View Full Version : Leaving the broomcloset

April 27th, 2001, 12:03 AM
I think I just came out of the 'broomcloset' today :eek:. I didn't really mean to, but I was describing a website I had found to a friend of my husband, I said something about 'witch' and he goes 'Oh you mean like wicca and things like that?' and I said 'yeah'...so he said 'are you into that stuff?'.... 8O oops, no denying it now so I decided to be honest and said 'Yes I am!'. I did add that I'm pagan and not wiccan, but I doubt that made any sense to him. So I guess I'm out now, no going back :sunny:.

Anyone else have any stories to share about stepping out of the broomcloset?

April 27th, 2001, 02:37 AM
When I came out to my soon-to-be mother-in-law she asked if I was going to turn men into frogs. LOL, I don't think she truely understood did she.

April 27th, 2001, 03:21 AM
Good for you hon! :sunny:

I'm come out of the broomcloset to just about everyone I know except for two people...my inlaws :rolleyes:

My mother in law is VERY Catholic (or so she says...I think the last time she set foot in the Catholic church is on the day of my wedding) and my father in law, although he is a fantastic man, is Anglican and an "elder", more or less, in the congregation. I don't wanna rock the boat, ya know? Most look at me and say "well, Rae...you're a great gal...don't make no never mind to us who or what you believe in!" I am truly blessed with wonderful friends and family!

Walk in the light of She who falls in step with you

Rae )0(

April 27th, 2001, 04:08 AM
I, over time, slowly started telling my husband about it....and one day we just had a big discussion about religion.....and everything came out.....he agreed with my beliefs but not with the words wicca or pagan (go figure, right!) :) he gave me a hard time about it, but to show me he was behind me, he took me out and we went shopping for a pentagram necklace!! No one else knows about my path.....although I don't hide it....I wear my necklace proudly...so far no one has asked me about it....the only person I hide it from is my Grandfather....considering he's Catholic and goes to church every Sunday...sometimes more....I just don't want to upset him at all.....he doesn't need the extra stress considering my grandmother passed away about a year and a half ago and he is quite lonely!....my mom brought it up once.....we were in the library and I was taking out a whole bunch of witchcraft and wicca books...she looked at me and laughed and said "Elaine, you're not a witch!!" I just looked at her and smiled....and said "you're right".....considering, technically, that's true.....because I do not consider myself a witch...I do not practice magick as of yet...I am just starting my wiccan path...maybe that will come one day...but as of now...just wiccan!!:)
(geez....I think I'm incapable of a short posting on here...I just can't seem to stop!!! ) :crazy: :rolleyes: ;) :cool:

April 27th, 2001, 11:38 AM
Being out of the Broom Closet is something we all have to consider, and I certainly hope you get many personal stories on this. I will revive a thread and you can look thru it. :)