PDA

View Full Version : Dirty Women

SSanf
November 17th, 2007, 11:19 AM
Atheist, chadagg, responds to the Biblical allegation the women are twice as unclean as men and challenges Christians to become Atheists.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RO4l-Z1vctA

BlackMagicalCat
November 17th, 2007, 12:50 PM
I find it very moronic,,,a young man,,who doesnt believe in God,,,spending his time nitpicking at the sacred texts of the same God.

This is common with many athiests,,they have a chip on thier shoulder against God,,and they make sport of the bible,and they make sport of nitpicking and trashing God.(ohhh,look,,I have you now God)I wonder if the holy angels laugh when they see him?

You seldom will see them however(athiests),doing the same with any other God,,like say,,allah,,,nor will they do the same with any pagan God/Goddess,,nor any pagan myth,,,nor any pagan sacred texts,,,they do this with only one God,,,the bible God.

I dont believe in santa claus,,,and I dont spend my time trying to prove to others santa claus doesnt exist.

And only a foolish soul,,would declare that no god exists,,because,,,a man with even a little wisdom should have the sense to know that a mere mortal man has no way of searching the universe,,the spirit realms,,nor the distant galaxies,,to prove that their is not a God.So they try to prove with thier foolish words that thier isnt a God.

No man can prove God does not exist,,he does not have the ability to do it.
But any man can prove he is real,,by simply asking god to make himself known to them.

And finally,,God owes no man any proof that he/She exists.Nor does he owe anyone an explaination of his sacred texts.I once heard an athiest declare to God(yeah,,the christian God ),,,to,,,,Prove to me that you are real.
When he got no response,,he assumed that it was because no one heard him.
But God moves in his own time and in his own way when he feels like it,,and not because someone who already has thier minds made up,,tells him to.

Spending your time nitpicking at God,and mocking his sacred texts,,is foolish,,since
No one can prove he does not exist.I just wonder if he will have the same smirking sniveling attitude when faced with certain death?Or will the first words out of his mouth be,,Oh My God! Like so many others ,,when faced with death,they cry out,,OMG!

How foolish of mankind,,we kill each other,steal from each other,,,rape,hate,lie,harm,and eat from the bounty of the earth,,then we curse God
And we know more than he does?

aluokaloo
November 17th, 2007, 12:57 PM
I find it very moronic,,,a young man,,who doesnt believe in God,,,spending his time nitpicking at the sacred texts of the same God.

This is common with many athiests,,they have a chip on thier shoulder against God,,and they make sport of the bible,and they make sport of nitpicking and trashing God.(ohhh,look,,I have you now God)I wonder if the holy angels laugh when they see him?

You seldom will see them however(athiests),doing the same with any other God,,like say,,allah,,,nor will they do the same with any pagan God/Goddess,,nor any pagan myth,,,nor any pagan sacred texts,,,they do this with only one God,,,the bible God.

I dont believe in santa claus,,,and I dont spend my time trying to prove to others santa claus doesnt exist.

And only a foolish soul,,would declare that no god exists,,because,,,a man with even a little wisdom should have the sense to know that a mere mortal man has no way of searching the universe,,the spirit realms,,nor the distant galaxies,,to prove that their is not a God.So they try to prove with thier foolish words that thier isnt a God.

No man can prove God does not exist,,he does not have the ability to do it.
But any man can prove he is real,,by simply asking god to make himself known to them.

And finally,,God owes no man any proof that he/She exists.Nor does he owe anyone an explaination of his sacred texts.I once heard an athiest declare to God(yeah,,the christian God ),,,to,,,,Prove to me that you are real.
When he got no response,,he assumed that it was because no one heard him.
But God moves in his own time and in his own way when he feels like it,,and not because someone who already has thier minds made up,,tells him to.

Spending your time nitpicking at God,and mocking his sacred texts,,is foolish,,since
No one can prove he does not exist.I just wonder if he will have the same smirking sniveling attitude when faced with certain death?Or will the first words out of his mouth be,,Oh My God! Like so many others ,,when faced with death,they cry out,,OMG!

How foolish of mankind,,we kill each other,steal from each other,,,rape,hate,lie,harm,and eat from the bounty of the earth,,then we curse God
And we know more than he does?

i disagree azz i've known many atheists who scoff at any deity and i know many atheists who are respectful. I don't think it's foolish of someone to not acknoledge any deity, that is their pov and to me unless they deliberately choose to be arseholes about it, and their are arseholes in every group of people the lack of belief in any sort of deity hurts no one.

