PDA

View Full Version : Modus Operandi

Shatril
January 4th, 2008, 07:51 AM
The other day I did a chart for someone, and while I was doing that I also looked at my North Node (NN), chiron, part of fortune,and indepth rising sign in a more intuitive way. I have to say that I was really surprised at the small print (figurative). The major signs like Sun, Moon, and Rising/Ascendant give you a broad picture and most of the time the person will go, OH I resemble this. But it is the small print that gives you the real feel for the person. This is where they get those things that are strictly their modus operandi. This is were the rubber meets the road, and we see those things that we would consider personality traits. I find these things to be very facinating also when looking at charts. It really is too bad that we don't have the time to dig a little deeper into these things on this forum.

I plan to explore my own small print here. However, at the moment I'm feeling overwhelmed, so enough for now.

Shatril

Hope
January 4th, 2008, 12:43 PM
how interesting, it will be fun to follow this thread TOO

love
t

Shatril
January 6th, 2008, 03:10 PM
I am going to use this method to interpret my Part of Fortune(PF). This is my first installment of the Modus Operandi from Shatril’s chart.

• First look to any planets or points that are tightly conjunct or opposite the Part of Fortune as significators of vocation, career, and natural talents--keys to success.

My sun in Leo is conjunct, and this would I think mean that my career is my life, and that I would be using my natural talents to become a success. This holds true with my life, as I am quite well known in my field (limited as that might be). Part of my success is my ability to work with others. I also have lots of things in my chart that indicated that I would be successful in my chosen field.

My Pluto has a loose conjunction, and this means that I am a natural leader; even if it is by accident. Without ever having sought out leadership as part of my career, it just happened. In that process I found that I was actually a good leader, and people were loyal. This was true because I deal with everyone fairly, and would stand up for their rights. Many of them would follow me from one place to another.

• Second, determine the ruling planet of the sign of the Part of Fortune, and consider that planet as another significator.

Well the ruler of the house sign is the Sun and we discussed this one already

• Consider the sign and house placement of the Part of Fortune as qualities and areas of life where we possess natural and innate talents or abilities, and that can be considered keys to worldly success and prosperity.

The PF in the 10th house means that I will have fortunate things happen that will raise me to prominent in my chosen field. That is true. I have been the luckiest person you have been in contact with. Always seem to be in the right place at the right time career wise.

The PF in Leo all of the positive and negative aspects of Leo apply when it comes to this placement of the PF. I exhibit many of the tendencies throughout my career.

• Look to any planets or points posited in the same sign as the Part of Fortune, whether or not they are conjunct the point. These will also play a role in our profession.

Other planet in Leo in the 11th house is Papa Saturn—this makes me generous, but quick-tempered (I resembled that, but it is better with age), determined, ambitious, and strong-willed. Troubles and secret enmity through inferiors. Well the trouble is certainly something that I can relate to. However, this is not someone who was working with me directly, but who felt that they must compete with me for some reason. Caused me great pain. There were two of those in my career, and both times I came out the worse for wear, as they were both of a higher level to me, but inferior to me as regards my authority at work (can you say ouch? Of course you can.)

From here http://www.cafeastrology.com/partoffortune.html

RedRose
January 8th, 2008, 10:35 AM
Thanks so much for this insightful thread, Shatril.

My Pof F has always confused me. It is conjunct Saturn and Juno right on my Decendant. One book I once read told me that people with PoF conjunct Saturn are happiest when we are sad. That is not true. I am happiest when I am at ONE; happy, healthy, rich in all ways, loved and loving, and enaged in fun projects!

RedRose

Thunder
January 8th, 2008, 11:25 AM
Thanks so much for this insightful thread, Shatril.

My Pof F has always confused me. It is conjunct Saturn and Juno right on my Decendant. One book I once read told me that people with PoF conjunct Saturn are happiest when we are sad. That is not true. I am happiest when I am at ONE; happy, healthy, rich in all ways, loved and loving, and enaged in fun projects!

RedRoseThat phrase struck a chord for me... there are people in and around my life who I have described as "Only happy when they are miserable". While that sounds like a contradiction... or paradox, what I mean when I say it is that they seem to seek out situations of stress and conflict. They seem uncomfortable when there is nothing to complain about. It is an interesting personality type.

