PDA

View Full Version : Witch's Ball

MammaStar
June 12th, 2002, 11:26 PM
I've seen these before in various catalogs and I've heard discussions on them as well. I thought this would be a nifty thing to do with the Kids for Litha.

The following is used by permission from the author Morrigan Sidhe. Copyright 2002.

Materials Required:

A clear glass globe or Yule ornament. Make sure that you can gain access to the inside of it!
Essential Oil. Any oil that you prefer for protection will do, the most common oils used are Frankincense or Basil.
Fishing line to hang your ball when you are done
One or all of the following:

Silver paint ~ available at most craft stores
Thread ~ the more colors, textures, weights the better!
Pins ~ again, variety of shape and size is good!

Directions:

Step One - Remove the cap for your globe so that you have access to the inside.

Step Two - You can choose to do one or all of the following:

a) Reflective ball: pour a little of the silver paint into the globe and swish it around until the interior of the globe is fully covered. Drain any excess paint from the globe. Let it dry completely.

b) Threaded ball: cut thread and carefully insert into the globe. It is recommended that you do this one at a time to maximize the effect of the twisting pattern. Alternate the colors, weight, and textures of the threads for a truly unique effect. Continue until the ball is nearly full.

c) Pin ball: insert pins into the globe until the globe is full.

Step Three Consecrate your globe by placing a few drops of oil in it. Hold the ball in your hands and visualize it sending back, or capturing and neutralizing all harm that might come your way. Say the following chant (or one of your own):

Globe of fire, earth, water and air
Symbol of my Lady Fair
Keep this home, those mine, and me
Safe from harm, So Mote It Be!

Step Four Replace cap on your globe and thread with fishing line to hang. Hang your Witch Ball and enjoy!

Faery-Wings
June 13th, 2002, 07:37 AM
Cool ideas. :) Do you think toothpicks could work instead of pins for the littler kids?

MammaStar
June 13th, 2002, 09:36 AM
Probably. I bet you can put just about anything you want in it, depending on your desire and/or need for the ball. :D

seawitch
June 13th, 2002, 09:46 AM
oh that is great, and those little tiny pinecones and needles.(or whatever kind of tree) would be very yuley

MammaStar
June 13th, 2002, 09:55 AM
Last nite, when I posted this, I just thought "Hey this would be cool for the MW Gang" just after my previous post, now I'm beginning to think....."Hey this may be a good thing to do for the Craft show......" Heh, maybe this post should get copied in Arts & crafts too.... ;)