PDA

View Full Version : Clinton claims win in Florida primary

Philosophia
January 30th, 2008, 07:56 AM
Clinton claims win in Florida primary

DAVIE, Fla. - Democrat Hillary Rodham Clinton claimed victory in a campaign-free Florida presidential primary while rival Barack Obama sketched a personal story that he argues can bring the nation together.

Both candidates moved quickly to shore up backing in states with looming contests as the potential for a protracted competition for the party's nomination grew ever more likely, making for a bitter battle over delegates to the summer's national convention.

From here (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080130/ap_on_el_pr/democrats).

:(

pawnman
January 30th, 2008, 02:38 PM
So what? Talk about an empty victory...the Dems stripped Florida of their delegates for moveing the primary date.

Phoenix Blue
January 30th, 2008, 03:25 PM
Unless Clinton can convince the Democratic National Convention to change its mind ... fortunately, as long as Obama's still in the running, that's unlikely. The possibility does make me nervous, though -- and it shows that she really would do anything to win.

Wicce
January 30th, 2008, 03:58 PM
Hillary's backpedaling on the stripped-delegate states, FL and MI, was the last straw for me. I never liked her before, but I was willing to give her the benefit of the doubt. I know that SOME of the criticism against her was rooted in fear of a powerful woman. but a lot of it simply isn't and she finally proved it to me.

I didn't like the decision of the Democrat National Committee to strip MI and FL of our right to have a say in the political process. but she PROMISED to follow suit. and so she abandoned my state, Michigan, and didn't even give us the time of day. Now FL rolls around and her campaign is failing and all of a sudden she claims she has a deep compassion for the voters of FL and that she is going to go there because every voter deserves a dialogue with the candidates. But where was she in MI? Where was her deep compassion for us? Where was her concern for the political process here? Nonexistent, because she didn't NEED to care. her name was the only one on the ballot in MI. It's a load of crock. She wins here being the only name on the ballot THEN tries to get our delegates?

It's like how Hillary supporters ENGINEERED the special Nevada caucus locations for the Culinary Workers Union, VOTED for them, and then once the union supported Obama, all of a sudden they sue because it's "unfair"!

Hillary would disenfranchise anyone if it'll win her a victory. Conversely, if sickly pandering is going to win the day, that's fine too.

sunny.spoone
January 30th, 2008, 03:59 PM
Were there any other names on the ballot? I know hers was the only name on the Michigan ballot and she still won and made a big deal about it.

Wicce
January 30th, 2008, 04:02 PM
Were there any other names on the ballot? I know hers was the only name on the Michigan ballot and she still won and made a big deal about it.

Obama and Edwards were both on the FL ballot, but many people sent in early ballots, back all the way to december, and they did not campaign there either.

sunny.spoone
January 30th, 2008, 04:09 PM
Yeah. It's the campaigning that bothers me. She didn't take her name off the Michigan ballot when she said she would, and as you said before, the whole compassionately compaigning now in Florida because she cares is bs. She's a snake and, while usually in this space right here I say 'witch', I will now say 'rabbit'. :cutie: