View Full Version : Help! Beaded necklaces and such.

July 1st, 2002, 01:36 AM
I started getting into beading, and I was doing necklaces and such but.. one problem with my necklaces was they always ended up breaking, and I could never get the beads to meet at the top so that they hid the bit of wire I had there.. any thoughts? Ideas?

July 1st, 2002, 02:01 AM
try these

:) hope they help!

July 2nd, 2002, 10:10 AM
Thanks Xander :D those did help alot and I got my necklace to work! Problem is.. the jewelry wire is being mean and doesn't wanna lay straight, so now it's all curled up and down and all around >.< bah. *has it hanging tight on two thumbtacks on the wall..doesn't seem to be working.*

July 2nd, 2002, 10:48 AM
be sure to post Pictures of your work if you can,

and if you would, If you use any of the links, let us know which ones you liked.

July 2nd, 2002, 11:42 AM
I think the main ones that helped where the first three.. hmm...

*takes picture of necklace*

yes it's blurry.. crappy web cam >.< but that's it.

And no, it's -not- supposed to curl like that *glares at it*

July 2nd, 2002, 12:26 PM
here's a second necklace I did from leftover beads.

July 2nd, 2002, 12:41 PM

those are really good! :thumbsup:

I will bet if you were to set up a table at a local craft fair,

you will sell all of them, and get orders for more!

those are really beautiful!

then again if you were to get some good photos and scan them, im sure you would find a few people here that would LOVE to have one, I myself would buy one for my Nice for her 5th birthday in November, she likes Purple, as does my mother, and myself LOL

July 2nd, 2002, 12:44 PM
Thanks Xander :D

I think I need those knot clamps, the kind that you put over knots and clamp it down to hide them :D

because of the specific clamp I was using on the second one, a weird kind that looks like a coild up spring with a piece hanging out to attatch to the other side, I had to wrap the string -around- it to be able to tie it on, so you can still see string... but I'm still learning!

July 2nd, 2002, 12:50 PM
I am pretty sure you can find them from one of the sites that I listed some of them sell supplies, wait .... me find them

here you are

and here is a site in BC Canada

July 2nd, 2002, 12:53 PM
The necklaces are really beautiful, Faolan. I really like the silver beads. They looked like they had a colour bead in the middle?

July 2nd, 2002, 01:00 PM
Not sure if it's an actual -bead- in the middle.. but there is color inside them.. like around the inside of the beads they put color.

thanks Xander, will definately look into those :D can't order anything til I move though.

July 2nd, 2002, 01:06 PM
here's an anklet I did with some more leftover beads.

July 2nd, 2002, 01:15 PM
Those are beautiful! (((Faolan))) wow, you are sooooo talented!

July 2nd, 2002, 01:18 PM
*blush* really? wow thanks.. :D

July 2nd, 2002, 01:20 PM
so *cough* you got any with purple on them... ;)

July 2nd, 2002, 01:47 PM
*grins* Shnen, I will make a purple necklace just for you, and if I do it right you can have it :D

another one,

memory wire for I'm guessing a toddler, since it's a bracelet and it sure as hell doesn't fit on my wrist >.<
So I figured, small child, big bigs and bright colors, so here it is.

July 2nd, 2002, 02:01 PM
Sooo pretty!

:lol: Faolan, I am kidding! but thanks for the thought... :lol:

July 2nd, 2002, 02:08 PM
:D Too late :D

I didn't have enough purple beads to make a necklace, so I made a bracelet. No clamps left, will have to finish it when I get more.

July 2nd, 2002, 02:12 PM
LOL! OMG! you are a quick one! its beautiful...

you really have a wonderful talent Faolan!

July 2nd, 2002, 02:18 PM
Thanks.. but I don't see how i mean.. all it is, is putting beads on string O-o

July 2nd, 2002, 02:25 PM
trust me, you have a wonderful eye for colour size and texture!

July 2nd, 2002, 02:27 PM
*blush* thanks Shnen (((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))

July 3rd, 2002, 08:34 AM
I made this one a while ago, realized today that it was one of the designs posted in the list of necklace links, so I thought I'd share it. It doesn't show up too well, but it's little oily-coloured beads and black seed beads.

July 3rd, 2002, 01:25 PM
*doesn't think she'll -ever- be able to make necklaces like that.. her fingers are just too big*

July 3rd, 2002, 02:12 PM
thats the whole idea :)

they are unique in that they are made by your hands, so naturally you would put your expressio into them...

Originality is Key!

Good luck Faolan

July 3rd, 2002, 10:40 PM
true... but they're not very elaborate or beautiful or anything.. >.<

July 3rd, 2002, 11:44 PM

PLease dont let me hear you say that again!

you are too hard on yourself.....

Tell her everyone! :o

July 10th, 2002, 01:59 PM
Lo Dear

Very nice work...:)..
that curl tendancy.. is two things..one the fact its been on a roll or spool since it was made.. which gives it a lot of shape memory

the the other and the most simple is for the gauge wire you have...you have the beads on too tight..too many for the string.. I understand the desire to hide all the "sting" but just like life anything that moves has to have some slack... to tight.. it bows and as i read on a prior post... breaks...

the way of the willow bends and moves... and does not break

take off at least one bead...to allow them to move just a little.. and take the tension off.... and to help lose the bend...take the wire and pull it like one does for curlng ribbons.. and curl it the other way.. and around and around.. till nearly flat...

aslo try a lower gauge wire....which will be more flexible...

fought the same things years ago and know how fustrateing it is.... give it shot..

oh..one last one... hand the necklace and acctach a weigth to it.. something heavy in comparison to it.... it will help retrain the wire to hang and not curl.... ( i used to use lead fishing weitghts... )

aka Starwind

July 13th, 2002, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by Faolan
true... but they're not very elaborate or beautiful or anything.. >.<

ok, see, there you are wrong... who says beautiful has to be elaborate? Your necklaces ARE GEORGEOUS!

besides, as you go on, you will experiment more and more...:)