Shatril
January 8th, 2008, 11:42 AM
That phrase struck a chord for me... there are people in and around my life who I have described as "Only happy when they are miserable". While that sounds like a contradiction... or paradox, what I mean when I say it is that they seem to seek out situations of stress and conflict. They seem uncomfortable when there is nothing to complain about. It is an interesting personality type.

Yep my husband is a "female dog" most of the time. He just has to be complaining about something or he isn't happy. What is odd, is that he never does this in public, except in whispers to me. He just starts the day out "acting like a female dog", and continues from there. We all tease him about it, cuz now that we have gotten used to it, it has no effect. In fact, from time to time I must ask him if he is angry when something about his behavior doesn't seem quite right. Most of the time I ignore what he says, cuz of his "female Dogness" and this has gotten me in trouble with him. :rollingla He always complains that I don't listen to a thing he says, and he is absolutely right; I don't, who would want to. :falloffch

Well there is that.

:hugz: Shatril

Shatril
January 8th, 2008, 01:58 PM
Chiron (http://www.cafeastrology.com/chiron.html) Modus Operandi

Today I’m going to deal with Chiron in my second house, and it is square Pluto. I used the teachings from Cafe Astrology, which is linked above.

In second house—Chiron teaches and gives advice. The 2nd house is money, possessions, and values. You can show other people how to take care of their money better than you take care of your own. In fact, your own finances could be a mess. They may squander or give away what they have for the same reason. It is important to remember that if there are problems with money or possessions, these are most likely not the real issue. The sense of self-worth is the key here. Paraphrased from Café Astrology, which is linked above.

This is definitely me all over. I have been paying the price for this my whole life. It wasn’t until I started studying astrology that I finally got the psychological reasons for my modus operandi in this area. I’m still trying to straighten out some of the difficulties with my messy financial habits of the past, and working on the self-worth thing also. Thank God/dess it is never too late.

In Scorpio—The issue here is power. They may feel powerless and try to cover this up by acting strong. There is an avoidance of sex because it's too "dangerous" (they may try to dominate me). This would be a perfect placement for a sex therapist that can help everyone else with their sexual problems but cannot help themselves. Inheritance matters may also be a sore point. Problems and upsets would tend to come with it.

This is how it manifested in me. I have a real problem with letting people get control over me. I don’t want anyone to tell me what to do. This made me a rebel, and I always have a cause, even in a daily timing. For me it was the lose of control that made me fear sex when I was younger. Letting go meant vulnerability, and I was not going to let anyone know that I was vulnerable in any way. So far I haven’t been in a way to inherit anything, so not sure that will affect me. With the second house placement I am more likely to just let everyone else have it all, which I expect would upset me at a deep level, but easier that than the argument (I’m sure this is some other planet playing this out.

Square Pluto—result could be someone who is always coming out on the wrong end of power struggles. (Discussed in the post about PF). They are afraid of letting their power out. Most likely, when they were children, any release of that tremendous Pluto force caused their parents to come down hard, and Pluto was pushed underground. The cure here is to recognize and take responsibility for one's own power, and to find ways to let it out constructively.

Yep this would be me in this aspect. As a result of my parent’s suppression of the Pluto power, I drove it underground. I would work in sneaky ways to like undermine others, whom I thought were in a position of power over me. As you have read previously this is where I sometimes came into conflict with those who truly had power over my well-being (as in signs the paycheck).

Chiron in Transit—This one is just the icing on the cake for me this year. Since July 24, 2007 (just before my birthday) until Jan 23, 2008 Chiron has been opposite my Natal Sun. This is like just feeding all of the natal issues that I have had, and bringing them to a crisis point. That coupled with the Mars, and Saturn retrograde, I’m a mess. For sure. The lessons have been coming hard and frequent. To the point of questioning everything that I have believed about myself for my whole life. I’m glad that it is ending soon. I hope I can hold it together long enough to survive this. (can you say ouch)

