PDA

View Full Version : Samhain plans? :D

blackroseivy
October 28th, 2007, 11:52 AM
I am going to be all-black & Goth with white makeup & black lips & nails. I am going to dye my hair dark red (I believe) & go to the coffee-house with a friend. I am planning on taking at least 1 deck along! ;)

...How about y'all out there?

Sethserpenthus
October 28th, 2007, 04:56 PM
Well, in addition to the fact that I'm handing out candy to children on the 31st, I will also be hanging out at cemeteries and doing a ritual. I already did part of it this weekend.

This is the headstone of a priest. (http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x147/jackabo_vega/cross.jpg)

And also a pic of me lying on the grave of the person I was named after. (http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x147/jackabo_vega/mary.jpg)

blackroseivy
October 28th, 2007, 06:30 PM
WOW how kewl! I had a thingie I did, it was building up to the full moon; I am mailing a certain missal on the Night! :D

GEBS
October 28th, 2007, 06:37 PM
We are having a party for the kids. Once that is done all of the Adults will be participating in more traditional activities. I'm really excited. We've been planning for months. It's going to be an all night event with all of my sibilings and their children.

Fiamma
October 28th, 2007, 07:51 PM
No Samhain for Fiamma. I'll be cooking or something while my grove holds ritual.

LadyWillow
October 28th, 2007, 08:53 PM
We are having a party for the kids. Once that is done all of the Adults will be participating in more traditional activities. I'm really excited. We've been planning for months. It's going to be an all night event with all of my sibilings and their children.

Sounds like a blast to me! I wish I were invited!

I'm not quite sure what I'm going to be doing but I know it isn't going to be huge or anything. I'd like to do something, but more than likely, I'll be spending the entire evening in with my gf and other roommate watching tv. The live episode of Ghost Hunters is on that night, so I'll probably end up staying up all night to watch the whole thing. I may end up making some goodies if I can, I'm just not too sure yet. I can't do much living in an apartment with four other people, two of those don't quite understand the meaning of it. My gf understands partially, but enough to get involved in something more if I wanted to.

Astara Seague
October 28th, 2007, 09:20 PM
well because many members of my coven have small children we postpone our celebration tell the weekend it works best for us,
we are having a potluck dinner then a ritual

Elistariel
October 29th, 2007, 04:15 AM
I still have to go buy candy. :bigredblu

-Sky-
October 29th, 2007, 05:44 AM
I returned to my hometown for Samhain, as this place feels more spiritual to me than the capital with the chaotic rythms and noises. The past weeks have been so hectic(uni starting,trying to find a house,no internet access etc) so i don't have anything major planned.

On the eve of Samhain a family friend is taking me on dinner someplace quiet and nice. We used to celebrate Halloween(not Samhain) together the past years so i want to see him and catch up,share stories and news. On Samhain my biggest desire is to visit my ancestor's graves in the cemetary. There's my dad,my uncle and my great-grandmother. I will light candles and leave offerings for them. Apart from that i will simply decorate the house,cook a couple of traditional dishes and maybe have a ritual in the evening in order to tap into the cycles of the Sabbats again.

Cassie
October 29th, 2007, 06:01 AM
It looks like I'm going to be alone cat-sitting this Samhain. In the afternoon I will have a walk through a local cemetary and then go down to the beach. In the evening I will cook Pumpkin stew and then do a small ritual of re-dedication.

~NightFire~
October 29th, 2007, 06:53 AM
Firstly I'll be dressing up as a Witch at Work. _whistle_
Then later on I'll be going to a Rock Club with a friend, dressed as Catwoman (Halle Berry style!). :T
I'll also be squeezing in a ritual somewhere! :smileroll
I have to work the next day though-so I can't stay up all night. :sniffsnif

Elistariel
October 29th, 2007, 07:48 AM
I forgot about the Ghost Hunters marathon. I'll probably watch that from start t finish adn hand out candy. I may or may not be in costume, depending on my mood. I'm gonna try to swing by Hot Topic after work tomorrow and get some vampire fangs. (Maybe next year I'll be able to afford an actual costume to go with them. Not to mention have a place to wear it, lol)

Sionnach le Fey
October 29th, 2007, 10:46 AM
As we're frantically moving house this week, I haven't got anything elaborate planned. Just a walk around nature to appreciate the season and a prayer or two for my ancestors.

Caitlin.ann
October 30th, 2007, 10:30 AM
I will be handing out candy to the neighborhood kids, and possibly dressing up for it. I'll also do a personal ritual or two. It really doesn't feel like Samhain to me at all. :(

Libris
October 30th, 2007, 10:38 AM
My husband and I are going to do this ritual (http://www.paganachd.com/tara/index.html) with a big bonfire. We've been cleaning up the yard a lot over the summer (2 acres of overgrown oak savanna) and we've made quite a large brush pile. It will be great to finally burn it. Midori is a bit young to trick or treat, so we won't be doing that this year. She has a Halloween party on Thursday at her playgroup though, so at least she isn't missing out too much.

