PDA

View Full Version : Timing Transits

Shatril
January 27th, 2008, 10:20 PM
I was reading Robert Hands book Planets in Transit (http://www.amazon.com/Planets-Transit-Life-Cycles-Living/dp/0924608269/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1201485963&sr=1-1)

In the beginning of section 2 he talks about timing, which is when a transit will reach its peak. He has some rules that were of great interest to me, as it seems to really get to the heart of predictive astrology. The rules are:

1) An outer-planet transit is usually accurately timed by an inner-planet transit that approximately coincides with it and reinforces the nature of the outer-planet transit.

2) Strictly speaking there is no such thing as an "orb" of influence concerning a transit. (I can't tell you how this information affected me. I was all about orbs.)

3) When a number of tranists describe an event, the time of the event will be closest to the time when the average orb of all the transiting planets appraches zero.

He then goes into an elaborate mathmatical equation for calculating the in which he adds them algebraically, and comes up with a precise time for an event to start.

I was wondering if this fits with others thinking on transits, and possible timing.

There were several things that struck me about these rules. First that you need to consider other inner-planets transits when looking at events that might be triggered by outer-planet transits, yep I saw that one coming. Second, that the direct hit on a transit aspect, may not be the trigger for and event. These concepts now seem so obvious, that I can't seem to comprehend why I failed to see this before.

At any rate, I would like to hear how others view transits and prediction of possible events. What current transits, in combination do you think are affecting you currently?

:hugz: Shatril

punxzen
January 28th, 2008, 12:40 AM
coolness, that makes sense, its like you said, i cant believe i didnt see it like that before.

At any rate, I would like to hear how others view transits and prediction of possible events. What current transits, in combination do you think are affecting you currently?

ive got chiron sitting right on top of my natal mercury while mercury is going stationary with an exact square to my natal chiron, and then in about a week the sun will conjunct chiron on top of my mercury. this coincides with a return of the asteroid psyche to her natal position exactly opposite from my natal chiron (its the closest aspect in my chart, within 9 minutes of being exact). i honestly don't know what to make of it, so im all ears if you wanna take a crack at interping it shatril. my problem with these transits is that i really have no firm concept of chiron's role, and psyche even less...

Lorrie
January 28th, 2008, 01:26 AM
:awilly: A who what where????????

Lorrie
January 28th, 2008, 01:26 AM
Back to the definitions for me!!!!!:T

Shatril
January 28th, 2008, 09:04 AM
coolness, that makes sense, its like you said, i cant believe i didnt see it like that before.

ive got chiron sitting right on top of my natal mercury while mercury is going stationary with an exact square to my natal chiron, and then in about a week the sun will conjunct chiron on top of my mercury. this coincides with a return of the asteroid psyche to her natal position exactly opposite from my natal chiron (its the closest aspect in my chart, within 9 minutes of being exact). i honestly don't know what to make of it, so im all ears if you wanna take a crack at interping it shatril. my problem with these transits is that i really have no firm concept of chiron's role, and psyche even less...

Me either, but that one sounds like it is going to be interesting. Do you know what day the closest conjunctions will be? It will be interesting to see what happens. It looks like you will have plenty of easy support for anything that psyche may throw your way. You have Mercury, and Sun Conjunct your natal chiron, so that show a good support system to me. We will need to take a look at this it will give us an idea how this works. I will also keep reading the book. LOL

Shatril
January 28th, 2008, 09:09 AM
Back to the definitions for me!!!!!:T

Oh shoot Lorrie, all you need to do is sit and watch for a while I think. This is about the transits, and how to time when an events may take place or start. Now you don't necessarily know what specific form the event will take, but you do have the specific nature based on the house, signs, and planets involved.

To look at this, get a chart that is a composit of today, and your natal chart. I generally use 12 Noon as time, and your current location for the daily chart, cuz that is during my waking hours. I don't use 12 midnight cuz I'm not awake then, so nothing will happen, except a natural disaster and I don't want to know about that.

RedRose
January 28th, 2008, 09:53 AM
Hi Lorrie,

"Transits" are when planets in the sky come into a conjunction, square, trine etc. with a planet in your Birth Scope. Recently we have been discussing Pluto (in the sky) going into Capricorn. I have my NorthNode/Venus/Ceres conjunction (in my scope) right at the beginning of Capricorn, thus Pluto (in the sky) (AKA Transit Pluto, or T Pluto) is conjunct my North Node/Venus/Ceres. Pluto is transitting my NN.