I’m too depressed to go on here. Aaaaaaaarrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh

punxzen
January 8th, 2008, 09:09 PM
Chiron in Transit—This one is just the icing on the cake for me this year. Since July 24, 2007 (just before my birthday) until Jan 23, 2008 Chiron has been opposite my Natal Sun. This is like just feeding all of the natal issues that I have had, and bringing them to a crisis point. That coupled with the Mars, and Saturn retrograde, I’m a mess. For sure. The lessons have been coming hard and frequent. To the point of questioning everything that I have believed about myself for my whole life. I’m glad that it is ending soon. I hope I can hold it together long enough to survive this. (can you say ouch)

yes, OUCH! yer sun must be pretty near my moon. redrose's moon too, hers is just getting a strong punch now, mine got its last before christmas thankfully. now im getting a conjunction with mercury for the second time and i will get another couple through november this year. i had a very interesting chiron transit for the new year too. according to astro.com, chiron came to an exact sextile with my ascendant at exactly 00:00 Jan. 1, 2008. still tryin to figure that one out...

In fact, your own finances could be a mess. They may squander or give away what they have for the same reason.
i also have chiron in the 2nd and the term 'squander' is definitely a fitting description of how i use my physical resources... i keep trying to figure out why all my money keeps disappearing, and even after taking careful note of everything i spend money on i have a really hard time reigning it in...:o

Shatril
January 9th, 2008, 08:21 AM
i also have chiron in the 2nd and the term 'squander' is definitely a fitting description of how i use my physical resources... i keep trying to figure out why all my money keeps disappearing, and even after taking careful note of everything i spend money on i have a really hard time reigning it in...:o

Boy do I relate to this one. I barely have enough cash at the moment to put gas in my car, and what did I do the other day. Gave $5 to the Amber Alert system. Well it is a good cause, but on reflection it seems somewhat irresponsible.

:hugz: shatril

RedRose
January 10th, 2008, 10:01 AM
I went through my Chiron Return a couple years ago now. Currently Chiron in the sky is conjunct my Sun and opposite my Moon. Chiron is also conjunct Neptune. Neptune has been on top of my Sun, opposite my Moon (and Punxzen's too) for WAY LONG TIME....

I have been practically on the street for a decade, but now things are going great! They are paying me to go to school and I just landed a dreamy PT job. I'm suddenly having fun - what a concept!

Now, I wouldn't be a decent Taurus Rising if I didn't mention that USAers have been set up to fail. They lie to us and we fall for their lies, and then we feel guilty about how we got conned. For instance, they are not "credit" cards. They are actually "debt" cards.

The USA dollar is tanking.

Chiron in the 2nd House means you have healing powers in the area of True Treasure. You can MANIFEST. Sure, you are better at doing it for others, but you are welcome your 10% of their miracles. The KEY to Chiron in the 2nd is experiencing up close and personal how you ARE taken care of. Help others gain True Treasure and you will be taken care of too. Don't fret about yourself. Help others manifest rich miracles .

Note: I have Chiron in the 10th House, so I get recognition and "clout" or "power" from empowering others. Chiron in the 2nd House folk are Manifestation Masters! The reason you are loose with money is because uh...money...paper...corruption....earthlings are stupid...simpler to just MANIFEST stuff. Mama Gaia loves Chiron in 2nd House best!

RedRose

Shatril
January 10th, 2008, 10:11 AM
I went through my Chiron Return a couple years ago now. Currently Chiron in the sky is conjunct my Sun and opposite my Moon. Chiron is also conjunct Neptune. Neptune has been on top of my Sun, opposite my Moon (and Punxzen's too) for WAY LONG TIME....

I have been practically on the street for a decade, but now things are going great! They are paying me to go to school and I just landed a dreamy PT job. I'm suddenly having fun - what a concept!

Now, I wouldn't be a decent Taurus Rising if I didn't mention that USAers have been set up to fail. They lie to us and we fall for their lies, and then we feel guilty about how we got conned. For instance, they are not "credit" cards. They are actually "debt" cards. They USA dollar is tanking.

Chiron in the 2nd House means you have healing powers in the area of True Treasure. You can MANIFEST. Sure, you are better at doing it for others, but you are welcome your 10% of their miracles. The KEY to Chiron in the 2nd is experiencing up close and personal how you ARE taken care of. Help others gain True Treasure and you will be taken care of too. Don't fret about yourself. Help others manifest rich miracles .

