PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Gravity Research going public

Illuminatus
August 2nd, 2002, 12:54 PM
We all know (well, I do anyway) that Electric and Magnetic fields are both closely related to electricy... and like electricity, both can be "sheilded" by certain substances - a layer of insulation around an inductor will prevent it from spreading out its field beyond it's form. A 10' thick concrete wall between you and the power station will keep it's EMF out of your body.

What if there were a way to do the same thing with Gravity fields? Anti-gravity research is going public:

http://janes.com/aerospace/civil/news/jdw/jdw020729_1_n.shtml

Melysande
August 2nd, 2002, 01:06 PM
Damn it. I wanted the replicator to be invented first. *pouts*

:p

Actually, this sounds amazing.

**pauses** Except for what it might do to the economy...

Elistariel
August 2nd, 2002, 09:29 PM
I don't know if this site is valid, or total horse hooey, but here it is:
http://www.futurehorizons.com or .net .org. Something like that.

widukind
August 6th, 2002, 03:50 PM
I'd rather see cars running on hydrogen than aeroplanes defying gravity fields, but it's a fine development nevertheless.

cassini
August 8th, 2002, 10:56 AM
I can not help but be sceptical about the atempts of NASA, and probably the US and My Government the UK, being more interested in its Military beenfits rather than the future of our planet, and the saving of resources.

The defining point with the text was "Podkletnov is strongly anti-military" with this I hope that any attempt to replicate his work will be futile, but I dont think this will be the case.
)
They (the governemts/military) will develop this tool, but not for the commercial usage we would hope.

Never mind, hey, it save time walking the dogs anyways.
Cassini

MasterExarKun
August 14th, 2002, 10:25 PM
anyone worried about the weapon they talked about?

It would be one of the first tools in pulse and laser warfare.

Illuminatus
August 15th, 2002, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by MasterExarKun
anyone worried about the weapon they talked about?

It would be one of the first tools in pulse and laser warfare.

Right now, it looks like a pipe dream. To suddenly hit something with a telekenetic force... It would probably be more like suddenly running through a net rather than hitting a brick wall, as the article leads you to believe.

Much more real is the threat of EMP bursts. Nuclear weapons give off a huge surge of EMP, and this can destroy electrical devices. In a nuclear attack, this is probably the least of your worries, but the government is working on creating an EMP-only weapon. Imagine it, a bomb that fries everything electrical within 10 miles. That's power.

- Ill

MasterExarKun
August 15th, 2002, 07:41 PM
you've heard that the military is going to hook one of the older Space Shuttles with a laser gun to make the worlds first space fighter. No joke.
The laser will shoot radon beams or something, and it will be able to blow up satilights and what not.

Phoenix Blue
August 15th, 2002, 07:46 PM
Actually, the project is called the ABL--airborne ballistic laser. It's a Boeing 747, heavily modified to carry a laser capable of bringing down ballistic missiles shortly after they launch.

MasterExarKun
August 16th, 2002, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by Phoenix_Blue
Actually, the project is called the ABL--airborne ballistic laser. It's a Boeing 747, heavily modified to carry a laser capable of bringing down ballistic missiles shortly after they launch.

I heard from Scientific American that it was a shuttle craft.
But either way, it pretty neat what they can do now a days.

widukind
August 19th, 2002, 09:23 PM
Wouldn't an EMP attack be fairly useless unless the voltage is high enough? The cases of computers and many other electronic devices serve as cages of Faraday, don't they?

Illuminatus
August 19th, 2002, 10:44 PM
Yes, it would. Military electronics are heavily sheilded (exactly for this reason!), and consumer electronics are also sheilded, though much less so.

FLipsiDE
September 12th, 2002, 04:40 PM
This article has a lot more information on the experiment itself.

http://www.newscientist.com/news/news.jsp?id=ns99992611

I remember reading elsewhere that Boeing had come out and denied that it was really investigating Anti-gravity, but I can't find the article for that...

Kaylara
September 12th, 2002, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Phoenix_Blue

I'm reminded one of Dr. Evil who only wanted sharks with fricken lasers on their heads.

Kaylara

Illuminatus
September 13th, 2002, 09:53 AM
And he got them. He got them.