RedRose

Thanks Shatril,

Fantastic discussion topic. I notice that outer events tend to happen at the beginning of transits, right when the two forces meet; or sometimes right when the planets have exact aspects. Once the transit is waning, you can usually be sure that you have seen the worse/best of it. I also agree that stuff happens when a group of transits happen together.

That said, I can still never predict whether the event will be outer plane, or inner, or "good" or "bad". Every heavy thing that has ever happened to me has been at the beginning of some major transit, also every fantastic wonderful thing. The big trick while studying transits is to be beyond fear. Astrologers can get paranoid. Astrology makes a bad religion, which is why I post on a Pagan astrology forum. If someone is merged with the Goddess and trusts life, then ups and downs are simply blessons (blessings and lessons combined).

RedRose

Punxzen,

Chiron transits tend to feel "unfair" but again whether they feel unfair in one direction or the other, whether you feel unfairly cursed or blessed is hard to predict. But stay tuned about the sense of "unfairness" - know that it is a Chironic thing that is happening. With Chiron transits, we are being called to be Healers, Warriors, Teachers and/or Astrologers and we must take on these higher roles to pull off the training - so our mundane selves often feel burdened and as if sacrifices are being demanded of us. Knowing this can boost our confidence and help us take on the bigger role.

Or the bigger role may be taking you on and you are ready.

RedRose

punxzen
January 29th, 2008, 12:50 AM
redrose, what do you mean by 'bigger role'? i have definitely been in the heat of a crapload of what i consider unfairness, though the unfairness only affects me marginally and is negligable as far as im concerned. its a good friend of mine at work who is taking the unfairness square in the face and experiencing what seems like an absolutely tragic time in her life. i happen to be loaded up in it while i am at work and i suppose it is affecting me since i came home today with a killer tension headache and a bundle of sadness over the situation there.

shatril, from my estimation the transit complex is just beginning and will reach a few culminations during this mercury retrograde cycle. im thinking it started last week when the moon opposed chiron and my natal mercury and i whipped out my pen and started writing again after a long hiatus. its hit another moment here now with mercury goin stationary at 23* aquarius squaring my 23* taurus chiron, and this lasts til feb 1st. next is the sun conjunction with chiron feb 5 which happens to occur on my natal mercury.

if you want, i can post my chart and you can take a shot at calculating the average orbs and stuff and name some key moments you think i should pay attention to and ill let you know what happens.

all this happenin to my natal mercury is in my 11th house, natal chiron is in the 2nd.

edited to note that apparently mercury is going stationary directly on top of my natal juno as well (which means my natal juno t-squares my natal chiron and psyche.. )

RedRose
January 29th, 2008, 09:41 AM
Hi Punxzen,

One way of taking a "higher" role in a situation like you describe is to offer to look at your friend's scope and transits. That casts you in the role of "astrologer" not simply co-worker.

With Chiron in the 2nd House, in Scorpio (right?) you are gifted at helping other people understand their value and prosper thereby. You can do this very discreetly and privately (Scorpio).

Doing ritual on her behalf is another way to quietly help, by taking the Healer/Teacher role.

RedRose

Shatril
January 29th, 2008, 12:17 PM
Hi Punxzen,

One way of taking a "higher" role in a situation like you describe is to offer to look at your friend's scope and transits. That casts you in the role of "astrologer" not simply co-worker.

With Chiron in the 2nd House, in Scorpio (right?) you are gifted at helping other people understand their value and prosper thereby. You can do this very discreetly and privately (Scorpio).

Doing ritual on her behalf is another way to quietly help, by taking the Healer/Teacher role.

RedRose

You know I was just reading that Chironic healing does not necessarily mean a physical healing either. It may take on the type of things that Punxzen is describing here. I found it fascinating that mending the rift within a family would fit the healer, but that makes perfect sense to me.

Just my 2 cents worth.

punxzen
January 29th, 2008, 09:02 PM
Hi Punxzen,

RedRose

im no libra rising! many of my friends are though... and wow i just realized that just about all my friends are cardinal rising signs... but no, im no libra, im an aries rising, so thats a taurus 2nd house chiron.

the mercury retrograde today coincided with my friend gettin fired for getting drunk at work... i kinda saw that one coming.

shatril, its interesting that you mention the mending a rift within the family thing because that is a role ive taken on since chiron first hit my mercury back in the spring of 2007.