Note: I have Chiron in the 10th House, so I get recognition and "clout" or "power" from empowering others. Chiron in the 2nd House folk are Manifestation Masters! The reason you are loose with money is because uh...money...paper...corruption....earthlings are stupid...simpler to just MANIFEST stuff. Mama Gaia loves Chiron in 2nd House best!

RedRose

How are you getting paid to go to school? I really want to know about that. You can PM me with the info if you would, or just post it here if you want. either is fine.

RedRose
January 10th, 2008, 10:58 AM
Hi Shatril,

I get paid to go to university because I qualify for financial aid and because so many scholarships are aimed at helping low-income women, and/or women who have been downsized, get through college.

RedRose

RainInanna
January 10th, 2008, 11:07 AM
What are "part of fortune" and "in depth rising"?

banondraig
January 10th, 2008, 11:53 AM
here's a great article by Robert Hand about the part of fortune: http://www.astro.com/astrology/in_fortune_e.htm

the "in depth rising" is something with which i too am unfamiliar.

I myself had my part of fortune and part of spirit swapped for years, because i didn't know about the day/night birth swap. So I went around thinking that my part of fortune was right on top of my neptune/sag/4th, when really it is aries/9th, opposed to my mars. *sigh*

Shatril
January 15th, 2008, 10:41 AM
I didn't know what an indepth rising sign was either, and I looked back through my post and realized where it came from. That should read, "An indepth look at my rising sign." I had always been skimming the surface of this item of my chart. Today is the day that I will look more carefully at this.

Modus Operandi: Rising Sign

From “The Secrets of your Rising Sign” by William Lamb with Webb Harris JR.

Leo with Libra Rising-This book takes the sun and rising sign together, which is rather the way I would look at this myself. However, I would not have chosen the words they did, cuz they make me blush at first.

“Talk about impressive! These are some people-pleasing winners! Polite Libra makes these Leos extra willing to share themselves and be considerate of others. And they’re wonderful to their closest friends and loved ones. They’ll do anything to keep people happy and entertained. Their mid-morning birth gives them a friendly magnetism, and their Likable Libra personality delivers a lifetime of powerfully successful associations: and if they play their cards right they’ll reap the fruitful harvest of personal happiness and professional advantage.”

I’m going to deal with this gushing bunch of words first. It isn’t hard to see that this would make me uncomfortable, it just sounds so good to be true. However, the net results in the last sentence certainly apply to me most of the time. That is unless other astrological happenings short circuit this.

“Rewards are a given when these well-connected Leos stick to the goals they’ve set for themselves and embrace the opportunities that friends and colleagues provide, as well. They instinctively know that it’s neither necessary nor ultimately beneficial to unfairly use or manipulate people, and they’re masters at keeping everyone please by making fair decisions. They really love to be “all things to all people.” If they invest in people wisely and remember that obliging demeanor will earn them the good will they crave. These folks really want to be liked, so they give generously of themselves, and their recipients give right back. However, it behooves Leos born mid-morning to keep a handle on their Leo ego along the way. It tends to inflate itself, and when these Leos get so proud of their conquests and achievements that they see nothing else, they’re liable to leave themselves a long line of disgruntled individuals who initially loved their style but eventually came to feel as though they weren’t treated well. Someone so adept at making friends is poorly served by making enemies. But their fearless and determined sung sign is well served by behavior that demonstrates genuine concern.

Oh this fits me to a T. I have demonstrated every good and bad thing defined above. The prime example was when I thought that I was so superior to all possible candidates for a particular promotion that I blew the possibility by my arrogance and flamboyant behavior. That is just soooo Leonine. I do have to say that most people that have worked with me as their boss would come and work for me again, and have followed me from one job to another. The reason for this is that I deal fairly, and teach them everything I know. I want them to be able to take my job from me, so I can move on to bigger and better things. Yep, this fits me pretty well.

“On the vocational front, stand-up comedy and other forms of showmanship might be very suitable, and the political arena, too, is a natural setting, especially when these Leos can be up close and personal with constituents. They have a wonderful knack for personal exchange.”

