PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about your past lives?

tamburlaine
January 21st, 2008, 08:31 PM
I've become very interested in particular with topics concerning reincarnation, past and future lives, and "The Illumined Man."

I'd like to hear from other people what they think/feel they were in past incarnations and how they came to discover them. (I'll show you mine if you show me yours!) How do you feel about what you may have been in a past life, and how do you feel knowing that you may have many more reincarnations to come? Related to this, do you feel disappointed/scared/unhappy that you may never become truly enlightened and never find Brahman in this lifetime?

Solya
January 22nd, 2008, 06:41 AM
I do not really follow the paths of this subforum, but it is an interesting topic and one I have given many thought to over the past few years. :) There aren't that many Earthly incarnations left for me... in fact, I have my own private reasons to believe this is my last one here... but I will live on in other places and still have lifetimes before me. It fills me with great joy to think that I will slowly uncover my own enlightenment in the ages to come.

I remember a few of my past incarnations, but I never really recalled the full story or who I was exactly. The one I recall in most detail was in Paris at the time of the French Revolution, but died shortly before Marat did... I was a child in those days, but had fallen ill and could not recover from that... my brother from that life moved to Venice, where he and I had already lived once before. I remember some fragments from other lives, but some of them are too private to share.

tamburlaine
January 26th, 2008, 09:06 PM
Aww, well. This thread is disappointingly stagnant. I'm going to share with you some of the lives I think I lived. I won't share how I came across them and why I'm so convinced, cause honestly I don't think I know anymore; these past lives are just with me now, and I can't remember how they happened to be integrated into my current consciousness. I've carried them with me for a while, some longer than others.

And if people thinking about sharing their past lives with me are apprehensive, you don't have to reveal anything you don't want. You don't even have to reveal the specifics of your past lives, I'm just curious to know if other people here have thought about this and made it a significant part in your spiritual lives.

Anyway, on with the show:

- The philosopher in Baghdad, 9th Century. This is the past life I've known of for the longest, since I was very young.

- The carnivorous dinosaur, Cretaceous Period. I know I once was a meat-eating dinosaur, a raptor, to be specific. Maybe Deinonychus antirrhopus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deinonychus). Female.

- I believe I was a priest, shaman, or medicine man in Central or South America during the 13th or 14th Century, before the Europeans came. I like to call this past life "The Ayahuasca (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayahuasca) Eater."

Those are the three I'm most confident of. I have others, but I don't feel like reporting them just now.

Shanti
January 27th, 2008, 05:04 AM
I will just mention 3 for me I am positive of with no doubt:
A species of snake.
A species of canine.

And a nobody Japanese woman. That one drives me nuts because in dreams of it I can speak and understand Japanese perfectly. Heck I know no other language!! But in this life I am struggling to learn just a little Japanese!
It sucks being fluent in dreams and totally unable in waking!

leo482
April 11th, 2008, 06:47 AM
i always get a deja vu -ish feeling when i see a picture of a beach, like u know those with white sand, palm trees and clear blue water. i also get it when i see plain barren brown landscapes like the ulurru rock place in australia, or cross roads in the middle of a grassy field.