For Samhain dinner we're having roast rabbit, stuffed squash (we grew ourselves), apple pie, squash pie (just like pumpkin but with our squash), Colcannon with turnips and rutabagas and homemade Irish Soda Bread. We're serving a dumb supper as well to honor our ancestors.

I wish there was an ADF grove near by or any pagan group really. I'd love to have a big Samhain party, we've got such a perfect place for parties :ringaroun

I'm getting DH brew making supplies for yule/birthday, so next year we'll have our own ale and mead for the celebration too :D

BlackLili
October 30th, 2007, 10:51 AM
My husband and I are going to do this ritual (http://www.paganachd.com/tara/index.html) with a big bonfire. We've been cleaning up the yard a lot over the summer (2 acres of overgrown oak savanna) and we've made quite a large brush pile. It will be great to finally burn it. Midori is a bit young to trick or treat, so we won't be doing that this year. She has a Halloween party on Thursday at her playgroup though, so at least she isn't missing out too much.

For Samhain dinner we're having roast rabbit, stuffed squash (we grew ourselves), apple pie, squash pie (just like pumpkin but with our squash), Colcannon with turnips and rutabagas and homemade Irish Soda Bread. We're serving a dumb supper as well to honor our ancestors.

I wish there was an ADF grove near by or any pagan group really. I'd love to have a big Samhain party, we've got such a perfect place for parties :ringaroun

I'm getting DH brew making supplies for yule/birthday, so next year we'll have our own ale and mead for the celebration too :D
Wow, that sounds like a fantastic dinner. I wish we had a house we could grow our own squash near. If you have time, I'd be interested in your personal Colcannon recipe, I love trying new ones out.

BlackLili
October 30th, 2007, 11:04 AM
I took the day off of work as a religious holiday. We have to go get an estimate for the bumper of my car (little old lady rear-ended me in the rain last week), then head over to the Stonewall Union/AIDS task force for a restock of prophylactics for the party this weekend. After that, we'll stroll down to the wonderous store that is Yankee Trader (like the Oriental Trading Company if they had a store front.) We need glow stix for my ray gun, and maybe a blacklight. After that, a trip out to the west side of town for a new pumpkin, and maybe some turnips from one of the roadside farms. Then back in to hand out treats at the MIL's house for an hour, (their beggar's night starts earlier than ours) and back to our own house to sugar up the neighbor's babies! _whistle_

We made a mistake and got good candy far too early this year. (Wait...I'm pretty sure we made that mistake last year too...hmm...) so we've been eating it. Peanut butter-filled chocolate eyeballs just call to me, dag-nabbit!

So yeah, pumpkin and turnip carving, candy to babies, putting the doggie in her Misfit's-inspired hoodie, and maybe a dumb supper. Maybe a small psychedelic or two later on at night and some meditation, but I think that might be better indicated for tonight, if I finish my costume sufficently. (Those things tend to make me ache in the morning.)

Wow, for making sure I didn't schedule anything for Halloween, my day sure is packed! :smileroll

Happy Halloween/Samhain to all!

WarriorZhanna
October 30th, 2007, 11:18 AM
I will most likely go to a Halloween party at a nightclub in Chelmsford with my fiance. I'm Estonian and we don't exactly celebrate Halloween the way Americans do (the whole trick and treat thing and what not), we do it more spiritually but since I'm in England.. yeah, why not. As long as I can party, haha.
I hope I will find a way to celebrate it in a pagan way too though.

Libris
October 30th, 2007, 12:02 PM
Wow, that sounds like a fantastic dinner. I wish we had a house we could grow our own squash near. If you have time, I'd be interested in your personal Colcannon recipe, I love trying new ones out.

If you lived near me, I'd gladly give you some of mine- we grew a strange open pollinated variety from one of our friends and it turned out to be monstrous.

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd154/waterlibris/midisquash.jpg

We've gotten about twenty five squash so far, and most are about that big! So I've been thinking a lot about what to make with them... as I write this, I'm eating pancakes with mashed squash mixed in.

The Colcannon recipe is almost exactly like this one (http://www.recipezaar.com/18679), except I'm substituting 1/3 the potatoes for turnips and rutabagas. I really like the taste of boiled rutabagas, they're so sweet and creamy. I haven't tried making Colcannon with them before, but I think it will turn out well. Or I could utterly overload on Brassacas and kill us all :gagged:

Good luck with your Samhain celebrations as well :D

blackroseivy
October 30th, 2007, 02:19 PM
Reading this, I can see the lonely-souls that I have been every Samhain for a long way past... I guess I'm going to be profoundly grateful to have SOMETHING to do - even if it doesn't exactly involve my spirituality, at least not directly.