Comedy and politics, :rollingla In this day and age there is no difference. I can see the comedy, people tell me I’m funny when I want to be. Politics, NOT in this lifetime. I just don’t like the negative atmosphere in that arena. However, I do thrive in arenas where I need to have personal exchanges with people. I make acquaintances easily, and friends are a little more difficult for me. That is buried somewhere in my chart, and we will deal with that sometime in the future.

Well enough for one day. Love this book. I will be using it more often in my astrology interpretations. Of course, with this interpretation, what isn’t to like. :rollingla

banondraig
January 15th, 2008, 12:46 PM
I didn't know what an indepth rising sign was either, and I looked back through my post and realized where it came from. That should read, "An indepth look at my rising sign." I had always been skimming the surface of this item of my chart. Today is the day that I will look more carefully at this.

Modus Operandi: Rising Sign

From “The Secrets of your Rising Sign” by William Lamb with Webb Harris JR.

Leo with Libra Rising-This book takes the sun and rising sign together, which is rather the way I would look at this myself. However, I would not have chosen the words they did, cuz they make me blush at first.

I'm Libra with Leo rising! Does that make me heads and you tails, or the other way around? :lol:

Shatril
January 16th, 2008, 12:10 AM
I'm Libra with Leo rising! Does that make me heads and you tails, or the other way around? :lol:

I don't think so. Have you posted a chart/scope as yet? If not you should, and we can discuss that with you. LOL

banondraig
January 16th, 2008, 09:43 AM
I don't think so. Have you posted a chart/scope as yet? If not you should, and we can discuss that with you. LOL

should i put it in a new thread?

Shatril
January 16th, 2008, 04:34 PM
should i put it in a new thread?

Yes, in a new thread would be wonderful, under I want a reading in the sticky threads.

Shatril
January 29th, 2008, 10:55 AM
Because I like the book so much I am using “Astrology for the Soul” by Jan Spiller for this NN writing. This thing just makes me think and think. So now I will share some of the highlights of my NN and how the interpretations have affected my life.

I have been taught that the NN is my soul’s agenda, and I can see that this is probably true when I read this book. Much of what has been written in this book about my NN in Taurus in the eighth house applies quite well. Some of it I believe is sublimated by other astrological happenings in my chart. I will only be discussing those that just jump out, and smack me in the face as applying. I will also discuss those that surprised me a bit, but I see that they are, for me, a modus operandi.

Attributes to Develop:

Loyalty (oh yeah, I’ll support a friend come hell or high water)
Awareness of boundaries (I didn’t actively see this in my life, however, I resemble this)
Taking things one step at a time (as much as I want to say I have learned this lesson, I still struggle. I do know that this is something I need to work on. I tend to get overwhelmed when I look at a big picture, and have to have the conversation; “Hey just deal with picking up the first piece, and whittle away one step at a time.”)
A sense of self-worth (Still working on this)
Awareness of personal values (this one changes from time to time, but I do have my values)
Patience (Gosh I prayed for this once. Be careful what you pray for, you may get it. The way the universe teaches patience is to try them. By the time I understood this I had been through a bunch; however, I am much more patient now. Driving in Detroit during rush hour taught me a lot about patience.)
Honoring expressed needs of self and others (Well this requires listening to others, and this was a really difficult thing for me for much of my life. I was really too busy trying to formulate my words to respond to them, to be interested in hearing what they really had to say. This is still something that I have to actively invoke when conversing with someone.)
Enjoying the five physical senses (OOPS I’m in denial about this one.)
Gratitude (Hummm you mean that I didn’t deserve this, and should be grateful for getting it!)
Awareness of nurturing from Mother Earth (Yes this one is something that I came to way late in life, but I am grateful for having found it.)
Forgiveness (Yes, still dealing with this one. I still have a few ghosts that I really would love to release, but just can’t seem to get my mind around that yet.)
Persistence (Nope, if it doesn’t work the first time f--- it.)

