View Full Version : psp

mtpathy
December 5th, 2007, 07:20 PM
anyone play the handheld sony system.
i play field commander and socom tactical
strike under the nick gavagai.

MysticCottageHerbs
December 5th, 2007, 08:12 PM
Nope but I got one for my nephew for Christmas. I hope he likes it!

Laisrean
December 5th, 2007, 09:52 PM
Nope, but I got a Nintendo DS.

mtpathy
December 5th, 2007, 11:35 PM
Nope, but I got a Nintendo DS.

yup i have a ds as well, had to sell my 360 cause of starting school i just dont have any time for it anymore, and since i can connect to hotspots through psp i just take that with me a get a few games inn while im on the move.

Laisrean
December 6th, 2007, 12:19 AM
yup i have a ds as well, had to sell my 360 cause of starting school i just dont have any time for it anymore, and since i can connect to hotspots through psp i just take that with me a get a few games inn while im on the move.

I hope you got the newer model which is slimmer and has better battery life (or so I hear anyway).

I don't intend to get one - or at least not until it is like $99 or less, because as I understand, most of the games for it are also available on the PS2 or other systems. It isn't a bad system, technically speaking, but it just seems more like a console than a handheld, and that being the case I think its better to just grab a dedicated console... but that's just my opinion.

mtpathy
December 6th, 2007, 01:04 AM
I hope you got the newer model which is slimmer and has better battery life (or so I hear anyway).

I don't intend to get one - or at least not until it is like $99 or less, because as I understand, most of the games for it are also available on the PS2 or other systems. It isn't a bad system, technically speaking, but it just seems more like a console than a handheld, and that being the case I think its better to just grab a dedicated console... but that's just my opinion.

is odd that you mention that cause i was just telling my wife the same thing, the psp is the handheld ps and and the nintendo ds & sp the handheld nintendo consols.
i love all the puzzle games on the ds/sp but man its just severly lacking in online play which is the main reason ive started favoring psp.

Fire-scryer
December 6th, 2007, 01:12 AM
I have a psp. I use it to play RPG's and need for speed. Graphics are good and the wireless feature is cool.

My complaints:
Load times are horrible
some of the games are incredibly hard due to the lack of a second analog stick

It is great to have for deployments and traveling. I'm glad I have it, but had I known then what I know now I would have waited until it got a lot cheaper before I spent the money.

mtpathy
December 6th, 2007, 01:32 AM
unfortunatley it seems that turnbased tactical and wargames are most favored by the handheld gaming systems which is one of the main reasons ive been favoring them, granted i still play chess and go on my laptop but to play a actual turnbased wargame i have to go to the ds or psp to find games nowdays.

blithespirit
December 6th, 2007, 02:01 AM
PSP games in my collection so far:

Me and My Katamari
Loco Roco
Burnout Revenge
Sonic Rivals
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions

mtpathy
December 10th, 2007, 03:03 AM
a new game out that can be downloaded from the playstation store
http://store.playstation.com/store/product.vm?id=UP9000-NPUG80060_00-0000000000000000
i love my music collection and take it with me everywhere so this game is perfect for waisting time while you wait.
http://gaygamer.net/2007/12/video_hands_on_footage_of_psps.html

mtpathy
December 21st, 2007, 12:41 AM
Patapon
i borrowed a copy of the game from a guy i know who has the japanese version, cant read hardly a word of it, but the gameplays pretty simple and the games crazy lol, check out the trailer
http://teamicogamers.blogspot.com/2007/12/pata-pata-pata-pon-us-version-coming-in.html