PDA

View Full Version : New Arthurian Movie: The Last Legion

WarriorZhanna
March 13th, 2008, 08:28 AM
Has anyone heard/seen this? My best friend watched it and she really liked it. It came out in 2007.
I haven't seen it yet but I really want to, it looks quite promising. I like the idea of a bigger history behind the famous sword in the stone.
I haven't found an Arthurian movie to like so far, I've seen King Arthur, First Knight, and Mists of Avalon but didn't like them that much. I only liked King Arthur a bit (because of Lancelot!<3).

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0462396/

Tagline: Before King Arthur, there was Excalibur.

Plot Outline: As the Roman empire crumbles, young Romulus Augustus flees the city and embarks on a perilous voyage to Britain to track down a legion of supporters.

So we've got Merlin & Arthur in this movie. And the famous Bollywood actress Aishwarya Rai.

TRAILER:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogpOgmP6MgI

Myzterio
March 13th, 2008, 08:31 AM
*chuckle* It was pretty good, but I'm a sucker for Arthurian saga anyway. :smile: I thought First Knight was awesome (mainly because of Sean Connery, he's great).

I rather liked it, and the Bollywood-actress was a nice addition. Don't expect historical accuracy where that's concerned, though. :lol:

WarriorZhanna
March 13th, 2008, 08:34 AM
*chuckle* It was pretty good, but I'm a sucker for Arthurian saga anyway. :smile: I thought First Knight was awesome (mainly because of Sean Connery, he's great).

I didn't like Guinevere or Lancelot in that movie but I agree on Sean Connery. I love him, he's one of my favourite actors.

I rather liked it, and the Bollywood-actress was a nice addition. Don't expect historical accuracy where that's concerned, though. :lol:

Lol, I don't. In fact, I like fantasy-like films. But of course, historical accuracy would pay off as well for a change.. since like when is a movie historically accurate anyway? :lol:

Myzterio
March 13th, 2008, 08:44 AM
Some movies are. Just saying, this one isn't.

But it's good anyway. If you can, go see it. You can always leave/turn it off if you don't like it. :p

LostSheep
March 13th, 2008, 09:26 AM
I can't vouch for the film, but I've read the book, though I'm not sure if I'd call it an Arthurian book, (though I don't know what they might have done in the film), as most of it is set in Europe as it's being overrun by the barbarians. It's kind of a prequel to Arthur, I suppose.

Myzterio
March 13th, 2008, 09:27 AM
I can't vouch for the film, but I've read the book, though I'm not sure if I'd call it an Arthurian book, (though I don't know what they might have done in the film), as most of it is set in Europe as it's being overrun by the barbarians. It's kind of a prequel to Arthur, I suppose.
Oh shush. Plot spoiler, and all that.

LostSheep
March 13th, 2008, 10:14 AM
i don't think that's anything that wasn't known already, was it? Sorry if it spoiled, or might spoil at some point, anyone's enjoyment. I just didn't want anyone to expect to find Lancelot or Sir Bors de Ganis or anyone.