Tendencies to Leave Behind

Attraction to crisis situations (I’m not sure what this might mean. I tend to avoid crisis situations because the paralyze me.)
Overconcern with other people’s business (Yep, this is one that I learned early in life would cause huge trouble. My mother was a good teacher in this arena. I did not carry this tendency into adulthood.)
Impatience (I want is NOW, see patience above.)
Inappropriate intensity (Well I’m pretty sure that no one would accuse me of being too intense. In fact, I’m quite the opposite. Not sure how I got rid of this one.)
Judgmental tendencies (This is one that I don’t think has ever really been an issue. Judge not lest ye be judged.)
Preoccupation with the psychological motivations of others (Yes this is one that has recently reared its ugly head. Not really ready to share this, because I don’t fully understand what this is about yet. In the past, I would not have had the tools to consider others psychological motives; therefore, it was never an issue. Now that I have the tools, I find myself questioning everyone’s motives. This is still in process, so will come back to this in a few years.)
Resistance to cooperating with what others want (I’m a Leo; therefore, I think the universe took care of this one. I will help you get whatever your heart desires. I may have been somewhat of a hindrance to my hubby at times, but that was a whole different thing in my mind. Well obviously I need to look at that again.)
Overreacting (Well when I was little, I was a drama queen. I was the first child of a couple that struggled to have children for 10 years, and there I came. It didn’t take me long after I got married and had children to see that this tactic wasn’t working. I’m far more laid back, in fact, my kids tell me that I under react. Go figure.
Destroying something in order to eliminate one part (I’m still working on figuring out what this means. I know I would take things apart to see what made them tick, but it wasn’t with the goal of eliminating anything, other than its possible operability, which was only incidental to my inability to reassemble it.)
Obsessive-compulsive tendencies (I see impulsive in me, but not obsessive-compulsive. If this has ever been a tendency, it has been long gone.)

Achilles’ Heel/Trap to Avoid/The Bottom Line

“The Achilles’’ heel to be aware of is seeking self-worth through others.” This is one that has plagued me even to this day. I have often relied on others to bolster my waxing self-worth, even when there were plenty of great things going on in my life. I have other tendencies in this area. I sometimes catch myself thinking that I would be much happier of someone else would do things my way. What really needs to happen is for me to become happy with myself, and the rest of that stuff just goes away. I’m getting there, but this one is a lifelong project for me. Jan Spiller says, “The bottom line is that at some point they must stop being enmeshed with others and involved in others’ business, and simply walk their own path instead. The irony is that when they begin to do this, others will support them, both financially and on an energy level.

Well there is much more, but I feel quite certain that these lists pretty much cover this subject for me in a nice concise manner.

Shatril
February 23rd, 2008, 11:05 AM
Mars in Libra

http://cafeastrology.com/articles/marsinsigns_pg2.html

I just have to comment here

These paragraphs are so me it almost hurt to read them.

Mars in the 12th House

~This child has Mars in the 12th House, which is not an easy placement for Mars. The energy can be stifled in this house. These children may often be afraid to assert themselves. They can feel defeated before they start, convinced that making any efforts to be seen, or heard, would be futile. The child could express this by being tired all the time. This attitude may have resulted from being with people who have not encouraged him or her very much. Somehow the self-confidence needs to be built and the courage instilled to disregard anyone that tries to inflict negativity.

These children tend to work in secret and to act behind people's backs. They should try to avoid this. Unfortunately, this child can possibly be blamed for things for which they are not responsible, so always check the facts. A total lack of self-confidence can make him/her so afraid of direct action that the natural course is to do everything indirectly. But deep down, this can be a very strong little person. He or she will just need to get over these hang-ups. Or the child will need to be fortunate enough that someone recognizes early to start building up that confidence. Many athletes and surgeons have this placement.

These children can work very well on their own, as they do not need supervision. They just do not need anyone to discourage them or to put them down. As they mature, these kids will come to believe in themselves naturally. The child with Mars in the twelfth House has a tendency to "think" about what they want to do, rather than just getting on and doing it. This can cause some frustration. These youngsters "know" but they are reluctant to push themselves, or their efforts, or their ideas. Again, this is a lack of confidence.

The sensitivities in this child can run deep through to the psychic nature of things. He/she is likely to have very vivid dreams. These youngsters will stand firm on principles, but may not openly express or explain where the ideas are coming from. He/she can find it easier to project an attitude or a mood to make a point rather than openly express the true feelings within.

