PDA

View Full Version : Atheist - A video

Novembers River
October 25th, 2007, 04:52 PM
I saw this video and thought it was interesting and would pass it on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdVucvo-kDU

Golias
November 5th, 2007, 11:50 AM
This video seems to be a reaction against Xtian demonising of athiests--as an athiest, I sympathise; but athiesm doesn't automatically mean intellectual superiority (as the video seems to imply).

There are as many highly accomplished theists as athiests.Propensity toward religious beliefs are simply part of the common human inheritence; no more, no less.

The above statments are, of course, solely the opinions of this athiest, and are not to be accepted as objective fact. (just sayin )

Golias

Novembers River
November 5th, 2007, 02:03 PM
I agree that it was reactionary to Christians (obviously with the quotes and then response). However, I didn't feel that it was implying Atheists were more intelligent than Christians. More a response of what Atheists are not (fools, non-contributors to society).

Golias
November 6th, 2007, 12:11 PM
I agree that it was reactionary to Christians (obviously with the quotes and then response). However, I didn't feel that it was implying Atheists were more intelligent than Christians. More a response of what Atheists are not (fools, non-contributors to society).

I think it could be interpeted that way, I have encountered many atheists who consider all theism (and theists) as worthy of scorn.

I agree, though, that that doesn't seem to be the main message of the video.

Xtianity, (most mainstream sects) regretfully holds that 'with us or against us' point of view.

That is one reason why I like Pagans--I've yet to have any Pagan knocking on my door and trying to convert me.

Golias