PDA

View Full Version : Magick....... The gathering.

phoenixrising
December 22nd, 2007, 09:08 PM
I havn't played in some time, the game seemed to be getting away from its roots, the art got terrible (what first drew me to it) and the rules got too crazy.

But I miss it in a way, I would love to see (and think it would be great) a tabletop version. Like 40k but much smaller, and the variance beetween games of not knowing which units will hit the field.

Thoughts? ideas?

Childof_theMorrigan
December 22nd, 2007, 09:12 PM
i'm a mtg geek..

a table top would be very interesting! i've never done 40k but i can imagine...

i dont have any thoughts or ideas more than that BUT

you should check out

magic workstation just google it. might be interested!

phoenixrising
December 22nd, 2007, 09:19 PM
Blocked :(

I have no interest in playing the card version anymore.. beetween the changes and discovery of 40k I can't go back.

www.games-workshop.com (http://www.games-workshop.com)

But picture an Arathi dragon descending upon a Serra Angel :D I guess I just want to see some of the art from MTG in 3d.. the older stuff had amazing art.

Childof_theMorrigan
December 22nd, 2007, 09:22 PM
yeah it sure did :(

phoenixrising
December 22nd, 2007, 09:24 PM
You still play? I got out when they took birds of paradise out of type two.. they were almost the standard in trading currency.. I had 12... 15$ to 4$ in a day.

Fire-scryer
December 23rd, 2007, 01:19 AM
I used to play MtG religiously. I mean tournaments every weekend and such. I still have my decks. I have mostly unlimited,revised, fourth, and fifth edition cards, a couple alpha and beta cards thrown in there (Mox Sapphire, Mox Ruby) which were restricted in tournaments back then :(

I have a lot of expansion cards as well. Arabian Nights, Antiquities, Legends (I have all the elder dragon legends huzzah!), Ice Age, Fallen Empires, The Dark, and a few others I can't remember.

I would love to play again, but everything has changed so much. The rules are too outrageous now. Phasing and such??? seriously.

Just give me my instants, interrupts, and sorceries and let me have at it :hehehehe:

phoenixrising
December 26th, 2007, 06:45 PM
Amen Brother!

What was your favorite art?

For me it was the Arathi dragon hands down..

Fire-scryer
December 27th, 2007, 12:43 AM
Hmm, I'm going to have to think on that one. The Serra Angel and the Fallen Angel both come to mind. Chromium was bad ass, so was Vaevictous Asmadi. Lord of the Pit was pretty frikken cool too.

It has been so long since I looked at my cards :(