BlackMagicalCat
November 17th, 2007, 01:10 PM
Yes,,you are right,I myself have meet honest athiests whom really didnt believe in god,,they were respectfull.they also didnt spend thier time trashing the same God they claimed they didnt believe in.

Unfortunatly he was not like most athiest I have met,,a large number are this way,although not all.I am still waiting for an athiest to post a thread about allah,,and tell us all why allah doest exist.

Or,,post a pagan sacred text,,or some muslim text,,and treat it the same way they treat God.

Or,,,tell us about Bast,,tell us why she doesnt exist.

Or,,The Great Goddess Diana,,tell us why they dont believe in Diana.

Or,,take your pick of any God/Goddess.

David19
November 17th, 2007, 05:00 PM

Just wanted to say, Allah is the same as the Christian and Jewish God, they're the same being.

David19
November 17th, 2007, 05:07 PM
i disagree azz i've known many atheists who scoff at any deity and i know many atheists who are respectful. I don't think it's foolish of someone to not acknoledge any deity, that is their pov and to me unless they deliberately choose to be arseholes about it, and their are arseholes in every group of people the lack of belief in any sort of deity hurts no one.

I agree with you, there are assholes in every group, there are those that are just idiots and bigots, like the guy who wrote www.jesusneverexisted.com (who seems to have a bit of anti-Semitism in him) and there's also Brett Keane, that fundamentalist cowardly Atheist, who thinks burning the Koran and Christian Bible, makes him great (it doesn't, and I'm calling him a coward 'cause I doubt he'd ever burn the Koran in front of extremist Muslims, although I'd love to see him do that).

Personally, I really love a lot of the articles on Internet Infidels (http://www.infidels.org/), they're really intelligent, IMO, anyway.

One modern Gnostic (who owns this site (http://www.thegodabovegod.com/)) said that some Atheists are acting just like Christian fundamentalists, and that they're just Christian fundies with one less God, and Christian fundies are just Atheists with one less God.

aranarose
November 17th, 2007, 05:09 PM
Atheists are going to challenge the religion with which they are most often confronted. In the United States, that's likely to be Christianity, particularly of the fundamentalist variety. They are challenging it likely because it's been pushed in their faces very often.

They don't challenge Islam nearly as much because it's not shoved down their throats here. Same with Buddhism, Hinduism, and the various varieties of Paganism out there. It's not shoved down their throats on a daily basis the way that Christianity is.

And just take a stroll through the stores right now, see all the Christmas crap, and you'll see how it's shoved down our throats all the time.

Nox_Mortus
November 17th, 2007, 05:55 PM
well a few things, one this guy just comes off as a whiney little brat, and two Christians aren't obligated to follow this stuff, the same way Christians don't follow Jewish dietary laws, theres a biblical reasons for that, but I can't remember exactly what it is right now., something Jesus said about not having to follow the old rules anymore. But yeah, this stuff applies to Jews not Christians.

aluokaloo
November 18th, 2007, 12:23 AM
Yes,,you are right,I myself have meet honest athiests whom really didnt believe in god,,they were respectfull.they also didnt spend thier time trashing the same God they claimed they didnt believe in.

Unfortunatly he was not like most athiest I have met,,a large number are this way,although not all.I am still waiting for an athiest to post a thread about allah,,and tell us all why allah doest exist.

Or,,post a pagan sacred text,,or some muslim text,,and treat it the same way they treat God.

Or,,,tell us about Bast,,tell us why she doesnt exist.

Or,,The Great Goddess Diana,,tell us why they dont believe in Diana.

Or,,take your pick of any God/Goddess.

i have azzman. i've met atheists who have said rather snidely i might add, that pagans are no better because they need their sky daddy and their earth mommy, among other choice words i won't mention that really pissed me off, some atheist arseholes I suppose are equal opportunists. what are ya gonna do? what would aluokaloo do? press the almighty iggy buttons!:T

Belgalad
November 18th, 2007, 01:31 AM
well a few things, one this guy just comes off as a whiney little brat, and two Christians aren't obligated to follow this stuff, the same way Christians don't follow Jewish dietary laws, theres a biblical reasons for that, but I can't remember exactly what it is right now., something Jesus said about not having to follow the old rules anymore.