I resemble this one for sure

*Asserting yourself and being direct and forceful about what you want is very often difficult for you. Though you may have a great deal of energy and drive, you lack confidence or simply the desire to put yourself and your interests first. Positively you can be very unselfish, working more on behalf of others rather than for yourself.

You deny your own desires and needs too much, however, and you are likely to secretly become very angry, which will sabotage your finest efforts.

+You have a high degree of motivation when it comes to giving and to personal sacrifice. You feel understanding and accepting and are easily moved by the problems of others. Psychology in all of its forms is a driving force in your life.

My Take on This

Yes sir re-bob. This is me for sure. It is one of those over all. Lack of confidence is the major up shoot here. Despite all the evidence to the contrary, I find it difficult to assert myself for fear I am, wrong, not up to the task, being stupid etc. I’m sure that RedRose has seen this in me during some of our private conversations about this website. I just never feel good enough. When I make a gaff of any kind I just beat myself to a pulp, and say, “see you should never have tried that you aren’t good enough for that.” So that is there.

Working behind the back, oh yeah. Can I somehow undermine someone that I don’t care for, I will dig underneath and weaken their positions.

I find myself paralyzed in many instances, and that is because lack the confidence to do anything about a situation. I remember once when I was a kid, my parents bought my younger sister and I a horse. We had to share this animal, and it was tough to get the schedules straight. We both wanted to join 4H, so rather than doing the situation that would allow both of us to have two years in 4H, my mom drew a straw and my sister won. This resulted in my sister being in 4H for three years, while I only got to be in it for one. I spent much of my life being bitter an angry about this. That is when I found out that life isn’t fair, and Mom liked my sister best. LOL. I know that many of you are saying “Oh moms don’t do this”, but you are wrong. I know from experience that some children are just easier to like. LOL

This explains many things.

Mars Aspects

Sun sextile or trine Mars

http://cafeastrology.com/natal/sunmarsaspects.html

My Comments

Most of this is true; however, I can tell you that with age this seems to wan some. My energy level is way low now, but I’m sure this is because of the progression through the Zodiac. I do enjoy competition, but hate boxing, football and sports that require pain of any sort that isn’t from muscle strain induced by exceeding expectations of physical capability on the part of the athlete. The second to the last sentence fits only when it comes to competition. Don’t push the envelop in other areas, or I will start digging holes to undermine your position.

Moon sextile or trine Mars

http://cafeastrology.com/natal/sunmoonaspects.html

My Comments

This one is not really me. There must be something somewhere that is blocking this energy. I think my Catholic upbringing somehow derailed some of this stuff. I do have trouble understanding crimes of passion, but impulsive behavior certainly is in my repertoire, thanks to my

Mars Conjunct Neptune[\b]

http://cafeastrology.com/natal/marsneptuneaspects.html

Yep that is me, I’m impulsive, and if I can blame someone else for my bad behavior I will. My poor husband gives me so much ammunition here. If I can’t do that, the devil made me do it. :rollingla Plan, what plan? I don’t need a plan, the universe just takes care of me. Even when I don’t see it happening. I’m the luckiest person you know. Really I am.

Repeated disappointments in romantic relationships, is that why I have been married three times? I have lots of friends, and we have fun. I love to flirt with the opposite sex, but forming a lasting relationship took someone special. Yeah the guy I blame for everything. Look at loved ones through rose-colored glasses; oh you need to talk to my daughter about my relationship with my son. She would agree with this 100%; of course, my son thinks the same thing of his sister, and my husband would agree with them both.

[Mars conjunct Ascendant

http://cafeastrology.com/natal/marsascendantaspects.html

Well I just don’t see myself here. I think if you read above you will see that the other aspects really overshadow this. I suppose that I can be pushy, but it would be rarely, and with consideration to fairness. In fact, I would find it hard to be aggressive, assertive I had to learn, but aggressive offends me mostly. However, don’t ever hurt me or mine physically, as aggressive is what I will be, and you will have to knock me unconscious or kill me to stop me.

RedRose
February 24th, 2008, 10:15 AM
Powerful self understanding. Thank you so much.

