PDA

View Full Version : Jumper...

SilverClaw
February 26th, 2008, 07:32 AM
Has anyone else seen it ? It is the first movie in about a year that I have seen in the theater. And my only problem was I should have sit in the back instead of the middle for my SO.....

Special effects wise I thought it was pretty good, story line was interesting. Seeing two faces from Star Wars in a different type of movie was neat to....

TygerTyger
February 27th, 2008, 06:17 AM
Went to see this movie last night and was disappointed that it wasn’t a tense social drama centred on knitwear!

The idea of people teleporting themselves around the world at will was fun and realised very effectively on the screen, but I thought that more could have been done with regards to exploring both the fun and the danger inherent in such an ability.

Samuel L. Jackson was wasted as the principal bad guy, his motives were never examined, nor how he could impersonate so many different federal agents without any federal agencies noticing that a black man with white hair was wandering around impersonating them!

The scenery was excellent, New York, Rome, London (except the awful English accents), Peking and Egypt, and some of the set pieces were impressive, never seen a double-decker bus used to attack someone quite like that before.

Hayden Christensen acquitted himself in a good looking twenty-something sort of way, although I felt Rachel Bilson could have been better employed if the script hadn’t restricted her to just the romantic lead. Jamie Bell stole the honours for me, his manic presence was a joy, and believable if you consider the kind of life he was compelled to live but the way he was side-lined out of the movie was just silly. Thankfully he’s still alive and would, hopefully, make a welcome return in the sequel that is obviously planned by the open end to the film.

All in all, an entertaining movie that could have been better but is still worth watching. 7/10.

Peter_Parker
February 27th, 2008, 04:05 PM
I did last weekend.. And it sure is worth watching once...

Would be fun if i could jump such long distances...