RedRose
January 29th, 2008, 11:34 PM
"I found it fascinating that mending the rift within a family would fit the healer, but that makes perfect sense to me." Shatril

Absolutely! Chiron's place in our charts marks where we are all "wounded healers". We spend our whole lives trying to heal our Chiron wound and low and behold we get expert at healing that wound - especially in others. For ourselves, things slowly improve after our Chiron Returns, age 50ish.

People with Chiron in the 6th House are healers in the medical sense, though often alternative healers. They have powerful healing hands. Chiron in second house folk, like you and Punxyen are "earth healers", "values chiropractors", "manifestors", and "intimacy healers". I have Chiron in my 10th House which makes me good at empowering folk. People with Chiron in the 1st House are often physically challenged, but they are tremendous healers; physical, emotional, mental and spiritual. People with Chiron in the 12th make good shrinks and therapists and spiritual healers.

3rd House Chiron: Communcation healers, technology and machine healers.
4th House: Home healers.
5th House: Art healers.
7th House: Relationship healers.
8th House: Sex, Death, Shamananic healers, good shrinks too.
9th House: Wisdom keepers. Teachers.
11th House: Social justice activists

RedRose

PS Punxyen, Chiron in the 2nd in Taurus...got it. Wow. You must have a green thumb. Ever tried gardening? Ever found yourself able to heal plants? Do birds land on your finger?

punxzen
January 30th, 2008, 11:55 PM
PS Punxyen, Chiron in the 2nd in Taurus...got it. Wow. You must have a green thumb. Ever tried gardening? Ever found yourself able to heal plants? Do birds land on your finger?

im a farmer when im not a family healer. when i came home to mend rifts in the family, i came from an organic farm on kauai. the most intense spiritual moments in my life, those moments that have given me the strength to endure anything to accomplish what i feel in my heart is right, always came when i would spend several hours planting keikis (keiki is hawaiin for kid, its what we called the baby transplants). imagine squatting barefoot in the red dirt of kauai and laying a kale keiki in its bed and tucking it in with rich organic soil; then you move about a foot and a half to your right and do it again, and again and again until you forget who you are and remember what you are. :foh: i just realized how much i miss doin that on a daily basis.

.. as far as birds go, i had quite a few songbirds living with me at my camp, and a very young rooster named 'dude' who was with me since he hatched. and im happy to say that the dreaded centipedes always treated me respectfully, the two times they did bite me it was only gently and both times i felt more empowered by it than wounded.

:smile:i suddenly feel very chironic :smile:

p.s. redrose, wondering if punxyen is the merc retrograde version of my name.

RainInanna
January 31st, 2008, 12:05 AM
What do you mean by home healer?

(my Chiron is in Taurus in the 4th)

punxzen
January 31st, 2008, 12:06 AM
the mercury retrograde today coincided with my friend gettin fired for getting drunk at work... i kinda saw that one coming.

and today, the day after my friend gets fired, i go from being a temp to full-time permanent employee which means health benefits! how chironic :T

chiron = healing, transiting through my 11th house = benefits from career, conjuncting my mercury = it was my co-workers and bosses talking about me and to me that convinced them to take me on full-time :)

RainInanna
January 31st, 2008, 12:28 AM
Ok I'm reading and trying to catch up (just to let you know I am following you although far behind). This is where it really gets complex isn't it :)

punxzen
February 2nd, 2008, 02:33 AM
welcome to the complexities rain :)

yesterday at work we got a new guy with the same name as me so my bosses and co-workers all decided they needed to re-name me and ive ended up with about 5 or 6 new names including 'rusty' 'LJ' 'toys r us' 'jethro' 'JD' and 'CEO'.. and 5 times today i was mistaken for someone else giving me even more names thrown my way, and then combine that with a certain aquarian astrologer here thinking im a libra rising by the name of punxyen and something silly seems to be happening to my identity...

nothing is happening to my ascendant, but mars (rules my aries rising) just went direct and is loosely trine mercs stationary point... venus and jupiter are conjunct with my midheaven.... i spose jupiter could be growing my public image..

any thoughts folks? i posted my chart for the day in case anyone feels like investigating

Shatril
February 2nd, 2008, 09:29 AM
What do you mean by home healer?

(my Chiron is in Taurus in the 4th)

OK Rain, by home healer we are talking about the mediator between two warring factions of a family. The neutral party that tries to talk sense into the heads of those who are at war. This usually will have the advantage of mending the fences between the two parties and bring peace to the family again. The probability that the mending would happen without the mediator are not high, so it is with great Chironic power that one must go into a situation and heal it. You may want to think of the adoption of your nephew and this would be a good example of a family healing process also. So astrologically it appears that you are meant to complete this process, if there aren't things that are opposing this in your chart.