In the Gospel of Matthew, Jesus says "It is not what goeth into a man's mouth that makes him unclean, but that which goeth out of a man's mouth that makes him unclean." This is widely recognized among Protestants as the basis for eliminating the Jewish dietary laws. The passages abolishing the old covenant and building a new covenant are a bit less direct, and would theoretically impinge on such staples as the "Ten Commandments" and the vast majority of the mysogyny and gay-bashing found in the Bible that most Protestants still accept as daily normalcy.

The simplest observation is, the Old and New testaments are inherently contradictory; they are the holy books of two separate and conflicting religions stuffed together for political purposes. Which is exactly the point when many atheists confront Protestants with verses out of the Old Testament, to highlight the very fundamental software conflicts among the two operating systems many of the more virulent Christians feel compelled to install in their brains.

In many respects, not the least of which being the line I quoted (poorly, most likely) from Matthew above, the gods of the Old and New Testaments are entirely different entities. Many Protestants claim that they are a single entity, and refuse to notice its contradictory feelings, commands, and actions.

Heart of All
November 18th, 2007, 05:20 AM
I put "religion" as one of my interests on Stumble Upon, and it sends me to a lot of religion bashing websites. And I'm always looking for a pagan basher, and I've yet to see one. And something occurred to me about it yesterday-- it's very likely that none (or rather, very few) of these atheists who are religion-bashing have ever honestly considered the idea of there being another religion other than Christianity that is a viable option. If they've even heard of or noticed modern paganism, they are likely so Christianized that they think pagans are "weird." I know I've been called crazy for being a pagan.

In school and the Bible everywhere in popular culture we are taught that the ancients worshipped "false idols." I'm not sure many people have even thought of the idea that the ancients honestly believed in them. Even fewer that modern people honestly believe in them.

Christianity is so woven into our culture that, to a lot of people, the word "religious" is nearly synonymous with "devoutly Christian." I think that's where the phrase "I'm spiritual but not religious" got it's big grounding.

And so I think the reason for the limiting of the religion-bashing to Christianity is two-fold-- first, that Christianity is the predominant religion that these atheists encounter, and second, that these atheists don't see other religions as "real."

*Real is an imprecise word for what I'm meaning to say. However, I'm tired and can't think of a better one.

Golias
November 20th, 2007, 12:48 PM
I identify as an athiest, and I have no problem with anyone holding the religious beliefs that they find are right for them. It's not the beliefs themselves, it's how we act upon them that makes the difference. I don't have to agree with a belief in order to respect the person who holds it.

The capacity for religious belief is something that we evolved like tool-using or social interaction; I think it's a part of human nature.

Many atheists, however, do not understand attraction of religion and the feelings associated with it--like many people they mock what they do not understand; this can be really offensive, and I regret that people do such things.

Some are ex-Xtians; a lot of the time they are reacting against years of beliefs they have renounced. It can be extremely traumatic to lose one's faith, many people have compared it to losing a friend. This can cause people to have much anger and pain associated with religion (particularly Xtianity).

Some just don't like religion, it's true--I think they need to learn better manners; being an atheist does not give anyone the right to act like an asshole. People like that would benefit from learning more about the positive aspects of religion, (if they are capable of it--some people are just gonna be assholes and that's all that can be said about them . . .)

Because we are human beings, I think the only interface we have with external reality are our various belief systems. The difference is that some of us interpet the evidence we encounter differently.

I think there's more about being human that has the potential to unite us rather than divide us--I'd like to see more people focus on that.

Golias

gwendar
December 4th, 2007, 03:29 PM
I'm an ex-Christian atheist myself, and I hang out on an ex-C website sometimes...
Just wanted to say, from what I've noticed, atheists generally bash Christianity as a form of healing for themselves. A lot of us were damaged by that religion, especially when we feel we wasted years of our lives on lies.
Be the bigger person, and maybe try to have compassion for the one bashing religion. They may be a recent deconvert going through the most difficult situation they've ever been faced with.

Of course, some people are just idiots. :p
(Including me. I won't lie, I bash Christianity - the religion, not its adherants - at times, when I think back to my days of following it. Sometimes it makes me angry to think about, and I need to vent.)

Tanya
December 4th, 2007, 05:51 PM
Atheist, chadagg, responds to the Biblical allegation the women are twice as unclean as men and challenges Christians to become Atheists.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RO4l-Z1vctA

these people CLEARLY need the help of your goddless chickens!

Golias
December 5th, 2007, 06:03 PM
these people CLEARLY need the help of your goddless chickens!

Mmmmmmm---chicken.

I like chicken . . .

G