PDA

View Full Version : Clinton camp accuses Obama of plagiarism

Philosophia
February 18th, 2008, 08:00 PM
Clinton camp accuses Obama of plagiarism

DE PERE, Wis. - Top advisers to Hillary Rodham Clinton accused Democratic rival Barack Obama of plagiarism Monday, the latest effort by her campaign to undermine the Illinois senator's credibility.

Clinton communications director Howard Wolfson, during a conference call with reporters, pointed to a speech Obama delivered at a Democratic Party dinner in Wisconsin Saturday that lifted lines from an address given last year by his friend, Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick.

From here (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080218/ap_on_el_pr/democrats).

:goodgrief

Sequoia
February 18th, 2008, 09:49 PM
I don't see how it's that much of a big deal. If you listen to ANY politicians' speeches, they repeat a great deal of each other's rhetoric and phrases. Clinton is just grasping at straws.

Philosophia
February 18th, 2008, 09:57 PM
I don't see how it's that much of a big deal. If you listen to ANY politicians' speeches, they repeat a great deal of each other's rhetoric and phrases. Clinton is just grasping at straws.

Exactly. I think this shows how desperate her campaigners are becoming in discrediting Obama.

sari0009
February 18th, 2008, 10:01 PM

I agree. Clinton seems desperate.

Silverfire Darkmoon
February 19th, 2008, 12:08 AM
Clinton's campaigners, and not Clinton herself, said this.
And it does seem kind of a dumb accusation, at that.

Wicce
February 19th, 2008, 06:50 PM
the reason Obama's 2008 campaign resembles Deval's 2006 campaign so much is...wait for it...Deval's campaign strategy was based on Obama's 2004 campaign. So Obama cribbed from his friend who was originally cribbing from him anyway.

Phoenix Blue
February 19th, 2008, 07:08 PM
Clinton's campaigners, and not Clinton herself, said this.
And it does seem kind of a dumb accusation, at that.
Doesn't really matter. She's the captain of her ship; she's responsible for her campaigners' behavior.