RedRose
February 2nd, 2008, 12:39 PM
Hi Punkzen! I mean Punxzen,

I assure you that my contributions to your strange and funny identity crisis are caused by senility and bad typing! (also having Transit Sun, Chiron, Neptune, MercuryRx, Vesta and NN on top of my Sun and Mercury may be causing some confusion - ya think?)

I understand that mistaking an Aries Rising person for a Libra Rising person is a call to battle, but actually I don't remember anyone's scope too swell except my own. You mentioned that you were in your Chiron square (Chiron in the sky in Aquarius is squaring Punxzen's natal Chiron) and I simply swung the square the wrong direction. Didn't give your Rising a thought. You are no Libra Rising. What WAS I thinking?

Maybe we should add a post to the Mercury Retrograde Myths thread that says something like: MercuryRX is no big deal. If your really want to experience a MercuryRX, try adding in MarsRx (and now dizzily turning) in Gemini! That is when things really get confusing and complicated.

RedRose

PS. You and RainInnana have Chiron in Taurus. Chiron was discovered in 1977 and at that time it was a 4* Taurus I believe. Chiron has not had it's own Chiron Return yet. Your Chiron Returns will be in tantum with Chiron's own return.

RedRose
February 2nd, 2008, 12:57 PM
Dear RainInnana and all,

Since our Chiron wounds happen to us as children, looking at our kid's Chirons is good for parenting. This Planet Waves article is all about that, and Chiron in the 4th House is used as an example.

http://planetwavesparenting.net/2005/articles/13.htm

Also, RainInnana, as Shatril says, Chiron in the 4th folks have the ability to heal family feuds, and also history (of course they get wounded by family history which is why they wish/need the family to heal in the first place).

RedRose

RedRose
February 3rd, 2008, 11:29 AM
Shatril,

Thanks for reposting your scope. I never remember scopes, as I have already mentioned. How amazing and powerful to have the conjunctions you have! Neptune/Mars/ASC, and PofF/Sun/Pluto, and Venus/Uranus! You are supercharged!

RedRose

RainInanna
February 3rd, 2008, 12:03 PM
ok thanks for the explanation, I appreciate your patience.

Lorrie
February 3rd, 2008, 02:48 PM
:awilly: wow. OK, I am not fascinated with this and have to go figure it out. ops, wait a minute, I am supposed to be cleaning today, had half of my weekend taken up babysitting an extra day. Ooooooo, don't wanna clean, wanna learn!!!!!! :awilly:

Ok, go clean, do what is necessary, THEN go play on the charts and have fun. Sounds like a plan to me, even if I will be very mad at myself tomorrow when only half of my housework gets done once again!!! ( I have had to babysit on Saturdays for the past three weekends now, I have not been able to get much done, and of course as happens if we do not get time for rest and taking care of ourselves, I ended up sick on top of it all. ) my to-do list is 3/4 of a page long today, but I have made some progress already, mainly I got a path shoveled out to my LP gas tank so when they come to fix it they hopefully won't trample my beloved new plant gardens hidden under the snow. The last place I got the LP gas from the same guy came every time and he was great about knowing just where to walk, this place doesn't know, and may not care. My gardens are my biggest love and weakness. OK, now stop putting it off, get out there and get that housework done so I have time later, get off the stupid computer, maybe I should lock the door to this room.:T

Lorrie
February 3rd, 2008, 08:40 PM
In my search for understanding I found this:

http://astrologyforthesoul.com/billstreett/psyspir_print.html

The Disneyland part was lost to this old ADD soul, but the rest was interesting!!!!:T:T

Lorrie
February 6th, 2008, 07:37 PM
Duh. the symbols around the OUTSIDE of the chart, right???? :T OK, I found them, now I printed them out for each Sunday this month to compare a little for starters. It is actually making sense now. I'll figure this stuff out yet.

Lorrie
February 15th, 2008, 12:19 AM
Wow. I have been reading the links for Chiron. I have always for years felt a tie to Chiron, but never knew really what all it stood for. I have always played mediator between friends, family, everywhere I end up being a mediator. Not something I like to do, it just seems to end up being this way.:lol::lol::lol: Now my curiosity is up once again.:fpraise:

Shatril
February 15th, 2008, 07:36 AM
consider the chiron energy to be part of what makes us tick at the most personal levels.