PDA

View Full Version : Will Bill destroy Hilary?

David19
November 26th, 2007, 06:51 PM
This was in a paper on saturday (btw, the link isn't to the paper it was originally in), and I thought it was quite an interesting one:

From here (http://www.khaleejtimes.com/CityHome.asp?xfile=data/citytimes/2007/November/citytimes_November235.xml&section=citytimes&col=):

Will Bill destroy her?

25 November 2007

Hillary seems a shoo-in as the next President but rumours are flying that her husband is up to his old tricks with a secret lover. So will a newsex scandal wreck the Clintons' White House comeback, wonders David Jones

THANKFULLY for Hillary Clinton, the road to the White House leads through many out-of-the way places. Obscure towns whose voters are more concerned with feeding their families and paying their medical bills than her husband's inventive uses for a cigar while dallying with Monica Lewinsky.

For Hillary, the latest stop is Fernley, a rural backwater in the Sierra Nevada mountains, 2,500 miles from the corridors of power, where she is trying to impress several hundred baseballcap wearing, tobacco-chewing

What are your thoughts?, do you think Hilary's political ambitions will get destroyed by Bill?

wolfjan1
November 26th, 2007, 08:09 PM
I think that Hillary is doing a good enough job screwing up her own campaign with her attitudes and her mouth.

Phoenix Blue
November 26th, 2007, 08:44 PM
Y'know, this kinda smacks of that "whisper campaign" we all heard about back during the 2000 primaries in South Carolina, only then it was John McCain and not Bill Clinton.

wolf
November 26th, 2007, 08:49 PM
Will Bill destroy her?

One can hope.

Artiste-LiLi
November 26th, 2007, 09:06 PM
I think people need to stop worrying so much about what "Willie" is doing with his dickie and with whom and worry more about what the next president does or does not stand for and what they will do for the PEOPLE instead of just lining their own pockets.

SSanf
November 26th, 2007, 10:25 PM
If Hillary doesn't care, why should we?

At this point, I think everyone expects Billy to have his piece on the side. Their marriage is a business arrangement and everyone pretty much knows it. Not saying that is bad. There are worse reasons to be and stay married. There is a lot more to marriage than just love and passion. As things stand, they seem to make a pretty good team.

banondraig
November 27th, 2007, 04:30 PM
One can hope.

Agreed, but surely they can do better than that.

HedwigHarfang
November 27th, 2007, 09:30 PM
I doubt anything will stop Hillary. In the long run she is opposed by the currently unelectable Barack Obama. No amount of sleaze from Bill will damage her as the most credible and electable Democrat candidate.

I was wrong about the Australian election - I didn't see Rudd come up behind Howard to take over there - but on the other hand the only race here is between Hillary and time, and she is far out ahead in front. Sorry to the people that dislike her, but political reality says...she'll still win.

Wicce
November 27th, 2007, 10:55 PM
At this point, I think everyone expects Billy to have his piece on the side. Their marriage is a business arrangement and everyone pretty much knows it. Not saying that is bad. There are worse reasons to be and stay married. There is a lot more to marriage than just love and passion. As things stand, they seem to make a pretty good team.

At one point, Bill was going to be a liability for Hillary. After his affair, but before Bush's spectacular implosion (which improved Bill in the eyes of the public, by default.)

I wonder what the compulsion is for people to judge marriages they have no real access to, and why Bill and Hillary particularly? Because she's cold, so obviously she must not be married for love? I don't like the woman, but it rankles me when people presume to pass judgment on her marriage with no real evidence.

Why isn't anyone commenting on George and Laura? She's a Stepford, the kind of wife every good ol' boy republican needs, and they would stay married just for that whether they really want to anymore or not. Yet, it's not something that comes up.

banondraig
November 28th, 2007, 01:53 PM
At one point, Bill was going to be a liability for Hillary. After his affair, but before Bush's spectacular implosion (which improved Bill in the eyes of the public, by default.)

I wonder what the compulsion is for people to judge marriages they have no real access to, and why Bill and Hillary particularly? Because she's cold, so obviously she must not be married for love? I don't like the woman, but it rankles me when people presume to pass judgment on her marriage with no real evidence.

Why isn't anyone commenting on George and Laura? She's a Stepford, the kind of wife every good ol' boy republican needs, and they would stay married just for that whether they really want to anymore or not. Yet, it's not something that comes up.

The Bushes' marriage has been questioned in the supermarket press.

The big deal about Hillary's marriage is that she is a woman stepping outside of the Stepford role.

Artiste-LiLi
November 29th, 2007, 09:48 AM

The big deal about Hillary's marriage is that she is a woman stepping outside of the Stepford role.

Good for her! I despise Stepford Wives. :T

I think what goes on inside a marriage (with the exception of abuse and even then there are limits on what role an outsider can play) is no one's business except for the married couple's. IF a couple -or- one partner comes to someone and specifically ASKS for input fine....otherwise....no one's business.

David19
November 29th, 2007, 11:11 AM

I'm glad she's running and ruing the Stepford wife image, IMO, it would be good to have more female politicians running for president, and challenge the patriarchy that exists within the White House and U.S. politics in general (although I'm not too sure, are American politics still, in large, dominated by white, middle-aged, hetrosexual men?).

Artiste-LiLi
November 30th, 2007, 07:25 AM
I'm glad she's running and ruing the Stepford wife image, IMO, it would be good to have more female politicians running for president, and challenge the patriarchy that exists within the White House and U.S. politics in general (although I'm not too sure, are American politics still, in large, dominated by white, middle-aged, hetrosexual men?).

Welllll......the white and middle aged (to aged) male are still true....but I think the "hetrosexual" aspect is begining to be questioned in light of some recent events. :T

banondraig
November 30th, 2007, 01:46 PM
Welllll......the white and middle aged (to aged) male are still true....but I think the "hetrosexual" aspect is begining to be questioned in light of some recent events. :T

:lol: "wide stance", yeah right!

PrincessKLS
November 30th, 2007, 03:12 PM
No, I think Hillary will destroy Bill :lol: I could definitely see her divorcing him after she gets into office. She'll stop at nothing. I say if she doesn't make it in 2008 elections, she'll try in the 2016 or switch sides in 2012 to outdo the Democratic candidate if she needs too :)

PrincessKLS
November 30th, 2007, 03:14 PM

:lol: It was said that Abraham Lincoln was secretly gay.

Wicce
November 30th, 2007, 03:21 PM
(although I'm not too sure, are American politics still, in large, dominated by white, middle-aged, hetrosexual men?).

There are 16 female senators (the most there have ever been) currently, which is not even close to 50%, but it's something. However there's only 1 black senator (Obama), and with any luck (in my opinion) he'll become president...there's 1 asian senator, from Hawaii, and 3 hispanic senators. The Supreme Court contains 7 old white men, a black man and a woman. No one elects the Supreme Court, so in my opinion it kinda shows who our old, white, male presidents think need to be at the top of the game.

Phoenix Blue
November 30th, 2007, 04:55 PM
No one elects the Supreme Court ...
Not entirely true. :) The Senate confirms the president's nominees for the high court.

banondraig
December 2nd, 2007, 07:35 PM
:lol: It was said that Abraham Lincoln was secretly gay.

I'm not sure I believe that.

Buchanan was the bachelor president, after all.