I have a friend with Mars in the 12th conjunct her Rising and she seems to others to be very confident and strong, but inside she actually deals with self-worth issues a lot. Our Ascendants are strange because they are about how others perceive us. They also show us how we should present ourselves to the world this life to pull off our purposes. I have wasted time this life fighting my ASC. I didn't like having a Taurus Rising because I am an Aquarius Sun, Leo Moon with Scorpio Saturn on the Descendant. Taurus Rising seemed dull and too material. Fixed squares and oppositions are famous for these sorts of stubborn inner and outer battles, of course.

Mars in Libra conjunct your Rising isn't who you are, but how you should package yourself to pull off who you are. It is the frame, not the picture - so to speak.

Libra Risings are here to create beauty and harmony and manage people well. Having Mars conjunct your Rising means that others see you as strong and a pioneer and a natural boss - adroit! Naturally classy.

Try playing with Mars conjunct Libra in the best sense. Create beauty with gusto; be daring in putting forward your plans to harmonize and balance people and systems. Aesthetic revolutions!

I think your creating our new Guide to Astrology section here at MW is a great example of what I am talking about. Please feel free to revolutionize this place some more! Just keep me posted so I, Her-Grand-Fixitiness, don't inadvertently get in your way!

Usually "fake it to make it" is not my favorite MO - but with Mars conjunct ASC I suspect you need to leap first and compulse about it later. You aren't really faking at all. You really are a fantastic and ADROIT manager and artist. Worse case, folks think you are bossy. You have a Leo Sun as well as Mars conjunct Ascendant. So calculate that in, Libra Rising, and adjust.

Whatcha feel/think?

RedRose

RedRose

banondraig
February 24th, 2008, 12:29 PM
I guess I should be as bossy as possible then, w/my Saturn rising in the 12th, in Leo. Hmmm . . . of course being a Libra Sun/Aquarius Moon that's not really very bossy. :lol:

Shatril
February 24th, 2008, 11:03 PM
Powerful self understanding. Thank you so much.

I have a friend with Mars in the 12th conjunct her Rising and she seems to others to be very confident and strong, but inside she actually deals with self-worth issues a lot. Our Ascendants are strange because they are about how others perceive us. They also show us how we should present ourselves to the world this life to pull off our purposes. I have wasted time this life fighting my ASC. I didn't like having a Taurus Rising because I am an Aquarius Sun, Leo Moon with Scorpio Saturn on the Descendant. Taurus Rising seemed dull and too material. Fixed squares and oppositions are famous for these sorts of stubborn inner and outer battles, of course.

Mars in Libra conjunct your Rising isn't who you are, but how you should package yourself to pull off who you are. It is the frame, not the picture - so to speak.

Libra Risings are here to create beauty and harmony and manage people well. Having Mars conjunct your Rising means that others see you as strong and a pioneer and a natural boss - adroit! Naturally classy.

Try playing with Mars conjunct Libra in the best sense. Create beauty with gusto; be daring in putting forward your plans to harmonize and balance people and systems. Aesthetic revolutions!

I think your creating our new Guide to Astrology section here at MW is a great example of what I am talking about. Please feel free to revolutionize this place some more! Just keep me posted so I, Her-Grand-Fixitiness, don't inadvertently get in your way!

Usually "fake it to make it" is not my favorite MO - but with Mars conjunct ASC I suspect you need to leap first and compulse about it later. You aren't really faking at all. You really are a fantastic and ADROIT manager and artist. Worse case, folks think you are bossy. You have a Leo Sun as well as Mars conjunct Ascendant. So calculate that in, Libra Rising, and adjust.

Whatcha feel/think?

RedRose

RedRose

Well you always make me feel good about myself. I've been having lots of issues with that these past months, but things seem to be looking up for me. I have gotten lots of work lately, so the bills are going to get paid. Hopefully, we can get something before ugly stuff happens. Most clients don't pay for 30 days. Ugh.

Yes, I see what you say about the Mars. When I am a manager, I usually have people that enjoy working with me. I have several people in my life as friends that are people that once were managed by me. So that probably says something. I have mentored several people in my field of expertise, and I feel good about that. So yes, you interpretations make sense.

I think I'm doing this stuff here, just to get it straight in my mind. Also to get this stuff said.