PDA

View Full Version : The God within Dianic and Goddess Witchcraft

Philosophia
November 8th, 2007, 07:03 PM
Within the Dianic and Goddess witchcraft communities, the "God" or "Gods" can be equal (but separately worshiped), a "second fiddle", or forgotten all together.

What do you view the God or your Gods as? Do you include him within your path?

In mine, I view them as an equal but separate force within my path. Two Gods are extremely important in my path, Thoth (Djhuty) and Woden.

Lightning Strike
November 8th, 2007, 07:13 PM
I view all as equal to all others, I try not to forget or leave any out in this equality, but recognize the balances between them all, and within all things. I recognize the different elements of each varying God within each of the others. So to me they cannot Truly be named, labeled, etc. They just, well they just 'are.' If this makes sense.
I also recognize the masculine and feminine aspects and concentrate on them as equal points, opposites etc etc.

RainInanna
November 8th, 2007, 07:37 PM
I see Him as a reflection of Her, Her Consort, and Her Emanation.

LadyWillow
November 8th, 2007, 07:52 PM
I agree with the above. I really focus on the Goddess more. He is important, but I don't think nearly as important as She is. I acknowledge him really, but not as much as Her.

EvieLee
November 8th, 2007, 09:42 PM
My computer's working almost nicely! *squeel* I shall post fastly.

I don't recognise a god at all. My monotheistic view of Goddess sees her complete within herself. I used to be a "concerntrate on Goddess more than God" sort of person, but it felt redundant and wrong to me.

Mithrea
November 26th, 2007, 03:17 AM
I feel that I am forced to participate in the culture of God on a daily basis and I spent the better part of my childhood worshipping Him. I acknowledge his existence as force in the universe, but for this life, I choose to create time to spend with the Goddess, to learn from her and just be comfortable with her and with myself--something I can't be when dominated by the Other.

In protestant Christianity, I am "other" to God. If God is male, and his nature is rooted in his maleness, which is the way he is presented, then there is no room for me. I cannot relate. I have no basis for understanding. I inherently cannot be like him. So he is there, but he is not for me.

Mogget
January 16th, 2008, 10:44 PM
I would describe my beliefs as recognising a Divinity which is beyond geneder, and then it's male and female aspects - of which I am more drawn to the female.

So the Gods, or a specific God are there but not where my active attention is directed.

Very occassionally I get the urge to commune with a male form of divinity - when that happens I tend tot htink of the Green Man, Cerrnunnos or Pan or some other similarly wild and woodsy character. I have had an intersting encounter with a "Devil" like manifestation of the God - think Tarot Card Devil, not cartooon christian devil.

But mostly I'm in touch with the Goddess - maybe 3 or 4 times in my life have I felt drawn to the God

RainInanna
January 20th, 2008, 12:13 PM
I've been reading in the Holy Book of Women's Mysteries about Pan, Kouretes, etc. Interestingly it serves to make me consider how men fit into Goddess worship. I've always felt men are great too but that I didn't want to focus on the God, now I'm beginning to think I may need to work with Him too to get a broader understanding.

Alora
March 20th, 2008, 09:42 AM
I feel a connection to the Goddess. However, when I look to nature I see a masculine force, so I know that there is a masculine force. I just connect more to the Goddess. He is a part of her.

Pink_sheep
March 20th, 2008, 10:59 AM
He is a part of her.

Do you also think She is a part of Him? Just curious! :smile: