PDA

View Full Version : History and Sci Fi channels to debut dueling 'UFO Hunters' on Feb 6

Trithemius
January 26th, 2008, 03:06 PM
The History Channel and Sci Fi Channel are apparently taking the reality show concept wars to a new level.

In what appears to be an unprecedented scenario, both networks are currently planning to premiere different reality programs with the same name and the same subject matter on the same night in the same time period.

The History Channel's UFO Hunters will follow a team from UFO Magazine as they investigate UFO cases in North America and Europe while Sci Fi Channel's UFO Hunters will follow a team from the New York Strange Phenomena Investigators organization investigating their own set of UFO cases. Both shows are currently scheduled to premiere Wednesday, February 6 at 10PM ET/PT.

Link to article (http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/history-and-sci-fi-channels-debut-dueling-ufo-hunters-on-feb-6-6453.php)

Lunacie
January 26th, 2008, 04:32 PM
I don't get the History channel, but I'll be watching Ghost Hunters on SciFi so I'll probably watch the UFO Hunters afterward and see what it's like.

aranarose
January 26th, 2008, 04:36 PM
It will be interesting, because I have a feeling that the audiences for both channels have some overlap. I love Sci Fi, and love History as well. Don't currently have cable, but am getting it next month. I look forward to both, though I find the Sci Fi channels self produced shows to be of lesser quality than those on the History Channel at times.

Liberty
January 26th, 2008, 11:33 PM
I'm not really into UFO's but I'll probably end up watching anyways because I watch the Scifi channel and the History channel.