and hide under our bed.

Fourth likes to go and drink from the bathroom sing (she has this thing where she likes to drink from the faucet).

And the fifth just wants to either hang out with us on our bed, or sit at one of the upstairs windows.

So they all have gotten used to her, and usually don't pay attention to her unless she is crying (then they usually look at her).

She can't feed them so she does not exist to them.

But yes, the jealous cat has calmed down. He doesn't pay attention to her anymore. When he is lovey when we are holding her or taking care of her -- We try to pet him and sooth him so he realizes he can get loving and he is still loved even if she is taking up most of our time.

He even likes to sleep under her swing these days.

So its been good, thankfully!

Chesna
October 22nd, 2007, 01:24 PM
Aww what an adorable little one!!!! You are doing an awesome job!!
FYI- check with your clinic about giving the Princess a bit of Tylenol or Ibuprofen 30 to 45 min before her appt to help with the pain of shots. It seems to help them not be in too much pain afterwards.

Chesna

Morr
October 22nd, 2007, 01:29 PM
Heheh! Thanks!

I will look into the tylanol thing...

MEH! I don't want my baby to be in pain :(

Poo..

Brigid Rowan
October 22nd, 2007, 01:43 PM
I especially like the first picture of her on her tummy...gotta love little baby legs! So soft, chubby and fun! :)

Morr
October 22nd, 2007, 02:03 PM
Scarlet's baby legs sure are chubby! LOL

Ravenna Angellin
October 22nd, 2007, 05:04 PM
She is getting so big!! And adorable as ever!! I love her hair!! So dark, so silky... ahhh I love babies!! lol.

I totally sympathize with the baby pain of shots though. I always have to resist the urge to "kill, maim, destroy" the doctors when they give the shots to the boys. It was really hard that first year with the both of them, because it seemed like every appointment resulted in shots or blood draws.

But they get over it pretty quickly. Just watch for possible side effects, we usually get information packets to go over before the shots and talk about all the possible side effects to watch for... though at this point, I practically have those packets memorized, lol!! The one thing we always got was a minor fever for the first couple of days, which was easily managed with tylenol. Oh! And make sure you ask them what the proper dose for her is. It changes with her weight, and half the time... the nurses always forgot to tell me, so I'd have to chase them down the office to get the info.

Give her big sloppy wet ones from me and the boys, k? They love seeing her pics when they come in. (to which Finn points "Baby!! Cuuuute!" and Aiden asks "So are we gonna have a sister this time? I don't want another Finn... I want one like that one!" HAHA!)

~ Ravenna

David19
October 22nd, 2007, 07:04 PM
She's really adorable, I really love the last one where she's staring at the camera and looks like she's smiling plus the ones with her on that mat.

It sounds like you and Semi should really be proud of yourselves, Scarlet is a really cool baby.

I think she has your skin type too.

BTW, that's good news about the jealous cat, he was probably just jealous and curious about the new arrival.

Khatt
October 23rd, 2007, 03:47 AM
Excellent news about the the jeleous cat!

Gorgeous pics Morr, she's gorgeous

Watch out forthe side effects of her shots, she may have a slight fever, Ibruprofen or infant paracetamol will sort that out.

Bettie
October 23rd, 2007, 04:31 AM
She's absolutely beautiful, Morr. Such a pretty lil' girl!! :)

Morr
October 23rd, 2007, 07:56 AM
Thanks so much guys :D

I am a very proud mommy!

Prinsazz
October 23rd, 2007, 02:50 PM
she is absolutely adorable Morr!! The second picture when she is looking at the fishies is absolutely the cutest thing ive seen in aaages!!!

Yay for kittens as well

Flux
October 23rd, 2007, 03:54 PM
She really is a cutie pie, M!

Suzette
October 23rd, 2007, 06:11 PM
Very sweet...

Eldawyn
October 24th, 2007, 12:03 AM
Aww.. she looks like a very happy baby.

My little one loves/loved the "crib tv" too. We had the same one. We still have it, but she started to pull it down. And the batteries kinda go fast on it. So I need new batteries... and to hook it on better. LOL But she loved it.

Morr
October 24th, 2007, 07:46 AM
Thanks everyone!

Eldawyn, she is watching her "tv" now. We want to get another one... One for downstairs, and one for her crib LOL it works like magic! Especially when she is so tired but can't fall asleep even in her swing or bouncer.

She is slowly dozing off next to me now, while smiling at the lights and shapes in the "tv" Heheh. She is so cute.

The people who invented this are geniuses! Even if she doesn't fall asleep, but I have to go to pee, I prop her up and turn it on, and it keeps her busy till I am back from the loo! LOL

GEBS
October 24th, 2007, 07:52 AM
yay for a pink frilly dress :woot:

I knew it would happen eventually :D

You are a good mommy, Morr :hugz:

Morr
October 24th, 2007, 07:56 AM
LOL GEBS...

Yeah... Well...

She's already heard Cradle of Filth and Sisters of Mercy...
I will turn her into my little Gothy girl...

She has another couple of dresses like that. A purple one, and then a couple that are a bit bigger, will only fit in a few months probably (got these dresses from one of our friends' whos daughter grew out of them, and they now have another baby but its a boy).

Maybe one day we'll be able to hang out, and I'll bring her wearing a pretty pink frilly dress just for you! LOL

GEBS
October 24th, 2007, 08:03 AM
That would be awesome. I would love to snuggle the little Princess. She needs someone to teach her how to be a prissy princess ;) She can be gothy like Mommy but still have a prissy side.

Morr
October 24th, 2007, 08:09 AM
Prissy, aye?

Hmm.. We shall see... ;)