PDA

View Full Version : Question about homemade laundry soap

Bronach Druid
March 10th, 2008, 11:36 PM
Does anyone know if the homemade versions are ok to use in front load washers? I did a google search and find conflicting views. Just wondered if anyone here had tried it and had a definate answer.

RoseKitten
March 11th, 2008, 12:29 AM
The only problem I've had is that sometimes clumps of soap get "stuck" in the front catch thing on the washer where I pour in the soap. I just push it through and go on with the laundry. Clothes still come out clean and wonderful!

Cindlady2
March 11th, 2008, 09:15 AM
Like the recommendations for all front loaders.... put in a little less.

banondraig
March 11th, 2008, 08:42 PM
So using homemade laundry soap doesn't void the warranty of a new-ish front load washer?

Shanti
March 11th, 2008, 09:02 PM
So using homemade laundry soap doesn't void the warranty of a new-ish front load washer?Not unless the warranty specifies that.

Laundry soap is laundry soap, be it generic, powder, liquid, or homemade.

The only difference I know of with homemade is the lack of suds since their are no chemical sudsing agents added.

I dont have a front end loader, Have used some though, and I cant figure out how a soap would matter from top to front loading...other than that you can oversuds a front loader because of its different agitation...but that's not possible with homemade soap since there are no sudsing agents in it.

banondraig
March 11th, 2008, 09:23 PM
Not unless the warranty specifies that.

Laundry soap is laundry soap, be it generic, powder, liquid, or homemade.

The only difference I know of with homemade is the lack of suds since their are no chemical sudsing agents added.

I dont have a front end loader, Have used some though, and I cant figure out how a soap would matter from top to front loading...other than that you can oversuds a front loader because of its different agitation...but that's not possible with homemade soap since there are no sudsing agents in it.

Thanks.

I'll have to read the warranty, I guess.

Lyrien
March 11th, 2008, 10:34 PM
I've been using it in my front loader for the past umm...three months? Geez..I can't remember now.

Anyhow, the only thing I've noticed is that the mildew gunk that used to form on the gasket doesn't form anymore. Dunno know why, but it doesn't.

I had an issue at first about not getting the soap to push through, but that was because I had it on the powder setting and would create a dam with oxyclean and poured the soap behind the oxyclean. I quit doing that.