I should at least burn a candle for my ancestors, I suppose!

Zoey
October 30th, 2007, 02:22 PM
Not sure exactly what the night will have in store for me but I'm going way out in the boondocks and participating in a ritual with some friends. I'm excited!

Libris
October 30th, 2007, 03:24 PM
I'm going way out in the boondocks and participating in a ritual with some friends.

Guess I'll see you in the soybean field across the street then :hehehehe:

Have fun - but no cow tipping!

Lady_Door
October 30th, 2007, 04:50 PM
A bonfire and possibly some dancing.

NiennaSeregon
October 30th, 2007, 05:01 PM
I have to work late tomorrow, but my mum's makeing dinner and I might make a dessert..other than that, just get some scary movies in and that, maybe get some fireworsks... Usually we (I) give out candy, but I'm just not feeling it this year... :(

Avalonia
October 30th, 2007, 10:10 PM
The only things I can think of that I'll probably be doing is reading the Tarot for a bit, and eating a pomengranate. XD I'm going to do something, but that's all I can think of.

Ferina
October 30th, 2007, 10:15 PM
Organising a party for the kids + It is my 3rd wedding anniversary so going out to dinner then for a stroll through the woods.

Whitewolf
October 31st, 2007, 01:28 PM
Today I will be giving out candy to the trick or treaters [in costume: a fairy] and watching horror movies all day.

Sabriel MoonStar
October 31st, 2007, 01:30 PM
Today I'm baking cookies and cooking a Tofurky feast (since we spend statutory holidays with my in-laws I haven't had the chance to try one yet). I made extra cookies so I'm giving some out to co-workers and friends. I'll do a private ritual tonight and leave apples for my loved ones who have passed on in the park. (My guinea pigs were cremated and I live 4 hours away from my sister's grave so I can't leave them at any grave sites)

Novembers River
October 31st, 2007, 04:20 PM
I don't normally do much for Samhain.

Will be passing out candy to the kids and maybe baking some cookies.

Whitewolf
October 31st, 2007, 11:27 PM
I didn't really get a lot of trick or treaters today. So I have lots of candy leftover. I am watching Ghost hunters [live] on the Sci-Fi channel.

Lady_Door
October 31st, 2007, 11:29 PM
I ended up taking a trip to the cemetery today and visited a few family members.

Foxglove
November 1st, 2007, 12:40 PM
I spent most of the day cleaning out the garden - gathering the last of the pumpkins, picking some green tomatoes, harvesting popcorn, that sort of thing. Anything left in the garden now is going to stay there. I made a feast from the fruits of the harvest, complete with a dumb supper, remembering my ancestors and reflecting on the season. Then I did my typical Samhain "celebration" in the astral, and it was wonderful as always. It was a nice sabbat. I hope you all enjoyed it. :)

Libris
November 1st, 2007, 01:02 PM
I spent most of the day cleaning out the garden - gathering the last of the pumpkins, picking some green tomatoes, harvesting popcorn, that sort of thing. Anything left in the garden now is going to stay there. I made a feast from the fruits of the harvest, complete with a dumb supper, remembering my ancestors and reflecting on the season. Then I did my typical Samhain "celebration" in the astral, and it was wonderful as always. It was a nice sabbat. I hope you all enjoyed it. :)

We cleaned out our garden a bit too, we would have burned it off as well, but it was way to windy. It sounds like you had a fruitful and magical Samhain. I hope everyone else's day was great too.

btw I love your pumpkin avatar, did you carve it yourself or find the pic on the web? It's great!

Childof_theMorrigan
November 1st, 2007, 01:18 PM
my coven has a 3 night celebration...

Plant Spirit Night we carved pumpkins and ate fruits and veggies

Animal Spirit Night we ate meat dishes and drew names for leading rituals for the next year and set the calendar dates

tonight is Ancestor Spirit Night. We will hold ritual in the circle and have a big meal consisting of foods that honor our ancestors

Foxglove
November 1st, 2007, 02:32 PM
btw I love your pumpkin avatar, did you carve it yourself or find the pic on the web? It's great!
I'm glad you like it. :) I actually carved it myself. I had forgotten how much fun pumpkin carving can be. It makes a nice altar piece, too.

mammas_girl
November 1st, 2007, 03:04 PM
It was my one year anniversery with my partner as well last night. So I got flowers and dinner made by her. She went to work I had a small ritual just me. Sat and meditated, then curled up and listened to enya._whistle_